Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Who's going to be first on the Aqours av train?

While naming these files, I discovered that I know the names of 6/9 of the Aqours girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Now work on knowing their names and their seiyuu's names plus seiyuu nicknames.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't even know that for μ's.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Polsy posted:

There's no 'you' in SIF at all, right? Feels a little weird to me that the money/loveca/whatever is outside of the game world.

In the side stories the girls will address you directly, invite you to do stuff, etc.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nbd. I just got a little fandom deep that way I guess.

Love Live is like the only franchise where I really care about it I think.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I normally know who's VA is being discussed when I hear a name, but I couldn't name the girls' VAs. Actually... I know Soramaru, Pile and Nanjou.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I have 5k Star Gems and I'm so tempted to pull but I don't care for Fred.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Do you already have a Fred? Otherwise this seems insane. Fred is good.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Who's going to be first on the Aqours av train?

While naming these files, I discovered that I know the names of 6/9 of the Aqours girls.

Oh you already did this for me. And here I was cutting up the first image. Ha.

We'll save the av changes for the anime, but it's gonna be tough to take Maki's place.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Oh you already did this for me. And here I was cutting up the first image. Ha.

We'll save the av changes for the anime, but it's gonna be tough to take Maki's place.

Unless you're the girl with the slightly darker, slightly longer red hair. I bet it's pretty easy for her to take Maki's place

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Unless you're the girl with the slightly darker, slightly longer red hair. I bet it's pretty easy for her to take Maki's place

Riko.

From the designs alone, she seemed to me the cutest of the Aquors girls, but she seems to have a very Hanayo-esque personality from what I've seen :rip:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
My friend was complaining that even in all of Aqours there doesn't seem to be a proper tsundere.

I might stick with the pinyas, even with my established preference for Yohane.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I believe that's Riko. I need more exposure to their personalities, but I'm a pretty big Maki fan.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

My friend was complaining that even in all of Aqours there doesn't seem to be a proper tsundere.

I might stick with the pinyas, even with my established preference for Yohane.

Ah geez. A friend made me watch a terrible digibro video where he claimed people were deciding whether they liked anime based on what archetypes were in them, and I told him I'd never heard of that. I was wrong, it seems.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I believe that's Riko. I need more exposure to their personalities, but I'm a pretty big Maki fan.

I want big head plushies real bad, especially of Nico of course. Just not quite bad enough to pay what they cost...

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Riko.

From the designs alone, she seemed to me the cutest of the Aquors girls, but she seems to have a very Hanayo-esque personality from what I've seen :rip:

To be fair, that audio episode was basically Chika and You trolling her at the aquarium. Riko seems like a more extreme version of Umi's shy side, only without the authority Umi had.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So which of these three fingerDDR games should I play?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

AfroSquirrel posted:

All of them. The big populars are School Idol Festival and Starlight Stage though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

In the side stories the girls will address you directly, invite you to do stuff, etc.

Nobody ever seems to mention her, but I guess she's (even) less of an active participant than the idolm@ster producer

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The player is a girl at Otonokizaka who pretty much takes the role of producer, including all the idols having crushes on her.

That's one thing Love Live has on iM@S. I want to be one of the girls but they make me talk like a salaryman.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

AfroSquirrel posted:

As noted, SIF and SS are the more significant ones. I'd suggest checking gameplay vids to gauge how comfortable you'd be with the control schemes.
Once you try either or both out, we're always open to help with whatever questions you have.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I also was wondering and ended up playing sif, cause it's the only one in English.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Argona posted:

I also was wondering and ended up playing sif, cause it's the only one in English.

death

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

AfroSquirrel posted:

You should play Love Live! School Idol Festival, because it's available in English and it's the only mobile rhythm game to feature the World's Number One Super Idol, Yazawa Nico.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I actually like the variety of idols in im@s more! I just need to understand what my waifus are saying!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That's when you decide to slowly learn Japanese.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Can't believe I missed this at the time, thanks 2015 roundup which I'm only just watching

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25711743 / http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=sm25711743

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Trigger warning

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Allarion posted:

Trigger warning

A very good Rin! Congratulations!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Allarion posted:

Trigger warning

I'm jealous. This is a nice Rin.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

A very good Rin! Congratulations!

I'd rather have this one.

Polsy posted:

Nobody ever seems to mention her, but I guess she's (even) less of an active participant than the idolm@ster producer

I think at some point early on you're like introduced as a club manager? Like the very first story. After that you only exist as a person in side stories to be invited to shows or whatever.

Apparently your non-person kinda likes to gently caress with people, given some of their responses to things you didn't say. Some of those side stories are pretty great. Someone gave `me' a skull carved out of an apple!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

I'd rather have this one.

I think at some point early on you're like introduced as a club manager? Like the very first story. After that you only exist as a person in side stories to be invited to shows or whatever.

Apparently your non-person kinda likes to gently caress with people, given some of their responses to things you didn't say. Some of those side stories are pretty great. Someone gave `me' a skull carved out of an apple!

Ah, Sachiko. I only finally got her story yesterday after doing an intentionally-inefficient medley to bond some Ns.

So far the trend seems to be that Sachikos are great.

I'm home. Time to eat and grind my eyeballs out because we're not even 48 hours in and I'm tired of getting passed.
e: hm, still only 3k behind like last time. Time to get a decent lead again.

graybook fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 21, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I like the sister pair. As a sign of how far back I was on this poo poo, I finally sorted out their valentines ones. The younger sister starts freaking out because apparently you said something about it being weird to make her sister chocolate. Her older sister, on the other hand, ate most of the chocolate she was gonna give her sister, then goes back to sleep.

But mostly I thought this was funny

Also some skulls an' stuff

Detectives are great. Speaking of which, it's also apparently amimami day, so here is an amimami
https://twitter.com/akamiru_/status/734036468906086400

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

So far the trend seems to be that Sachikos are great.

Hmm, agreed.

Here's another amimami

X

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Someone post the Amimami birthday Puchimas episode. Though I probably will when I get home if no one else does.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Hmm, agreed.

Here's another amimami

X

:ghost:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I love the part in that one Puchimas episode where they're like AWW YEAH IT'S OHIMECHIN and then they show Takane in the serious style and then they're like YEAAAAHHH SILLY DANCE and then chihaya is there and then :|

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Polsy posted:

Hmm, agreed.

Here's another amimami

X

oh good, they're dead

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm not sure what they were going for there exactly, but it looks good

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

It does look good, but one of the iM@S Confessions I've read posits that either Ami or Mami is dead, and everyone pretends the other is there just so the surviving twin doesn't break down in despair.

There is a dark side to everything, including 765's idols. For example, if Miki never obtains Awakened status, that means she'll continue following a long, dark road to oblivion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Yes. This is the good poo poo.