Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
murky station and shadow raid are made for stealth and are fun if you are in the mood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh my god they made shotguns great again

oh my god
oh my god
oh my god
oh my god

they stagger shields

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

oh my god they made shotguns great again

oh my god
oh my god
oh my god
oh my god

they stagger shields

everything staggers shields with the right skill

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Afraid of Audio posted:

everything staggers shields with the right skill

Yeah but you can mother loving fire shotguns while sprinting with a boosted fire rate.

Motherfucker I am melting spawn groups of cops when they climb over walls. This is nirvana

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Windmill Update

Primaries:
Brenner 21 - done.
AMCAR-4 - done.
Reinbeck 88 - done.
AK - 1250 800 kills remaining.
M308 - 500 kills remaining. Trivial.

Secondaries:
Locomotive 12 - done.
GL40 - done.
Mark 11 - 1300 1100 kills remaining.
Compact-5 - 1800 950 kills remaining. Switching priority to the Mark 11, which is less accurate and thus more of a pain.

GarbagePistols:
B9-S - done.
STRYK - 750 550 kills remaining.
Bronco - 1700 950 kills remaining. This is my current focus. The dozer kills are tense, but doable- I got 4/5 in a single run.
Crosskill .45 - 500 kills remaining. This one's surprisingly inaccurate for a starter pistol.

Total: from 7000 to 5350 remaining. This is getting absurd.

I've been practicing for the noob herder run, and I've gotten really good at diamond stealth. This is looking more and more feasible.

Fun fact: Overkill released a blueprint/map of diamond heist because its layout was so confusing:

The colored circles were added by players to show where a set of optional gems are.

I'm hoping for preplanning and more complex, complete stealth in the remake. Of all the payday 1 heists, diamond heist is probably the one that has the most potential with payday 2 mechanics.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 21, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Man I like that blueprint style, an exploded view, interesting.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
So you know that small percentage chance of picking up a zip tie in ammo boxes? That triggers when picking up stuff like arrows and shuriken as well.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
How else is a guy meant to bundle his arrows and shurikens?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Meldonox posted:

How else is a guy meant to bundle his arrows and shurikens?

That would kind of defeat the purpose

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Concordat posted:

So you know that small percentage chance of picking up a zip tie in ammo boxes? That triggers when picking up stuff like arrows and shuriken as well.

Already reported, probably will be fixed in the next patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzOuOnjNKgc

Another custom heist has been released, "Manager Madness". It looks like it's themed around kidnapping a bank manager on day 1, then robbing his house on day 2. There's a lot more customization going on than with Green Harvest.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 21, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why would we rob a bank manager, they make at most like 50k a year.

Now a CEO, maybe.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Grapplejack posted:

Now a CEO, maybe.

The action is the juice for some of us.

For the others it's being a petty dick.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Grapplejack posted:

Now a CEO, maybe.
Maybe it's someone higher up the ladder depending on the difficulty you select.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
:worship: Oh semi-great Payday 2 thread, supreme concentration of nerds and spergs, please impart unto this ignorant one a beta pistol build. :worship:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Now a CEO, maybe.

Judging from the heist videos I've seen, it turns out he actually runs a convenience store, but he has a sideline as a cocaine distributor. On the other hand, judging from the heist videos I've seen, the heist is a poorly implemented and underdesigned mess. In particular, day 1 has a flat 4 minute time limit to drag the manager, who is a killable hostage, to one end of the map, then cross the map again to get to the escape vehicle. Day 2 is loud only hoxvenge house that just has a 50/50 chance of 4 bags of coke or cash, in a titan safe.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Klaus88 posted:

:worship: Oh semi-great Payday 2 thread, supreme concentration of nerds and spergs, please impart unto this ignorant one a beta pistol build. :worship:

switch to SMGs instead? :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Take two.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Klaus88 posted:

None of the available builders have been updated for the infamy tiers bonus from the latest patch so I'll just write out whatever I just whipped up. It's based on having the Anarchist deck.

