Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Henchman of Santa posted:

gently caress you for trying to encourage me, Mom! Just let me wallow in despair you bitch!

The adults are just being nice because what they really mean is, "We don't believe that you've put any effort into trying at all, so we're giving you half-hearted encouragement because actually getting real with you triggers horrible pouting. Where's my drink?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

horsepeen posted:

is this more accurate?

:eyepop:

Perfect!

horsepeen
Sep 21, 2010

Christian Financial Adviser

EvilGenius posted:

First panel, the guy should have his cock out.

Thought about it, but I just assumed he was already touching himself through his pocket.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

horsepeen posted:

is this more accurate?

Lmao

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Remember that whiny rear end in a top hat who complained about a kid getting Best Costume at a Harry Potter release event? They have a friend:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Don't try to hit on hot women at work if you're a ginger guy with a gropey hand who's as wide as a shed, seems like pretty good advice

Noted :saddowns:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Don't hit on people at work, full stop.

Seriously there's a hundred trillion other sources of strange that won't gently caress with your livelihood.

Owlbear Camus has a new favorite as of 23:12 on May 21, 2016

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
A retarded child in a Trump hat shouting "YOU'RE FIRED" is today's GOP defined

Scratch Monkey has a new favorite as of 00:27 on May 22, 2016

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Alternatively, both my brothers, one of my cousins, AND my dad met their respective sig others at their work.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Alternatively, both my brothers, one of my cousins, AND my dad met their respective sig others at their work.

Sorry that you come from a creepy family :(

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Three guesses as to the race and gender of this person:

I wanted to educate, but every comment so far was "FINALLY someone said it! Ugh I'm so tired of whiny libtards ruining everything!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Probably better in the Dark Englightment thread, but a friend of a friend had the nerve to criticize VoxDay and was also guilty of being a woman with an opinion.

https://storify.com/NatalieZed/one-vox-day

I like this guy
https://twitter.com/PrisonerNo24601/status/731630581860028416?ref_src=twsrc

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

twistedmentat posted:

Probably better in the Dark Englightment thread, but a friend of a friend had the nerve to criticize VoxDay and was also guilty of being a woman with an opinion.

https://storify.com/NatalieZed/one-vox-day

I like this guy
https://twitter.com/PrisonerNo24601/status/731630581860028416?ref_src=twsrc

Hah, Señor Teddybeale's followers are so predictable.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I wonder how it feels to take every instance of even the slightest inclination towards equality, and obvious hyperbolic jokes, as being offenses against their existence like this.

I can only picture these guys as like, children's cartoon show villains. And not even stuff like COBRA or the Decepticons, I'm talking Care Bears-level poo poo where the bad guy's greatest weakness is kindness and they withdraw screeching from sunlight and happiness.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Cleretic posted:

I wonder how it feels to take every instance of even the slightest inclination towards equality, and obvious hyperbolic jokes, as being offenses against their existence like this.

I can only picture these guys as like, children's cartoon show villains. And not even stuff like COBRA or the Decepticons, I'm talking Care Bears-level poo poo where the bad guy's greatest weakness is kindness and they withdraw screeching from sunlight and happiness.

I really have to wonder what it is about doughy male gamer types these days that make them so hyper aggressively thin skinned. For all the whining and posturing they make about being "silenced", they are utterly livid when anyone suggests anything that doesn't mesh with their idea of what to do with their hobby.

It was bad and then suddenly it was way way worse.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cleretic posted:

I love when they rant about things like video games and comics being "ruined" by women too. Because you know, it's not like some of the best comics have been written or drawn by women, or that women have worked in game development for as long as anyone else. Or that women have been consuming these things as long as they have inoffensively. Suddenly it's ruined because people are starting to get tired of all the lovely nerds online making lame rape jokes and being complete creeps. :shrug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Nobody has a nose

How do they smell?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Busket Posket posted:

Three guesses as to the race and gender of this person:

I wanted to educate, but every comment so far was "FINALLY someone said it! Ugh I'm so tired of whiny libtards ruining everything!"

