Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The thing is:

You can buy these already (with stands, yes) and folks generally won't charge you $80 for them.

At this point it's probably safe to assume if something on kickstarter isn't impossible or impossibly dumb, it's already for sale somewhere anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
You want to know what it takes to fund a kickstarter? It takes copper balls to fund a kickstarter. Go and do likewise gents. Money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Germstore posted:

You want to know what it takes to fund a kickstarter? It takes copper balls to fund a kickstarter. Go and do likewise gents. Money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
This jpeg of a spaceship costs more than your car. You see pal, thats who I am. A! Always! B! Be! C! Crowdfunding!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

JossiRossi posted:

Worse. Comedians.

They didn't change their names so if you look them up they all have IMDB pages.

I have to wonder if the name is intentionally a reference to a character from Italian Renaissance sketch comedy, or just a coincidence.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

C.M. Kruger posted:

I have to wonder if the name is intentionally a reference to a character from Italian Renaissance sketch comedy, or just a coincidence.

I believe it refers to the word "pantalones", meaning "pants".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apparently Paramount are dropping the lawsuit against that parasitic fan film !!!
http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/21/paramount-will-end-its-lawsuit-against-star-trek-fan-film/

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Apparently Paramount are dropping the lawsuit against that parasitic fan film !!!
http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/21/paramount-will-end-its-lawsuit-against-star-trek-fan-film/

Justin Lin is either a concerned fan and/or a three-dimensional chess master, because he pretty much guaranteed that the Trekkies who were upset about this are now going to see his movie because of this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lin is a Trekkie. And the biggest nerd because he and Vin Diesel turned F&F into adaptations of D&D.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It doesn't look like they're just dropping it. The way that article is worded sounds like they're going to create a structured thing for what is allowed by fan films and what will still get you sued. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the big things is basically telling fan filmmakers not to do what these guys did (like trying to sell their own Star Trek branded merchandise.)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

(like trying to sell their own Star Trek branded merchandise.)

This was the stupidest idea ever and I'm glad they got sued

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

I dunno, I kinda like it. A nice perfectly spherical copper ball would be quite a tactile thing to have around on your desk floor to mess with.

Why aren't they selling stands for them.

You know you can just buy a ball at a store for a few dollars. It will be close enough to perfectly spherical that your human senses won't be able to tell the difference.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Lin is a Trekkie. And the biggest nerd because he and Vin Diesel turned F&F into adaptations of D&D.

Roll a D20 to avoid pulling a Paul Walker.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Roll a D20 to avoid pulling a Paul Walker.

What is it, a perception check? Uh, rolled a 14, comes out to 15 after bonuses.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
As long as you don't roll a 1 you're good.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Looked more like a critical hit to me.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

What is this garbage.

e 65$ gets "16 burned/unburned candles of various sizes used in the movie as decorative pieces"

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 10:35 on May 23, 2016

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

unpacked robinhood posted:

What is this garbage.

It's America's love/hate relationship with puritanism

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/929434055/accolade-shadow-box/

Nick may have misplaced a few 0s on his project's goal here. Or perhaps he's just a super ambitious guy.

Anyway, he wants to make this crappy picture frame with shelving attached and needs your money to do it. Help a guy out to the tune of $10m to achieve this modest dream won't you?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

hey mister

put a little more shadow box in that shadow box

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

alphabettitouretti posted:

Nick may have misplaced a few 0s on his project's goal here. Or perhaps he's just a super ambitious guy.

Anyway, he wants to make this crappy picture frame with shelving attached and needs your money to do it. Help a guy out to the tune of $10m to achieve this modest dream won't you?

He actually typed "Expresso."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

He probably thought the 'goal' was the maximum and not a minimum.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ville Valo posted:

He actually typed "Expresso."

Color options:
Cherry
Expresso

phew that's enough color options, coming up with fancy names for this stuff is hard

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/288831438/pc-gamers-recliner-stage-1

Check out this lazy motherfucker. Seemingly unaware that reclining chairs already exist, he's begging the internet for $200 to create a design for one based on a biro sketch (gonna use that kickstarter windfall to purchase a ruler for some straight lines). Though I guess cramming a PC inside it is new, even if it is dumb af. Not sure about the practicality of the power cord coming out the front, bit of a trip hazard.

