Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DJ Dizzy posted:

All armies apart from SM are being squatted due to them taking sales from space marines.

That's what 30k is for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah they've changed them from D6 cubes into a more rounder storage box now. At least for some dice that the FLGS bought in from GW as tournament prices.
Referring to these: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Citadel-Dice-Grey
Strange that they say they're for 40k but they lack the scatter dice.

Why a storage box? Just use a dice bag.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Does anyone know if Deathwatch marines have a specific color the aquila on their armor is supposed to be?
I've seen it as both silver and gold in official materials, and I'm wondering if there's a fluff reason because I like to stick to that poo poo.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The boxed game Eavy Metal models appear to have the aquiala varying between them. Maybe based off their home chapter's armour.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Pay me shipping cost for any of these and they're yours (they're heavy, bear that in mind). Nothing wrong with them, but I'm decluttering my living space and the damned things are, again, heavy:

2008 Imperial Guard
2001 Tyranids
2009 Tyranids
2008 Imperial Guard
2005 Tau Empire
2006 Eldar (three copies because people are insane)
2007 Chaos Demons (two copies, mine and a friend's)
2008 Space Marines
2002 Necrons
2007 Orks
2007 Chaos Space Marines
APOCALYPSE
APOCALYPSE: Reload

There's at least one person that can vouch that I'm not an rear end in a top hat, was it Buffalo Chicken with the crazy cool Eldar jetbikes? I sent him a bit for free.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Could you elaborate a bit on the Orks, goonsir? If you want me to PM you instead I can do that too.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

The boxed game Eavy Metal models appear to have the aquiala varying between them. Maybe based off their home chapter's armour.

Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards too.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

Post 9-11 User posted:

Pay me shipping cost for any of these and they're yours (they're heavy, bear that in mind). Nothing wrong with them, but I'm decluttering my living space and the damned things are, again, heavy:

There's at least one person that can vouch that I'm not an rear end in a top hat, was it Buffalo Chicken with the crazy cool Eldar jetbikes? I sent him a bit for free.

Is this one available?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They still put the loving symbols on the ones

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Post 9-11 User posted:

2008 Imperial Guard
2001 Tyranids
2009 Tyranids
2008 Imperial Guard
2005 Tau Empire
2008 Space Marines
2002 Necrons
2007 Orks
2007 Chaos Space Marines
APOCALYPSE

Apocalypse: Reload and Necrons; maybe Apocalypse.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah they've changed them from D6 cubes into a more rounder storage box now. At least for some dice that the FLGS bought in from GW as tournament prices.
Referring to these: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Citadel-Dice-Grey
Strange that they say they're for 40k but they lack the scatter dice.

AHAAHAHAHAHA that is so loving GW it hurts.

They made a dice cube. Which is not a cube and doesn't hold a number of dice you can actually MAKE a cube of dice with.

But still called it a dice cube.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's also got skulls. The most GW product.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

AHAAHAHAHAHA that is so loving GW it hurts.

Hixson posted:

But..why? That is so GW it hurts.

Great shitposters shitpost alike

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

a GW executive read that article about how removing a single olive from the salads of that one airliner in the 80's saved the company millions and started making some calls

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Post 9-11 User posted:

2008 Imperial Guard
2001 Tyranids
2009 Tyranids
2008 Imperial Guard
2005 Tau Empire
2008 Space Marines
2002 Necrons
2007 Orks
2007 Chaos Space Marines
APOCALYPSE

What's the shipping cost? I don't have PMs, but can be reached at herp derp spamcatcher AT gmail, no spaces.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Post 9-11 User posted:

2008 Imperial Guard
2001 Tyranids
2009 Tyranids
2008 Imperial Guard
2005 Tau Empire
2008 Space Marines
2002 Necrons
2007 Orks
2007 Chaos Space Marines
APOCALYPSE

I'll vouch for P911U. He's a cool guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
ManI wish this stuff was cheaper or that I had more money.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

MonsterEnvy posted:

ManI wish this stuff was cheaper or that I had more money.

If you honestly want to pick it up there's tons of deals on eBay/craigslist from people ragequitting from time to time. It takes patience but you can seriously get stuff for somewhere between 50-90% off retail depending on how bad they want it gone.

It is definitely an expensive hobby relative to, say, playing basketball, but there are plenty of other hobbies that give it a run for its money. I've pretty much funded my tiny spacemen off no longer buying video games.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

I dunno, I had to do something, and these guys aren't as dynamic as the new kit...

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The guy on the far right looks so despondent.

*sigh* "My guns are... so big... and I'm not..."

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

It's been a year or so, and I realize I dropped off the face of the planet, but is anyone still interested in a bunch of 2nd edition 'Nids?

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Kilo147 posted:

It's been a year or so, and I realize I dropped off the face of the planet, but is anyone still interested in a bunch of 2nd edition 'Nids?

Not uninterested?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Nichol posted:

Not uninterested?

I've got like 15-17,000 points. I'm keeping about 2k of that. PM me or email me. Kilo147@live.com

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You getting any healthier dude?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
If anyone wants the remaining stack of books that haven't been claimed, (Orks, Necrons, Apoc 1 and 2 are claimed) it's $13.45 for a medium Flat Rate box in the United States (lower 48, probably). I'm going to get the platinum upgrade for my account so y'all can PM me the details (since I'm not giving out my Steam ID).

