Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Just lol if you don't have a revenant killmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also the current Sov system makes defending essentially impossible.

Meanwhile Drone Walkers have successfully defended their sov against their former landlords, and Horde has retaken everything GSF managed to snatch from them.

edit for less unchill

ullerrm posted:

Risk vs reward, really. Lv5s require exposing substantial assets to PvPers; highsec incursions involve relatively little risk, as long as you run with an established group like WTM, and the isk is immense relative to the risk.

There is almost zero risk in a L5, with the right setup. Same as incursions, except you make 2-3x as much.

dragonstalking fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 22, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
here's an idea, shut up with your politics poo poo in the chill thread thanks and go away

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

FranktheBank posted:

Wow, lol. I just bought my first injector and i'm addicted... 35 would clear out my entire queue! lol

They're worth it up to 50mil sp when the injector gain drops off.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

dragonstalking posted:

They're worth it up to 50mil sp when the injector gain drops off.

Why would you tell me this? It's like telling a recovering heroin addict, "hey, you know your body doesnt really build a tolerance to black tar! You can keep using the same tiny amount for years and get the same high!"

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

FranktheBank posted:

Why would you tell me this? It's like telling a recovering heroin addict, "hey, you know your body doesnt really build a tolerance to black tar! You can keep using the same tiny amount for years and get the same high!"

its the fast track to becoming a bitter vet

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh no how many did you inject :ohdear:

i got bitter before they were a thing, all home grown

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

cravius posted:

Just lol if you don't have a revenant killmail

I only have 1 cap kill so far. I'm somehow always in the wrong fleets.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

its the fast track to becoming a bitter vet

I knew coming to the goon thread was a bad idea... I didn't expect this though. I thought someone was going to offer to send me ISK, then find my home and camp the poo poo outta me.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

oh no how many did you inject :ohdear:

I did 3. I'm doing at least 2 more tomorrow. I just hit my 7th week :goshawk:

I may of may not have semi-afk ratted for 6 hours straight :ohdear:

This game is taking over my life...

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

FranktheBank posted:

Did all 35 seriously drop?

and looted

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Only me waiting for VG joins either side of the conflict, and become another sperg poster here?

EVE threads are like a black pool of tar with demons spawn out the seemingly mirror flat surface, VG is the white knight standing on top of it fighting to keep these demons at bay. These black menace are acidic and corruptive, will tarnish your mind. The longer you as much as only stare at it the more likely you are affected, we are all here to witness VG's fall from grace and become the new prince of scourge!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Altran posted:

Only me waiting for VG joins either side of the conflict, and become another sperg poster here?

:frogout:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I'm theorycrafting some multibox fun and am having a hard time deciding between Sin or Panther. I know a while ago PL was experimenting with a tengu+sin setup (well hillynurth was in dek anyway) but I want to try to use 4 ships - 1 T3 cyno/prober/ewar probably proteus, 2 blops ships one the bridger and other dps and a boosting legion. Just don't know which blops would be more effective and was wondering what others had experimented with and had success doing. Blops stuff interests the poo poo out of me but bombers and fuel trucks don't as much. Am I crazy for wanting to try this out?

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 22, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Hello friends, do any of you know how to best set up a Citadel for hisec things?

I'm fronting the cash for a couple of hisec mining groups to have a thing in hisec....to do, I don't know, their hisec stuff or whatever but I actually don't really know how to fit them to make them feel safe from wardecs whilst refining their space rocks.

Medium of course.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Medium citadels can fit really powerful ewar but their subcapital DPS options are all crap. Use them to boost the effectiveness of a defence fleet rather than relying on them to drive off attackers by themselves.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
Is a stratios stronger than traditional blops at ganking pve boats?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Shade2142 posted:

Is a stratios stronger than traditional blops at ganking pve boats?
No, but it's a lot cheaper and more accessible.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

uh its not better its simply different. it can warped cloaked and engages with drones and both armor and shield fits are versatile.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

that post didn't really make sense but Im really tired

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

that post didn't really make sense but Im really tired

Chill thread. And love means never having to say you're sorry.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FranktheBank posted:

Did all 35 seriously drop?

and now i believe distributed to members. My dude can fly a bomber now!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Drythe posted:

and now i believe distributed to members. My dude can fly a bomber now!

You're doing well in this game... much better than MH. :cosmic2day:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I didn't realize Citadel DPS was so anemic. I heard the neuting/ewar options are quite strong though. Seems to me they could do for a rebalance if they're weaker than a manually gunned POS currently, don't you think?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I feel like I'm not getting the whole idea being piloting a Stunt Astero. I've bought 4 or 5 so far and keep losing them terribly.
The last 2 times I tried, a went for VNI's ratting alone in belts. I orbit at about 20km with my microwarpdrive on and try to kill their drones asap but no can do. Their stupid warrior 2 drops me as soon as they get in range.

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010
Try manually orbiting around and sometimes you just gotta let them go.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ullerrm posted:

It leads to asymptotic player behavior. We saw the same thing with the recent Serpentis event -- 99.9% of sites dropped a serpentis shirt and a quafe zero, but some of them dropped officer mods or PLEX. So you had some people obsessively running them all in pursuit of the rare drops... but most people ran them once or twice, got garbage, went "well this is worthless," and stopped doing them.

