Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
fuuuuuuuuuuuck

i should've equipped the franklin badge on paula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
now i'm in a bad mood

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Kusopigga

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

brainwrinkle posted:

I finished Kyousougiga, but I think I didn't really understand it. It was difficult to care about characters besides Koto, and most of the events felt pretty disconnected. It had some good themes and cool scenes at least. The dramatic aspects fell flat for me because nearly all of the characters were arbitrary assholes for reasons I couldn't discern, and their redemption likewise felt forced.

what the gently caress?!

i cannot stand for this individual opinion, not in my current mood of frustration caused by sucking at an easy snes rpg

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

i should've equipped the franklin badge on paula

It might suck early on to have her die to a stray thunder attack but if you keep it on Ness you won't regret it later on

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man I was only at work for 8 hours today, so why am I so lacking in motivation to do anything?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

Man I was only at work for 8 hours today, so why am I so lacking in motivation to do anything?

Welcome to being 30

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blhue posted:

Welcome to being 30

I don't think I much care for it.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Space Flower posted:

read more grand blues

I meant to do it now that they've got in-game english translations. They're good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
honestly though, the reason those characters act like assholes is pretty clearly spelled out, i thought

one of them is super clingy to her memories of her mother and is willing to take any chance she has to bring her back, one of them is angry because he's spent all of his life in one place and he wants to take any opportunity he can to find a way to leave and see the rest of the world, and one of them has godlike powers and doesn't see any meaning in his own continued existence

those are the three people who do notably assy things, and they aren't so much morally redeemed in the story as they are just forgiven by koto. the third one isn't even really forgiven as much as he is punched by koto into not making a really stupid, selfish decision that will hurt the people around him. they aren't people with actively malevolent intentions, they just have personal goals that they end up placing in a gamble on koto's life. it's selfish of them, and yase actually raises concerns when their plan seems like it might not actually work, the only reason it's all ultimately waived away is because it did work out as they hoped.

outside of those three, nobody was really that much of an rear end in a top hat, unless you're also counting the chief priest, who pretty clearly was just a guy who was trying to be strict in following what he's been taught to do his whole life, and still accepted things in the end

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the only good character was the oni ojousama

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I took an hour and a half nap.

10/10 recommend.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Davincie posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yase is very cool

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Davincie posted:

davincie i'm going to gently caress you (up)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXjIy0XQGi4
Animation Theme Musics by Military Bands

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
he's right

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFPjZcUHnE4

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

neato!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

neat

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm glad the artist didn't forget the most important Persona protagonist.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I played video games last night instead of catching up on kuromukuro so I'm doing that now. this is a good show

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

It's a cool spotlight

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I understand why the characters are they way they are, but they are so selfish that I can't help but dislike them in a way that pulls me out of the story. I don't understand why events happened the way they did. What is even at stake is kept hidden until the last episode. The setting is too obfuscated for me to care as it is destroyed. What would that even mean?

I feel like the characters and setting are actively working against the themes of forgiveness and family unity. Kurama and Yasu are just kind of dropped by the wayside once the father reappears. I think I would have liked the story much more if it were more grounded and the characters had problems I could understand.

The art and animation are really neat and kept me invested, but overall I was disappointed.

Thanks for trying to explain it though. I wish I could see what people loved about it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
rip, cute alien dude

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sky High and Fire Emblem are my favorite heroes in Tiger and Bunny. Tiger easily had the best casual clothes, though. He may have been questionably competent, but he had style.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Sky High and Fire Emblem are my favorite heroes in Tiger and Bunny. Tiger easily had the best casual clothes, though. He may have been questionably competent, but he had style.

Awww yeah. He's a super comfy cosplay, too.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

where's my sequel to long live the queen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fans of yuri and classical literature alike can't go wrong with this purchase.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i unlocked an equip in akiba's trip that makes me walk like a girl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

This is a really cute doujin.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"no mercy, no discrimination" works better in the NA version since they got the artist to add male stripped CGs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i gotta say, my extreme frustration with this game's died down a lot. combat's pretty decent on casual once you get over the initial bump of fights with people who can absolutely loving wreck your poo poo, now i'm just having a good time beating people up while wearing ridiculous outfits and doing dumb sidequests

Motto posted:

"no mercy, no discrimination" works better in the NA version since they got the artist to add male stripped CGs

whoa, that's only a thing in the localized release? i love xseed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My mouth tastes like blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I took an hour and a half nap.

10/10 recommend.

The best naps are when you somehow fall asleep for only 30-45 minutes, but have a full, lenghty vivid dream. Like, you brain is processing the dream and events fasyer than it could in real life, do it's like you watched an
90 minute movie in that timeframe. Had that happen a few days ago, and it was awesome.

• Locked thread