Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

heads up the cost of mastery level 6 and 7 is going down soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Radical posted:

heads up the cost of mastery level 6 and 7 is going down soon

Dang...Riot really is run by a gathering of bonobos..

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2192682725/276445?tab=overview

Leona death heatmap. This is a platinum game.

PRIME DIRECTIVE: DIVE JHIN
IGNORE SUPPORT ITEMS
MUST BUILD DAMAGE
DESTROY JHIN

Biowarfare posted:

should i be a rioter the offer is somewhat appealing

Aren't you already a Rioter basically? If you want to do it, go for it

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 21, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Leona's build is loving hilarious.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Libertine posted:

Leona's build is loving hilarious.

Build sightstone? Man, don't be ridiculous; that's 800 gold I could be putting towards phantom dancer and triforce.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

initial thoughts on swain: seems pretty strong, can easily solo kill my lane every game. hard to carry when all 4 other members of your team have double digit deaths.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
A man after my own heart

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Servaetes posted:

Aren't you already a Rioter basically? If you want to do it, go for it
im sure the letter they sent to bio was "please stop breaking our stuff pls we'll pay you"

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
This is Bio btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJWxMLrpE0

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

im sure the letter they sent to bio was "please stop breaking our stuff pls we'll pay you"

https://hackerone.com/riot has paid my rent on multiple occasions

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Heh, do do.

Ctrl+6

Yeah dude it's legit and pretty fun. You can both melt tanks with all the armor pen and blow up squishies with the Duskblade proc. For the last 2 items, I like any two of Death's Dance, Bloodthirster, Maw of Malmortius, a Last Whisper item, or Mercurial Scimitar depending on the situation

I think it works because:
-MF doesn't really need attack speed; she has 212% at level 18 with Strut and Youmuu's active, runes and masteries
-Crit isn't even necessary; sure Bullet Time can crit, but it has a huge crit damage penalty
-She still gets the CDR she needs
-She scales quite well with pure AD and armor pen

Basically this build makes MF into a pure AD burst caster that murders people with her ult.

tons of damage

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

almost makes me wish I played ADC

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

ADC is fun right now because there's the classic builds which work but feel a little mediocre, and then there's the clown show of everyone building everything on everyone and seeing what sticks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Biowarfare posted:

https://hackerone.com/riot has paid my rent on multiple occasions
Bio let me live in your apartment in LA when they pay you big bucks, I'll play all the Maplestory 2 you want thanks

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

This is the kind of game you want to quit like immediately because you hosed everything up.

Then you play it out and win because who cares if you went 0/7/0 in lane and were 4 levels and 50 CS down if you can get yourself back in the game and casually start wasting stupid people.

Seriously, I hosed up on an early trade by somehow managing to cancel my one and only crit, which left me dead. Then I tilted hard and died like everyone 2 minutes on the minute, told people not to come top because I had to fix my own gently caress up. Then I just farmed what I could - lane, jungle, other lanes - and casually managed to beat down my 2 levels higher lane opponent who is 8/0 to my 0/7. I hit 18 before anyone else and ended up managing to push in all sorts of poo poo because no one respected that I had got myself back into the game so the enemy team would only ever send one person (who would die) to stop me.

E: Obviously it also helps that my allies weren't total knobs, didn't berate me for my EXTREME gently caress ups (thankfully Riven without TP roams like garbage), and did well enough in their respective lanes that holding out for the mid-late game was feasible.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 10:53 on May 21, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Today I learned you can cast fiora's w while in the middle of her q

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone build Duskblade on an ADC, is it any good?

Gave MF a try rushing it first item, it was pretty funny to have Q crit bounce to the enemy ADC and apply duskblade and watch them die from a single attack with a rank 1 or 2 Q.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 21, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The MF build is legit as all hell and hilariously fun to boot

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Kashuno posted:

Fiora's W is crazy. It turns out she can riposte the slow from FQC's active, which is pretty bullshit.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Coca Koala posted:

Fiora's W is crazy. It turns out she can riposte the slow from FQC's active, which is pretty bullshit.

I played her in urf earlier and it was really fun to slide and riposte at the same time forever

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

URF is still awful

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gave MF a try rushing it first item, it was pretty funny to have Q crit bounce to the enemy ADC and apply duskblade and watch them die from a single attack with a rank 1 or 2 Q.

wait people don't max her q first.... oh no what have I been doing

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Max Q for Them Big Q Hits

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Kashuno posted:

when fiora and veigar weren't dumpster tier, you could style on veegs by qw through his stun, stun him and murder his punk rear end

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Zmej posted:

wait people don't max her q first.... oh no what have I been doing

This is my question too because MF appears to have a lot of skill order options depending on what items, masteries, and play style you are going for.

