Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Besesoth posted:

Remember that whiny rear end in a top hat who complained about a kid getting Best Costume at a Harry Potter release event? They have a friend:

This is like that time I heard a fellow Springsteen-fan complain that he never pulls up men on stage, only women and children. There are MILLIONS of male Springsteen-fan(atics) out there, why don't we get to dance with him?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Busket Posket posted:

pinstriped fedora with metal rings 'pierced' through the rim.

What is the story with this dumb thing? I've seen it before and I know there has got to be more to it than "I like the way it looks"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

What is the story with this dumb thing? I've seen it before and I know there has got to be more to it than "I like the way it looks"
It's anime. I don't know what anime, but I guarantee it's anime.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

Piercings are 'edgy' but these chucklefucks are probably too scared to get any on their bodies.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

drat, the post got deleted before I could screen cap it.

Anyways, some MRA shithead was complaining about Scarlet Witch not having her original costume in the movies because "Marvel is just making these to appeal to SJW nitwits" and when people were mocking him and yelling at him he is all "See, you're all angry at my truth bomb, so therefor my opinion is the right one". Because when someone is angry they're automatically wrong, and smug and calm means you automatically win.

I see that a lot really, people saying horrible bigoted poo poo acting like they are operating from calm logic and intelligence, while the emotional animals are just frothing at the mouth, but you see my ironclad logic of "most people in jail are black, so therefor blacks are more prone to be criminals" must be true. Oh look there you are yelling racist at me, but who's using facts here? "tips fedora, swirls untouched cheap bourbon in a glass and chomps on unlit cigar/vape rig that looks like a sonic screwdriver"

This is literally the kind of arguing that's putting Trump on the path to the White House. Not that he's calm, but saying inflammatory things and then effectively saying "u mad?"

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 15:09 on May 22, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The way that these shitbirds capitalize words like it makes them more valid drives me crazy.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

I was just in Stone Mountain (Georgia - Confederate memorial for those who don't know) taking a tour of some hotel facilities for work, including this place, and the tour was being given by a black man and woman. I asked them after it was over if it was weird for them to have to give tours of a bunch of Confederate stuff for large groups of white people and their response was basically "this mile high billboard for slavery is the least racist thing about Georgia".

That's my Stone Mountain story. Cool area other than that.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

This feels like a trap.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Please purchase my dog children. Will die after 20 weeks, but otherwise these fawns are good to go.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Yeah that sounds harrowingly like "adopt these puppies or I will murder them"

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
If the entire eyeball is green it may be time to see a vet?

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
fine approximately cats.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

change my name posted:

Please purchase my dog children. Will die after 20 weeks, but otherwise these fawns are good to go.

Fawn is a term for a particularly coloration of dogs.
The rest reads like an odd Google translate mistake though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cleretic posted:

I remember being very confused when Quantum Break started hitting. Not because of anything about it as a game--I knew literally nothing about it as a game until looking it up just now--but because despite all the marketing they put towards it, nobody seemed excited about it before or after release. It just sort of... happened, and that's both the best and worst that can be said about it.

Looking at it though, holy poo poo is it dated as gently caress. It immediately makes me think of Watch_Dogs, which was similarly tryhard-cool but based its entire appeal on things that haven't been cool for over a decade. There are many reasons we don't look fondly upon Watch_Dogs, and that's one of the bigger ones.

It's gotten a pretty good reception (minus the bugs on the PC version), though I haven't played it yet. Remedy's whole shtick is that their games emulate different genres of TV and movies, like Max Payne crossed John Woo movies with American noir detective fiction and Alan Wake was heavily inspired by horror TV shows like Twin Peaks and horror novels. It looks like Quantum Break is intentionally trying to emulate modern sci-fi television, to the point of having live action episodes that play in between levels of the game to show the antagonists' side of the story. I liked all their past stuff, so I'm pretty sure I'll be into Quantum Break even if the trailer looks generic.

Watch_Dogs was lovely mostly because it was really badly written and half-baked with a ton of plot holes and endless meandering, like it was written by four or five different teams with conflicting ideas and the final story was just patchworked together into something vaguely functional. The setting and characters could have been much better if they were written well, but they really weren't. Combine that with all the bugs and boring combat and you've got an incredibly dull game. The video game equivalent of an off-white wall.

Beastie posted:

The way that these shitbirds capitalize words like it makes them more valid drives me crazy.

There's a thread here by Prester Jane, a schizophrenic who grew up in the cult/conspiracy theory lifestyle and has now shaken off the stupid to try and explain how people like Trump supporters, conspiracy theorists, Scientologists, religious fundamentalists, and sovereign citizens think. If I remember correctly, she said that the random capitalization was an attempt by someone who's not mentally "all there" to emphasize things they view as important without really having the functionality to emphasize it with words.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

chitoryu12 posted:

It's gotten a pretty good reception (minus the bugs on the PC version), though I haven't played it yet. Remedy's whole shtick is that their games emulate different genres of TV and movies, like Max Payne crossed John Woo movies with American noir detective fiction and Alan Wake was heavily inspired by horror TV shows like Twin Peaks and horror novels. It looks like Quantum Break is intentionally trying to emulate modern sci-fi television, to the point of having live action episodes that play in between levels of the game to show the antagonists' side of the story. I liked all their past stuff, so I'm pretty sure I'll be into Quantum Break even if the trailer looks generic.

