Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

RentACop posted:

On the one hand, that adds a ton of flavor. On the other hand, that's a ton of work on something people will stumble through once and then only interact with through a menu from then on

Hell with you, I always show up in person to my sieges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

In Warband, if you don't personally fight alongside your troops in every single battle they will find a way to incur massive casualties, even when they're 100 elite troops fighting a single Peasant Woman.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

In Warband, if you don't personally fight alongside your troops in every single battle they will find a way to incur massive casualties, even when they're 100 elite troops fighting a single Peasant Woman.

on the other hand, if you do fight with your troops, you can win 10 vs 100 because you can just run around in circles on a horse slowly chopping guys down :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Phlegmish posted:

To be fair, enemy armies also turn to complete poo poo once their commander is taken out :v: That's how I justify it to myself anyway

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Somebody decided to add some cheesecake man art to Fallout. :nws: obviously

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

atomicgeek posted:

:lol: not the type of -cake I was expecting. I also think I read "man" as "fan art".

TBH, it's "cheesecake" when it's women, but "beefcake" when it's men.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

atomicgeek posted:

Ho ho, oh man, what a silly mod. I mean who would even... *stealthily clicks the download button*

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

atomicgeek posted:

amazing.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

atomicgeek posted:

For once, the nexus isn't all awful.

Timg'd for mildly nsfw.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'll allow it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I showed that to my wife, she has no idea what Fallout is but wants to put the train poster on our bedroom wall.

Scaramouche posted:

I'll allow it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

from the user images section

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm a little disappointed that whoever did the initial posters didn't make a Institute poster. Probably because they're all nerdlingers and not a stud among them.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
That loving Deacon poster slays me every time I see it. If only it were animated so that sometimes if you look away from it and look back he's bald. Or sometimes he has no shirt or sometimes he has pants.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

atomicgeek posted:

I'm never going to use this mod, but I'm glad it exists.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

McSpanky posted:

I showed that to my wife, she has no idea what Fallout is but wants to put the train poster on our bedroom wall.

The original artist sells prints so, you know, she could be living the dream.

The lack of an Institute poster bugged me too until I realized the only named character from the faction that I remember is Shaun and nobody wants to see that. Maybe that Courser dude?

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

FlyinPingu posted:

from the user images section

Stick it to the man!

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
The Institute doesn't recruit people, so the lack of a recruitment poster checks out imo

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Lore friendly as gently caress.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Schubalts posted:

Lore friendly as gently caress.

Any lore that deprives the world of robo-hunks with big beep-boop-bootys is no friend of mine. :colbert:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
He could even have one of those "watcher" synth ravens perched dramatically on his arm.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

atomicgeek posted:

The original artist sells prints so, you know, she could be living the dream.

The lack of an Institute poster bugged me too until I realized the only named character from the faction that I remember is Shaun and nobody wants to see that. Maybe that Courser dude?

X6-88 would work. He looks like Wesley Snipes from Blade.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1098/

Here is a Dark Souls mod that I think is particularly cool for a couple reasons: First, it came out of absolutely nowhere with no fanfare, second it completely retextures/re-bumpmaps like 20-30 shields, and third they look cool and totally different from their vanilla counterparts. Some samples:

The amount people are able to accomplish with such a limited toolset is really mind-blowing to me.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hahahaha, this is incredible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The lion one I posted is my favorite. The guy's bumpmap work is amazing, it's almost unbelievable that that one specifically is a completely flat model.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is that Nigel Thornberry or am I going prodromal again

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CJacobs posted:

The lion one I posted is my favorite. The guy's bumpmap work is amazing, it's almost unbelievable that that one specifically is a completely flat model.

That's from the DS2 Shield competition!
imho only the GreatFaceShield is worth it and DS3 should totally take it and put it in the DLC.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Good god some work went into those bump maps. Most of the designs don't quite fit dark souls but they still look awesome

e: I think some of them like the lion would start to look weird if viewed from the side though

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

There are programs that will automatically generate bump maps from a flat texture, and they work pretty well even if you don't put effort into it. I mean that guy obviously did put some effort into it and it's good work, but the process of making super impressive bump maps for flat objects is like 90% automated.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There are programs that will automatically generate bump maps from a flat texture, and they work pretty well even if you don't put effort into it. I mean that guy obviously did put some effort into it and it's good work, but the process of making super impressive bump maps for flat objects is like 90% automated.

Also, it's not that hard to make a bump map: they're gray-scale images with the height being determined by the value. Normal maps are a bit more complicated, but you can convert a bump map to a normal map fairly ease with those same tools.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Those shields are loving legit. Can models in Dark Souls be swapped? I'd love it if my character could drink out of an actual Sunny D bottle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Those shields are loving legit. Can models in Dark Souls be swapped? I'd love it if my character could drink out of an actual Sunny D bottle.

It requires lots of internal fuckery because of how the game is slapped together and your average joe modder probably cannot do it but uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBCZsbhN-Jc

Yeah, technically Dark Souls models can be swapped

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 26, 2016

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
The correct way to mod Dark Souls is to get a witch you meet behind an Arby's to turn it into a nightmarish hellscape made up of Louie Anderson and pepperoni pizza.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mr. Owl posted:

The correct way to mod Dark Souls is to get a witch you meet behind an Arby's to turn it into a nightmarish hellscape made up of Louie Anderson and pepperoni pizza.

You intentionally inflicted Comic Sans on your fellows! What is wrong with you!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14311/

I am not sure what this mod does because this description makes me feel like I am having a stroke.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

quote:

Thanks to PewDiePie, Markiplier, TheFineBros, Benito Mussolini, Recep Erdogan, Shadow the Hedgehog, mein Fuhrer, and other reputable individuals for being my main inspirations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Midnight Voyager posted:

I am not sure what this mod does because this description makes me feel like I am having a stroke.

The author of this mod has blocked your access to this file. This is not an error with the site and the Nexus staff will not get involved with unblocking your access, so do not contact the moderation team for help. Accessing an author's mod page is a privilege, not your right.

You can try to amicably resolve this issue with the mod author, if they'll let you, but be warned: if you are rude or break our terms of service when contacting the mod author and they report you it's extremely likely you will be banned completely from these sites. Is it worth it? You decide.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Goddamn what? I know the Nexus is a hugbox but holy poo poo. "No we aren't going to make our modders stop being manchildren, and if you don't support their choice to be you can gently caress off."

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Midnight Voyager posted:

By the looks of it, it sound like the mods lets you deep-fry every item in the game.

Dongicus posted:

The author of this mod has blocked your access to this file. This is not an error with the site and the Nexus staff will not get involved with unblocking your access, so do not contact the moderation team for help. Accessing an author's mod page is a privilege, not your right.

You can try to amicably resolve this issue with the mod author, if they'll let you, but be warned: if you are rude or break our terms of service when contacting the mod author and they report you it's extremely likely you will be banned completely from these sites. Is it worth it? You decide.
Seriously? So if the mod author blocks you from the file, that means that you can never download it? Do you have to make a new account to get around it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Certainly. There's always ways around pettiness.

• Locked thread