Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I've been catching up on this show, finally and goddamn did it get bad. It started out so well. You have failed this omelette. Now my brain is an incoherent rage of that's how not computers work! that's not how corporations work! that's not how nukes work! That's not how any of this works! Goddamnit Arrow how come you don't understand what it is that's good about your show? Give me more smug Neal McDongough. Give us more fun Ollie, and more shooting jerks who Failed This City. Less whiny interpersonal drama about LYING and LIARS WHO LIE. Put all the lying and EVERYTHING IS MY FAULT in a box and bury it on that stupid island and stop having flashbacks to that island because the only really interesting part about it was that Ollie didn't actually spend his entire five years on the island. Unless we're gonna have more Manu because I can always get behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You guys all asked for more Felicity back in season one. Some of you even wanted them together.

You are the real antagonists of season four.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
What are they going to do when they run out of flashbacks?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
flashFORWARDS

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Dead Snoopy posted:

flashFORWARDS
The writers can barely thing far enough ahead as it is, you think flashforwards will do anyone any favours?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
no Sir, I do not

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

rocket_man38 posted:

What are they going to do when they run out of flashbacks?

Personally I'm hoping for just random scenes from season one.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well the flashbacks are supposed to show and chart the journey of frat boy Oliver Queen into the one we see at the start of the show. After that we're done with them, short of any other flashbacks during the course of the show that happened offscreen but those aren't related to the Oliver island flashbacks ever anyway.

It's just that this season's flashbacks don't even try to make island Oliver any different from current day Oliver except at least Felicity isn't on the island.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

You guys all asked for more Felicity back in season one. Some of you even wanted them together.

Thing is, season one Felicity was a fine and fun character! It's just the writers on this series are such goddamn hacks that the only thing they can think to do to fill airtime is dumb relationship drama written in the most contrived, unrealistic way. It doesn't even matter which characters are involved, they're all written the same way with the same forced drama, and while that kind of maybe works for some of the cast it stands out like a sore thumb with Felicity because she was supposed to be the perky upbeat sidekick and and not a walking dramabomb. It's not just Arrow too, all the CW super shows use the same hackneyed relationship writing shortcuts and it drags them all down whenever it happens.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I blame Speed Weed. All of the Felicity poo poo became unbearable when he showed up.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Also can we talk about how loving lovely Malcolm's fake hand is? Like they literally could've just hand go Luke Skywalker and wear a glove BUT NOPE ITS GOTTA LOOK LIKE poo poo. Or just have Neal McDonough give him a new hand with magic. We literally have magic now please use it to reduce spare your budget. Seriously. Save a few bucks in the prop department and just be like "new hand? magic."

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Tiggum posted:

Personally I'm hoping for just random scenes from season one.

Flashbacks to when Felicity was cool and good.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zebulon posted:

It has a cast that can make it endearingly and amusingly bad instead of insufferably bad.

Then they should try doing that!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

This almost happened. But the SS film kind of killed that.

In the worst way too. The actors they had for Waller, Deadshot and the others all seemed great. Cupid as a stand-in for Harley would've been acceptable and it would be a great playground to put away captured villains without having to have the heroes in the other series kill them off. If they're unpopular, they're either killed in SS or never seen again. More than that, they get a recurring on SS. If they're really popular like Snart or Merlyn, they can show up in the main series from time to time but still be tied to the Squad without it being so unrealistic that they keep getting away because of the heroic no-kill rule. (Metas don't count because of budget and the Flash)

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Dead Snoopy posted:

I blame Speed Weed. All of the Felicity poo poo became unbearable when he showed up.

I'd fire that douchebag just because his pet name is retarded.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

In the worst way too. The actors they had for Waller, Deadshot and the others all seemed great. Cupid as a stand-in for Harley would've been acceptable and it would be a great playground to put away captured villains without having to have the heroes in the other series kill them off. If they're unpopular, they're either killed in SS or never seen again. More than that, they get a recurring on SS. If they're really popular like Snart or Merlyn, they can show up in the main series from time to time but still be tied to the Squad without it being so unrealistic that they keep getting away because of the heroic no-kill rule. (Metas don't count because of budget and the Flash)

The SS should have been a spin-off show for the reasons above, and intersected with the main shows in a behind the scenes Back to the Future Marty avoids Marty way. Snart sneaks into Darhke's underground facility to steal whatever and they can reuse sets for example.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

TEAH SYAG posted:

I'd fire that douchebag just because his pet name is retarded.

That's his actual name though...

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Who wouldn't hire a man named Speed Weed?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I swear I bough weed from a dial a gram service called Speed Weed back in the aughts

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Aphrodite posted:

Goons are always the real villain. We're awful.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Aphrodite posted:

In the opposite way, I never particularly loved the character and explicitly hoped she would never get with Oliver. I thank the producers for justifying what was once irrational dislike.

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah Deadshot was my last straw with DC's synergy. He was a pretty great character, but sorry, we gotta get Will Smith money. So into the trash he goes!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/2016/05/22/cody-rhodes-officially-released-from-wwe-/

Maybe now they can save the show by having Stardust guest star on the show as a villain.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Scyantific posted:

http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/2016/05/22/cody-rhodes-officially-released-from-wwe-/

Maybe now they can save the show by having Stardust guest star on the show as a villain.