Watch_Dogs was lovely mostly because it was really badly written and half-baked with a ton of plot holes and endless meandering, like it was written by four or five different teams with conflicting ideas and the final story was just patchworked together into something vaguely functional. The setting and characters could have been much better if they were written well, but they really weren't. Combine that with all the bugs and boring combat and you've got an incredibly dull game. The video game equivalent of an off-white wall.

idk why people always hating on geminis when the real satans here are pieces

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Even if you have a billion dollars because you created a game that is beloved by millions, you cannot escape being an idiot on social media.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

EvilGenius posted:

Yup. Essentially there exists a kind of nerd conservativism, which is at the root of their attacking and dismissal of minority opinions. When these people end in positions producing creative output, they end up rehashing the same old tired poo poo. The same goes for movies and TV shows.

I forget if it was brought up in this thread or not, but somewhere on the internet they do a best game ever poll (I think GameFAQs), and it's pretty boring because basically every year Final Fantasy 7 or Ocarina of Time wins, because these people can't see past their own nostalgia. But last year, it came down between Ocarina of Time and Undertale. Surprise, Undertale wins! Cue massive amounts of nerdrage that the game that wins every year DIDN'T win this year and the implication that no new games should be allowed to win because things were just better in the past. And it basically seems like a lot of people vote for certain games not because it's what they actually personally prefer, but it's what they're told is the "right" answer, and when a lot of people choose the "wrong" answer, it confuses and irritates them to no end. I'd love to see the nerdrage myself, I'm just not sure where to find it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

twistedmentat posted:

Even if you have a billion dollars because you created a game that is beloved by millions, you cannot escape being an idiot on social media.

I don't know anything about Minecraft but doesn't this dude have a history of being a fuckhead?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zakharov posted:

I don't know anything about Minecraft but doesn't this dude have a history of being a fuckhead?

Yes. He is every gamer stereotype except with millions of dollars.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Billions, but yeah

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes. He is every gamer stereotype except with millions of dollars.

He also got those millions by taking everything for himself when he sold the rights to the game, and left the rest of his dev team out in the cold.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

zakharov posted:

Basically, he sold out Minecraft to Microsoft without letting anyone else on the dev team in on the wealth (or even guaranteeing that they'd still have a job)... And it turns out he's been miserable with his wealth ever since.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Regalingualius posted:

Basically, he sold out Minecraft to Microsoft without letting anyone else on the dev team in on the wealth (or even guaranteeing that they'd still have a job)... And it turns out he's been miserable with his wealth ever since.

He literally is afraid to be around people in case someone tries to take advantage of him. Jesus christ dude, you could be the patron saint of kickstarter or something else that would benefit your community, but nope, gonna be afraid of people.

From what I've read about the rest of the devs, Microsoft has treated them a million times better than Notch ever did.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

That's disappointing, he's getting shittier all the time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

I forget if it was brought up in this thread or not, but somewhere on the internet they do a best game ever poll (I think GameFAQs), and it's pretty boring because basically every year Final Fantasy 7 or Ocarina of Time wins, because these people can't see past their own nostalgia. But last year, it came down between Ocarina of Time and Undertale. Surprise, Undertale wins! Cue massive amounts of nerdrage that the game that wins every year DIDN'T win this year and the implication that no new games should be allowed to win because things were just better in the past. And it basically seems like a lot of people vote for certain games not because it's what they actually personally prefer, but it's what they're told is the "right" answer, and when a lot of people choose the "wrong" answer, it confuses and irritates them to no end. I'd love to see the nerdrage myself, I'm just not sure where to find it.

The Undertale thread in games went into it when it was happening. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741724&pagenumber=517&perpage=40#post453757870

I cannot find when it first started but the furthest back I know was November 30th.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

It's even worse than that. He, the Mojang president and the other majority holder, told ONE developer(Jens) and effectively gag ordered him not to tell anyone, putting severe stress on the dude. And of course when the company was bought out officially, Jens didn't get any of that sweet sweet billions that the three top dogs were splitting among themselves.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

twistedmentat posted:

textbookdefinition.txt

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
There's a few pages in the Schadenfreude thread about Notch, highlights include a candy wall in his giant masion(which he outright bought in cash, bypassing bids from other rich people and maybe celebs?) and being the creepy loner guy at parties.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

NotAnArtist posted:

textbookdefinition.txt

Yea, he was just trying to be helpful by providing a perfect example. :D

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

twistedmentat posted:

He doubled down:

https://twitter.com/notch/status/734317509873139716

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

What's amazing/appalling is the amount of support he's getting. :stare:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

zakharov posted:

He's pretty terrible, from what I've seen and heard. And he often had a fedora to top it off. Great sign, that is.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Karma Monkey posted:

What's amazing/appalling is the amount of support he's getting. :stare:

He created Minecraft and is super successful. I guess that's enough for anyone who knows nothing about anything outside of gaming.

I loving hate gamers sometimes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BigglesSWE posted:

He created Minecraft and is super successful. I guess that's enough for anyone who knows nothing about anything outside of gaming.

He's a fat white guy that made a poo poo load of money off of a popular game. Every time he vomits MRA bullshit other fat white guys point to him and say "see? We're right."

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Notch is a like a modern day Gatsby, only there is no daisy involved and he dies after loneliness gorging on his wall of stale m&ms.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BigglesSWE posted:

Gamers ruined gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If this was posted already it still bears repeating

https://twitter.com/AwrySquare/status/734085731174518785