Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Where was the post about bad SNES games that set all of this off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

FirstAidKite posted:

Lady Naga was very brash and blunt with her posting in such a way that caused people to think she was trying to start arguments when she wasn't, and I hope that whatever she is doing now that she is doing well, that she is safe, and that she is hopefully learning to not post in such an accidentally antagonistic way
A brash, blunt lady just like me. Maybe that's why I liked her? :sigh:

You guys tolerate way stupider shitposting (Stux) and way worse genuine opinions (80% of 8-Bit Scholar's posts) than anything I saw Lady Naga post. She didn't really stand out in that regard for me. Then again, I'm newish to these chat threads so maybe I missed some really egregious poo poo, but idk man.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VoidBurger posted:

You guys tolerate way stupider shitposting (Stux) and way worse genuine opinions (80% of 8-Bit Scholar's posts).

I don't think people tolerate either, really

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It really doesn't matter at the end of the day. If you get upset or bothered by someones posts then the problem is you not them.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

VoidBurger posted:

You guys tolerate way stupider shitposting (Stux) and way worse genuine opinions (80% of 8-Bit Scholar's posts) than anything I saw Lady Naga post. She didn't really stand out in that regard for me. Then again, I'm newish to these chat threads so maybe I missed some really egregious poo poo, but idk man.

The only thing I can think of about Lady Naga that distinguishes her from Stux and 8BS in a non positive manner is that she came across as kinda pessimistic a lot of the time. It was never particularly egregious though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VoidBurger posted:

Stux and 8-Bit Scholar being terrible doesn't make Naga any better. I wouldn't mind any of them never posting again.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Also Stux and 8-Bit don't treat this thread as their Livejournal/LP journal/identity politics Tumblr.

Granted they're all terrible and should be ignored.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

If you get upset or bothered by someones posts then the problem is you not them.

I disagree, and want everybody to know that it is ok to feel upset about things when somebody upsets you, as long as you are not airing your frustration in any kind of unhealthy way

what I am saying is that I hope everybody has a good day today, and if their day is not going well, then I hope your day gets better soon, and I hope everybody stays safe today and has fun doing whatever they like to do for fun

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I said come in! posted:

It really doesn't matter at the end of the day. If you get upset or bothered by someones posts then the problem is you not them.

You mean they win when people wont stop talking about them?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

You mean they win when people wont stop talking about them?
:ironicat:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
How's it going gang? I was about to boot up Metroid Prime 3 today

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I thought LN was fine. Pessimism is appreciated sometimes!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

How's it going gang? I was about to boot up Metroid Prime 3 today

I haven't played it since I don't own a Wii but I have heard great things.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I started magicka last night. I might go back and add some of my old bundle keys, like Slave Zero

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Lady Naga is a forums friend imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm almost done with Bravely Second just need to kill five sins for Yokai Job skills and then final dungeon.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

more like lady nagger haha

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

If you really believe this why do you post on an aggressively moderated forum with a paywall? Not saying it's a negative or bragging about it for that matter but SA is one of the more curated large forums

FirstAidKite posted:

what I am saying is that I hope everybody has a good day today, and if their day is not going well, then I hope your day gets better soon, and I hope everybody stays safe today and has fun doing whatever they like to do for fun

Thank you!!! I went to a Mellow Mushroom w/ a friend and we got the "holy shiitake" pie with bacon, and didn't notice it said it already had aioli on it, so basically we ate the richest pizza in the history of the world. I suddenly feel incredibly fat.

