Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Sinteres posted:

I liked them even though I binged and started to feel burned out by the end after six episodes in three days, so yeah.

Yeah I've enjoyed all of the live shows so far, even if there's been a ton of episodes to listen to this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

defectivemonkey posted:

Chris Gethard was once hired by Toyota or someone to emcee a tent a Lollapalooza. It was a little tent where he would just bullshit on stage and then they had bands come and play the (extremely small and intimate) tent and he would interview them. That year I spent probably a quarter of my time at the festival in that tent. At one point I talked to him and told him how great it was and he seemed legitimately surprised and said he had absolutely no directions and had no idea what he was doing. He was super sweet and that surprise Chris Gethard tent is one of my favorite memories. I also saw super tiny Frightened Rabbits and Family of the Year sets which was awesome.

Also his book (A Bad Idea I'm About to Do) (I think) is actually really good. He has a half-hour from last year that's good, too.

that book... is super good!!!!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I think I've said this in this thread before but Chris gethard's ep of Hollywood Handbook is really loving funny and if you like him you should listen to it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Thursday's woody allen has nowhere to go and by god does he take a while to get there. Also it's Trump voice.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Golden Bee posted:

Thursday's woody allen has nowhere to go and by god does he take a while to get there. Also it's Trump voice.

I don't know how you can say he took a while to get there because he made that sandwich joke immediately after saying "hello."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I mean he eventually did star wars woody allen movies, which landed.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
I thought the Obi Wan impression was a solid swerve. And his plug for TrumpvBernie was fun cause I saw that show Tuesday and you can really tell he's getting legit terrified of Donald.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this episode had my favorite kind of character work that occurs on cbb, where the characters were not bound to any specific topic and scott didn't feel the need to handhold them to a concept. it was essentially "he is george lucas. i am woody allen. hello. i rape my children." the ceiling has been established and everyone can just play under it. the ceiling is the rape.

i think the complete absurdity of the woody allen character takes pressure off everyone else to have to force it. i also think this allowed shannon's character to just show up at the end, establish herself, and then just start having fun with everyone else. a+ character work and general comedy. this has been my critical analysis of the comedy bang bang format which i am qualified to do because i did standup for a few months in 2013

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's so funny how Icona Pop caught on as the running gag for this tour.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's so funny how Icona Pop caught on as the running gag for this tour.

It came up in tonight's early Chicago show too! Werner Herzog and Big Sue talked about going on a date and there were some Whistlin' Pete rough cuts from John Lennon.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I haven't cared to get a picture taken with any comedian or famous person before but I really want to get one with Lauren tonight at the Detroit show. Hope they can top last tour's Detroit show with lord ALW and Coco Marx vaping on stage.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm kind of annoyed by AAs gravel voice woody Allen yelling child gently caress!!' And not letting Connor Ratliff talk more.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Connor Ratliff is my poochie after he does anything my only notes are that there should have been more of him and everyone should have looked sad when he wasn't talking.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah it's a shame Connor didn't get to talk more. He does the George Lucas Talk Show at UCBeast in New York and he's pretty incredible at it. It's really a fully formed character and it's absolutely hilarious.

e: looks like some really old episodes are online.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 22, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He's also the right age to be president.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
And he's gonna be in the Olympics.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Denver show in three hours :woop:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why does Scott like doing podcast sequels where they just do all the same jokes as last time

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Same reason everyone else in Hollywood likes sequels. They require less effort and audiences like things they're familiar with.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

They'll probably make it on to the best of the year list too since the name is familiar to the listeners. It's an easy way to get a lot of people to tune in.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Help Im Alive posted:

Why does Scott like doing podcast sequels where they just do all the same jokes as last time
When he tries something new (that Halloween when he didn't do suicide house) people get mad at him on the forums.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I was exhausted by ALW/Fourvel after the first time. This is now their... fourth repeat, including a live episode?