White male, early 20s, smells of unwashed neckbeard. Tips his fedora on the free space.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Who What Now posted:

Sorry that you come from a creepy family :(

:(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nuebot posted:

I love when they rant about things like video games and comics being "ruined" by women too. Because you know, it's not like some of the best comics have been written or drawn by women, or that women have worked in game development for as long as anyone else. Or that women have been consuming these things as long as they have inoffensively. Suddenly it's ruined because people are starting to get tired of all the lovely nerds online making lame rape jokes and being complete creeps. :shrug:

Things have gone from 100% for them, to 99% for them, and the loss of that has just incensed them. Women are there to produce content in silence and out of the way. the instantly they started to actually become visible they took it on an assault on the very fabric of the things they like. Like how has comics, video games, tabletop or ccgs been destroyed by women enjoying then and being involved with their creation or just enjoying them.

Though I honestly would love them to just once point out something that has been taken away from them because of women. Slightly changing Tracers pose in Overwatch does not count.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I love this sort of thing because it smacks of the sort of hubris that if you just have the ideas and approach networks, well then you'll be able to make it happen!

It's not like they have entire goddamned closed room meetings about this poo poo and people who are assigned to come up with it. No, no, you and your little idea you farted out with your friends, is surely something they NEVER THOUGHT OF before, and all you need to do is let them know and surely, success is on the way!

My neighbors daughter is acting in something that 'could totally get put on Bravo, we think!' but it's really just some dumb kids putting on superhero costumes and then they will be awkwardly pushing it on people who don't really want it. I feel super bad but I hope at least something comes out of the experience for her, some connections or something.

Seriously, how do people think TV gets made?

I love how the ideas totally ignore the "entertainment" part of television.
Here's my show: Dude sitting on a streetcorner
Here's my show: Dude sitting in a room. But it's not just a room, it's the most empty, boring room imaginable!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Nuebot posted:

FEMINAZIS STOLE MY ICE CREAM
I AM LAID LOW BY THE MATRIARCHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZmFCs-ltY

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Filthy Haiku posted:

I really have to wonder what it is about doughy male gamer types these days that make them so hyper aggressively thin skinned. For all the whining and posturing they make about being "silenced", they are utterly livid when anyone suggests anything that doesn't mesh with their idea of what to do with their hobby.

Probably a combo of untreated mental issues and never being taught coping skills. They suck at playing with the other kids and/or have some underlying emotional issues, so they end up retreating into escapist fantasy media to make themselves feel better.

Then suddenly these women/other races/gay people start coming in and saying that the one thing they like in life is bad, and now it's harder to enjoy wobbly DoA tits or whatever without that niggling doubt of "wait, is this bad? Should I stop this?" Suddenly, the one escape from a poo poo life is tainted. (It's not that they necessarily have bad lives, just that they probably have mental issues that make them incapable of understanding that their lives are not poo poo.)

Of course, it's fairly simple to learn to deal with "yeah, parts of this suck, but I still like this other stuff," or even "yeah, this thing is bad, and I get that, but I still enjoy it," if you know how to cope with problems. A lot of these guys have been taught to just suppress their emotions or to get mad instead of figuring out a healthy solution.

So you get whiny babies who don't know how to deal with reality or ambivalence, and decide they need to destroy the thing disrupting their comfoy bubble.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Filthy Haiku posted:

A vast majority of them are the loner nerds in school who got bullied/ostracized for being loner nerds, which set off a vicious cycle of retreating from social interactions, which made them worse at it, which made them easier to ostracize, which..,etc. So they gave up on the whole thing and formed new communities on the internet with other loner nerds. Then the internet/videogaming/etc got big and popular enough that societal norms are starting to be imposed, which comes off to them like their old schoolyard enemies are attacking them again. With an extra-thick (and crusty) layer of sexual frustration now, since they'd already fallen off the emotional development wagon by the time serious relationships would've happened.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Warmachine posted:

White male, early 20s, smells of unwashed neckbeard. Tips his fedora on the free space.

Close! White male, early 30s, evangelical atheist whose favorite hat is a black pinstriped fedora with metal rings 'pierced' through the rim.

He's posted the "white atheist men are the most oppressed people in America" thing before, but I don't want to dig to find it. Too bad his people have been so poorly treated, and their proud White Culture so disrespected.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

How do they smell?

Badly

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Busket Posket posted:

black pinstriped fedora with metal rings 'pierced' through the rim.

:shlick:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
drat, the post got deleted before I could screen cap it.

