Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
From the bestselling author of Gifted Hands comes God is My Hitman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Trump is Doctor Manhattan, he sees everything all at once, past present and future.

he also has a massive swinging blue penis

From a ways back, but Trump is The Comedian. Jeb was the original Silk Spectre.

Hillary is Ozymandias.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

What the everloving gently caress. :stare: He TELLS this story? On purpose?

"No man, no problem." - Ben Carson

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

for those who haven't seen it, the linklater movie bernie (no not THAT bernie) perfectly sums up the rank hypocrisy of evangelicals/small town texans. you can be an actual murderer but if you're nice and believe the right things it Does Not Matter.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm weed stalin

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Homework Explainer posted:

for those who haven't seen it, the linklater movie bernie (no not THAT bernie) perfectly sums up the rank hypocrisy of evangelicals/small town texans. you can be an actual murderer but if you're nice and believe the right things it Does Not Matter.

oh weird my reading was totally different. i thought it was about how if you're a nice guy and you kill a mean old lady no one likes they'll forgive you for it.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

yeah, but, come on. You can't tell me that, godless heathen as ou are, you didn't root for that guy just a little eensie bit. Yes he was a horrible gold-digger and to some degree took advantage of those old ladies, and yes to some degree he did murder someone in cold blood, but then he went on to make the lives of everyone he met better with an attitude of selfless love. He was a beautiful man who was driven into doing a terrible terrible thing (at least that's how linkletter presents it).

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

According to this scientific chart the band Oasis are centrist authoritarians

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

"A Miracle in China" by Dr. Ben Carson

It was March 8, 2014 and I was supposed to meet the head of the Kuala Lumpur Neurosurgical Association for a lunch appointment after he arrived in China, but I had forgotten to make reservations at a suitable restaurant.

As I drove to the airport to welcome Dr. Makarejian, I remember thinking, Oh no, I'm never going to find a table at a good restaurant this late! My face went red with shame and embarrassment as I prayed to God for a solution to my predicament.

God never spoke to me, but as it turned out, the doctor had boarded Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 which disappeared without a trace en route to China. I watched CNN for a few hours afterward, but no one ever found the plane -- it had vanished without a trace.

I am thankful that this problem was resolved without any unpleasantness on my part.

Carson did MH370

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ben carson did 9/11

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yeah, but, come on. You can't tell me that, godless heathen as ou are, you didn't root for that guy just a little eensie bit. Yes he was a horrible gold-digger and to some degree took advantage of those old ladies, and yes to some degree he did murder someone in cold blood, but then he went on to make the lives of everyone he met better with an attitude of selfless love. He was a beautiful man who was driven into doing a terrible terrible thing (at least that's how linkletter presents it).

somewhat ironically i identified most with mcconaughey's character

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

somewhat ironically i identified most with mcconaughey's character

His increasing frustration and befuddlement with how all these people could rally around a murderer was pretty amazing

Weirdly enough that role is the exact first entry in the mcconaissance. I strongly remember thinking, "Woah, that's a weirdly nuanced performance from the Sahara alright alright alright guy." Turns out he was the greatest actor of all time, who knew. We live in strange days.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

better than 100% of any other political compass

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Weirdly enough that role is the exact first entry in the mcconaissance.

lincoln lawyer tbh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Yaaaaaaaaaaas Queen posted:

maybe after being thourougly humiliated

Chris Christie will snap and go full Rocky style PT regiment and then when he's lean and mean just go clobber Trump in the mouth

Chris Christie sitting on a toilet in the Trump House "I am in a world of poo poo"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My dad is authoritarian-right and smokes weed like there's no tomorrow while I'm libertarian-left and drink almost every night this chart is bullshit.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*emerges from swirling, sugary vape cloud* fiat currencys not real

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I sincerely believe Christie's embracing trump was a deliberate 'gently caress you' to the GOP that slandered him for accepting emergency relief help from Obama.

That poo poo would have made me kill bill ironsides if it had happened to me

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

made shortly after the NRA endorsement

mannerup fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 21, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
has Trey Gowdy done anything of note besides excel at glistening and get stonewalled by a crooked grandma for 11 hours straight

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Necc0 posted:

I sincerely believe Christie's embracing trump was a deliberate 'gently caress you' to the GOP that slandered him for accepting emergency relief help from Obama.