Prolly gonna settle in for a few hours of gaming before going out tonight, not sure if I wanna start The Witcher 3 or dig up hardware to play Persona 3 again (a buddy started it and I thought it'd be fun to play along together).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Witcher 3's Detective Vision thing is really bringing me down. It's like the 2010s' version of pixel hunting

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the detective geralt stuff is always "find a bright red object in a five foot radius". the real problem is getting him to actually interact with things

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think people tolerate either, really
Yeah it's not so much tolerate as have given up and become accustomed, like a bum who sits around in filthy clothes or something

I said come in! posted:

and there's why we sit in the filthy clothes

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I feel like using mechanics from the sometimes genuinely difficult "escape the room" puzzle games that are kind of popular would liven up those detective sections. But then people who are in it for the story or combat might get stuck and end up being all "where's my bright red win button already?!!"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

These detective segments aren't even puzzles. Geralt solves it for you, tells you exactly what everything means, you're just there to move him to the next red footprint.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, the boss runs with no shortcuts are loving killing me in Demon's Souls, it was okay at the start while I was beating them all first go. :/ 4-2 is the worst, no shortcut, no way of running past enemies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

corn in the bible posted:

gently caress lady naga

Mean.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ID Software might be making a Quake reboot. :eyepop: The first game I hope, not Quake 2, I didn't like that setting nearly as much.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

I said come in! posted:

not Quake 2, I didn't like that setting nearly as much.

Blasphemy.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
8BS seems to keep their lovely opinions mostly out of this thread and stux is just gimmick white noise. Lady Naga got really, genuinely angry and insulting over trivial poo poo and I find that way more annoying to have around.

People who act like she was just "blunt" I guess have selective memory because you can be blunt without being an rear end in a top hat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel burned by Quake 4. Speaking of, were Quake and Quake II actual sequels to each other or are they not related at all? Both games are so different in tone and setting but it felt like they were at least very loosely related.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sakurazuka posted:

Man, the boss runs with no shortcuts are loving killing me in Demon's Souls, it was okay at the start while I was beating them all first go. :/ 4-2 is the worst, no shortcut, no way of running past enemies.

Yeah they started adding tons of shortcuts/bonfires to later titles for a reason. It's definitely got the old style of clearing the whole stage then the boss from the retro era, but man is it brutal on a couple stages.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Who gives a poo poo which posters you like or dislike

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Amen

E: I'm having a lot of fun with Wild ARMS 3 and Sniper Elite 3. Uncharted 4 should arrive tomorrow, same day I do a second walk through of the house I might buy. Good times in the Waffle world

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Discussing posters posting is actually the height of posting imo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who gives a poo poo which posters you like or dislike

I keep meticulous tabs on this for optimal games forum shipping.
8-bit scholar x corn in the bible is my OTP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No shipping in the chat thread

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So even skeptical grumpy grandpa Rich Evans loves Doom 2016, I guess I have to get it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvbO3kLkgw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yeah they started adding tons of shortcuts/bonfires to later titles for a reason. It's definitely got the old style of clearing the whole stage then the boss from the retro era, but man is it brutal on a couple stages.

Definitely feeling the old school design, it's weirdly inconsistent though, some areas are fine with minimal (for this game at least) run back while others make you do the whole area.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Lurdiak posted:

So even skeptical grumpy grandpa Rich Evans loves Doom 2016, I guess I have to get it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvbO3kLkgw

Whoa, I didn't even know Rich and Jack of Red Letter Media had their own channel for games. I'll have to check this out!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

No shipping in the chat thread

Direct me to the shipping thread.

No, really, I lost the Undertale thread and I wanna know what the kooks in there are up to now.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Whoa, I didn't even know Rich and Jack of Red Letter Media had their own channel for games. I'll have to check this out!

Aside from their hilarious takedown of The Order: 1886 it's mostly mediocre at best, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0zJ89Fv8c

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Direct me to the shipping thread.

No, really, I lost the Undertale thread and I wanna know what the kooks in there are up to now.

It got closed, which is the end state of any thread that allows people to post fanart and Tumblr links en masse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

It got closed, which is the end state of any thread that allows people to post fanart and Tumblr links en masse.

I'm worried about the future of the overwatch fanart chill thread

Sakurazuka posted:

Definitely feeling the old school design, it's weirdly inconsistent though, some areas are fine with minimal (for this game at least) run back while others make you do the whole area.

On some stages it's works alright since they seem to match hard levels with easy bosses and vice versa, but a few of them like the flame lurker and the boss you're stuck on are not very fair.

• Locked thread