Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

uncharted 4 multi is really fun

I swear the enemy team keeps getting the +60 points when I kill their team captain, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Mann posted:

It got closed, which is the end state of any thread that allows people to post fanart and Tumblr links en masse.

*tugs collar while side eying the ADTRW chat thread*

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Whoa, I didn't even know Rich and Jack of Red Letter Media had their own channel for games. I'll have to check this out!

They do livestreams in occasion too which is how I found out that Jack has a no poo poo degree from clown college. He is a licensed clown.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A lot of people are loving New Doom which is great, but I've heard about the opening sequence and how awesome it is several times now, and having watched it myself on YouTube just now, I have to say that it's pretty unremarkable, I don't know what every else is seeing

Basically, everyone else is wrong about a thing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

A lot of people are loving New Doom which is great, but I've heard about the opening sequence and how awesome it is several times now, and having watched it myself on YouTube just now, I have to say that it's pretty unremarkable, I don't know what every else is seeing

Basically, everyone else is wrong about a thing

It's all about setting tone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

The Witcher 3's Detective Vision thing is really bringing me down. It's like the 2010s' version of pixel hunting

Check the box that shows the red on your minimap. Makes it way faster to get it over with to just follow the trail on there than hunt for it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whoa, I didn't even know Rich and Jack of Red Letter Media had their own channel for games. I'll have to check this out!

Mostly they do boring hour long stream recordings on their youtube channel with 1 review a month or so. The streams are hard to watch and everytime someone subs you have to hear rich scream so you cant even fall asleep to it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who gives a poo poo which posters you like or dislike

I hate every poster.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

VoidBurger posted:

A brash, blunt lady just like me. Maybe that's why I liked her? :sigh:

You guys tolerate way stupider shitposting (Stux) and way worse genuine opinions (80% of 8-Bit Scholar's posts) than anything I saw Lady Naga post. She didn't really stand out in that regard for me. Then again, I'm newish to these chat threads so maybe I missed some really egregious poo poo, but idk man.

Having actually gamed with Stux in BLOPS 3 (*YCS console gaming joke here, etc.*), it's pretty obvious he trolls just to get a rise out of people; he's an alright dude, otherwise.
Probably a quarter of the posts in the last few CoD threads has been everybody facetiously making GBS threads on everyone else's preferences; whether it be weapon choice, inverted controls, abilities, favorite game in the series, and so on.
But we all know it's just good natured teasing. Hell, not a few of us buy and play these games almost every year, after all.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

codenameFANGIO posted:

I hate every poster.

Be nice.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Check the box that shows the red on your minimap. Makes it way faster to get it over with to just follow the trail on there than hunt for it.

Oh that's really good, thanks!

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Mostly they do boring hour long stream recordings on their youtube channel with 1 review a month or so. The streams are hard to watch and everytime someone subs you have to hear rich scream so you cant even fall asleep to it

I love how RLM shames people who know anything about video games, but will whip out their Star Wars toys in another video while drinking beers. I still love Mike, Jay, and Jack, though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Guy Mann posted:

Aside from their hilarious takedown of The Order: 1886 it's mostly mediocre at best, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0zJ89Fv8c

yeah pretty much. the quantum break one made me role my eyes. not their criticism about the game itself(its meh) but the bitching about story driven third person shooters. I get rich is old school as poo poo. but jesus.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

At least he loves Vanquish.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
He was right actually

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

FactsAreUseless posted:

*in succubus voice from V/H/S* i like you

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mister Macys posted:

Having actually gamed with Stux in BLOPS 3 (*YCS console gaming joke here, etc.*), it's pretty obvious he trolls just to get a rise out of people; he's an alright dude, otherwise.
Probably a quarter of the posts in the last few CoD threads has been everybody facetiously making GBS threads on everyone else's preferences; whether it be weapon choice, inverted controls, abilities, favorite game in the series, and so on.
But we all know it's just good natured teasing. Hell, not a few of us buy and play these games almost every year, after all.

I just wanna say that I really love having a community of SA members on my friends list so I can jump into a BLOPS group and chat and shoot people on the reg. It's something I didn't have before paying the :10bux: and it's been worth every penny and more. I've liked everyone I've grouped with and its been good times all around.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A buddy was telling me about how they were saying that alien isolation was the death of an art form, and that shovel knight sucks and people only like it because it is retro lmao

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want to know if you like me back before I confess my feelings!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
*wipes away a tear* :canada:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

What kind of sick loving joke is this?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PBS Newshour posted:

What kind of sick loving joke is this?

