Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

these @SCSirens embeds are making this thread a loving risky click

I'll take that into consideration next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Hopefully Nia Jax can reach a level where she can be Awesome Kong without the insanity.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/wwe/status/734126669510893569

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Mighty Don't Kneel is a rad name.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
That Drake Younger article is like 1½ years old. Dunno why WWE is pulling it back out now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I was really hoping they would do an angle that involved Drake getting in the ring for a while, especially back during the brief window when Solomon Crowe was on TV.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

One day someone will push drake too far and he'll drop them headfirst through some light tubes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nia Jax could really use a more aggressive sounding entrance theme. Lyrics notwithstanding, the tune is too upbeat and poppy for her character.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/_StarDESTROYER/status/734060887187857408

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Does Drake continue training with wrestling while being a referee?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtBA2gNk10

Being an NXT Commentator/WWE Talking head has some perks/challenges

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It ain't easy bein Handsome Boy Tom.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Andrade fought Joe

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Ruggington posted:

Tom Phillips is my sweet baby boy

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Joe's only been in NXT a year now but it feels so much longer because he's entrenched himself so well into everything by being so awesome. Motivated killer beast Samoa Joe is awesome.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Joe's only been in NXT a year now but it feels so much longer because he's entrenched himself so well into everything by being so awesome. Motivated killer beast Samoa Joe is awesome.

Getting out of TNA is the best kind of motivation

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't catch NXT this week, or any week, cuz NXT is bad, But I thought I'd pop in anyway just to say that I love cum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
love it or hate it, you gotta respect

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I didn't catch NXT this week, or any week, cuz NXT is bad, But I thought I'd pop in anyway just to say that I love cum.

Same

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

the mood changes when cum is around

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I've only been watching NXT since last year, has Dana Brooke ever been a face? She seems really nice on Breaking Ground.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Nah she's always been a heel on tv.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Not like her persona attributes much to a face. "Look how strong I am. Don't you just love me?"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
She also has that irritating nasal airhead voice.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Agreed, she's perfect

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Who doesn't love playtime? She's a natural heel except maybe in Germany, where she is face due to her love for efficiency.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/statuses/734555873197084672

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

sticklefifer posted:

That's just the Cleveland accent. It slips out from Ziggler and Miz from time to time

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

women w/ annoying voices are the best

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

sticklefifer posted:

It's whack. Eckspecially whack.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Everything about Dana is perfectly terrible and I hope she never changes anything.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Dana is so good she made Stroud go back and retcon a whole page about her in an NXT review months after it was written

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

pressedbunny posted:

Everything about Dana is perfectly terrible and I hope she never changes anything.

Dana is great. Like, when she came up she was green as hell and tried to do straight heel stuff horribly and I couldn't stand her promos, but she worked up a nice character alongside Emma, improved somewhat in the ring and became more of an overconfident goober than the "uber woman" she used to be when she came up.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mob posted:

Dana is so good she made Stroud go back and retcon a whole page about her in an NXT review months after it was written

Haha seriously?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Haha seriously?

I'm a fan of Stroud, but yeah, he silently changed his opinion of Dana on the B&W of NXT for her debut post facto. It was not great.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought he retconned his opinions on Alexa Bliss, not Dana Brooke? Or is it both?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I mean, Dana is still pretty limited in the ring but her character work is really solid and she's mostly working with more experienced women who can work hard to hide her weaknesses so it doesn't matter. It'd be a different story if she was being pushed like a Bella Twin or something but she's at just the right level for her abilities at the moment. And she comes off as very sweet and motivated to improve on Breaking Ground so I'm happy to wish good on her.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Baby Babbeh posted:

I mean, Dana is still pretty limited in the ring but her character work is really solid and she's mostly working with more experienced women who can work hard to hide her weaknesses so it doesn't matter. It'd be a different story if she was being pushed like a Bella Twin or something but she's at just the right level for her abilities at the moment. And she comes off as very sweet and motivated to improve on Breaking Ground so I'm happy to wish good on her.

Breaking Ground was probably my favorite original show on the network just because it connects the viewer so much more closely with the performers. Dana, Carmella, and even Baron Corbin all came out of the show with a lot more goodwill in my opinion. It was even endearing to see Mojo Rawley in it, because just knowing that the character he plays is just him turned up to 11 is kind of humanizing. I think the Sabbatelli guy is the only one who came out looking worse than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Breaking Ground ruled, but it solidified my opinion that Corbin doesn't even like wrestling and shouldn't be near a ring. That show outed him for being a legit grumpy bellend with zero charisma.

Mojo came off amazing, especially during the segment where Nia is debuting her pretty awful ring gear.

• Locked thread