Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
JSA. God drat. I'd be happy if the next season didn't have quite so much time hopping and they just hung around with the JSA for awhile. Give me a few episodes with Sandman and the Alan Scott Green Lantern, then backdoor pilot a Justice Society of America show as a period piece and I'm happy.

Doc Fate's helmet was in Constantine, which is in-continuity now. Come on CW. DOOOO IIIITTTT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mortanis posted:

JSA. God drat. I'd be happy if the next season didn't have quite so much time hopping and they just hung around with the JSA for awhile. Give me a few episodes with Sandman and the Alan Scott Green Lantern, then backdoor pilot a Justice Society of America show as a period piece and I'm happy.

Doc Fate's helmet was in Constantine, which is in-continuity now. Come on CW. DOOOO IIIITTTT.

"THIS IS DOCTOR FATE. HE IS A DOCTOR OF FATE AND NOT STRANGE. AT ALL. watch legends of tomorrow"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I can't believe they went all the way with the Hawks in regards to the Thanagarian stuff. I sorta hope they're never brought up again just because having all of those elements together is the worst version of their backstory.

I'm skeptical if the JSA will turn out okay, but we'll see.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mortanis posted:

We also had Ma Hunkel's Red Tornado pot-helmet in the background in Rip's "study" on the Waverider in many scenes throughout LoT. I kept expecting them to reference it or set an episode in the '40s so we could meet some Golden Agers, but no such luck. Maybe now we'll see them.

Then again, Wildcat, Atom Smasher, and Jay Garrick haven't been treated well on the other Berlantiverse shows.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
We get 1 more season of Legends of Tomorrow, in which Rip actually dies at the end or the Waverider is destroyed. From there the show's cast expands and relaunches as JSA.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm just worried next season there will be a stinger with Savage being back. Because TV writers never understand why people like the shows they write, they just think they're geniuses and therefor people like the shows for all of their ideas.

It's pissed me off so much in Flash when Iris said "Blackest Night" and of course there is no Green Lantern stuff at all in the Arrowverse, but god drat you don't use one of the iconic phrases that go with the characters without it. But if we got Alan Scott GL next season, all will be forgiven.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The showrunner confirmed Savage is dead and not coming back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GreenNight posted:

The showrunner confirmed Savage is dead and not coming back.

Good. I was worried we'd have another Fish Mooney situation.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
With the exception of Snart and Mick's continued awesomeness, I think the show peaked in the pilot, when Rip said he had seen "men of steel die and dark knights fall." The characters had no idea what he was talking about, but it was pure fanservice that succeeded in getting the audience psyched for the season. They never lived up to that promise of excitement and high stakes, though.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Rip, being a time traveler, had zipped into the future to watch Batman v Superman, which that line references.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I really liked the last episode. It had rear end-kicking and the removal of the Hawks.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Goodbye hawkpeople, someone please hit them with the door on the way out!

A surprisingly satisfying ending to the season honestly, I didn't groan once and even did a little cheer at the end!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The triple murder was one of the best scenes in the whole season, especially when Mick just roasted him.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
The tiny shrunken meteorite going 'poof' was amazing. I really unironically love this show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I did not think that episode was good at all until literally the last two minutes. It was just another wet fart of an episode the only highlight being that Savage was killed so he doesn't have to be around anymore.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Duke posted:

The triple murder was one of the best scenes in the whole season, especially when Mick just roasted him.

:agreed:

It worked because the team finally got to use their powers/abilities in a way that wasn't just different kinds of laser beam. Mick straight up set Savage on fire, Firestorm knocked missiles away like they weren't poo poo, and Sara was the cold-blooded assassin.

I hope that the writers realize that people just want LoT to be a haven of silly comic book action in the drama-bombed-out CWverse

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mortanis posted:

Rip, being a time traveler, had zipped into the future to watch Batman v Superman, which that line references.

ok this made me giggle bravo sir

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
This show is incredibly stupid. They had an entire episode about the time masters bounty hunter attempting to murder their younger selves or they would cease to exist.. yet they have to kill Savage in 3 different timelines? By the "rules" they had already established killing him once in 1958 should have made his future versions cease to exist and completely alter the time line.

I also don't quite understand the time masters. When are they supposed to have been founded? That tech of theirs seems way more advanced than 2166.

Also can someone please travel back in time and fix the goddamn title of this thread its been triggering me for months.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

karrethuun posted:

This show is incredibly stupid. They had an entire episode about the time masters bounty hunter attempting to murder their younger selves or they would cease to exist.. yet they have to kill Savage in 3 different timelines? By the "rules" they had already established killing him once in 1958 should have made his future versions cease to exist and completely alter the time line.

