Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

There's a secret question that they haven't bothered to tell anyone about now and they actually implemented it properly(don't loving show secret questions and answers you dumb banks, insurance companies, everywhere). Don't use real personal info of course. Might help in the case of future recovery if there really is a breach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

not to be confused with the 80's midway game of the same name featuring the band journey

That was Journey: Escape. And it was awesome. :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does tetris ultimate have the same problems on vita as it did on ps4?

And also did they ever patch the ps4 one to not run like rear end?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does tetris ultimate have the same problems on vita as it did on ps4?

And also did they ever patch the ps4 one to not run like rear end?

import puyo puyo its not that expensive

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Never played any of the following but I've heard good things and/or enjoyed clips I've come across. Anyone here who would definitely recommend/discourage spending $5~ on one of them?

Grow Home
Terraria
Rogue Legacy
Banner Saga
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball
Sound Shapes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rogue Legacy is a fun roguelite with lots of nods to Castlevania games and some funny traits for you random character but I'm really bad at it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

kalensc posted:

Banner Saga
Banner Saga is a Fisher Price Edition tactical rpg. It's solidly made and enjoyable if you're new to the genre, but since you're on sony machines already, you're better off getting Disgaea.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kalensc posted:

Never played any of the following but I've heard good things and/or enjoyed clips I've come across. Anyone here who would definitely recommend/discourage spending $5~ on one of them?

Grow Home
Terraria
Rogue Legacy
Banner Saga
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball
Sound Shapes

Gh is a cute platformer collectathon. Doesnt run great on ps4 though

Terraria is minecraft in 2d

Rogue legacy is the game that started the roguelite craze. Its good but you may find the platforming stiff and clunky

Banner saga is a boring as gently caress srpg

Nidhogg is an amazing casual arcade fighter

Sm baseball is a old school arcade baseball game its ok. Nothing special

Sound shapes is pretty cool for an artsy platformer. User levels are really neat too which is rare in games like it

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
PS4 Terraria is glacier when it comes to its PC patches. Wouldn't recommend it on the console.

Sound Shapes gets a lot of a love but it just didn't do anything for me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BabyRyoga posted:

Sheesh, how loving often does Sony's DB get hacked and passwords stolen?
dont you think if their db was getting hacked and unhashed passwords stolen we would all be here bitching about it instead of just you?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Awesome! posted:

dont you think if their db was getting hacked and unhashed passwords stolen we would all be here bitching about it instead of just you?

Yup, he literally described a phishing attack, right down to the password change notification that didn't change anything. The guy messaging him on PSN was just to add to the authenticity.

(I still changed my password, PIN and added a secret question because who really knows with Sony and it's easy to do)

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

kalensc posted:

Grow Home
Terraria
Rogue Legacy
Banner Saga
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball
Sound Shapes

I played Nidhogg with a friend on steam and it was alot of fun. He also recommended grow home to me before as well.

Real hurthling! posted:

Gh is a cute platformer collectathon. Doesnt run great on ps4 though

Does it make it not worth getting? It looks like fun, but its kind of weird such a simple looking game would run bad.

Sakurazuka posted:

Rogue Legacy is a fun roguelite with lots of nods to Castlevania games and some funny traits for you random character but I'm really bad at it.

Real hurthling! posted:

Rogue legacy is the game that started the roguelite craze. Its good but you may find the platforming stiff and clunky

I've been wanting to try a rogue game, this seems like a good one to start with. If I can handle Dark Souls and salt and santuary jumping I can probably handle bad jumping. Though Risk of Rain also looks interesting too.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Shnag posted:

I've been wanting to try a rogue game, this seems like a good one to start with. If I can handle Dark Souls and salt and santuary jumping I can probably handle bad jumping. Though Risk of Rain also looks interesting too.
Risk of Rain is amazing, especially if you're on a Vita.

