Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I've been asked about it so I figured I would post my p/p daredevil build here.

First make a thief. Now go make it into a daredevil.

Ok still with me? Now you're going to go gear up with whatever stats you want (god dammit you're going to use berserker's aren't you?!?). I personally use Valk for my armor with various AR-stuffed trinkets using power/precision/ferocity/little vitality.

For runes and sigils, well that's really up to you because I honestly forget those things exist 95% of the time and I'm still using traveler's runes from my pre-Dash days. For weapon sets you're going to obviously want two pistols and for the swap I use dagger/pistol to go for stealthy backstabs and sick MLG DPS.

For your actual traits you'll be using the following:

Critical Strikes - Side Strike, Ankle Shots and Hidden Killer
Shadow Arts - Last Refuge, Hidden Thief and Shadow's Rejuvenation
Daredevil - Havoc Mastery, Impacting Disruption and Dash

For your skill bar you're going to bring along Hide in Shadows, Shadowstep, Blinding Powder, Shadow Refuge and Basilisk Venom.

You will be using your evades to not only evade but reduce damage and keep swiftness up while out of combat. Basically you're going to spam Unload most of the time and you're going to kick monster rear end or go for stragglers/runners in WvW. Use Basilisk Venom for the runners and catch them with Shadowstep + swiftness/dashing (and stealth first if you want/need to). You will be using your heal, Blinding Powder and Shadow Refuge for staying in stealth when you need it and your Steal will grant some extra seconds of stealth as well as potentially giving you a stealth item.

Like any thief, it is all about picking your battles and while this is fine for PvE I mostly do WvW with it. You might wish to fiddle around with your weapon swap, runes/sigils or traits (switch Shadow's Rejuvenation for Venomous Aura in WvW if you wanna share Basilisk and ruin someone else's day.)

If you're doing PvE, use Head Shot and Basilisk Venom to help break bars but otherwise just Unload into everything that moves. Pistols on thief are still very much a "1 skill weapon set" for the most part but that skill is quite decent now due to might stacks. The real "issue" will be the 900 range but maybe it'll eventually get a small bump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
my thief pvp build is I shoot people with a pistol to make them worthless and then I stab them to hell in 2 seconds

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Regarding thief pistol: I have been doing dps testing for pistol because why not and unless the enemy has cripple sustained on it (most likely by someone else) you're going to be doing better damage with practiced tolerance* than ankle shot. If the enemy is kept crippled then ankle shot will do slightly more damage, depending on how much you rely on critical hits (for beserker gear results were between 2-4% more damage over practiced tolerance). However PT also helps in the off chance you plan on also using a weapon that isn't a pistol.

So if you don't need the ankle shot 3s cripple on 8s cd (like in pve) you can probably do better with taking PT instead.

*if you have precision as an actual stat

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 19, 2016

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Lonk posted:

I've been asked about it so I figured I would post my p/p daredevil build here.

Gunstalker's working out pretty great. Thanks Lonk!

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Thanks Lonk, I'll have to try this out on my daredevil sometime. I have always gone pistols so it's good to see they don't suck.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Here's a fun Scrapper build I've had success with lately. Very survivable allowing you to defend a point and also brings a lot to team fights for pressuring enemy points.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtbhtoCGpCEqilJjS8ZKgAIc7Smwi+vr7+G-TJBFABq/AAEvMQS7PAwFAAA

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

central posted:

Here's a fun Scrapper build I've had success with lately. Very survivable allowing you to defend a point and also brings a lot to team fights for pressuring enemy points.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtbhtoCGpCEqilJjS8ZKgAIc7Smwi+vr7+G-TJBFABq/AAEvMQS7PAwFAAA

this is a good build that is squarely entering the meta. final salvo is really, really good. it also has a lot of alternatives - you can slot hoelbrak runes, paladin amulet, blood sigil, any combination of these and the current build to exploit synergy works.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Kessel posted:

this is a good build that is squarely entering the meta. final salvo is really, really good. it also has a lot of alternatives - you can slot hoelbrak runes, paladin amulet, blood sigil, any combination of these and the current build to exploit synergy works.