Raise the DC offset, lower the AC amplitude, and you'll get far more consistent player behavior.

idk i ran hundreds of the blood raider and frostline ones, the guristas ones took much longer do in much more expensive ships and paid out even less

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dalael posted:

I feel like I'm not getting the whole idea being piloting a Stunt Astero. I've bought 4 or 5 so far and keep losing them terribly.
The last 2 times I tried, a went for VNI's ratting alone in belts. I orbit at about 20km with my microwarpdrive on and try to kill their drones asap but no can do. Their stupid warrior 2 drops me as soon as they get in range.

p sure the idea behind those fits is you can speed tank their heavy drones

if they switch to lights you need to find a new ishtar to shoot

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Dalael posted:

Warp off if they are killing you. If you're dying, align out and overheat your MWD and you should outrun the drones even if you can't warp immediately.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
When I saw that fit I thought it was purely a support frigare for a stratios, is it supposed to be able to solo ratters as well?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
It can solo bad/poorly skilled/poorly fit ratters. Plenty of Horde out there in VNIs with T1 light drones (or none at all).

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Dalael posted:

Try this Stabber

code:
[Stabber, ...]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Tracking Enhancer II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Warp Disruptor II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile

Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Acolyte II x5

Warp Scrambler II x1
Acolyte II x5
Mjolnir Fury Light Missile x240
Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I x1
Medium 'Hope' Hull Reconstructor I x1
Prototype Cloaking Device I x1
Barrage M x1280
Republic Fleet EMP M x1280
Mobile Depot x1
It's less than half the price, does 3-4x the DPS and doesn't die to a breeze. Good for learning how to hunt. Personally I like to eat the scan res loss and drop a rapid light for the protocloak, since refitting from it might give the prospective horde victim a few minutes heads up and call for backup a jump out.

I really should have brought paste with me though...

I'm very interested in the possibility of using suitonia confessors with protocloaks for hunting in groups of 2-3 though.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 22, 2016

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you can catch people in a cruiser with gimped lock times, you will catch them in anything.
The point of the cloaky fits is to grab people who switch to watching d-scan with someone in local instead of warping out, which in a busy-ish region of space is what they do.

Find a friend and tag-team.

Rhadimanthius64
Apr 11, 2014

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

The Glumslinger posted:

Thanks for the quick update :)

So, if its far enough out for a post-mortem, did things go bad because people weren't as invested in it as the past or was it just an insanely huge coalition, that was better organized that previous ones? I remember I played for a bit at the end of the Fountain war, and it felt like we were just so much better organized than everyone and were able to just put out massive fleets for for ops.

Actually no.

Imperium could have fought them, we just chose not to fight them seriously.

Fighting them would have entailed serious losses, and wastes of time that really weren't even needed. So what we lost some Sov that we can get back in 5 months when the enemy get bored.
They do have more numbers, but they aren't more capable. But, because they only came to stroke their own dicks, us not giving them much in the way of content is more successful.

EVE's true victories are not scaled by the number of systems you take, but by the carnage you inflict on the members of your opponent. ie: PL's hurfblurf on Reddit to smooth their egos, and the fact that their participation has been dropping sharply, all the while they cry over their Elite PvP killboards being ruined from all the FAX's we've ganked with cheap subcaps.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Rhadimanthius64 posted:

Actually no.

Imperium could have fought them, we just chose not to fight them seriously.

Fighting them would have entailed serious losses, and wastes of time that really weren't even needed. So what we lost some Sov that we can get back in 5 months when the enemy get bored.
They do have more numbers, but they aren't more capable. But, because they only came to stroke their own dicks, us not giving them much in the way of content is more successful.

EVE's true victories are not scaled by the number of systems you take, but by the carnage you inflict on the members of your opponent. ie: PL's hurfblurf on Reddit to smooth their egos, and the fact that their participation has been dropping sharply, all the while they cry over their Elite PvP killboards being ruined from all the FAX's we've ganked with cheap subcaps.

your cognitive dissonance is astounding

Khablam posted:

If you can catch people in a cruiser with gimped lock times, you will catch them in anything.
The point of the cloaky fits is to grab people who switch to watching d-scan with someone in local instead of warping out, which in a busy-ish region of space is what they do.

Find a friend and tag-team.

recons are now also d-scan immune, so if you want to catch people (like in fw plexes) and aren't scared of probers, they're an awesome option

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhadimanthius64 posted:

the fact that their participation has been dropping sharply, all the while they cry over their Elite PvP killboards being ruined from all the FAX's we've ganked with cheap subcaps.

Neither of these things are happening the way you're trying to portray them as. Our (PL's) numbers have been consistent over the past two weeks at minimum, not to mention Waffles & Horde, and the only people sperging about PL's killboard stats are GSF white noise posters. That said, you should probably lay off the :hurf: posting and go do it in the unchill thread.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 22, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Dalael posted:

Deofuta posted:

When I saw that fit I thought it was purely a support frigare for a stratios, is it supposed to be able to solo ratters as well?

it could probably take on improperly fit ratters, but anyone with light drones will frag you

Rhadimanthius64 posted:

they cry over their Elite PvP killboards being ruined from all the FAX's we've ganked with cheap subcaps.

don't believe the "elite pvp" koolaid please, we really don't care about ship losses

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53758202/ when did doomsdays get changed so you could use them in low sec? I thought they were null sec only, or was that just bombs?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Ambaire posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53758202/ when did doomsdays get changed so you could use them in low sec? I thought they were null sec only, or was that just bombs?

That rule applies to AoE effects. Targetted doomsdays work in lowsec.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=2807&b=7043170&e=1015&t=uaaruveaaeaqqe

Snuff Box just got ozoned, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. The dogpile was real since all of MBC reset them. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Is it just me or when clicking on individuals on that BR is zkil redirecting to their homepage?

• Locked thread