Rogue Legacy's jumping isn't bad. It just has absolutely no inertia whatsoever and expects you do to speed-runny air acrobatics.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Super Mega Baseball is a load of fun. Super arcadey and really enjoyable controls. I find MLB The Show to be an absolute slog to play, but SMB is nice and fast. It's probably the funnest baseball game I've played since Baseball Simulator back on the NES and SNES.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Risk of Rain is amazing, especially if you're on a Vita.

Rogue Legacy's jumping isn't bad. It just has absolutely no inertia whatsoever and expects you do to speed-runny air acrobatics.

I'm only on the ps4, but it does look interesting, and like that it has couch co-op.

I've played super meatboy and speed runner, though that might make the effect worst if I'm used to tight controls.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

No inertia means super tight controls. Most people prefer mario style controls.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I was loving Rogue Legacy for a long, long time.  The controls are generally tight and I found it overall a fun roguelike for the time it took to explore all of the tech tree.  After that point it started to wear because the gear lacks character once you understand how that portion works and once you get all of the branches filled out it's just numbers being added.  

It didn't help that I started Binding of Isaac near the end and really craved that kind of randomness and forced adaptation.  But I still enjoyed it a lot and it's a really good entry into Rogue Likes since it's got some really clear goals for you to aim for and it evolves the challenge nicely.

Easily got $15 of fun out of it and helped me understand and appreciate roguelikes more than others had.

Edit: I've tried so many times to get into Terraria but I hit a brick wall 1 minute into playing it when I can't hit a slime next to me because he's slightly lower than me.  If the sword could aim slightly downward toward your cursor I think I could play it but it's like you're a reverse Obi-Wan.  "I have the higher ground!  I cannot win!".

It feels like such a tiny quibble but having to work so hard to deal with a singular pixel downslope in a game that has uneven terrain everywhere is just a glimpse into a frustrating future I can't see being worth it.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 21, 2016

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

i got nidhoog and rogue's legacy, and rogue's legacy is making me butcher heirs, I can kind of understand the issue with controls, I'm still trying get the timing down for the sword drop attack. Still fun though, just tough.

Shnag fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 22, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Incredibly wrong thread.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Obsurveyor posted:

Yup, he literally described a phishing attack, right down to the password change notification that didn't change anything. The guy messaging him on PSN was just to add to the authenticity.

(I still changed my password, PIN and added a secret question because who really knows with Sony and it's easy to do)

No one messaged me on PSN. This is what happened:

I noticed emails, first one said my PW had been changed. I actually thought it was a fake from some scam type site. A while later, I saw a bunch more "Thanks for your purchase" type emails for a bunch of free stuff, still thought it was fake but I turned on my ps4 to double check and saw similar notifications in my activity feed. So I changed my password, as it was obvious someone else had been using my account. Like a day later, I got an email from some guy asking why I changed the password saying that he bought my account from gk4.me "2 weeks ago", to play one of the games I have. There have been no emails from sony, and has been no activity on my account since the end of March, aside from me adding the free PS Plus games from April and May to my account, as I have only turned on my ps4 twice since the last time I was actually playing a game in March.

The problem is that I have never let anyone use my account, and never used my login information on anything outside of a console. I actually don't even know my password, I have it stored in a safe location in case I need to enter it for something, but other than that I just auto login. I'm going through my email now, and I was a bit wrong. It seems like the last time I changed my password was 9 months ago, so if there has been some sort of breech since then, my account was possibly compromised. I thought I had changed my password more recently, so I guess with Sony the lesson is to change your loving passwords every few months.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If your password was not used anywhere else, and there wasn't another breach, and you never got phished, the only thing left I can think of is a keylogger. Do you use the web store at all?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The only place that I can recall logging in to the PSN from is from my PS4, and my Vita. I've only used the store from either console themselves. It doesn't make sense; if someone was able to get my login details through a method that didn't involve actual hacking, i'd really like to know how they did it. I haven't had any issues with any other accounts or passwords, and I didn't see any emails from sony 2 weeks ago like the guy in the email said. From what I can tell, he bought a game from this shady site 2 weeks ago, and they ended up cracking my account info somehow about 2 weeks later (the changed password notification) and then gave him the info. I caught it pretty quickly.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

kalensc posted:

Grow Home
Terraria
Rogue Legacy
Banner Saga
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball
Sound Shapes

I'll vouch for Rogue Legacy and Banner Saga (just double dipped on BS after playing it on iPad). Banner Saga is gorgeous, lovely art and style. A little slow between battles, but it has a bit of a Kingdom of Dragon Pass vibe outside of combat. Story is good too, some clunky dialogue aside.