I also don't quite understand the time masters. When are they supposed to have been founded? That tech of theirs seems way more advanced than 2166.

Also can someone please travel back in time and fix the goddamn title of this thread its been triggering me for months.

It's because the writers are poo poo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They also brought a future Carter back to 2016 and that probably fucks up the reincarnation sequence as well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

They also brought a future Carter back to 2016 and that probably fucks up the reincarnation sequence as well.

We're also not going to question how Savage suddenly got a bunch of future mooks with him in WW2 unless they were just chilling out in the cargo bay.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Timeforce. Ain't gotta explain poo poo.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

DC is trying make their TV shows match their cinematic universe, in particular the quality of the writing.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Has anyone realized that by Mick telling Leonard that he is his 'hero,' that that's what got burned into his brain that night and helped psych him towards freezing his own hand off and eventually sacrifice himself in the previous episode?

Plus, Rip could always do what he did in the comics by pulling Snart out of the oculus explosion in the microsecond before detonation, or just pull 2013 Snart out of his time...

I'm fine with the JSA except for the fact it will likely bring back Carter Hall, because the Hawkman was a founding member of the original.. not to mention you're gonna see him around if they get that Thanagar War started..

And if Thanagar exists, shouldn't RANN as well? Ray shouldn't have to share the sky with just one flying dude..

Now, if they went into deep time and eventually got Justice Legion A involved.. :v:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Xelkelvos posted:

I can't believe they went all the way with the Hawks in regards to the Thanagarian stuff. I sorta hope they're never brought up again just because having all of those elements together is the worst version of their backstory.

I'm skeptical if the JSA will turn out okay, but we'll see.

I personally like it because Thanagar is a planet of complete assholes.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also I'm pretty mad that they hosed off Sgt. Rock like that.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Sereri posted:

It's really weird how this show exists in a quantum state of awesome and dumb at the same time.

I lost my poo poo watching it when I realised Savage's final plan wasn't to erase time, but to blow it up.

He was going to blow up time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sekkira posted:

I lost my poo poo watching it when I realised Savage's final plan wasn't to erase time, but to blow it up.

He was going to blow up time.

I found it hilarious that they just reused time periods/sets for their final showdown with Savage. I mean yeah, budget, but there's such a thing as trying too hard to save money when it's your season finale.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm just sad that Sara chose not to go and gently caress up Damien Darhk's poo poo. Also they had best go and goddamn rescue Snart because he was consistently the best thing about the show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm just sad that Sara chose not to go and gently caress up Damien Darhk's poo poo. Also they had best go and goddamn rescue Snart because he was consistently the best thing about the show.

Wentworth Miller signed a general contract with all 3 shows so he can be in all 3 and not just a main character in one.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I cheered when the hawks decided to gently caress off.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Piell posted:

I cheered when the hawks decided to gently caress off.

I liked Ciara Renee when they gave her stuff to do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope now that they don't have a common bond of being chased through history by a psychopath they realize they don't have any actual chemistry just cause they hosed 4000 years ago.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

greatn posted:

I hope now that they don't have a common bond of being chased through history by a psychopath they realize they don't have any actual chemistry just cause they hosed 4000 years ago.

I give it three months.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

X-O posted:

I did not think that episode was good at all until literally the last two minutes. It was just another wet fart of an episode the only highlight being that Savage was killed so he doesn't have to be around anymore.

Dude, you're reaching enraged_camel levels of self-hatred for watching this show. Maybe you should take a break from it for your own sanity's sake, you're already mod of TVIV and that can't be a healthy place to start from :ohdear:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

GreenNight posted:

Wentworth Miller signed a general contract with all 3 shows so he can be in all 3 and not just a main character in one.

Wait, 3? You mean there's a chance he might show up on Arrow and punk Ollie in his own city? I need that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Kammat posted:

They're making Frequency a series? :psyduck:

It worked surprisingly well for Limitless.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Easiest way they bring Snart back is they say that the explosion blasted him through time and space and he didn't die because [Doctor Who-esque explanation]

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Dude, you're reaching enraged_camel levels of self-hatred for watching this show. Maybe you should take a break from it for your own sanity's sake, you're already mod of TVIV and that can't be a healthy place to start from :ohdear:

Nice meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I really don't get why Rip was all "There's nothing we can do" when they could just go back to that Russian nuke auction and take him out there. Laurel wouldn't even be born yet (?), seems pretty fool proof to me.

• Locked thread