Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm always so jealous of all you survey-getting people. Is there some place to see what countries Google plans to introduce the surveys to in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I see that I'm not alone: I'm up to 15 surveys in less than 24 hours, most grouped 2-4 at a time. Comes out to $5.97 so far. :shrug:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 21, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Aw, I feel so left out not getting any surveys today.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

So yeah Legion of Heroes just pukes endgame gear and heroes at you now, so if you ever wanted to run through the story you can do that pretty easily without spending any money. Actual endgame is still a whalegrind fuckfest

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Dammit, I've been near a Home Depot today too.. What gives? I want Google Fun Bux.. :(

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I hit the jackpot on surveys this week. I also have had about a dozen in the last 24 hours equaling $4.68 worth.

And I went on vacation this week and probably hit up 8 attractions, and 3 hotels, and dozens of retail and restaurant places this 5 day trip gave me about 25 surveys throughout the week for a total of $9 and some change.

So lesson is, spend two grand on vacation and travel through 7 states and you also could get $10 in survey bucks!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Last survey I've done was November 12th, 2015. Prior to that? June 2015.

Nothing since then. Maybe I need to toggle my Location accuracy :/

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eddain started a thread for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Global.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

m.hache posted:

Last survey I've done was November 12th, 2015. Prior to that? June 2015.

Nothing since then. Maybe I need to toggle my Location accuracy :/

I've had six today and it's not like I've gone anywhere. Seems awfully random

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I'm up to 18; the last two were the exact same, asking about whether I watched polo. Then I got a follow up asking how often I played polo.

I've never watched or played polo (I didn't realize anyone did in the year of our Lord 2016), I hadn't actually left my apartment when I got all the surveys and the others were also oddly specific and seemingly random.

I assume something's wrong with their system atm, or someone is really interested in polo all of a sudden.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got one about an international journalism convention. That's all for today.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I just got $.58 for saying I've never worn some high end luxury clothing line. Took 4 seconds.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

I got 1 survey this morning, my first in a few weeks. Guessing most of the people getting a lot of surveys are in larger US markets?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Weird... Over the past week, I must've gotten about 6 surveys, an amount that would usually take me 3-4 months, not counting visits to Walmart/Home Depot/Ikea.

This makes sense, since compared to you guys in the U.S., I get maybe 1/4th of the surveys here in :canada:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Yeah, I'm guessing something went wrong in their algorithms or some such :confused:

foutre posted:

I'm up to 18

Same. Not gonna complain.

New Leaf posted:

I got one about an international journalism convention.

Disappointing Pie posted:

I just got $.58 for saying I've never worn some high end luxury clothing line.

I got both of these - the first one multiple times even - and various (sometimes repeated) questions about travel (I haven't, recently), motorcycles (I've never had one), visiting locations (none of which I'd even heard of).

I even got one asking me if I had money invested in copper. :psyduck:

GB_Sign posted:

Guessing most of the people getting a lot of surveys are in larger US markets?

A town of ~2,500 in Alaska. I do pretty regularly get asked about my trips to Safeway though, which I assume is the only location in town they have questions about. v:shobon:v

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Alehkhs posted:

A town of ~2,500 in Alaska. I do pretty regularly get asked about my trips to Safeway though, which I assume is the only location in town they have questions about. v:shobon:v

Oh man, this makes me wish for a 'casual surveys' app, from Google.

Survey: Safeway again, huh?
Reply: Yep.
Survey: So, how was it?
Reply: Usual.
Survey:...
Reply: Mmm hmmm.
Survey: Sure is cold around here.
Reply: You betcha.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

The international version of Phantom of the Kill, a JRPG/tactics game that's apparently quite popular in Japan, is out now. Quite a few sites seem keen to refer to it as being like Fire Emblem.

I'm really liking the game play and the character mechanics but the character art is really, really anime. It's a decent pooping game and while the art work isn't as bad as that soccer game, you're going to get a lot of weird looks playing it on public transport or on a lunch break.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh man, this makes me wish for a 'casual surveys' app, from Google.

Survey: Safeway again, huh?
Reply: Yep.
Survey: So, how was it?
Reply: Usual.
Survey:...
Reply: Mmm hmmm.
Survey: Sure is cold around here.
Reply: You betcha.

That's pretty much the survey I get every time I go to Safeway (which is nearly every day in the spring due to work).

:awesomelon: DID YOU GO TO SAFEWAY RECENTLY?
:what: How did you know?!
:awesomelon: HOW WAS IT?
:what: Alright, I guess? It's Safeway.
:awesomelon: THANK YOU, CITIZEN. :10bux:

Repeat daily.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

I'm really liking the game play and the character mechanics but the character art is really, really anime. It's a decent pooping game and while the art work isn't as bad as that soccer game, you're going to get a lot of weird looks playing it on public transport or on a lunch break.

