Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i've made 1 kill vid in my life and drat it to hell if i'm not linking it at every opportunity

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Holy poo poo, if Hinata and Kageyama learn to trust each other on the court, they'll be an unstoppable Volleyball machine!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

meanwhile in games people are complaining about the time limits in mario being too harsh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre right

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

meanwhile in games *sounds of endless making GBS threads*

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Holy poo poo, if Hinata and Kageyama learn to trust each other on the court, they'll be an unstoppable Volleyball machine!

I hope you are enjoying the volleyboys

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

you started posting in games?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

The speed of CoD on consoles is nowhere near the speed of CoD on PC and that's the last I'll say on the topic because this is a dumb derail.

CoD on PC is poo poo.

blops3 is actually slower than advanced

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why'd you sign my post?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Everything Burrito posted:

I hope you are enjoying the volleyboys

I am a little disconcerted by how little of that first match they showed in the opening episode. They're eventuall gonna get to showing games in their entirety, right?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OipJYWhMi3k

speaking of ahoy tho, new docu

quake!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The overwatch thread in games is probably the worst most aids ridden thread I've seen in my life.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I am a little disconcerted by how little of that first match they showed in the opening episode. They're eventuall gonna get to showing games in their entirety, right?

yes

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
good. I've made a deal with myself where I'm only gonna watch Haikyuu when I'm on the stationary bike, so I'm not gonna be able to marathon it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NHwqqaGpU
I wish the other Tesagure OPs were translated. I know they're just more riffing on anime, but still.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The overwatch thread in games is probably the worst most aids ridden thread I've seen in my life.

i haven't read the overwatch thread and i could've told you that

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

blops3 is actually slower than advanced

Ghosts and BlOps 3 are the only ones I haven't played but I can believe that. AW just had stupidly low TTKs.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
also even though a game will get multiple episodes the pacing has never felt unnecessarily stretched out to me vs something like Kuroko's Basketball where you eventually wish they'd just get the gently caress on with it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

i've made 1 kill vid in my life and drat it to hell if i'm not linking it at every opportunity

lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NHwqqaGpU
I wish the other Tesagure OPs were translated. I know they're just more riffing on anime, but still.

extremely same my man

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Overwatch memes are good. Overwatch thread is bad.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

im in 1 frag video on the internet, and its a good one

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

El Burbo posted:

im in 1 frag video on the internet, and its a good one

sure is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPev3INEck

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the quake documentary is better than his doom one

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's the lyrics for the op and one of the eds, but idk if its another op then the first one

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

excellent

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

the quake documentary is better than his doom one

The first half (where he spends 30 minutes on describing Quake when he could have done it in 10) is bad. The second half (where he talks about Quake's impact on PC gaming as a whole) is good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

dang, i better go check it out

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAgZ5XWXiMA

i forgot how messed up quakes soundtrack was

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

The first half (where he spends 30 minutes on describing Quake when he could have done it in 10) is bad. The second half (where he talks about Quake's impact on PC gaming as a whole) is good.

him describing the inspirations and aesthetics of quake are not bad, they're pretty vital if you aren't familiar with the work. Quake's whole world is a crazy and cool mishmash that happened because of how aimless id was at the time but it's also an aesthetic that hasn't really been replicated in games since so it's worth mentioning.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i should replay quake with the actual original soundtrack

the one time i played through it, i played with music from the hotline miami ost

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like quake 1 sp more than quake 2 sp

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It owns, actually.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

him describing the inspirations and aesthetics of quake are not bad, they're pretty vital if you aren't familiar with the work. Quake's whole world is a crazy and cool mishmash that happened because of how aimless id was at the time but it's also an aesthetic that hasn't really been replicated in games since so it's worth mentioning.

Yeah, it's just he spends way too many words doing it, so the pace and ratio of information imparted to time spent watching are way too low.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That Ahoy video did make me want to replay SoF1, and then I discovered that there's actually an abandonware version patched to run on modern machines, which is cool.

Unfortunately, I then discovered that SoF1 is pretty bad and all my fond memories of it were nostalgia from teenage me thinking that shotgun dismemberment was super cool.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's cool how the hardest difficulty in quake 1 is hidden at the entrance to episode 4

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Quake's method of difficulty selection is something that I've only ever seen since in hl mod mapping and that's a shame.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ibram Gaunt posted:

A blizzard game had a bad community? Say it ain't so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Quake's method of difficulty selection is something that I've only ever seen since in hl mod mapping and that's a shame.

warcraft 3 mods too

• Locked thread