If we're going to do sequels, get me some Claudia O'Doherty, Jimmy Pardo, and Nick Kroll action.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

He likes comic books

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

When he tries something new (that Halloween when he didn't do suicide house) people get mad at him on the forums.

I thought it was funny how pissy he got about it on the next episode, and how they kept talking about running the bit into the ground on the next Suicide House.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like ALW and Forvel and look forward to listening to this episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Funnily enough I laughed a bit extra when Scott encouraged listeners to go back and listen to Time Bobby 1-3 as I imagined the Howl paywall being up

....and you know what they say when you speak of the Devil:
http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/34575-announcement-re-howl-earwolf-ad-free-archives-please-read/

They'll announce again when it goes in effect it seems, but it's the first steps of removing shows older than 6 months from iTunes/soundcloud.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well, seeing how much I've been relistening to old CBB and I4H episodes recently, I may just have to resubscribe to Howl soon.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Man, Musical; Theater came out back in March and they're discussing it like it is still just a hypothetical. Wonder when they recorded this? (Also, a NYSU plug without a disclaimer.)

I was apprehensive when I saw the lineup this morning, but it was a good ep. Fourvel's still a fun character when they lose all the tedious backstory.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Man, Musical; Theater came out back in March and they're discussing it like it is still just a hypothetical. Wonder when they recorded this? (Also, a NYSU plug without a disclaimer.)

I'm totally blanking on it, but there was another reference early in the episode that placed the recording to at least a couple months back.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
This one was recorded February 19, 2016

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Just got back from the early Portland show, and it felt like a really good one. Managed to get front row seats too. I'm looking forward to listening back to it later.

Lauren played 1/2 of the kid detectives, Paul introduced a new character whose entire gimmick was blowing bubbles made of soup and stew for children's parties, and Tim Baltz showed up to reprise his Wisconson sugar daddy character.

Got to see everyone at the meet and greet too. The main three were all nice, but looked and sounded very tired. I think the tour has been taking its toll on them. Mike Hanford and Tim were both full of energy, though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

anotherone posted:

This one was recorded February 19, 2016

How do you know all the dates... are you an engineer? Cody?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Cody has like 4 painted shoes outside the studio

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

Cody has like 4 painted shoes outside the studio

Sean's pretty salty about it

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I really liked the new Fourvel ep, for what it's worth. Although I do wish they would bring Bobby on more often and let him play a new character.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

VagueRant posted:

I really liked the new Fourvel ep, for what it's worth. Although I do wish they would bring Bobby on more often and let him play a new character.

I'm not as fervently against sequel episodes, but I think this is my biggest gripe. If we only get a Bobby or Gilly episode once a year, I'd really prefer if we didn't have to have it marred in continuity. The episodes are fun, but I'd like to see them interact with different guests sometime.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Mr. Squishy posted:

How do you know all the dates... are you an engineer? Cody?

I've developed an algorithm that correlates the infrasonic roar of planes flying over the studio with FAA flight plans. That gives me a couple of potential dates, then I can usually pinpoint an exact date from clues in the photos like Scott's beard length or PFT's tie.

Sometimes I just look at the EXIF data in the pictures if I'm busy.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hannibal Smith posted:

Just got back from the early Portland show, and it felt like a really good one. Managed to get front row seats too. I'm looking forward to listening back to it later.

Lauren played 1/2 of the kid detectives, Paul introduced a new character whose entire gimmick was blowing bubbles made of soup and stew for children's parties, and Tim Baltz showed up to reprise his Wisconson sugar daddy character.

Got to see everyone at the meet and greet too. The main three were all nice, but looked and sounded very tired. I think the tour has been taking its toll on them. Mike Hanford and Tim were both full of energy, though.

Was a great show. I was hoping the whole time that middleditch would be a surprise guest, but the show was great nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I'm at the Seattle show right now, been listening on howl since the start of the tour. I'm expecting them to barely move on stage.