Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/calimike1/status/731684417496711169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
show tonight was great, thanks Durk Hendrunkqs for letting me get an extra ticket for cheap and upgrade my seat from row 9 to 3!

naito/ach and tanahashi/sydal were amazing, and elgin/moose/dalton castle/lio rush was absolutely fantastic! i managed to get an autograph and photo op with naito before the show and i got to hold the loving belt

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

show tonight was great, thanks Durk Hendrunkqs for letting me get an extra ticket for cheap and upgrade my seat from row 9 to 3!

naito/ach and tanahashi/sydal were amazing, and elgin/moose/dalton castle/lio rush was absolutely fantastic! i managed to get an autograph and photo op with naito before the show and i got to hold the loving belt

What dweeb did you photobomb Naito with

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Was a fun show. Started really good and the 4 way ruled. The middle part was death but ACH/Naito and the main were really fun.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Willninho posted:

The middle part was death

i don't think i'd go that far, Addiction/War Machine was really fun once the crowd got behind War Machine, and Liger + Briscoes was super fun(ny)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

abraham linksys posted:

He basically insisted that I hold the belt when I met him in Chicago and he also liked my Los Ingobernables patch. It was mad tranquilo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

i don't think i'd go that far, Addiction/War Machine was really fun once the crowd got behind War Machine, and Liger + Briscoes was super fun(ny)

Can you elaborate on Liger/Briscoes? I need details on this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

Naito's cool as hell and great with fan interactions. That CMLL stint was the best thing to happen to him in so many ways and it's incredible to see the journey his career's taken in the last few years

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Awesome show, the 4 way and top 3 matches were all great. 3 way tag was one of the best of the year. John Cena may be the best wrestler on the planet but that is only because Roderick Strong is not of this Earth.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MassRafTer posted:

Awesome show, the 4 way and top 3 matches were all great. 3 way tag was one of the best of the year. John Cena may be the best wrestler on the planet but that is only because Roderick Strong is not of this Earth.

Better worker than John Cena, more charisma than Roman Reigns, Roddy really is the complete package

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You need to get the VOD of the show not for any match but for BJ Whitmer tripping on the stairs as he backpedaled away from Corino. He's the best heel in the business.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

You need to get the VOD of the show not for any match but for BJ Whitmer tripping on the stairs as he backpedaled away from Corino. He's the best heel in the business.

It's refreshing to have a heel who really wants the crowd to hate him. Silas Young is the same.

They just announce Lethal vs Jay Briscoe for BitW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It feels like Daniels becoming an agent/gaining more power has led to a big change in match finishes. The last three weeks have seen fewer finisher kickouts and major nearfalls in general. It felt like they were trying to go for more dramatic counters and misses than just kicking out of poo poo.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm pretty sure they just played Moose's theme at the Sharks-Blues game

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

yknow having a dude drop a full beer on our section at that show was annoying but I guess standing in beer wasn't as bad as a bunch of other people's awful experiences at that venue

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Every time the run Terminal 5 it either sells out or comes close to it and everyone swears they will never go again. Is the base of people that want to see Ring of Honor really that big or are they all full of poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

duyarvish posted:

Every time the run Terminal 5 it either sells out or comes close to it and everyone swears they will never go again. Is the base of people that want to see Ring of Honor really that big or are they all full of poo poo

full of poo poo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Where else could they go in the city if not Terminal 5?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The seats we had were great (4th row floor) and I was two seats away from Abraham and managed to avoid getting drenched by the beer throwing rear end in a top hat.

I'd definitely go back, but I'd also make sure i got floor again

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NienNunb posted:

Where else could they go in the city if not Terminal 5?

It was reported in the Observer a couple weeks ago that they're in negotiations with the Manhattan center again but they've had trouble reaching a deal

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
They charged 50 plus fees for third floor tickets which said seating but was really just a tarped off balcony.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I dunno who took over their live event planning after Sinclair but it's hella changed. Years ago, I emailed ROH changing my tickets from delivered to pick up at the door. 20 minutes later email back, confirming the change. 2 years ago, I couldn't get them to respond to my email about how to get an iPPV refund(you can't) until I started hassling the merch guy over Twitter.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah the last few events i've gone to have been a lot more streamlined and professional than pre-buyout

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

coconono posted:

I dunno who took over their live event planning after Sinclair but it's hella changed. Years ago, I emailed ROH changing my tickets from delivered to pick up at the door. 20 minutes later email back, confirming the change. 2 years ago, I couldn't get them to respond to my email about how to get an iPPV refund(you can't) until I started hassling the merch guy over Twitter.

I imagine they would still avoid you if they still did IPPV and had problems. I had to call them last time I did it. Told them the story about how my emails were ignored and was cut off with an angry "OK MATT WE WILL GIVE YOU A REFUND ALREADY BYE" and they hung up on me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

HulkaMatt posted:

I imagine they would still avoid you if they still did IPPV and had problems. I had to call them last time I did it. Told them the story about how my emails were ignored and was cut off with an angry "OK MATT WE WILL GIVE YOU A REFUND ALREADY BYE" and they hung up on me.

Now I'm remembering the stories about how the ECW guys back in the day would be the ones answering phones and handling merch. Maybe it was BJ Whitmer all pissed off at you that day

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

smh, Moose went heel

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

smh, Moose went heel

That's more of a tweener move, imo, as I approve the idea of him assaulting Roger Goodell

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Did Moose even play for the Patriots at any point? I remember him being on the Falcons and Colts, and I want to say he was briefly on the Rams?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Did Moose even play for the Patriots at any point? I remember him being on the Falcons and Colts, and I want to say he was briefly on the Rams?

He was on but didn't play

quote:

On August 23, 2010, Ojinnaka was traded to the New England Patriots for a seventh round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. After serving his one-game suspension in Week 1, Ojinnaka was inactive for the team's next two games. He was released on September 30, 2010. The Patriots re-signed Ojinnaka on October 7, 2010. In total, he was active for eight games in 2010, all as a reserve.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheRDouble/status/733431401828233217

lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/05...ing-philosophy/

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Who cares? Almost all of those matches are great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

smh, Moose went heel

I should buy a dozen and sell them at work.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AriBerenstein/status/734026224666828800

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Now i am tired of the jay lethal kneebrace at little to know cost, but pickin' parts with the briscoes will get me to stop fast forwarding. TRUUUUCKS, DORMESTICKS!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

beggar posted:

Now i am tired of the jay lethal kneebrace at little to know cost, but pickin' parts with the briscoes will get me to stop fast forwarding. TRUUUUCKS, DORMESTICKS!

My favorite is the Jim's Steaks commercial, just for Mark going "Don't be eyeballin' my sammich, boy!" to Jay

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Locked thread