Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

Neat

I never got around to it but I should

I should really savor the precious few non-sequel Pixar movies...

The production sounds like it was a mess and the director had a breakdown but besides that I think it is super good, in that sorta wilderness adventure tale way. It's really similar in structure to them, boy meets wolf and goes on an adventure to get back home, except the wolf is a boy and the boy is a sauropod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That's right: the episode of Tatakae!! Ramenman where Ramenman trains a 5 year old in the art of killing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

Ok here we are. If you use the urls for these images inside the bbcode img tags when you purchase a somethingawful avatar they'll display. Please do not put more than one gangtag in a new avatar you buy, also please preview each avatar you buy because there are no refunds. I reiterate: mistakes in the gangtag selected will not be refunded, please be careful. There was a lot more effort that went into this throwaway joke than I expected there to be.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Admoon posted:

i'm still going to watch it

hoping for a toy story 2 success story

It's a good sign that they didn't do it until Brad Bird wanted to, at least. So I do think it won't be bad or anything.

For me it doesn't help that the sequel is in a landscape where it feels like every other big movie is a superhero film.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

you joke, but i could probably link you to several hour long youtube videos about people explaining how all the pixar movies are connected
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-c693flOK8

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

The production sounds like it was a mess and the director had a breakdown but besides that I think it is super good, in that sorta wilderness adventure tale way. It's really similar in structure to them, boy meets wolf and goes on an adventure to get back home, except the wolf is a boy and the boy is a sauropod.

I'm down with that

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

This game isn't out yet, right?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

This game isn't out yet, right?

no

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
turning girls....

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Srice posted:

It's a good sign that they didn't do it until Brad Bird wanted to, at least. So I do think it won't be bad or anything.

For me it doesn't help that the sequel is in a landscape where it feels like every other big movie is a superhero film.

i'm glad i like superhero movies but i can see why someone who doesn't is sick of it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i fear that the period of time between the end of the beta and release has given all these people brain illness

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
after this maybe i'll watch the rest of hackadoll

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hmm, upon further reflection I don't think this pixar theory is all that amazing

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

hmm, upon further reflection I don't think this pixar theory is all that amazing

Yeah, the real cool one is the dreamworks animation theory

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

iroyopon is really good

guess ill go with yuugi this time

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

El Burbo posted:

iroyopon is really good

guess ill go with yuugi this time

Stay safe, Burbo's av.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Gran Torino is an awesome movie

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I scrolled up by accident and saw the gangtags again.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Oh god

OH GOD

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Strange Quark posted:

Wait... X...? Like, the Clamp thing, X?

The movie has some really nice animation and music, shame about everything else

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

I'm down with that

I can't speak for every critic but I think maybe it being pretty low key and a more traditional narrative might have turned people off it, Pixar tends towards the big and hugely dramatic.

Especially with their finales, this one doesn't really compare in terms of spectacle but instead its more of a big moment for the character.

On the other hand I really like the way it uses subtle visual metaphor in some of its strongest character scenes, a lot of times without any dialogue. There's a part where a simple physical action reveals something way better than a conversation could, and then much later on the absence of something physical is actually stronger than a dialogue revealing its absence later.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 21, 2016

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This is the music from the first proper fight scene, which killed off my two favourite characters without even bothering to name them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzfnaT61lB0

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

This is the music from the first proper fight scene, which killed off my two favourite characters without even bothering to name them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzfnaT61lB0

Ah yes, that fiend Victor Entertainment.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

the only one of these that should exist is the Mei one

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

overwatch is like undertale, in that the people who post about it make me not like it, except instead of it being a month after release its a week before

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

overwatch is like undertale, in that the people who post about it make me not like it, except instead of it being a month after release its a week before

the secondary population of overwatch is going to physically end burbo.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

El Burbo posted:

The solution is to not look at Games, or any discussion of video games on the internet

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

El Burbo posted:

ya but that's your fault i think

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

i've never had a problem with a fanbase making me not like something

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Admoon posted:

ya but that's your fault i think

with undertale, probably. but overwatch is a multiplayer game, so there is a consideration to be made that the people posting about it are also going to be the kind of people i will have to play with, and a bad community is a bad time

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lizard and Me are going to buy it day one Burbo though, if you want in.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Admoon posted:

i've never had a problem with a fanbase making me not like something

For a multiplayer game that community is the one you are playing the darn games with, unless they are just all secondaries which will probably happen with overwatch in the same way tf2 had a big fanbase that never touched the game.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

the one star reviews of the good dinosaur are cool

• Locked thread