Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

There's a very good reason why Our Dan is getting the upgraded engine and why Max isn't. The upgrade is going to suck and cause Our Dan to retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's not an unknown thing to give the number two driver test parts. Ferrari has been doing that for ages.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Are Dan beat Seb the Fraud. He'll have no problems beating Max the :frogdowns:

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Ricciardo is gonna get it and Max is still gonna beat his rear end during the race.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

idk why mercedes would sign alonso. it would just leave them in the exact same situation they've had for the last three years, with either hamilton and alonso petulantly feuding, or rosberg crying as he gets crushed by alonso. unless they drop both and make it alonso/wehrlein.

Yeah I don't personally see that happening, plus if they're replacing drivers I don't think they're going for what is inevitably a short term prospect.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think Are Dan is going to get it, I also think they are going to give Are Dan the next win. They will want to bump up Carlos to Red Bull and have their lovely Senna Vs Prost the new generation story, but Ricciado is too good and worth too much money just to drop. So they give him a couple of wins and keep his transfer value high and sell him to Ferrari while they still have to give extra money to pay off his lovely Red Bull jr contract.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
So uh do you guys like big crashes? (Nobody died)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOvt8OlfX4E

aequalis fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 21, 2016

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
loving hell, brutal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

aequalis posted:

So uh do you guys like big crashes? (Nobody died)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOvt8OlfX4E

both were taken to the hospital, li airlifted there (he's awake now but was unconscious on the track)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
That crash could have had a much worse result, that was a biggy.

In other news, everyones favourite formula, formula_e is on right now on ITV_4.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That crash could have had a much worse result, that was a biggy.

In other news, everyones favourite formula, formula_e is on right now on ITV_4.

That was some top quality game racing just a minute ago

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
when does robo-racing start

(insert alonso joke)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dubs posted:

when does robo-racing start

(insert alonso joke)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
this track in Berlin sure is... well something. It looks like a pick_axe

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This "track" ranks up there with Caesar's Palace.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Being able to talk to the drivers during the sc is cool

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lol Abts just hosed his whole team over

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Wtf is just squire wearing

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Skarsnik posted:

Being able to talk to the drivers during the sc is cool

Nascar does that stuff. I really enjoy it

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Btcc too

If Di Grassi gets a penalty that Abt thing won't matter too much

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That F3 crash was Pastor level, I bet he's sitting on his toilet now, about to use some old newspapers to wipe his rear end, watching it on his phone and thinking "drat, I can't compete with this new generation of driver"

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Li saw all of that dirt and gravel in the air and didn't think twice about going wide or slowing down. Cars are fast, but holy poo poo thats some serious tunnel vision

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Dust usually means "oh someones off" not "someones sitting idle on the track," and you make it sound so easy "going wide." Even if he was going slow it'd still be a massive impact. He was kind of busy battling another car too.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
That hit was loving massive, holy poo poo :stare: Did my ears play tricks or did I hear a Piquet Jr was in that accident?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

GramCracker posted:

That hit was loving massive, holy poo poo :stare: Did my ears play tricks or did I hear a Piquet Jr was in that accident?

different piquet

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GramCracker posted:

Not Nelson jr, his brother. What is it with the Piquet boys and stopping in stupid places on the tracks?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hey look, some of them do it for Nando's sake

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Jedit posted:

Not Nelson jr, his brother. What is it with the Piquet boys and stopping in stupid places on the tracks?

You mean stopping in ideal places, right?

Can't argue with the results.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Oh boy, now he's done it.

Jackie hates are boi from Stevenage! Look at these harsh comments!

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/129807-hamilton-must-rethink-first-lap-tactics-stewart

quote:

"It's unacceptable for drivers with experience to have an accident on the first lap, none of the big guys ever did that. You didn't see Juan Manuel Fangio, Sir Stirling Moss, Jim Clark do that. One of the major assets for all the great drivers is their mind management.

"I learned to remove emotion from my whole body to head and that's why I always won my races in the first five laps."

"I hope he has learned a lesson," said Stewart. "It was a spontaneous movement by Lewis that if he were to think back on it, he wouldn't have tried it again. He needs to think about what happened in Spain, he has to consider the ramifications to his employers. The damage that it caused to Mercedes is the combined total of those drivers, as they would have been first and second. He has to rethink his complete attitude towards what he is responsible for and that applies to every top-line driver.

"I don't think that would have happened with [Sebastian] Vettel, Vettel wouldn't have made that move. [Fernando] Alonso wouldn't have either. Rosberg wouldn't have done that."

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
did lewis even make a move?

there was a really slow car in front of him so he went around it and the oval office drove him onto the grass

hey man INDEED

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I hope Lewis continues to divebomb the inside like a talentless fraud and crashes out on the first lap of every remaining race this year.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jedit posted:

Well, it's not like he was able to stop anywhere but the tyre wall after hitting the stationary car and breaking his suspension.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Nill posted:

I hope Lewis continues to divebomb the inside like a talentless fraud and crashes out on the first lap of every remaining race this year.

2011 is a go!

Although, saying that a gossip site came out with something mildly relevant. The stupid diamond earrings were a gift from Nicole and they would not come off. In order to "prove his love is forever" or some poo poo she made him weld them on at the back. Just before the last race he had them surgically removed.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

learnincurve posted:

2011 is a go!

Although, saying that a gossip site came out with something mildly relevant. The stupid diamond earrings were a gift from Nicole and they would not come off. In order to "prove his love is forever" or some poo poo she made him weld them on at the back. Just before the last race he had them surgically removed.

what the actual gently caress :stare:

These loving crazy rich bastards.

...and I find myself liking Sir Jackie Stewart more and more, the more he weighs in on the first lap incident.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

enri posted:

...and I find myself liking Sir Jackie Stewart more and more, the more he weighs in on the first lap incident.
He called Senna a talentless hack who crashed into everyone to his face too. Sir Jackie is the hero we need.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Motogp was absolutely amazing today lads

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He called Senna a talentless hack who crashed into everyone to his face too. Sir Jackie is the hero we need.

He also opposed cancelling the Bahrain Grand Prix because of the Arab Spring protests and described the calling for a boycott as 'bully boy tactics' so he can pretty much go and gently caress himself.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He's a very old man who longs for the good old days of the British Raj, women in the kitchen, Gentlemen racing with honour, and drivers acting like ambassadors for a sport reliant on billionaires who take poo poo like respectability very seriously. Like with most things the truth is somewhere in the middle; Stewart shouldn't' be such a crotchety old man and Lewis shouldn't act like a chavy oval office with his arse on fire in the first lap.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sir Jackie Stewart is wrong and wicka is right about the incident imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Hes still with a wife who married him before all the fame in like, the 50s. Lewis cant even poach himself a transjenner daughter girlfriend. I think we know who is the real man here.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 22, 2016

• Locked thread