I can see arguments for-
QWE, EWQ, and EQW and I've actually done all three at least once and I don't know which is best.

I think if you are going E first Thunderlord's makes sense because it's one of the easiest ways in the game to proc it; however I think if you are going Q first the standard ADC masteries are probably better.

What does the guy who originated this build do?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

NTT posted:

Max Q for Them Big Q Hits

no poo poo

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Verviticus posted:

no poo poo

phew I've been doing that for years. I tried E max last week and I was like "no ty"

Lucian status update: still God tier

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ive been banning lucian and its been pretty nice even if im not the one laning against him since my bot lane doesn't get doublekilled at 3 minutes

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
All this MF talk got me excited and I completely forgot that I'm complete poo poo at ADC and extra bad at MF

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

if talking about adcs in any way other than how to remove them excites you, you're a crazy person get out of my sight fucker

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

Verviticus posted:

if talking about adcs in any way other than how to remove them excites you, you're a crazy person get out of my sight fucker

The damages though, the damages looked so sexy. I forgot my place as a tanky top for a moment. It was a mistake.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Verviticus posted:

I agree but I'm a broken man who plays ADC because I'm better at it than most roles and I like "positioning" aka being a pansy who skirts fights.

btw I've started banning yasuo if someone bans lucian. why? because I consistently get mid and top yasuos who don't know what they are doing and do less damage than our support. it's goddamn baffling but I'm silver 4 so maybe that's why

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
So question for the goons that have hit plat+ before:

The first time you grinded to plat, how did it go? This is my first season playing past gold 5 for the rewards and so far I'm about halfway through gold 2 and most of my games still seem pretty easy. Plat seems like a pretty attainable goal since there is so much time left in the season but now I'm thinking ahead to maybe going for the diamond grind. Did any of you ever hit a wall and have to change your approach or was it mostly a time invested thing?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I've started regularly hate banning Yasuo as well because he's totally poo poo and fits into about 1/100 team compositions yet people will pick his rear end every time he is open. Then I either have to deal with the enemy Yasuo who is fed or the friendly Yasuo who locked our team into a 4AD composition with no tank and the enemy team has Rammus.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

plat came by accident, diamond came after like two months of hard work. first one is pretty hard if you havent really seen that level of competition yet

it was always time invested for me. I'm guessing serv will attest the same thing

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Libertine posted:

I've started regularly hate banning Yasuo as well because he's totally poo poo and fits into about 1/100 team compositions yet people will pick his rear end every time he is open. Then I either have to deal with the enemy Yasuo who is fed or the friendly Yasuo who locked our team into a 4AD composition with no tank and the enemy team has Rammus.

you have a lot of weird bias-rooted superstitions for such a data driven man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my personal favorite is when instalock yasuos have no idea what they can even ult off of. a dude got insanely mad at me for telling him to pop his ult when i nautilus hooked the enemy leblanc.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Verviticus posted:

you have a lot of weird bias-rooted superstitions for such a data driven man

Melee AD champions SHOULD all be extremely situational and can single-handedly ruin the damage balance of a team composition; however, they are among the most popular of all characters in the game and there are so many people who pick them regardless of their viability in the composition the team drafts.

I would say in the last few years I've probably easily won and handily lost about a hundred games because a team on one side drafted four pure AD and the other side just armor stacked and rolled them the gently caress over. Just yesterday was playing a game with goons and the enemy team was Zed, Rengar, and Lee Sin all full AD / zero tank on one team. If you finish a draft and that's what you got the lobby should just close with defeat at champion select and all five people should get a loss.

It's one of the easiest things to see, note, and avoid doing, but people are so strangely compelled to their swordsmen that they simply cannot help themselves most of the time, hence why they must often be banned for the sake of the team, so that you don't lose the game at champion select.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Just played two ranked games.

My Yasuo: 2-11.
Their Yasuo: 25-5 with a pentakill.

gently caress. Yasuo.

Game three, our Yasuo feeds an Olaf to unkillable.

gently caress

F U
C K

YA
SU
O

mistaya fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ad damage tops and mids are extreme toxics who are bullying me.

• Locked thread