Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

china bot posted:

The guy from Eagles of Death Metal keeps claiming that members of the Bataclan security staff were involved in the Bataclan attacks, and he was also quoted saying "I saw Muslims celebrating in the street during the attack. I saw it with my own eyes. In real time! How did they know what was going on? There must have been coordination."

Because of this, they were dropped from two French music festivals. Every comment on Facebook is basically this:

Reminder that this dude was already crazy and saying batshit stuff even before the Bataclan attack:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...e-for-anything/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

china bot posted:

Also, I found this in the comments section of a case (it doesn't matter which one) in the Unsolved Mysteries archive

Holy poo poo. I've never been so thankful for my ability to communicate on a basic level.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

VoidBurger posted:

Holy poo poo. I've never been so thankful for my ability to communicate on a basic level.

I'm really starting to think that it's not bad communication, but some sort of code for the lizard people to unveil themselves and start eating Wisconsin.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Leavemywife posted:

I'm really starting to think that it's not bad communication, but some sort of code for the lizard people to unveil themselves and start eating Wisconsin.

Florida first, please

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

china bot posted:

Various comments from the NRA endorsement announcement on Donald Trump's Facebook page:

:downs:

Idiots on Social Media: A Bicycle Can be Just As Deadly as a Gun in the Wrong Hands

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

VoidBurger posted:

It's like when you type paragraphs using your phone's next suggested word.

"Anyways I hope you are looking for a few days they'll have to be an ama member to renew my own spit to extract it from the terrible ability to sober up very fast and easy to use the same time as the directors of the city of" etc.

Maybe they fell asleep with their phone on their face, and thought it was easier to hit post than delete the gibberish.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

this is not wrong.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Little late on the Flat Earth chat there's a few Biblical references that strongly imply a flat Earth (four corners of earth, people seeing all of earth from a high spot etc) so there's a few crazy sects that believe round earth is a scientific conspiracy like evolution aimed at disproving the Bible.

Just for those that were wondering why anyone would think there'd be a conspiracy about making the earth round. Of course there's also straight up schizophrenics that see a conspiracy in everything anyway.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Darkhold posted:

Little late on the Flat Earth chat there's a few Biblical references that strongly imply a flat Earth (four corners of earth, people seeing all of earth from a high spot etc) so there's a few crazy sects that believe round earth is a scientific conspiracy like evolution aimed at disproving the Bible.

Just for those that were wondering why anyone would think there'd be a conspiracy about making the earth round. Of course there's also straight up schizophrenics that see a conspiracy in everything anyway.

What's metaphor, precious

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm the good looking guy in the top panel

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Weatherman posted:

What are biblical literalists, precious

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Lol at whoever posted monkey tennis on the TV ideas post

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Frankston posted:

I'm the fat woman with all the tchochkes and cat photos three cubicles down who never exists to either of the kinds of men in that comic.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Weatherman posted:

:psyduck: uhh ok then.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Sometimes I get the impression that people who do this are actually much worse at socializing than they realize and their problems aren't based too much on appearance.

As someone closer to the second guy than the first one, here's a cool trick: don't compliment people on their looks. If you want to be nice to them (I'm being generous here and assuming you're not just interested in bedding them) have a normal, compliment-free conversation and, when they mention something they've done or are into, compliment that. "You played translator for your Indian roomate when she still wasn't great at speaking English? That's so nice of you!" "You make your own soap? Wow, that's neat!"

Even better, ask a follow-up question. "Where did you find the recipe?" "Are there any expressions that are hard to translate from one language to another?"

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

paradoxGentleman posted:

Sometimes I get the impression that people who do this are actually much worse at socializing then they realize and their problems aren't based too much on appearance.

As someone closer to the second guy than the first one, here's a cool trick: don't compliment people on their appearance. If you want to be nice to them (I'm being generous here and assuming you're not just interested in bedding them) have a normal, compliment-free conversation and, when they mention something they've done or are into, compliment that. "You played translator for your Indian roomate when she still wasn't great at speaking English? That's so nice of you!" "You make your own soap? Wow, that's neat!"

Even better, ask a follow-up question. "Where did you find the recipe?" "Are there any expressions that are hard to translate from one language to another?"