That poo poo would have made me kill bill ironsides if it had happened to me

yeah this

christie was the promising gop talent of 2012 but decided nah ill do new jersey things for another cycle and go for it in 2016
and then katrina happened and he hugged barry sotero and got railroaded for it and replaced in the lineup with rubio
so his suicide bombing of rubio on national television was definitely personal

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

paranoid randroid posted:

has Trey Gowdy done anything of note besides excel at glistening and get stonewalled by a crooked grandma for 11 hours straight

his name forces me to imagine him as a character in justified

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/681093526990491648
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/681093594648834048

and today

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/733791992564617216

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Someday I'm going to smoke a cigarette just to see what its like. Can I be in the extreme top left corner if I've tried cigars a few times?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

as halfway crooks posted:

yeah this

christie was the promising gop talent of 2012 but decided nah ill do new jersey things for another cycle and go for it in 2016
and then katrina happened and he hugged barry sotero and got railroaded for it and replaced in the lineup with rubio

Yes, who could forget when Hurricane Katrina hit New Jersey in 2012.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Not a Step posted:

Someday I'm going to smoke a cigarette just to see what its like. Can I be in the extreme top left corner if I've tried cigars a few times?

cigars are def a Capitalist Ownership-Class Blooddrinker vice

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

paranoid randroid posted:

whats this now?

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

Ramadu posted:

whats this now?

gowdy was in charge of the Benghazi hearings.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
oh god yeah great hate and sickness is a sad! attempt at reaching the levels of popularity achieved by sad!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Great hate and sickness, Batman!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Goodness gracious GREAT hate and sickness

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Powered Descent posted:

Yes, who could forget when Hurricane Katrina hit New Jersey in 2012.

:dings:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
"There's a God in Vietnam" by Dr. Ben Carson

It was February 1, 1968 and I was in a pickle. I was on a foreign exchange trip to Vietnam and my guide, Nguyen Van Lem, had been making me feel uncomfortable my entire trip. Why? Well, because he was always tardy. Not by much, mind you, but whenever we were scheduled for something, he would show up three to five minutes late. Every time.

I didn't want to report him to his superiors, because the $1.50 I paid him for his services each day supported his family of seven, but I couldn't help but feel put out by his constant tardiness. Yes, we were in the middle of a war-zone and Nguyen had to navigate several check-points, but darn it, why didn't he just leave five minutes earlier?

God, I prayed, please help me with this problem.

I never heard from God, but after that day I never heard from my driver again either.

I am thankful that this problem was resolved without any unpleasantness on my part.

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 21, 2016

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

yeah this

There's kind of a really big one you're forgetting here, a scandal slightly more legitimate than him side-hugging the prez

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

It was February 1, 1968 and I was in a pickle. I was on a foreign exchange trip to Vietnam and my guide, Nguyen Van Lem, had been making me feel uncomfortable my entire trip. Why? Well, because he was always tardy. Not by much, mind you, but whenever we were scheduled for something, he would show up three to five minutes late. Every time.

I didn't want to report him to his superiors, because the $1.50 I paid him a day for his services supported his family of seven, but I couldn't help but feel put out by his constant tardiness. Yes, we were in the middle of a war-zone and Nguyen had to navigate several check-points, but darn it, why didn't he just leave five minutes earlier?

I never heard from God, but after that day I never heard from my driver again either.

I 100% cannot tell if this is satire or truth.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

his name forces me to imagine him as a character in justified

his name, sure, but what about his haircut?

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

There's kind of a really big one you're forgetting here, a scandal slightly more legitimate than him side-hugging the prez

Oh, right... he hugged the Cowboys too. :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I didn't want to report him to his superiors, because the $3 I paid him a day for his services supported his family of seven, but I couldn't help but feel put out by his constant tardiness. Yes, we were in the middle of a war-zone and Nguyen had to navigate several check-points, but darn it, why didn't he just leave five minutes earlier?

Ben Carson is clearly looking to run on a unity ticket with Jim Webb.

"Oh yeah, you shot a guy? I loving prayed a tour guide to death for being five minutes late. Your move, Jimmy."

• Locked thread