Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The description was
"I'm seriously never buying store bought garlic bread 🍞 ever again!
For starters I burnt it in the toaster oven
but for the same price 💲and WAY better taste I'll be patronizing the [local pizza joint] for it every time now...and as if we weren't regulars enough"

How fuckin' hard is it to make some garlic bread? It's 3 ingredients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm just going to assume this is some Japanese thing but what the gently caress, a fruit sandwich?
Yes and yes. :( With whipped cream.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bunnyofdoom posted:

Alrightie then. I did it. I went and ordered it

BEHOLD, FAST FOOD SUSHI. Also pictured, my 3rd beer of the evening, a quite nice stout.

Well, then, let me dive on in

As seen here with my grotesquely swollen arm. I dove in with chopsticks.

....it was really loving good you guys. Like I mean, it's a dumb fad, but it was actually tasty. Turns out, all the meat were from a good local butcher, and the cheese was a smoked aged cheddar. Like, it is a p. good twist on sliders on the menu. So, yeah, dumb idea, but executed really well and now I am sad that I don't have more to snark on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jij3hWodiRs

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roro posted:

You're a terrible gimmick poster, PCOS Bill. I hope all your steaks are overdone.

Improbable at best.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Say, PCOS, you found your way to the trump toxx thread yet?

Content:

Cepelinai, a potato dumpling from Lithuania. Yes, I know they're actually good, they just look ugly.

e: bonus tree cake

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 08:18 on May 22, 2016

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm just going to assume this is some Japanese thing but what the gently caress, a fruit sandwich?

With cream and custard!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Wanamingo posted:

e: bonus tree cake

The hell?

Uh... anyway...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Scathach posted:

The hell?

Uh... anyway...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spit_cake

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Specifically a sakotis

Wikipedia describes the process of making one as both time and labor intensive

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That alien looks delicious (what an unfortunate name for a cake.)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

Yup. whipped cream, fruit, and fluffy japanese bread. It's more like fruit shortcake that you can eat without a fork than anything else.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Idgaf about your facts, that's carpet on a cob.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

NinjaDebugger posted:

Yup. whipped cream, fruit, and fluffy japanese bread. It's more like fruit shortcake that you can eat without a fork than anything else.

gently caress that sounds SO GOOD

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxXcByAHTV4

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Yeah, would, before and after blowtorch. Really to just be able to say I did.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

stereobreadsticks posted:

Thanks for this warning, it's what I would expect and why I haven't eaten at McDonald's in the year or so I've been here but I've been tempted to try that Angry Birds thing and I appreciate the confirmation of my suspicions. Still though, if you're up for it you should by all means give it a shot.

Also

You're goddamn right.
gently caress all that, now i'm getting some Breakfast from McDonalds

right now

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

eh, worth it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I have before and would again, assuming that's just a "steak" egg and cheese bagel. They aren't particularly gross looking (at least, compared to most things posted in this thread) aside from the excessive sauce leaking out the bottom of yours.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

I have before and would again, assuming that's just a "steak" egg and cheese bagel. They aren't particularly gross looking (at least, compared to most things posted in this thread) aside from the excessive sauce leaking out the bottom of yours.

I dunno what the hell their "breakfast sauce" is, but it's a goddamn abomination.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Murphy Brownback posted:

I have before and would again, assuming that's just a "steak" egg and cheese bagel.
correct.

NinjaDebugger posted:

I dunno what the hell their "breakfast sauce" is, but it's a goddamn abomination.
incorrect.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

NinjaDebugger posted:

FFT posted:

incorrect.

It's mayo with some kinda voodoo done to it, I think. Like a super poor-man's hollandaise.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

FFT posted:

eh, worth it.

a) Would b) good AFP photography. Also, good kitty!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FFT posted:

eh, worth it.

someone creampied your sammich bro :barf:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

deadly_pudding posted:

It's mayo with some kinda voodoo done to it, I think. Like a super poor-man's hollandaise.

My best friend worked at McDonald's in high school. he told me the "special sauce" just ketchup mixed with mayonnaise, so I wouldn't be surprised if the breakfast sauce was, like, mayo and tartar sauce.

Other things he told me about McDonald's circa 2000-2003:

1. The shake machine was never cleaned. They tried to do it once and a gelatinous carpet of fetid milk fell out of the back. The manager cleaned it up and then said that she would never clean it again, and for two years, he says they didn't.