1 pledge reward, which is a personalised thank you video. if the concept is any indication this will be a crayon scribble on a napkin with "thank you" spelt incorrectly.

Challenges: "I want to give this Project the attention it deserves but as a father, my children will always come first."

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He doesn't mention what the green screen is for, I assumed it was an integrated facecam minecraft streaming system ?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I hope if he funds, he makes it exactly as the drawing is, to the point where it is a non-euclidean nightmare of a chair.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Challenges: "I want to give this Project the attention it deserves but as a father, my children will always come first."

and $200 will fix that?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

unpacked robinhood posted:

He doesn't mention what the green screen is for, I assumed it was an integrated facecam minecraft streaming system ?

It's so you can simulate a virtual family and home during twitch broadcasts so the world doesn't find out you're playing videogames in a basement atop a nightmare robo-chair.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Check out this lazy motherfucker. Seemingly unaware that reclining chairs already exist, he's begging the internet for $200 to create a design for one based on a biro sketch (gonna use that kickstarter windfall to purchase a ruler for some straight lines). Though I guess cramming a PC inside it is new, even if it is dumb af. Not sure about the practicality of the power cord coming out the front, bit of a trip hazard.

1 pledge reward, which is a personalised thank you video. if the concept is any indication this will be a crayon scribble on a napkin with "thank you" spelt incorrectly.

I'm thankful he labeled the power cord, green screen and moue pad, but what is that other thing? A framed photo of the family?

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

And he wants $200 for four pieces of wood nailed around a white background. You could probably get the same thing from Ikea for $15.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Madcosby posted:

I'm thankful he labeled the power cord, green screen and moue pad, but what is that other thing? A framed photo of the family?

It looks a bit like a crude cartoon pig holding aloft a trident. Angry Birds shrine?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

http://www.waverlylabs.com/#_features So this popped up on my Facebook feed. Who else wants to be serenaded by the dulcet tones of Google Translate?
Little more info here

quote:

A launch date has not yet been set. In the mean time, Waverly will be launching a pre-order crowdfunding campaign.
As far as I can tell they don't have a working prototype for their universal translator, but that's not going to stop them from letting you preorder the dream. Maybe I'm being skeptical, but if this was as easy as they are making it out to be (release Nov 2016!) wouldn't Google be all over this?

But I'm sure it will work out!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Universal translator is obviously thinking too low for getting people's money. What they should do instead is sell the earpiece and then make you subscribe to the languages you want to be able to use :capitalism:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

And the power cord is exactly where you will always trip over it.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!
The guy already told us he puts his two little sons first in everything he does. Why are you being so hard on him for having one of them do his concept sketch?

evilcat
May 16, 2009

Cramming everything inside it will be easy since according to the drawing the entire chair is six feet across.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

quote:

Have you ever sat at your computer and wished that you could just lean back and relax while your playing that awesome game you are playing? do you enjoy watching movies on your computer but wish that you could just have it all in your chair?

I love that instead of going for the obvious route of "Just get a laptop" which would have comfortably solved all those issues his solution is to build a giant bulky chair that'll take up half the loungeroom and features a screen with minimal positioning options and is smaller than a laptop screen.

Just get a laptop.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Or a steam link or a fuckin long hdmi cable or...

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
HoverBars – Handles for your Hoverboard

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hoverbars/hoverbars?ref=category

quote:

We don't make hoverboards. We make hoverboards safer.

Sure, in a manner which:

a. Makes them way less portable

b. Does fuckall to address the main safety issue with these things (that is, the lithium ion batteries made in the Chinese tradition of "quality control is for losers")

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You're making a loving Segway.

It's just a Segway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

Cockmaster posted:

HoverBars – Handles for your Hoverboard

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hoverbars/hoverbars?ref=category

Sure, in a manner which:

a. Makes them way less portable

b. Does fuckall to address the main safety issue with these things (that is, the lithium ion batteries made in the Chinese tradition of "quality control is for losers")

Why is it I check imdb whenever I see a kickstarter to make sure the developers aren't comedians?