I just got it and the summon gave me 10 different giant breasted anime girls.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thanks for the survey heads up. Just took 21 weird surveys in a row. Free five bucks.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone looking for a new shmup might want to check out newly released Air Attack sequel Air Attack 2, which looks really quite impressive.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Someone make a gif of a Google employee sticking a broomstick handle up survey machine shoot.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 22, 2016

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

GB_Sign posted:

I got 1 survey this morning, my first in a few weeks. Guessing most of the people getting a lot of surveys are in larger US markets?

I'm in the UK but my student Campus has a starbucks on it, I at least get one a day. I also get one every time I do my weekly shop. Certain shops etc seem guaranteed to give you one.

It's been handy for buying Hearthstone packs.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Are you people who get a lot of surveys leaving the Location services on your phones on? I generally leave Location turned off unless I'm playing Ingress or using Maps.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pope Guilty posted:

Are you people who get a lot of surveys leaving the Location services on your phones on? I generally leave Location turned off unless I'm playing Ingress or using Maps.
Normally that would be the case but we're all getting a flood of non location related surveys lately, hence the confusion

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm not getting hammered with surveys like some of you are, but I am getting like one a day, which is more than I was getting before.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Over a 24 hour period, I got 19 surveys totaling $8.57. A couple of the surveys were worth .70. And like people have said, a lot of them were weird surveys. I got one asking me if I am currently taking saxophone or trumpet lessons.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I only recently got an android phone and downloaded surveys after reading this thread. Haven't gotten more than usual but I definitely get some weird surveys as Google presumably figures out all my information. My favorite was the one asking me if I had literally foraged for truffles in the past 3 months.

I live in NYC so even though I have location services turned on, anytime I get one of those surveys it asks me about whether I have been to one of five random places I have never spent time in. I just answer that I haven't but sometimes I wonder if I should pretend that I went to any of them and see what happens.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Clocks posted:

I just answer that I haven't but sometimes I wonder if I should pretend that I went to any of them and see what happens.

They'll silently give you a "lied point", and if you get too many of them you'll just stop getting surveys. They'll occasionally give out surveys of totally fictional places for just this purpose. Just be honest and enjoy the free money, trying to game the system is more likely to get you kicked out than more surveys.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
That explains my entire survey experience lately. Ah well, guess I'll have to be more honest.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They don't give a limit on the places I've been so while I haven't been to Nationwide in awhile I was there back in 2013 after my car got broken into.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

DemonMage posted:

They'll silently give you a "lied point", and if you get too many of them you'll just stop getting surveys. They'll occasionally give out surveys of totally fictional places for just this purpose. Just be honest and enjoy the free money, trying to game the system is more likely to get you kicked out than more surveys.

Makes sense. A lot of these are places I walk past but I was assuming it just doesn't have accurate enough information in a city to figure out if I had been to them. I get like $0.10 for just responding so that's fine too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've gotten 5 in the past ~36ish hours, and only 2 weren't location based. One was about that Journalism Summit, and the other was asking if I wanted to be considered for an opt-in group, for $1.64 total.

Alehkhs posted:

That's pretty much the survey I get every time I go to Safeway (which is nearly every day in the spring due to work).

:awesomelon: DID YOU GO TO SAFEWAY RECENTLY?
:what: How did you know?!
:awesomelon: WHAT IS YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE, CITIZEN?
:what: Red, friend Computer!
:awesomelon: THAT INFORMATION IS ABOVE YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE. HOW WAS YOUR VISIT?
:what: Alright, I guess? It's Safeway.
:awesomelon: THANK YOU, CITIZEN. :10bux:

Repeat daily.

FTFY.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

So are these surveys pretty much US exclusively or what?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
In Phantom of the Kill does anyone know if mana is used for anything other than purchasing bad heroes/gear in the recruit shop?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

ravenkult posted:

Yeah I am in Canada and downloaded the survey thing like a month ago and haven't got one. It's sad. I like answering trivial questions about nothing :(

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ravenkult posted:

I'm Canadian and I've gotten surveys.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

ravenkult posted:

At last check, the app is only available for users in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Italy, Japan, Holland, Brazil, Mexico, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden (I might be missing one or two more). Different countries get different survey questions, and judging from the thread Americans seem to get them more regularly.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
I'm really enjoying Spellspire, it's not as good as bookworm adventures was but it's close enough. Does anyone have other word puzzle recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

I have only gotten my normal amount, 1 every couple weeks here in my corner of :canada: I keep location services on.