It is this year's bacon celebration. Last year it was called "Baconalia".

e: this year it is called "Red White and Bacon" and is a tie-in to the new Independence Day.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Witcher 3's Detective vision is better if you are playing the game without the HUD (or at least without the minimap). Then it feels like a useful tool. If you already have the search radius on the minimap, then it's dumb, but otherwise I was actually looking for clues.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Snak posted:

Witcher 3's Detective vision is better if you are playing the game without the HUD (or at least without the minimal). Then it feels like a useful tool. If you already have the search radius on the minimap, then it's dumb, but otherwise I was actually looking for clues.

I wish I could be one of those people who could play TW3 without the minimap, but enough quests give vague directions that I think I'd just find it tedious. Some of the quests, to their credit, give great in-world directions, but enough of them don't that it'd sap the fun a bit.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

oh hey, the dessert version of that loving pizza I ate for lunch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is this year's bacon celebration. Last year it was called "Baconalia".

e: this year it is called "Red White and Bacon" and is a tie-in to the new Independence Day.

I feel some irrational anger coming on and I don't know why

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

oh hey, the dessert version of that loving pizza I ate for lunch

that's loving gross too dude

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

FirstAidKite posted:

A buddy was telling me about how they were saying that alien isolation was the death of an art form, and that shovel knight sucks and people only like it because it is retro lmao
This, plus when Rich was such a whiny little poo poo about Firewatch "NOT BEING A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!" (so whiny that he actually walked out on the review out of pure frustration that Jack liked it), I unsubbed. I hate that bullshit so much.

Also Jack had the poo poo opinion that before people play Firewatch, they should go into the options, turn the music for the game off, and take the "You Are Here" map marker off, THEN play the game. He was insisting that like, the devs made a MISTAKE putting those on by default. As if the devs would have LOVED to listen to leagues of people being frustrated that they were lost because the map wasn't acting like a standard videogame map? Stupid loving opinion.

They also streamed Undertale in the most "determined to dislike this" tryhard way possible, voicing all the characters like annoying shits, and giving Papyrus a racist "oh lawd, mammy" southerny-black accent. Things like that piled up.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I wish I could be one of those people who could play TW3 without the minimap, but enough quests give vague directions that I think I'd just find it tedious. Some of the quests, to their credit, give great in-world directions, but enough of them don't that it'd sap the fun a bit.

Yeah, I ended up using the main map slightly more, but I also learned my way around the world pretty well. You do a lot less cutting across country in a beeline for you objectives and a lot more looking at what roads get you where you're going.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

corn in the bible posted:

that's loving gross too dude

It made me queasy, my friend and I didn't know it had aioli on the pizza until after we ordered it!!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VoidBurger posted:

and giving Papyrus a racist "oh lawd, mammy" southerny-black accent.

Well rich is racist so that's not really surprising

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

who puts fancy mayo on a pizzaa

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

setafd posted:

uncharted 4 multi is really fun

I swear the enemy team keeps getting the +60 points when I kill their team captain, though

Agreed about it being fun. Playing on the regular with goons has been an enjoyable time whether it's pub stomping or going up against tough organized teams. It's not as polished as blops but the verticality and rope stuff is a nice change up from time to time.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

who puts fancy mayo on a pizzaa

http://mellowmushroom.com/

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

FirstAidKite posted:

Well rich is racist so that's not really surprising
Jack was doing it! I thought he was the good one! :(

I just want Jack and Jay to be a duo. They're seem sweet and aren't as immature/racist/sexist/gross/outright mean as Rich/Mike, but I feel like they go along with/are encouraged by Rich/Mike to be edgy and annoying. It pays off in their social circle to allow it/play along when I feel like their hearts aren't really in it earnestly. :(

I feel like Red Letter Media jumped the shark for me when Jessie suddenly vanished. Mike has since seemed a lot more bitter/edgy (which naturally spread to the rest of the cast because he's the leader pretty much) and it's made me suspect that they broke up IRL and she was the one encouraging him a decent person, which is a lovely thing to think but here I am.

//analyzing peoples online personas like I know poo poo about what they're really like IRL oops

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if its not called Roma's or Luigi's or some other name like that i don't order pizza from them. also if a pizza place has a website its probably bad.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

VoidBurger posted:

Jack...[not] as immature/gross/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally caved and bought an Xbox One controller with the wireless dongle for my PC. It is super good. I'd heard the bumpers were improved last year and hoo boy do they feel good compared to the older models I've tried in the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

ID Software might be making a Quake reboot. :eyepop: The first game I hope, not Quake 2, I didn't like that setting nearly as much.

What we agreed in the doom thread was that the ideal situation would be basing it on Quake 1, but having the strogg from Quake 2 as the "techbase" world/episode. So you get both.

drat this is making me hungry

• Locked thread