Anyways, some MRA shithead was complaining about Scarlet Witch not having her original costume in the movies because "Marvel is just making these to appeal to SJW nitwits" and when people were mocking him and yelling at him he is all "See, you're all angry at my truth bomb, so therefor my opinion is the right one". Because when someone is angry they're automatically wrong, and smug and calm means you automatically win.

I see that a lot really, people saying horrible bigoted poo poo acting like they are operating from calm logic and intelligence, while the emotional animals are just frothing at the mouth, but you see my ironclad logic of "most people in jail are black, so therefor blacks are more prone to be criminals" must be true. Oh look there you are yelling racist at me, but who's using facts here? "tips fedora, swirls untouched cheap bourbon in a glass and chomps on unlit cigar/vape rig that looks like a sonic screwdriver"

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

twistedmentat posted:

I see that a lot really, people saying horrible bigoted poo poo acting like they are operating from calm logic and intelligence, while the emotional animals are just frothing at the mouth, but you see my ironclad logic of "most people in jail are black, so therefor blacks are more prone to be criminals" must be true. Oh look there you are yelling racist at me, but who's using facts here? "tips fedora, swirls untouched cheap bourbon in a glass and chomps on unlit cigar/vape rig that looks like a sonic screwdriver"
I simultaneously love and hate that kind of "arguing."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

VoidBurger posted:

I simultaneously love and hate that kind of "arguing."

Yep, that exact cartoon was my response to his post. I love it too, because it's so loving perfect for these guys. "i'm logical like a Vulcan or Sheldon, so therefor I'm correct" is exactly what they want to be seen as.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When you think about it, someone who's only seen the movies and not read any all of the comics claiming to be a big X-Men fan is pretty much the same thing as black-face.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, that exact cartoon was my response to his post. I love it too, because it's so loving perfect for these guys. "i'm logical like a Vulcan or Sheldon, so therefor I'm correct" is exactly what they want to be seen as.

I don't think any of them would want to be compared to Sheldon, since they likely call the Big Bang Theory "nerd blackface" unironically.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Filthy Haiku posted:

Ironically this closed mindedness is what will ultimately kill any art form. I saw a trailer for some XBox One game on Twitter the other day that was essentially just guns and bullet time. The Matrix came out 17 years ago and because there's a subset of nerds who haven't moved on in all that time, we get millions spent on this garbage in a medium that's poised to do so much more. Nerds are killing videogames, not women.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 08:53 on May 22, 2016

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
So a married couple with one of those stupid joint accounts broke up. Somehow I got automatically added to her new account while dude, who I haven't even met, is still my friend and has the old account name of hers and his names together. He's just post post posting epic bong hits while she's posting photos of the cover up tattoo over his name. I don't think he knows she's gone yet.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

EvilGenius posted:

Ironically this closed mindedness is what will ultimately kill any art form. I saw a trailer for some XBox One game on Twitter the other day that was essentially just guns and bullet time. The Matrix came out 17 years ago and because there's a subset of nerds who haven't moved on in all that time, we get millions spent on this garbage in a medium that's poised to do so much more. Nerds are killing videogames, not women.

Was it SUPERHOT? If so that one actually has something to say and has a pretty neat gimmick all told.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Mo0 posted:

Was it SUPERHOT? If so that one actually has something to say and has a pretty neat gimmick all told.

It wasn't Superhot, it was Quantum Break. Even the bloody song is from the 90s.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

EvilGenius posted:

It wasn't Superhot, it was Quantum Break. Even the bloody title is from the 90s.

Ftfy

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

EvilGenius posted:

It wasn't Superhot, it was Quantum Break. Even the bloody song is from the 90s.

I remember being very confused when Quantum Break started hitting. Not because of anything about it as a game--I knew literally nothing about it as a game until looking it up just now--but because despite all the marketing they put towards it, nobody seemed excited about it before or after release. It just sort of... happened, and that's both the best and worst that can be said about it.

Looking at it though, holy poo poo is it dated as gently caress. It immediately makes me think of Watch_Dogs, which was similarly tryhard-cool but based its entire appeal on things that haven't been cool for over a decade. There are many reasons we don't look fondly upon Watch_Dogs, and that's one of the bigger ones.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I remember being very confused when Quantum Break started hitting. Not because of anything about it as a game--I knew literally nothing about it as a game until looking it up just now--but because despite all the marketing they put towards it, nobody seemed excited about it before or after release. It just sort of... happened, and that's both the best and worst that can be said about it.