Try to stay on top of me, I'm going to wait at least another day or two for requests the\ I'll calculate shipping fees and send the stuff out. Remember, yer gettin' the books free but I ain't paying for shipping. Apocalypse is easily the largest and heaviest (at least I'm not offering the 7th edition rulebook, even though I have a digital version).
https://www.usps.com/ship/welcome.htm

manchego posted:

Could you elaborate a bit on the Orks, goonsir? If you want me to PM you instead I can do that too.

I forget which edition is which, this Orks Codex is by Phil Kelly and has the Blood Axe warboss on the cover. Maybe it's the most modern one? :shrug:

mongol posted:

Is this one available? [Apocalypse: Reload]

You got it.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Apocalypse: Reload and Necrons; maybe Apocalypse.

Reload was claimed by Mongol, you can have the other two.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

What's the shipping cost? I don't have PMs, but can be reached at herp derp spamcatcher AT gmail, no spaces.

Depends on what you want that hasn't been claimed, see above and: https://www.usps.com/ship/welcome.htm

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'll vouch for P911U. He's a cool guy.

Oh yeah, you're the one with the :krad: Eldar bikes! Cool? Filthy lies. Honest? Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDkyzOL3EIw

These guys are pretty okay, Matt is boring and a terrible player but usually understands the rules. So, if you want to see how the new dogfight rules work out, peep it (I certainly as hell won't, since I'm already far behind the rules as is).

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 23, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
They put loving bolters on shipping containers.

This is grimdark as hell, it's just missing skulls.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:laffo: at the cathedral containers with bolters on them. jfc GW.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
You know what, gently caress it, we're in the era of DLC and endless expansions. I want Imperial city landscape sets that include:
1) Rubbish bins with servo skulls
2) Mail boxes (inside is an incinerator)
3) Skull dumptrucks
4) Street signs with burning braziers

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

Mango Polo posted:

They put loving bolters on shipping containers.

I'm gonna make the truck that these fit on. It will work with my supply line/royal engineer guard.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TTerrible posted:

:laffo: at the cathedral containers with bolters on them. jfc GW.

FYI it even has special rules.

To be honest I really like it, sans the inane bolters. I'd totally pick a set or two of these for my Zone Mortalis board.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Thing is, that's only on ebay UK, some random dude in Nottingham. I will laugh so hard if that's a fake/scammer somehow.

Also, Spikey Bits posted a leak about plastic Imperial Sector type bases:

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Mango Polo posted:

I can see skulls

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I can't hate those containers, sticking Storm Bolters atop of them is so aggressively 40k it makes me smile.

Surprised it took this long for GW to bring out a line of molded bases tbh, I see those Dragonforge ones everywhere.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

krushgroove posted:

Thing is, that's only on ebay UK, some random dude in Nottingham. I will laugh so hard if that's a fake/scammer somehow.

Wow, maybe its pre-production or a deadend product they never released. I bet eBay gets a talking to from GW.

I wouldn't mind the design if it lost the bolters and the rows of churchy vents on the side. More necromunda less cathedral.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

krushgroove posted:

I'm willing to believe it because FW folks have talked about shipping containers and the woes of making them in resin at an affordable price.

If these really are 20£ for three plus all the drums and crates it's great.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Huh, 60 bases in total for one box is not that bad to be honest. Although I guess the final judgement would be what the price label would be.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I guess the bolters on the bottom one have already been crushed by a dockworker.

I also love that it is implied that the bottom container was shipping a single Space Marine. What is this, World in Conflict with its Soviet Container ship army? (And now I need to play that awesome game again)

Edit:do those containers actually have hatches to access the storm bolters from inside the container? That is so awesome. I now need to make a 40k model railroad container train with each container having two marines manning the bolter, but unable to get back inside rhino style.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 23, 2016

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Mango Polo posted:

I'm willing to believe it because FW folks have talked about shipping containers and the woes of making them in resin at an affordable price.

If these really are 20£ for three plus all the drums and crates it's great.

I was just having a WhatsApp chat with my 40K friends and one of them remembered the comment I got from FW's Tony C about the containers, we were walking out of the WHW museum and I was saying to no one in particular 'why aren't these FW containers being sold' and Tony was right there and said 'yeah we've had lots of people saying that, we should make them'

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

krushgroove posted:

I was just having a WhatsApp chat with my 40K friends and one of them remembered the comment I got from FW's Tony C about the containers, we were walking out of the WHW museum and I was saying to no one in particular 'why aren't these FW containers being sold' and Tony was right there and said 'yeah we've had lots of people saying that, we should make them'

At the Weekender they mentioned that the containers would eventually back, they just had to figure out how to deal with the resin issue and resultant cost. I hope they don't end up at some ridiculous price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Played a game this weekend of my Chaos against my friend who I just got into 40k (sorry dude) 's skitarii force, he ended up wiping the floor with me because he caught two squads of marines tightly packed after one of them disembarked my rhino and rolled direct hit on a blast template from his Onager, caught every one of those suckers and took out 8 marines in a single blast. :rip: From there it was a major uphill battle and he had me.

Mango Polo posted:

FYI it even has special rules.

To be honest I really like it, sans the inane bolters. I'd totally pick a set or two of these for my Zone Mortalis board.

Yeah I also think these are rad, although lol at those bolters. I'd love to grab a box though, just cut the bolters off and you've got some pretty cool industrial terrain blocks.

• Locked thread