Obsessed with revealing to the city that the Green Arrow is Stephen Amell.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Cody Rhodes will be cast as Stardust the Super Wizard

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Blaze Dragon posted:

It can, it just doesn't, especially any time either Smoak is on screen. And to think they fell into that kind of cast before.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Then they should try doing that!

poo poo. I thought this was the Legends of Tomorrow thread. In my defense, the cast (or most of it anyways) CAN make it entertaining and endearing. Just not Felicity. And not with how they're writing it now. Curtis is basically what made Season 1/2 Felicity fun, Quentin is good, Oliver CAN be fun when they actually let him do something other than angst and melee fight with a loving bow. Even Thea and Diggle are good when used properly. Felicity has just been completely useless poo poo for the last two seasons and MommaSmoak went from fun to have as a guest star to completely loving insufferable in the course of a single episode. Meanwhile Dhark and Merlyn have actors that can chew up scenery and ham it up with impunity but are easy to have overstay their welcome. Malcolm should have been dead by now, especially when he spent half the season literally couch surfing in his daughter's apartment, and if Dhark somehow lives out the season after nuking a drat city I really don't know what the gently caress.

I just kind of want this show to go back to Oliver murdering the gently caress out of people, Diggle Diggling, Thea Speedy'ing, and we can have Curtis as not-poo poo Felicity 2.0. Just airlock the Smoaks and for fucks sake drop some bodies somewhere so poor Lance has something to do. Maybe have Barry drop off Earth-2 Laurel and just yell "good luck suckers!" as he runs off.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I've been a big Felicity supporter from the get go, but what they should do is dump her on Legends of Tomorrow. She can take over the job of that crappy AI they copied from the Jaguar game Cybermorph and she can just hang out on the ship all day doing technobabble garbage. Don't let her date Palmer again though, every time he says or does something stupid the rest of the crew can look at her and she can feel embarrassed that she was ever with him.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Amell's live on Facebook giving out pizza at a place in NYC as part of some Ninja Turtles promotion. I hope that movie works out okay for him, he is so pumped about it. :unsmith:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
On set and CW photos for Arrow finale

http://yvrshoots.com/2016/05/season-finale-damien-dhark-vs-arrow-stephen-amell-city-in-downtown-vancouver.html

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They haven't really dropped any hints for next seasons threat yet have they? This time last season they had already mentioned Damien Dark (not spelling it however it's supposed to be spelt) a couple times and made it pretty clear he was gonna be a thing.

Maybe it's time to bring back Grundy, all that magic going around would be just the perfect thing to bring back a crazy, super strong, dead dude.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not on the show but the casting description for what's presumably the new villain went out.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Judging by the context of those pictures, he ends up revealing his identity to the city and they miraculously join forces with him to defeat Darhk with the power of public opinion.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

thebardyspoon posted:

They haven't really dropped any hints for next seasons threat yet have they? This time last season they had already mentioned Damien Dark (not spelling it however it's supposed to be spelt) a couple times and made it pretty clear he was gonna be a thing.

Maybe it's time to bring back Grundy, all that magic going around would be just the perfect thing to bring back a crazy, super strong, dead dude.

Well, there might be some confusion as to how they're going to go. Supergirl is moving to CW, and has already crossed over with Flash, and might get moved over to the same universe. That'd give them 4 shows to manage if Legends is renewed, which I haven't bothered to look up because that show is aggressively bad.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Legends got renewed two months ago.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I just watched last week's episode. I... I think I need some time to digest this... hacking (?) scene... holy loving poo poo. :stare:

What is it with the Flash and the Arrow as of late? The Flash season 2 sucks poo poo with bipolar drama lama's, and the Arrow isn't much better. Who are they trying to appeal with this bullcrap? Thank god Legends was spared a lot more of this and generally focused on stupid fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR42DKbfZww&t=33s

Batham fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 23, 2016

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Batham posted:

Who are they trying to appeal with this bullcrap?

Dumb Americans.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Batham posted:

The Flash season 2 sucks poo poo

Oh, thank God it's not just me thinking this! 'Flash' has been extra stupid this season, and I'm trying to figure out what show people are watching that I'm apparently missing.

I thought 'Legends' was really fun overall, but a bit messy in places. Here's hoping that all of the shows get ironed out next season, but I really doubt it at this point. Oh well, I've stuck with 'Arrow' since the beginning, so I'll finish it out. I honestly don't even think 'Arrow' is actually as bad as other fans are saying it is. Laurel has been treading water forever, and her death wasn't really that big a loss. I do agree that Felicity needs to go, or at least revert to a more fun character like before.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

FELD1 posted:

Oh, thank God it's not just me thinking this! 'Flash' has been extra stupid this season, and I'm trying to figure out what show people are watching that I'm apparently missing.

You should probably read the Flash thread because it is lovely.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don't, it's just filled with a bunch of Jays.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

All three DC shows have been unmitigated disasters this season. Flash and Legends had their highlights and fun moments (mostly thanks to the actors) but the same can't be said for Arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

enraged_camel posted:

Flash and Legends had their highlights and fun moments (mostly thanks to the actors) but the same can't be said for Arrow.

"You have failed this omelette" was pretty great.

• Locked thread