Looking at it though, holy poo poo is it dated as gently caress. It immediately makes me think of Watch_Dogs, which was similarly tryhard-cool but based its entire appeal on things that haven't been cool for over a decade. There are many reasons we don't look fondly upon Watch_Dogs, and that's one of the bigger ones.

Yup. Essentially there exists a kind of nerd conservativism, which is at the root of their attacking and dismissal of minority opinions. When these people end in positions producing creative output, they end up rehashing the same old tired poo poo. The same goes for movies and TV shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

EvilGenius posted:

Yup. Essentially there exists a kind of nerd conservativism, which is at the root of their attacking and dismissal of minority opinions. When these people end in positions producing creative output, they end up rehashing the same old tired poo poo. The same goes for movies and TV shows.

I'm a 19 year old male MGTOW. Why, for me this is just phase, because my situation is very tricky, I come from a very conservative Arab Muslim family here in london, I left Islam when I was 17 after reading deeply into the religion, before I left I was extremely religious just like my family. I still live with my family and I have to fake pray 5 times a day, fast ramadahn, go to friday prayers etc, obviously since my family is extremely religious, for me to get a girlfriend and keep it on the lowkey without getting disowned is extremely difficult. Once my parents had a go at me for talking to a girl on the way from school... But either way, so my main objective right now is to get solid A's, secure a solid UNI, become financially independent, and really focus on myself, hit the gym, maximize physical and mental health, reading self-development books etc and really educating the poo poo out of myself, then I want to leave my house and go live on my own, and leave on a good note, I don't plan on telling my parents about my apostasy, ever in my life, then from there I want to get a good career, not some lovely 9-5, and hopefully find a girl that is NAWLT, someone who I think understands, loyalty, honesty and commitment. Basically 8-10 years of monkmode. I don't have any friends, mainly because I value real friendship and most people around me are fuckboys, who don't know what a real friendship/bromance looks like, so most people around me I'd call them acquaintances. Unfortunately we live in a hypersexualised society where being in a relationship and having sex is basically the epitome of life, literally. after leaving religion I went through a phase of suicidal thoughts, and severe depression, where I could no longer cry, but I'm over that now, and now I value my life more than ever, but for me life Isn't about sex and overloading my brain with dopamine like an animal in the jungle, for me its about the pursuit of knowledge, learning about the universe, pioneering the world, making discoveries, and really get in touch with the fine tuning of the universe, and enjoying and appreciating this gift of life, that I waited 12 billion years for, without all the bullshit, without any strings attached, or the government constantly pestering me with taxes, without feeling like a meaningless statistic, I want to explore the earth, and explore its natural beauties. Don't get me wrong I'm straight and I love women, but women in my opinion have their own time, I don't need to get into a relationship or have sex, but right now I'm in my prime where what I do now will set the tone for the rest of my life. But what is really loving me up, is seeing how girls my age around me, the nice pretty innocent girls that I grew up with, the girls that are getting into prestigious universities, golden triangle uni's, getting straight A's in their A-levels, the ones that I thought were girlfriend material, have become sexually liberated, cock-carouselling bitches, I don't have social media, but sometimes I see what people that I know are up to via twitter since you don't need an account, and the girls are casually and regularly posting porn tweets, of 10/10 Chad-looking men plowing the poo poo of some slag, The red pill is loving real., a lot of them are casually subscribed to porn pages, that have over a million followers, like what the gently caress, these people have no chill, and I'm loving shocked, I personally am a nofapper, I wholeheartedly believe in the art of semen retention hence I try my best to my moderate porn usage, to maximize time I have to focus on bettering myself, but holy loving poo poo I'm not here to judge, but seriously my generation is hosed, there is no loving way I will ever commit to a girl in my life, there are no good women anymore, I no longer want to delude myself with bullshit fantasy expectations of being in a loving and romantic relationship. gently caress dating, I'm opting out, finding NAWALT is not going to happen. Just to also mention, I'm not ugly, I'd consider myself a 7, and no, I don't have a micropenis. Finding mgtow was one of the best things for me. Ask me any questions, I hope I didn't sound boring. Thanks for reading. P.S worst loving thing is, hijabi girls posting islamic quotes, with a side of porn.