Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Same.

I love Okuyasu's face when Josuke tells him Koichi doesn't keep his promises, if there's a good gif of it I might just finally buy an icon.

here's the best i could do:

couldn't make it any bigger without going over the extremely small filesize limit :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

The first half is like actually chronicling the life of George II and Lisa Lisa and it actually gives Lisa Lisa character unlike Part 2, so yes.

Yeah, but does she earn her keep in the fights and actually seem like she could be a Hamon teacher by virtue of being a badass or anything?

That's kinda a problem with a lot of student teacher stories. Once their combat skills are passed on to someone else, they kinda tend to get killed in about three days.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Baal posted:

It doesn't, Part 5 does.
I thought the start of part 5 was pretty weak. But then again, I really don't like the powers of the protagonist

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

I thought the start of part 5 was pretty weak.

Same. But I think their power's alright. As is their motivation.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, but does she earn her keep in the fights and actually seem like she could be a Hamon teacher by virtue of being a badass or anything?

That's kinda a problem with a lot of student teacher stories. Once their combat skills are passed on to someone else, they kinda tend to get killed in about three days.

And just before retirement, too. :(

Also, holy poo poo! I think I know where I remember Okuyasu's VA from and why it sounded familiar. Does he voice Bellamy in One Piece? They both have the same kind of guttural, growling voice.

Either way, Okuyasu's VA is top-notch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Van Dine posted:

I wonder if next ep, Koichi will remember that he's got a Stand which would be useful for dealing with Yukako?

Echoes has no strength or speed and only has the ability to make sound effects, which didn't even work on Tamami in his first fight.

There's not a whole lot he could do with Echoes in this situation, I think. Maybe trying to lead Yukako away from where he is with the sound of his voice, though she's really obsessed with him, so it'd be hard to do that if she's always nearby.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Koichi only has to slap someone with a nails on chalkboard sound effect and that would be an instant-win for most fights. Kid just needs to get creative with his Stand powers.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Echoes has no strength or speed and only has the ability to make sound effects, which didn't even work on Tamami in his first fight.

There's not a whole lot he could do with Echoes in this situation, I think. Maybe trying to lead Yukako away from where he is with the sound of his voice, though she's really obsessed with him, so it'd be hard to do that if she's always nearby.

I don't know if this is revealed later in the manga, but does Echoes only work on people or can it put sound effects on walls? That might work for Yukako.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 21, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

20 years of Nickelback unless you surrender.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RareAcumen posted:

20 years of Nickelback unless you surrender.

That would be Vanilla Ice-levels of terrifying. :gonk:

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wasn't think of Echoes using strength/etc. Just the sound effects. He pulled the "believe in me!" sound effect on his mother, and that got through to her. So, in theory, he could influence other people's minds by giving them suggestions in this manner. However...even if this would work, since Yukako is a Stand user herself, it would have to be done so that she wouldn't notice it. And for all I know at this point, she can see with her hair or something. She doesn't really seem to be the type who gets taken unawares. And it might not be possible for it to have a subliminal effect on a Stand user anyway.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I don't know if this is revealed later in the manga, but does Echoes only work on people or can it put sound effects on walls? That might work for Yukako.

In ep 7, Echoes put a sound effect down on pavement, so yes. Maybe there's something creative that Koichi could do with it.

Van Dine fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 21, 2016

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Someone needs to gif the scene where a shellshocked Koichi sips his drink.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Wataru Takagi has done a ton of stuff, most notably Kuawabara in the JP cast of YYH.

He also voiced Nacho in the JP DUB OF NACHO LIBRE

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Shigeru Chiba played Kuwabara! Wataru Takagi is apparently Daffy Duck and Great Teacher Onizuka, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh I hosed up and mistook Onizuka for Kuwabara somehow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's absolutely no one else who could have done Okuyasu.

better off not doing the anime at all if you couldn't have got Takagi on for Oku

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
There's gonna be a problem if Christopher Sabat doesn't do the dub voice for Okuyasu, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's not gonna and I'm curious as to who the hell they could get that's gonna sound halfway decent

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sean Bean

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Antoine Silvere posted:

here's the best i could do:

couldn't make it any bigger without going over the extremely small filesize limit :shrug:

What is the size limit? I have after effects open so i'll counteract the pan to make it loop better.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

150 kb, I wanna say.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nah, it's gotta be someone who knows how to be a tough guy

I got it

THE ROCK

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

150 kb, I wanna say.

Av limit is 150x150, 100kb

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Koichi only has to slap someone with a nails on chalkboard sound effect and that would be an instant-win for most fights. Kid just needs to get creative with his Stand powers.

Echoes is OP as gently caress.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

On Sans' initial lukewarmness to Part 4, I wonder if you like slice of life? I was almost instantly in love with Part 4, but that's probably because my two favorite genre in anime are shown and slice of life, and DiU is essentially a fusion of the two, and that's pretty rare. I also love Josuke for having the best qualities from the first 3 JoJo's (kindness, cleverness, and coolness) while still feeling like a real teenager.

It also doesn't have the same looming threat of the big bad like SDC had, and I can understand that. But keep on the ride and I'm confident you'll love where things go.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The arc after this was where I fell head over heels for DiU.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The arc after this was where I fell head over heels for DiU.

Was it really a pearl of an arc?

gently caress, I can't remember the order of DiU at all

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are you a fan of Italian food

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Was it really a pearl of an arc?

gently caress, I can't remember the order of DiU at all

You're right.

Would it be spoilers to post a picture of their identity? It's not like they're hidden in the OP. [Also that's what I'd use a picture from.]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just go to the manga thread and post whatever without worrying about it imo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't finished reading Part 4 yet but it took me a little bit to warm up to it. It definitely started picking up after this arc, but I did gradually start enjoying it much more. I think part of it was that I got kinda bored of a lot of the Stands of the week by the end of Part 3 so going to more of that didn't really do much for me until they started getting more interesting.

Arist fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 21, 2016

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
150x150 23k

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CJ posted:

150x150 23k

he should stop when he meets the viewers gaze, so as to be shocked by the post they made

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Pomp posted:

he should stop when he meets the viewers gaze, so as to be shocked by the post they made

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
very good

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Bingo! That is a thing of beauty.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It should start from the right and then move into the middle.

Because he's looking at the post and then judging them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

hoobajoo posted:

On Sans' initial lukewarmness to Part 4, I wonder if you like slice of life? I was almost instantly in love with Part 4, but that's probably because my two favorite genre in anime are shown and slice of life, and DiU is essentially a fusion of the two, and that's pretty rare. I also love Josuke for having the best qualities from the first 3 JoJo's (kindness, cleverness, and coolness) while still feeling like a real teenager.

It also doesn't have the same looming threat of the big bad like SDC had, and I can understand that. But keep on the ride and I'm confident you'll love where things go.

As a counterpoint, I hate slice of life and part 4 is my favourite.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rohan Kishibe posted:

As a counterpoint, I hate slice of life and part 4 is my favourite.

All I'm really saying is if you like slice of life, you'll be more predisposed to instantly like DiU. And I think all the JoJo parts get better as they go, with maybe the exception of PB which has an amazing opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The starting arcs of part 4 didn't appeal to me when I read it, but it's something that definitely gets you as you read it. I'm not even going to say it picks up after this necessarily, it just develops itself until you eventually get to the point of "huh, I guess I'm in love with this part".

• Locked thread