Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I'm not too concerned with doing OV yet anyway, I just figured that since I got some quests for it and the game was pointing me there I might as well go ahead and dip my toes in. Turns out the water's kind of busted, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Opposing Farce posted:

I hit level 70 and went into Otherverse for the first time, just going where the quests point me and doing the freebie baby versions, but I'm having trouble with the Void Rift dungeon because it doesn't finish after I beat Gaunis. I kill him, he kneels down and does his little animation, and then the game just kind of sits there and nothing happens. I thought maybe it was some weird bug or lag thing, so I left the dungeon and tried again, but it's happened twice in a row now so it seems like a consistent thing. Google isn't turning up any reports of the same issue and the videos I've pulled up make it seem like he's supposed to just die and the dungeon ends, so maybe this is the game telling me I should give up on this OV thing for ever/the foreseeable future and get back to regular leveling.

It's the tutorial that's broken, Dark Side solo does the same thing. Before you enter, in the corner when you choose a dungeon you can click to turn the tutorial off. It should work when you do that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

drop rate increase will apply to [...] epics

no, NO!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

According to facebook comments made by MJ, the drop rate increase will apply to legendaries and epics. Not sure I believe that, but I'll be running hells anyway. Although I won't really be able to confirm if it's true or not since I regularly have obscene hell luck anyway :v:

Also, apparently some people on Reddit ran 800 hells between them and say that statistically it's very unlikely epic drop rates are doubled.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Yeah we talked about it in discord, and I saw that reddit thread. Jury's out on it applying to orbs/eyes, but it definitely doesn't seem to help epics.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ Looking at Facebook he outright says yes to "does this apply to epics" so it's going to be pretty awful if he's wrong. Though since not all Hells are insane hells wouldn't it kinda balance out against the Hell like Hell event we just had?

Black Balloon posted:

According to facebook comments made by MJ, the drop rate increase will apply to legendaries and epics. Not sure I believe that, but I'll be running hells anyway. Although I won't really be able to confirm if it's true or not since I regularly have obscene hell luck anyway :v:

It doesn't affect quest drops, just monster drops, so I guess it's only partially helpful for Ancient dailies since maybe it affects the stuff like apostle remnants but not the actual "you killed X and got 0-2 items" drops?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Evil Fluffy posted:

It doesn't affect quest drops, just monster drops, so I guess it's only partially helpful for Ancient dailies since maybe it affects the stuff like apostle remnants but not the actual "you killed X and got 0-2 items" drops?

Yeah I don't imagine it would help much for the farmable legendaries, just (supposedly) the ones that can randomly drop.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

.0002% isn't all that much higher than .0001% in any case.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So what's the story with Ultimate Multi Headshot? I've seen it talked about as a major staple M.Ranger skill, but it honestly seems kind of garbage. Awkward hitbox, no i-frames, not stellar damage, juggle but no hold. Am I missing something?

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Edit: oh lmao sorry, I misread and thought you were talking about normal Multi HS

Edit edit: actually that brings me to another point that I feel is super bullshit, namely the fact that M.Ranger has gently caress-all for good EX skils. Air Spin is trash and UMHS is really bad too, it's really sad. At least F.Ranger has the luxury of Bloody Spike being easy to use and having decent damage, since you dont even need to use Topspin to activate it. I have it bound to Shift and it combos super well into a lot of poo poo. Plus you can use it mid-air.

I am both expectant and really dreadijg the rework, because while we get a kind of neat looking skill in Suppressive Fire, apparently they equalize male and female Multi HS, ans honestly having a super powerful Multi HS is just way too fun :(

Raruna fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 20, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Sounds like outdated information? Only good use for UMHS is to use just it for the final shot, so basically it's treated as a regular HS except with a horrendous start up and high cool down. Unless you're constantly chugging SA pots, good luck ever using it in front of an enemy.