Mastermind: Combat Medic basic, Painkillers basic, Quick Fix basic, Combat Doctor aced, Uppers basic, Inspire aced.
Enforcer: Underdog basic, Opppressor aced, Die Hard aced, Bullseye aced, Iron Man basic
Technician: Steady Grip aced
Ghost: Duck and Cover aced, Evasion basic, Thick Skin aced, Camouflage basic, Optic Illusions aced, Subsonic Rounds aced, Low Blow basic
Fugitive: Equilibrium aced, Gun Nut aced, Martial Arts basic, Bloodthirst aced, Berserker aced, Frenzy basic

Weapons: a max concealment Raven with a Silent Killer Suppressor, and a Stryk 18 with Champion's Suppressor, Micro Laser, Ergo Grip, Extended Magazine, Stock, no sight, +1 Concealment boost. Run around farting death at 1364 RPM. Melee is up to you; I usually use the Kunai for most non-taser needs if I need to worry about concealment. Armor is LBV if it wasn't obvious from all the skills boosting vests.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 21, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Klaus88 posted:

Mastermind: aced Combat Medic, Quick Fix, Uppers, Inspire; aced Endurance; basic Stable Shot, Rifleman
Enforcer: aced Oppressor, basic Transporter, Die Hard, Bullseye; aced Scavenging (vOv)
Technician: basic Steady Grip
Ghost: aced Duck and Cover, Evasion, Shockproof, basic Thick Skin, Sneaky Bastard; basic whatever/whatever/Low Blow
Fugitive: basic Equilibrium, aced Akimbo, Gun Nut, Desperado; aced Nine Lives, Swan Song

Suit Grinder, akimbo Bernettis and a medium-tier pistol of your choice. Chimano Custom has good gunfeel, and I keep a suppressed Leo if I feel like making less noise. Sig .40 is like a mag down on all the other mid-tiers so if you want to have less ammo for some reason use that. I haven't enjoyed any of the high-damage semi autos since the ROF nerf, but feel free to use an 11-round Bronco/Matever! :v: Just make sure to get to 55 combined weapon concealment (27+28, 25+30, etc).

If you want to squeeze more points out of the build, Die Hard and Scavenging can go pretty easily (I assume, I haven't tried Die Hard on this yet, just grabbed it when I noticed I was wasting points). Evasion can drop to basic without dipping under the point total to get to Sneaky Bastard, and Rifleman is just quality of life ADS movespeed that I got used to. Oh, and feel free to use Ex-President if Grinder isn't your thing, but I prefer Grinder with low damage guns. High damage guns, Ex-Prez all the way.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah the beta is still currently flux so we're all kind of relearning this game every update as the skills shift and move in certain directions. Just have fun while this game is in its current wild west phase.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Yeah the beta is still currently flux so we're all kind of relearning this game every update as the skills shift and move in certain directions. Just have fun while this game is in its current wild west phase.

Speaking of the wild west, I am unreasonably angry that the Repeater 1874 rifle loving sucks. I tried it out and even with headshots it struggles to kill people.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 22, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
im permabanned heister copstomperM308. i first started reading the long guide when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "optimal" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "true 40" and "there are two stability 20s" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing stance modifiers in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "optimal" style of long guide copshooting was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" the long guide to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

im permabanned heister copstomperM308. i first started reading the long guide when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "optimal" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "true 40" and "there are two stability 20s" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing stance modifiers in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "optimal" style of long guide copshooting was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" the long guide to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

:five:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Rhjamiz posted:

Speaking of the wild west, I am unreasonably angry that the Repeater 1874 rifle loving sucks. I tried it out and even with headshots it struggles to kill people.

it was 0.67 damage away from being DW-optimal which was super annoying and then the Lebensauger came in and hey, pay2win buddy

and then both got loving super hammered in the rebalance :rip:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Silenced Raven/HE Loco dodge/crit build is super loving fun on OVK. Of course, so are most things, but this is a fun new experience for me.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Dr Cheeto posted:

:perfect:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grapplejack posted:

Now a CEO, maybe.

we have a heist where we go and gently caress up 4 retail stores

we have a heist where we go and break glass in the mall

ok so the guy that sent us to do those things has us stealing god drat nukes now but still

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
Can someone explain Frenzy to me? Because I seriously don't get what advantageous about it. I don't see how 50% reduced Health damage is a positive thing when it comes with 70% reduced health. Also not getting why reduced health damage even matters enough to be a top-tier effect when most damage interactions will be against armor or dodged entirely.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, because it just doesn't make any sense.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's for having berserker up all the time. You're only losing like 40% effective health I think?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah you're supposed to combine it with Berserker the skill, and either the Yakuza or Anarchist decks.
I suppose you could also use it with Armorer or something.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

it's also really bad because the grace period between armor breaking and health damage is, uh, very small

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah you're supposed to combine it with Berserker the skill, and either the Yakuza or Anarchist decks.
I suppose you could also use it with Armorer or something.

It seems like it world be counterproductive where Anarchist is concerned. After all, wouldn't that health reduction eat into the health-to-armor conversion that it has going on? And that's not to mention that the reduction in health damage becomes even less relevant as your amount of maximum health dwindles and your amount of time spent with armor up increases.

I'm still very much not getting it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Nah, the reduction in health doesn't stack like that. You still get full anarchist armor, just even less total health :v:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's probably not optimal, but it allows a berserker to enjoy the benefits of being at 30% health or less while retaining more durability. They'll enjoy at least +40% gun damage and +100% melee damage. It also solves the problem of losing some or all of your bonus though combat medic ace or gambler or what have you. That's it really.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Has anyone gotten a Sydney skin yet? We're trying to track down a bug that's inconsistently being reported where sydney skins show up as all white. It may just be that people are hacking the skins and running facefirst into changes in the filesystem, but at this point it's not clear. Your help is appreciated.

also, Windmill Mini-Update: 2800 kills remaining.

vvv totally understandable-it's just an "if it happens, let me know" thing.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 22, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I've read in the bug reporting forum that it only happens in the beta. I can't be bothered to patch out of the beta to see if mine work because then I lose all of my builds.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Has anyone gotten a Sydney skin yet? We're trying to track down a bug that's inconsistently being reported where sydney skins show up as all white. It may just be that people are hacking the skins and running facefirst into changes in the filesystem, but at this point it's not clear. Your help is appreciated.

also, Windmill Mini-Update: 2800 kills remaining.

vvv totally understandable-it's just an "if it happens, let me know" thing.

A friend who isn't me has the skin unlocker and is seeing all the skins as white. They're also running the beta, so if that's the cause it makes sense.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

jagadaishio posted:

It seems like it world be counterproductive where Anarchist is concerned. After all, wouldn't that health reduction eat into the health-to-armor conversion that it has going on? And that's not to mention that the reduction in health damage becomes even less relevant as your amount of maximum health dwindles and your amount of time spent with armor up increases.

I'm still very much not getting it.

Yeah, like Psion said, your armor total doesn't change. You're giving up a percentage of your total health to gain an armor boost of X% of your armor value. The actual value of your health doesn't matter.

To some extent, that's why I think Anarchist is the best Berserker deck. You should only take Frenzy if you're using Berserker (which makes it a terrible, terrible capstone skill, relative to the others). But with Berserker, if your armor drops, you're basically dead. Same thing with Anarchist, so why not double-down? I'm pretty sure it's the most durable Berserker build, but it's pretty noticeably more fragile than other builds, at least as far as DW is concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah you exchange durability for damage output and speed. With how much armor you can stack, you can survive a sniper shot on DW too but you're pretty much dead when your armor breaks. It's a very interesting playstyle.