Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I applied to RVCMF with an alt so I can get back to my roots with chill people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
you are on the right path to nirvana

namaste

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Went on a daytrip down to Syndicate for exploration as my other income streams are kind of defunct at the moment. I really think CCP needs to somehow buff data sites because relic sites give so much better loot in the cans than data sites

Rhadimanthius64
Apr 11, 2014

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Jazzzzz posted:

Tried my first burner mission tonight, lost my first burner frigate. Tried the inexpensive Angel Burner fit from one of the guides posted in here, got unlucky with a reload and ended up burning out my launchers trying to break back through the little bastard's tank. Might have been OK if I hadn't gone full :downs: and forgotten to put nanite paste in my cargo hold. The extra 200mm AC to fill out the highs was mostly for looks, I don't think it ever landed a shot even with all 3 webs.

code:
Tactics: sit still and web/nos/shoot the NPC while running your tank. Heat your launchers when the enemy is at around 25% shields.

The tactics says to sit still, but you're fighting an Angel ship which is going to use Autocannons. If you sit still, they'll get 100% of their damage applied to you because of those AC's. Since you say you're relying on missiles, why not orbit the target at a very close range while webbing and applying your NOS?

That way you won't lose so much tank as quick, even if 10% of their damage could not be applied, you'd live longer to apply yours better.
I may not be understanding the tactic, but it seems to defy common sense.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rhadimanthius64 posted:

The tactics says to sit still, but you're fighting an Angel ship which is going to use Autocannons. If you sit still, they'll get 100% of their damage applied to you because of those AC's. Since you say you're relying on missiles, why not orbit the target at a very close range while webbing and applying your NOS?

That way you won't lose so much tank as quick, even if 10% of their damage could not be applied, you'd live longer to apply yours better.
I may not be understanding the tactic, but it seems to defy common sense.

That was my thought too (the burner actually uses mjolnir lights or rockets with minor damage from Fusion AC - it's called out in the mission description, but sitting still didn't make much sense either way). Also I found my AC to be totally useless and might have swapped it for a nos

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Went on a daytrip down to Syndicate for exploration as my other income streams are kind of defunct at the moment. I really think CCP needs to somehow buff data sites because relic sites give so much better loot in the cans than data sites

Yeah, I don't really know what else you could do to make Data sites useful other than just a straight buff.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, I don't really know what else you could do to make Data sites useful other than just a straight buff.

Add building materials required to build meta modules? ccp were talking about making them all constructable eventually so that might be a way to do it

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Unfunny Poster posted:

by buff I mean have them drop poo poo that's not complete garbage. Even the shittiest relic site can crap out some decent orange drops. A crappy data site can drop carbon and those spare parts that are worth practically nothing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
To reiterate for anyone thinking of coming to this thread and being a nuisance in place of the other: it will result in a ban.

Thank you kindly,
VG

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Praise VideoGames, beacon of light for the wayward souls that still play spaceship games of a questionable quality.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Is Eonwe dead in a ditch somewhere?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

posting in the much better overwatch thread

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

by buff I mean have them drop poo poo that's not complete garbage. Even the shittiest relic site can crap out some decent orange drops. A crappy data site can drop carbon and those spare parts that are worth practically nothing

Yeah I got what you meant. I just don't really know what they could put into data sites that are useful and would make them worth the effort.

VideoGames posted:

To reiterate for anyone thinking of coming to this thread and being a nuisance in place of the other: it will result in a ban.

Thank you kindly,
VG

This is good.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I got what you meant. I just don't really know what they could put into data sites that are useful and would make them worth the effort.

They could make them drop way more decryptors and datacores and also have them take less volume; I'm still not sure why datacores are like ten times bigger than salvage. It'd depress the market, sure, but when you're doing T2 you pretty much need decryptors for certain item types.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Good Dumplings posted:

They could make them drop way more decryptors and datacores and also have them take less volume; I'm still not sure why datacores are like ten times bigger than salvage. It'd depress the market, sure, but when you're doing T2 you pretty much need decryptors for certain item types.

The funny thing is this IS CCP's fixed loot table. It seems like they really didn't go far enough.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

The funny thing is this IS CCP's fixed loot table. It seems like they really didn't go far enough.

It's because they thought that adding the components for cosmos missions would be enough, not realizing that except in a few cases most cosmos items are terrible and seldom used

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What's the max tank a Levi gets these days?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Despera posted:

What's the max tank a Levi gets these days?

I guess it'd be something like this on a cheap fit:

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Thank you kindly,
VG

Thank you VG.

CashEnsign posted:

Is Eonwe dead in a ditch somewhere?

