Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
game of thrones? well I refuse to highlight/right click/search Google and take 5sec to read the first result, so I'm just gonna assume it's a board game. no interested op as I have no friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

well thank god we have some people willing to defend a million words of autistic drivel. I was worried for a second that no one would step up

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

dude I couldn't give a poo poo about your post history

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Pinball Wizard posted:

game of thrones? well I refuse to highlight/right click/search Google and take 5sec to read the first result, so I'm just gonna assume it's a board game. no interested op as I have no friends

i bet there's a board game version

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

prefect posted:

i bet there's a board game version

Actually,

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

exploding mummy posted:

some dude decided to make community interactive ms paint cyoa webcomic

it did pretty well that he did it a few times, and it eventually resulted in problem sleuth, where he kept the milieu of a cyoa, but dropped the community suggestions

problem sleuth is kinda dense and long but is p good

then he made homestuck which was in the same vein except its impenetrably dense

do you think microwave killed himself when he found out how rich and successful hussie got off of his idea

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that's right fellas microwave is more than just the owner of a hot mom

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it was called "the Ulysses of the Internet" by the pbs guy who says "djaif"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

exploding mummy posted:

some dude decided to make community interactive ms paint cyoa webcomic

it did pretty well that he did it a few times, and it eventually resulted in problem sleuth, where he kept the milieu of a cyoa, but dropped the community suggestions

problem sleuth is kinda dense and long but is p good

then he made homestuck which was in the same vein except its impenetrably dense

also homestuck took like 7 years to finish when allt he others were like 1 year tops?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's because bomestuck was when he finally made characters that his community could imagine loving, and then leaned into that concept himself, even though the characters are supposed to be children

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i read problem sleuth and it was pretty good and then i started to read homestuck because of that but then it took too long and used too many words and i gave up

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
every time someone mentioned homestuck i think homestar runner for some reason.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

theflyingexecutive posted:

well thank god we have some people willing to defend a million words of autistic drivel. I was worried for a second that no one would step up

not defending it at all as it is poo poo, more mocking the kind of poster who thinks he sounds cool if he feigns ignorance of something commonplace

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

fishmech posted:

also homestuck took like 7 years to finish when allt he others were like 1 year tops?

well jail break and bard quest never really finished, and problem sleuth took about 13 months

but yeah, he spent the last 7 years doing homestuck before it ended last month

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Al! posted:

do you think microwave killed himself when he found out how rich and successful hussie got off of his idea

I don't know this reference and would like to know more

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FCKGW posted:

i think it's because he did a bunch of choose your own adventure threads

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

A Pinball Wizard posted:

yeah I refuse to admit I've heard of terrible but massively popular franchises too

lol what's a call of duty anyway I don't even own a television :smug:

i've only ever heard of homestuck in yospos. i've read a few explanations of what it is but it's so uninteresting that the explanation never sticks

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
chomestuck

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

here's everything i know about homestuck

Suspicious Dish posted:

Keep in mind that "spitting in a communal bucket" is part of this romance or impregnation or whatever. Homestuck cosplayers decided that they would SPIT INTO A COMMUNAL BUCKET IN REAL LIFE to show how "dedicated" they were to the fanon and impress Hussie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFXNMVbO5Q

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

enotnert posted:

every time someone mentioned homestuck i think homestar runner for some reason.

i bet there's entirely too much homestuck runner fanart

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

here's everything i know about homestuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFXNMVbO5Q

i forgot i made this post

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

FCKGW posted:

there's a saclopedia entry for Microwave

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
last time i chekced homestuck was a flash game about a kid, i played it for 2 or maybe three minutes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A Pinball Wizard posted:

not defending it at all as it is poo poo, more mocking the kind of poster who thinks he sounds cool if he feigns ignorance of something commonplace

pretending to have not heard of something is a tool neurotypicals use to avoid pointless lovely discussions

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pretending to have not heard of something is a tool neurotypicals use to avoid pointless lovely discussions

being all :smuggo: about it on the other hand is really obvious and transparent

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I can't ever hope to even understand what a teevee is, that's just how insanely different I am

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

unfortunately in this instance it just led to a bunch of people loudly proclaiming they have no idea what homestuck is instead of posting kickstarters

such as, The Clapper, but internet of things

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knocki/knocki-make-any-surface-smart?ref=category_popular

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

if finding your phone really more common than ordering an uber you might need some help with technology

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Suspicious Dish posted:

if finding your phone really more common than ordering an uber you might need some help with technology

The security alarm being mapped to the exact same pattern as "snooze and set new alarm" is a great feature though

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
lol now i'm just imagining tapping <knock><knock> <pause> <knock><knock><knock><knock> <pause> <knock><knock><knock> for 7 seconds to unlock my door as my neighbors stare at me in silence

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
buy ten for your apartment to ensure that everyone around you will hate you after a week

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

A Pinball Wizard posted:

no i am cool for far better reasons than that

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
and i don't even know how you got that out of what i posted, i said nothing about not liking it because it's popular. i love tons of popular dumb poo poo, but i have literally never seen a single picture or read a single word about homestuck that didn't look absolutely loving terrible so unless you disagree with that i have no idea what you're so cranky about

Herr Doktor Kreig
Feb 16, 2016
I have no clue what homestuck is other than the thing that brought us the majesty that is sweet bro and hella jeff

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Trig Discipline posted:

and i don't even know how you got that out of what i posted, i said nothing about not liking it because it's popular. i love tons of popular dumb poo poo, but i have literally never seen a single picture or read a single word about homestuck that didn't look absolutely loving terrible so unless you disagree with that i have no idea what you're so cranky about

how did you get "not liking it because it's popular" out of what I posted? I'm saying you're an idiot nerd on a comedy computermans forum full of idiot nerds and pretending you have never heard of a homestuck makes you sound dumb as gently caress. especially when you go on to talk about all the bits and pieces of it you've seen and can make quality judgements about. for the third time I am not defending homestuck I'm saying I don't believe there's any way in the past 10 years homestuck has been running you've never googled it and saw it was a webcomic and if you truly haven't maybe it says more about you than about me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

keeeeee-rist you two

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

A Pinball Wizard posted:

how did you get "not liking it because it's popular" out of what I posted? I'm saying you're an idiot nerd on a comedy computermans forum full of idiot nerds and pretending you have never heard of a homestuck makes you sound dumb as gently caress. especially when you go on to talk about all the bits and pieces of it you've seen and can make quality judgements about. for the third time I am not defending homestuck I'm saying I don't believe there's any way in the past 10 years homestuck has been running you've never googled it and saw it was a webcomic and if you truly haven't maybe it says more about you than about me

wtf is this word salad

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

BEEP BOOP words were used with imprecise meaning! there was exaggeration! DOES NOT COMPUTE

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i also have no idea what homestruck is besides it being a bad webcomic. just because it's been running for 10 years doesn't mean everybody on earth knows what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

eevblog guy is good and made a video about that drat water bottle

edit: might help if i post a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhnoSREmWVY

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 21, 2016

• Locked thread