Yeah, final salvo almost feels broken. So much stability.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yo thanks for the build Lonk.

Just need to level my daredevil.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
To further augment p/p DD, try Nomad's.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

nomad water ele never die

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ClHFoWFGg

Generic Octopus posted:

To further augment p/p DD, try Nomad's.

I've considered it. I have a nomad's guardian, a nomad's warrior and a nomad's scrapper atm.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Lonk posted:

I've considered it. I have a nomad's guardian, a nomad's warrior and a nomad's scrapper atm.

Please stop. We care about you, Lonk. We're going to get you the help you need.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Pretty sure he can find a rusty shiv just fine without us.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4k35yk/so_my_computer_caught_on_fire_while_playing_guild/

Yes please just give me this as an aura tia.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 20, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This game is interesting hello

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How's sPvP these days? I kind of miss just messing around in GW2.

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014
I havent catched up on the game in ages. Is legendary armor a thing now?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

hi

Harrow posted:

same old

Zero. posted:

I havent catched up on the game in ages. Is legendary armor a thing now?

no

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Dreggon posted:

hi

same old

no

Hi

I am playing an elementalist and pew pewing through the story

They are much more versitile than I remember in gwone

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Harrow posted:

They've made some small changes, but mostly the same. That is, assuming you already knew about the new-ish game mode that no one plays.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Blasphemeral posted:

They've made some small changes, but mostly the same. That is, assuming you already knew about the new-ish game mode that no one plays.

Yeah, knew about that already. Does everyone still hate the new WvW borderlands, too?

I'm not really at a point where I'm interested in raiding in GW2 but popping in for some casual PvP sounds fun. I think I lost all motivation to play for a while when it started looking like the whole new way of getting legendary precursors was just as grindy, just in a different way, so doing something not PvE is probably good for me.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 20, 2016

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Harrow posted:

Yeah, knew about that already. Does everyone still hate the new WvW borderlands, too?

Oh, not at all. Everyone likes them a lot more now that they've been taken back out.
They also added reward tracks to WvW--though they're hella slow.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Harrow posted:

I'm not really at a point where I'm interested in raiding in GW2 but popping in for some casual PvP sounds fun. I think I lost all motivation to play for a while when it started looking like the whole new way of getting legendary precursors was just as grindy, just in a different way, so doing something not PvE is probably good for me.

I quit for about 4 months and just came back for pvp. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ZenVulgarity posted:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

my spirit animal

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

CLAM DOWN posted:

my spirit animal

I thought I was your spirit animal. :smith:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Don't be silly. Poutine can't type.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

The new outfits from the gemstore are getting really weird.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Oh hey, I have just enough gems on my account to do five tries of that new dye pack! I wonder what I'll end up getting-

:stare:

(Yes I did use it, I'm a whore for dyes.)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Kes help they're not stopping

e:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I did warn you.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
That's gold.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

lucifirius posted:

That's gold.

You can say that only because you weren't there for the earlier bit, where someone apparently got raped and they spent literal hours roleplaying the discussion about the ensuing pregnancy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kessel posted:

You can say that only because you weren't there for the earlier bit, where someone apparently got raped and they spent literal hours roleplaying the discussion about the ensuing pregnancy.

:yikes:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Pfft. The obvious option is to jump off a cliff and rez at a waypoint. It's like they've never rped a rape aftermath before.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Goon Squad exposed as poo poo tier clan, time to wrap it up everyone.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

A clan? Like a cool clucks clan?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Poniard posted:

A clan? Like a cool clucks clan?

Obviously all the kool kids replace c's with k's.... wait poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kessel posted:

I applaud roleplayers. Going where nobody else cares to go.

Unrelated, what would it take to get a group together to go achievement hunting in dungeons?

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 22, 2016

• Locked thread