:eonwe: I hope not :eonwe:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
He is not

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I'm not feeling good but am looking forward to coming home soon and logging on tonight. My best friend is quitting and I'm not sure what do do now so it's good that VG herded us all to this thread since I'd like to chill and post and am sort of bummed about the whole thing.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

The problem with exploration post patch is that it has unpredictable payouts. Got a capital ASB bpc drop? Cool 1B. Got a medium AAR drop? Hooray for 5M.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

ullerrm posted:

The problem with exploration post patch is that it has unpredictable payouts. Got a capital ASB bpc drop? Cool 1B. Got a medium AAR drop? Hooray for 5M.

I got a rock :(

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Why is carbon considered a data payout anyway I mean really

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Poor Charlie Brown.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ullerrm posted:

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not everything needs to have a narrow, optimized distribution curve, and some players may like the lottery-style distribution, particularly if the occasional payout is high. It won't be for everyone, of course.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not everything needs to have a narrow, optimized distribution curve, and some players may like the lottery-style distribution, particularly if the occasional payout is high. It won't be for everyone, of course.

I've never seen a capital mod bpc drop but have seen plenty of Ancilary Whatever Boosters, so yeah I'm loving this fart-like distribution.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I don't know if it's goons, but the guys enforcing the New Halaima Code of Conduct are amazing. You're doing god's work, keep it up.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
come play the loot lottery in runescape with me instead

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Jcam posted:

I don't know if it's goons, but the guys enforcing the New Halaima Code of Conduct are amazing. You're doing god's work, keep it up.

CODE is not goons to my knowledge, but I might be wrong as I'm still in noob corps. Apparently the goon highsec ganking group is Miniluv but it seems like they mostly focus on taking advantage of stupid freighter pilots

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

That may make it very popular. Inconsistent payouts leads to compulsive behaviour.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

CODE is not goons to my knowledge, but I might be wrong as I'm still in noob corps. Apparently the goon highsec ganking group is Miniluv but it seems like they mostly focus on taking advantage of stupid freighter pilots

Code is not us but they collaborate with the Ministry of Love to spread plasma joy in highsec.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Maneck posted:

Code is not us but they collaborate with the Ministry of Love to spread plasma joy in highsec.

and more recently topedoes delivery

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

loyalanon did nothing wrong

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

speedtanking the gurmistas menace while eating rocks is good

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Ynglaur posted:

It leads to asymptotic player behavior. We saw the same thing with the recent Serpentis event -- 99.9% of sites dropped a serpentis shirt and a quafe zero, but some of them dropped officer mods or PLEX. So you had some people obsessively running them all in pursuit of the rare drops... but most people ran them once or twice, got garbage, went "well this is worthless," and stopped doing them.

Raise the DC offset, lower the AC amplitude, and you'll get far more consistent player behavior.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

ullerrm posted:

It leads to asymptotic player behavior. We saw the same thing with the recent Serpentis event -- 99.9% of sites dropped a serpentis shirt and a quafe zero, but some of them dropped officer mods or PLEX. So you had some people obsessively running them all in pursuit of the rare drops... but most people ran them once or twice, got garbage, went "well this is worthless," and stopped doing them.

Raise the DC offset, lower the AC amplitude, and you'll get far more consistent player behavior.

If I were the one designing that event I would've had officer loot of varying quality being the baseline reward with the rare payout of a PLEX, that would've put some asses in seats.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I'm seriously not trying to be a dick, but I haven't really paid attention to Eve since the current war started. I took a look at a sov map and it seems like Imperium got hosed up pretty badly. Is that a decent summary of what happened or are things not quite as dire as they seem?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

The Glumslinger posted:

So I'm seriously not trying to be a dick, but I haven't really paid attention to Eve since the current war started. I took a look at a sov map and it seems like Imperium got hosed up pretty badly. Is that a decent summary of what happened or are things not quite as dire as they seem?

They're fairly dire. I think Imperium has lost all its sov now or is down to 1-2 systems and they are changing hands. Basing out of Saranen (low sec), fighting PL/Campers daily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

pseudanonymous posted:

They're fairly dire. I think Imperium has lost all its sov now or is down to 1-2 systems and they are changing hands. Basing out of Saranen (low sec), fighting PL/Campers daily.

Thanks for the quick update :)

So, if its far enough out for a post-mortem, did things go bad because people weren't as invested in it as the past or was it just an insanely huge coalition, that was better organized that previous ones? I remember I played for a bit at the end of the Fountain war, and it felt like we were just so much better organized than everyone and were able to just put out massive fleets for for ops.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 22, 2016

• Locked thread