I seem to be the only person who doesn't enjoy Sound Shapes. But it's true.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

We at 2K aren't afraid of Overwatch competing with Battleborn.

Nope. Not at all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

univbee posted:

Nope. Not at all.

Pay no attention to the double XP event that happens to be at the same time as the Overwatch launch

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Shnag posted:

i got nidhoog and rogue's legacy, and rogue's legacy is making me butcher heirs, I can kind of understand the issue with controls, I'm still trying get the timing down for the sword drop attack. Still fun though, just tough.

There's a setting to change the downward attack to just require pressing the down button, makes it way easier to use. No idea why down+attack is the default.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

univbee posted:

Nope. Not at all.

It's easy to be afraid when their game is bad and the competition is good.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

What was the name of that Team Fortress clone that came out right before TF2? Fortress Forever? That's Battleborn now

Vakal
May 11, 2008
They should have just made their own TF2 clone and used Borderland characters.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

All the hdd chat a few days ago made me upgrade to a 2TiB drive.

Turns out if the backup drive you try and use is guid partition map instead of mbr, the ps just says there isn't enough space, which was a bit of a pain to figure out.

After getting that working, everything was fine, so I celebrated and bought Corn Love Forever.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Nope. Not at all.
Yeesh. At this rate it won't even take til Black Friday to hit $20

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Pardot posted:

All the hdd chat a few days ago made me upgrade to a 2TiB drive.

Turns out if the backup drive you try and use is guid partition map instead of mbr, the ps just says there isn't enough space, which was a bit of a pain to figure out.

After getting that working, everything was fine, so I celebrated and bought Corn Love Forever.

Oh I hadn't thought of that. Does backing up the old HDD copy everything including the OS? Wondering how much space I'll actually need to clear, if I don't have a blank 500gb external handy.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

kalensc posted:

Oh I hadn't thought of that. Does backing up the old HDD copy everything including the OS? Wondering how much space I'll actually need to clear, if I don't have a blank 500gb external handy.

I'm also curious about the extent of the data that's transferred during backup/restore. For example, would P.T. make the transition from old HDD to backup to new HDD?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Backing up the HD copies everything installed on the drive but not system stuff so yes PT would copy over but you'd have to download the system update from the internet to install a new drive.
External drives also have to be formatted into FAT32 or exFAT (I think), so you're out of luck if it's in NTFS and there's other stuff you still want on it.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

MisterAlex posted:

I'm also curious about the extent of the data that's transferred during backup/restore. For example, would P.T. make the transition from old HDD to backup to new HDD?

Yes it does, that's pretty much the only way to preserve it. I did it with my transition from 1TB to 2TB last November.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Buy Nidhogg guys I love it.

Edit: Should note that this game's online component is completely dead.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 23, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope someday 30 years from now when people have figured out PS4 emulation I can play PT

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I hope someday 30 years from now when people have figured out PS4 emulation I can play PT

Honestly you're better off just watching it on YouTube, it's deliberately obtuse as gently caress because it was supposed to take the internet weeks to solve

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Backing up the HD copies everything installed on the drive but not system stuff so yes PT would copy over but you'd have to download the system update from the internet to install a new drive.

Also you have to make sure you get the ~800MiB download instead of the 300 one, which is the lovely little download now image in this section https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation not the one at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Nickoten posted:

Buy Nidhogg guys I love it.

Edit: Should note that this game's online component is completely dead.

Online was dead from Day One due to poo poo netcode.

• Locked thread