2. The Filet o' Fish come in a frozen, perforated sheet. They used to kick it around (in a bag) behind the store until the patties broke up. Ditto for Chicken Nuggets.

3. Said manager was a white woman named Quanasia who once loudly threatened revenge on the woman who stole her man thusly: "She's a nasty-rear end, stank-rear end, piece of white trash, and I'm gonna paintball her trailer."

I don't know if any of these stories are true, but wouldn't it be lovely if they were? :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I worked at McDonald's for a couple of years around the same time, all sauces come in packaging just marked 'whatever sauce' there's no ketchup/mayo mixing, everything was cleaned super regularly and anyone would have been fired for kicking around bags of food. The last thing sounds likely.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

bringmyfishback posted:

My best friend worked at McDonald's in high school. he told me the "special sauce" just ketchup mixed with mayonnaise, so I wouldn't be surprised if the breakfast sauce was, like, mayo and tartar sauce.

Other things he told me about McDonald's circa 2000-2003:

1. The shake machine was never cleaned. They tried to do it once and a gelatinous carpet of fetid milk fell out of the back. The manager cleaned it up and then said that she would never clean it again, and for two years, he says they didn't.

2. The Filet o' Fish come in a frozen, perforated sheet. They used to kick it around (in a bag) behind the store until the patties broke up. Ditto for Chicken Nuggets.

3. Said manager was a white woman named Quanasia who once loudly threatened revenge on the woman who stole her man thusly: "She's a nasty-rear end, stank-rear end, piece of white trash, and I'm gonna paintball her trailer."

I don't know if any of these stories are true, but wouldn't it be lovely if they were? :allears:

I believe 2 and 3. My experience in foodservice tells me that corporate is very serious about cleanliness, though, even for franchise locations. I didn't work at McDonald's, though. I can tell you that at Domino's, the guy who owned our location would like personally show up and freak out for about a week whenever he heard that a company inspector was in the county, and make us polish all the stainless steel to a mirror finish and clean the entire chain-link oven conveyor in the sink with like oven cleaner. One time he had us re-painting the walls in the waiting area :v:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

I dove in with chopsticks.

That looks tasty as hell :toot:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Speaking of creamy, these are all the same dish, and I think that they are all bad

This one was initially entitled "enrobed.jpg"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why has someone put ham into banana custard?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I think it's hollandaise.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Why has someone put ham into banana custard?

If only, but no, God has forsaken us as a species, and this is why.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
CultMoo made it and said it was pretty good. They were all surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehkk9bxGRzo

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

cash crab posted:

I like that these are resting on a ledge so I can tip them off the side with plausible deniability.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I don't understand

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't understand

It's like some kind of evil Bizarro Desert :ohdear:
I bet that would be pretty good if, instead of spaghetti, it was tapioca or rice pudding down there. Actually, I'm not even sure what's going on in that picture. I thought the red was jello, but the way it appears to be physically compromised by the berries and pasta on either side of it makes me think that maybe it's actually just a clear liquid down in spaghetti-town, with a red liquid layered on top of it. Do blueberries float?

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Edit: timg + url = not easy to click.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

I silently narrowed my eyes at this image

Then I realized that I had done it and mashed the quote button so I could tell everyone

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

It's like some kind of evil Bizarro Desert :ohdear:
I bet that would be pretty good if, instead of spaghetti, it was tapioca or rice pudding down there. Actually, I'm not even sure what's going on in that picture. I thought the red was jello, but the way it appears to be physically compromised by the berries and pasta on either side of it makes me think that maybe it's actually just a clear liquid down in spaghetti-town, with a red liquid layered on top of it. Do blueberries float?

Pretty sure the white stuff is tapioca noodles, it's pretty common in SE Asian desserts.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The recipe article says it's vanilla custard, piped into the gelatin as it set.

Could be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

bunnyofdoom posted:

....it was really loving good you guys. Like I mean, it's a dumb fad, but it was actually tasty. Turns out, all the meat were from a good local butcher, and the cheese was a smoked aged cheddar. Like, it is a p. good twist on sliders on the menu. So, yeah, dumb idea, but executed really well and now I am sad that I don't have more to snark on.

Hey Bunny, you are from Ottawa right? What restaurant is that from? It actually looks and sounds really good