If the skill wasn't rear end, they wouldn't have reworked the entire skill.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

UMHS is rear end on F Ranger.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Multi head shot is great with all the tp range buffs. Ultimate multi headshot I just leave at 1 and use for the gathering effect.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I legit have no idea what to do with the ancient dungeon mat honey time pot :saddowns:. Who do I put it on? The random nature of it makes me second guess a whole lot.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

two things:

(1) ugh, ghent

(2) I wish I could get avatars based on the awakening skill cut-ins. f nen looks drat snappy, as does exorcist.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Too bad you missed the awakened ones packages.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I want the apostle packages, assuming they weren't a Nexon-only thing.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
fool, I see you in there, spamming memes along with everybody else...so am I.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My DT is 66 now. Should I ever be bothering with this dimensional rupture thing, or altar of ascension, or the towers of the dead or illusion? I never figured out when/why to do those.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
They're old content. Don't really need to bother with them with the exception of awakenings, tower of despair, and other verse

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Tower of Despair gives some fun titles. Page through the tab and see if there are any you like.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I don't think I've bothered with Titles past that first quest :v:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Looks like someone doesn't want "dandy boy".

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

My DT is 66 now. Should I ever be bothering with this dimensional rupture thing, or altar of ascension, or the towers of the dead or illusion? I never figured out when/why to do those.

Bother with Mirror Arad on alts for the Endless Eternities or characters who care about Powerful Energies. Party there with people/fellow goons for the random hell.

Bother with Altar of Ascension for FP-less EXP and an eventual Anodron card. Anodron himself is a stupid boss. Read up beforehand on gimmicks or else you'll be sorry.

Bother with Tower of the Dead for FP-less EXP and a pretty okay title, but it's a huge timesink.

Never bother with Tower of Illusion, it's stupid and garbage because it's level 40 content.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gologle posted:

fool, I see you in there, spamming memes along with everybody else...so am I.

Memes are good, but now they are over, since I got my Marvelous weapon to +13. I failed my +12 attempt unfortunately, and don't have another protection ticket.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

Memes are good, but now they are over, since I got my Marvelous weapon to +13. I failed my +12 attempt unfortunately, and don't have another protection ticket.

Marvelous weapons don't break when they fail to +11/12/13 though so why would you need a ticket? Mine failed to +12 the other day and just dropped to zero instead.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Marvelous weapons don't break when they fail to +11/12/13 though so why would you need a ticket? Mine failed to +12 the other day and just dropped to zero instead.

He means for another weapon.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I meant for my GM.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Got to watch a vagabond blow up a +12 byeoll going for +13 today.

Edit: Also a FSlayer of some sort blew up a yin.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 21, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just got my first 70 ever and uh why am I a time traveler now I wasn't reading :saddowns:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I'm totally mystified as to how to access the Anton epics. I did all the power station epics, and Navarre mentioned moving on Anton, but I have no quests for those zones, and no active epics currently except for some lingering thing in Runaway Train and something in Screaming Cavern. I just want to do hells in Inverted Castle, which I already have the quest to unlock, but I can't get there until I complete the Anton chain.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

I'm totally mystified as to how to access the Anton epics. I did all the power station epics, and Navarre mentioned moving on Anton, but I have no quests for those zones, and no active epics currently except for some lingering thing in Runaway Train and something in Screaming Cavern. I just want to do hells in Inverted Castle, which I already have the quest to unlock, but I can't get there until I complete the Anton chain.

Clear all your epics in the Uncleared Quests section. There's a small button along the bottom that will appear when you highlight a skippable questline.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

Clear all your epics in the Uncleared Quests section. There's a small button along the bottom that will appear when you highlight a skippable questline.

Got it, thanks.

edit: Man, it's bizarre that after Anton there's a long chain of quests in the old level 70 lawless zones.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 22, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Boy howdy sword master cubes are kinda ridiculous

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Is there a good guide for what to do for gearing once I hit cap on my Demon Slayer? I've only ever barely poked at Otherverse and the Ancient Dungeons, and that was a while ago at this point.