Hello, Mods?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Nobody has a nose

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Apples, apple juice, apple sauce, apple cider, they all give me diarrhea and terrible gas :smith:

I absolutely refuse to not drink apple cider in the fall though.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Nobody has a nose

They make up for it with the incredibly widely spaced hips. I'm sure if you got to see the lady standing up she'd be shaped like the Liberty Bell

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Frankston posted:

Sorry about your hands.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Frankston posted:

I'm the divider wall. Please kill me and end my eternity of sensory deprivation

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

What are biblical literalists, precious

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

gently caress you for trying to encourage me, Mom! Just let me wallow in despair you bitch!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Disagreeing with me is triggering.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Reminder that this dude was already crazy and saying batshit stuff even before the Bataclan attack:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...e-for-anything/

quote:

“I need weed, dude,” he tells me.
“I don’t do coke. Coke is lame. It’s weak,” Hughes, 43, says between drags from his cigarette. “Drinking is a lot of work for a lovely high, so I don’t drink. It’s not my thing. I’ve always been on speed, one form or another, since I was a kid.”
"When we go on tour, there’s really no practical way to maintain the habit I have, because it’s a decadent one,” Hughes explains. “There’s nowhere outside of Southern California where the drugs I do are available. I have very exquisite taste. So, before we go on tour, I start the process of weaning myself off the drugs slowly, so that I’m just slightly uncomfortable for a couple of nights. Then I don’t have to worry about even having an issue. The only place you’re going to find the type of speed I like to do is at a gay bar at six in the morning. It’s the only place. It’s the only dudes with the international wealth and connections to move the poo poo that they want.”
:rolleye:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Sometimes I get the impression that people who do this are actually much worse at socializing than they realize and their problems aren't based too much on appearance.

As someone closer to the second guy than the first one, here's a cool trick: don't compliment people on their looks. If you want to be nice to them (I'm being generous here and assuming you're not just interested in bedding them) have a normal, compliment-free conversation and, when they mention something they've done or are into, compliment that. "You played translator for your Indian roomate when she still wasn't great at speaking English? That's so nice of you!" "You make your own soap? Wow, that's neat!"

reptilian detected

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

That sounds like some 18 year old who's done drugs a handful of times trying to sound like a hardass.

So completely full of poo poo basically.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cumslut1895 posted:

this is not wrong.

Don't try to hit on hot women at work if you're a ginger guy with a gropey hand who's as wide as a shed, seems like pretty good advice

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Popcyan posted:

This was shared to a friend's facebook group - the poster seems be a local photographer/videographer.

I love this sort of thing because it smacks of the sort of hubris that if you just have the ideas and approach networks, well then you'll be able to make it happen!

It's not like they have entire goddamned closed room meetings about this poo poo and people who are assigned to come up with it. No, no, you and your little idea you farted out with your friends, is surely something they NEVER THOUGHT OF before, and all you need to do is let them know and surely, success is on the way!

My neighbors daughter is acting in something that 'could totally get put on Bravo, we think!' but it's really just some dumb kids putting on superhero costumes and then they will be awkwardly pushing it on people who don't really want it. I feel super bad but I hope at least something comes out of the experience for her, some connections or something.

Seriously, how do people think TV gets made?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

StrangersInTheNight posted:

A committee of high-functioning teenage morons all get LSD enemas, hallucinate wildly, put up ideas on a wall and toss darts at them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

If you're suggesting it's because the committees that approve/come up with show ideas are good at their jobs or even remotely know what they're doing, uhhh... there was a show about the loving geico cavemen a few years back

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

They believe that the hardest part of any creative endeavor is coming up with the idea, and that everything else is logistics and (other people's) money.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Aesop Poprock posted:

If you're suggesting it's because the committees that approve/come up with show ideas are good at their jobs or even remotely know what they're doing, uhhh... there was a show about the loving geico cavemen a few years back

Oh no no, I'm not saying the people who are in those rooms come up with better ideas either.

But it's not like they're just sitting there waiting for YOU, yes YOU to come in off the street to help them!

And, the Geico Caveman show was partly all of our own fault, because those loving commercials tested so well. So glare at your mom, or aunt, or whichever humorless family member claimed to think those ads were 'cute', and blame them fuckers.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

well, when man loves a woman...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I wouldn't be so flattered if Handsome Jack started hitting on me. He'd probably scoop out my eyeballs next.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
There's also the fact that the guy on the bottom panel is intruding more into her cubicle than the other one. Also he's more physically imposing.

Also that's probably not how most women would react to either comment, IMO.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Susan doesn't even have anything on her desk. Seems like a bad employee imo

horsepeen
Sep 21, 2010

Christian Financial Adviser
is this more accurate?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yes. Yes it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

horsepeen posted:

is this more accurate?

First panel, the guy should have his cock out.