Looking through the various events, I've got 3 selective chronicle boxes, a bunch of stars since I'm a returnee and about 30m gold after I bought the doppelganger box. Especially since the stars let you get (almost) one piece from each set for not much cost, is there anything in particular that I should be looking at as one-off rather than trying to grind out a whole set? I know I've got a ton of Hell invites to grind through at some point as well, which would impact what I'd go for assuming I got an epic to drop, but is there anything general I should be heading for?

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
So speaking of the stars, how many of what ancient dungeon materials do I need to get a useful item? Do I need to do any grinding, or will the stars cover it?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

LogicNinja posted:

So speaking of the stars, how many of what ancient dungeon materials do I need to get a useful item? Do I need to do any grinding, or will the stars cover it?

Most currently available quest legendaries take 80 materials to buy, with some taking 60, notably ghost train pieces.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

RPZip posted:

Is there a good guide for what to do for gearing once I hit cap on my Demon Slayer? I've only ever barely poked at Otherverse and the Ancient Dungeons, and that was a while ago at this point.

Option a) Chronicle gear. At level 70 everyone gets a side quest where they talk to Luther and are aggressively led through every Otherverse dungeon. At the moment, OV bosses drop double their stuff and Exorcism requirements are lessened, as well as having a daily that gives you a bunch of useful consumables. Your ultimate endgoal, as a Demon Slayer, is to get a Chronicle set you like (set pieces drop from non-Normal difficulties. there is an enormous drop pool, so don't expect this to come out instantly). Take a gander at them here and here. I'm a fan of K'rong's Army and Bronx Majin, but the de facto go to set for Demon Slayers is Majin's Whisper from OV2 (Goblin Kingdom, Castle Nebulous, and Rangelus' Guerrillas). There are resources online to help walk you through OV dungeon gimmicks if the tutorial mode doesn't help you. Alternately, hit up a goon or three. For your selective boxes, sub equip, magic stone, shoulder, and belt are all things that require a recipe to get. Never get shoes or necklaces for OV2, or necklaces for OV3 since a quest gives them.

Option b) Legendary sets. At level 85, you unlock Ancient dungeons. Just do the dailies every day over and over until you get the needed materials. The Gracia set is really good, it costs 80 materials for weapon/sub/stone, and 60 for each armor piece and accessory. This is probably going to be insufferably hard if you have poverty rare gear. My Demon Slayer does pretty ok in regular Noire Ferra with 5pc level 80 halidom armor set, 3pc level 85 halidom accessory set, and a +10 level 80 halidom zanbato.

Option c) Run hells forever to get epics. This is not advised and will eventually break your spirit or your wallet eventually. You also can't really control for what epics you get so it's all one big shrug. Remember to do Tower of Despair daily so you can get an epic chance once every 100 days.

As a one off, hell if I know. The Gracia zanbato, is a pretty good weapon. It has inherent light damage, adds +1 to skills 40-70, is a level 85 legendary, and adds light damage, but costs like, 80 reports I think. Ghost Train pants are pretty decent, since they give +1 to level 1-45 skills, which includes Reinforce and Berserk. The Buried Scream Memory is an alright sub equip.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

quote:

Option b) Legendary sets. At level 85, you unlock Ancient dungeons. Just do the dailies every day over and over until you get the needed materials. The Gracia set is really good, it costs 80 materials for weapon/sub/stone, and 60 for each armor piece and accessory.

Where's this from? I see the Gracia weapons on the vendor, but the armor is all Sea God or Heartrending Grief stuff.

And thanks, that was all helpful. Barring anything else I think that means I'll grab a few pieces of the Otherverse armor from the selective boxes once I hit 86 (maybe not Sub/Magic since I've got Starfall and a pretty nice elemental damage stone from the quest as a freebie?), try to use the rental gear to cover up anything I'm missing, and start working on the Gracia weapon/Sea God Pants since they should be pretty quick with the stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

The legendary sets haven't been released yet, but we should be on the receiving end of em soon enough. Helpfully, you can farm the stuff needed to buy the pieces while we wait.