Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

prefect posted:

I hated that guy so much that I was disappointed by the conclusion. The bounty hunter has much more satisfying options with Tarro Blood.

Not only that, but he doesn't even look cool, he just looks like some random newbie player in a default outfit. At least give him a jacket or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
But he really fits the Dude, Where's My Ship (And Treasure) tone of chapter 1.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

im level 45 on chapter 3 of the consular story and still havent found a hood "headgear" item. do consulars/sages not get a robe hood ever?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hoods aren't headgear, they're part of the chestpiece and appear when your headgear is small like a headband or goggles.

Some races never get them because of head dongles.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Also if you want cool outfits don't wait for poo poo to drop when you're questing, look at adaptive armor on the GTN.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Kly posted:

im level 45 on chapter 3 of the consular story and still havent found a hood "headgear" item. do consulars/sages not get a robe hood ever?

There are a few chestpieces with hoods for cheap on the Adaptive Gear Vendor in the Supplies section of Fleet. If you're Twi'lek or Togruta then it's a no go on hoods.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The new pack has the fallen defender set which is nice, though kinda sith based. It's fairly cheap since people are buying those packs.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

In case anybody didn't notice, the Anarchist packs hypercrates (from a couple months ago) are 55% off right now. I got some cool poo poo out of it like two monocycles and a luxury spa arrangement, but mostly I look forward to getting rich as gently caress off the chance cubes. (Thanks for that tip, Medullah. I've made tens of millions selling those lovely chance cubes.)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Also if you want cool outfits don't wait for poo poo to drop when you're questing, look at adaptive armor on the GTN.
Or just buy any piece of armour that looks neat and stick it into the costume designer.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kly posted:

Sometimes, hoods are hidden by head armor (as noted by others), so if you turn on "hide head armor", you might get your hood back.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Nerd Of Prey posted:

In case anybody didn't notice, the Anarchist packs hypercrates (from a couple months ago) are 55% off right now. I got some cool poo poo out of it like two monocycles and a luxury spa arrangement, but mostly I look forward to getting rich as gently caress off the chance cubes. (Thanks for that tip, Medullah. I've made tens of millions selling those lovely chance cubes.)

I just did this and got nothing but a bunch of poo poo. Oh well, no hurry as most of my credits are in escrow and I don't really play the game right now anyway.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah you can break pretty much even if you buy a Hypercrate for ~12 million and just sell the chance cubes. And that's with the (realistic) expectation that you get nothing else of value in the crate.

I'm pretty excited, I'm getting pretty close to having my first stack of 9,999 of something - I'm at about 7,500 green Jawa scrap.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah you can break pretty much even if you buy a Hypercrate for ~12 million and just sell the chance cubes. And that's with the (realistic) expectation that you get nothing else of value in the crate.

I'm pretty excited, I'm getting pretty close to having my first stack of 9,999 of something - I'm at about 7,500 green Jawa scrap.

It's nice to have life goals.

I kinda miss the days when a hypercrate was ~6 million on the GTN. Seems like 15 is the new normal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's nice to have life goals.

I kinda miss the days when a hypercrate was ~6 million on the GTN. Seems like 15 is the new normal.

They'll never go down that low again unless they get rid of chance cubes.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

On my server they bottom out at 24 million, so buying them with credits is not actually a good idea. I don't mind spending a little money on the game though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

On my server they bottom out at 24 million, so buying them with credits is not actually a good idea. I don't mind spending a little money on the game though.

Your server also has a poo poo ton of extra credits floating around from the last exploit. 😂

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The upside is that chance cubes sell for maybe 400k each on average on my server. I bought two of the most recent hypercrate on day one, and between selling a weapon tuning, unstable arbiter's dualsaber and a ginx companion, some cool decorations and a buttload of chance cubes, I went from flat broke to almost 50 million. Now, that does come out to "breaking even" if I bought another hypercrate for 24 million... but if I don't get any of the big-ticket items again, or they don't sell, I'm kinda boned...

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Welp, 30 packs, 30 grand chance cubes. How much should I be trying to sell these for?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mastajake posted:

Welp, 30 packs, 30 grand chance cubes. How much should I be trying to sell these for?

Fluctuates from server to server. Probably going to be lower right now with the cheap Hypercrate on cartel market. Jedi Covenant average is 300-400k when I sell them.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I just bought my first hypercrate in a while since the sale is on. 38 chance cubes out of 30 packs. Now I see what everyone's been complaining about.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Which crew skill gives you the one time use crew skill missions as a reward? I'm finally playing the character I wanna stick with for a bit and I am just giving him mission crew skills so I can gather stuff, leaning towards treasure hunting, underworld trading, but I still need a third.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

cams posted:

Which crew skill gives you the one time use crew skill missions as a reward? I'm finally playing the character I wanna stick with for a bit and I am just giving him mission crew skills so I can gather stuff, leaning towards treasure hunting, underworld trading, but I still need a third.

You get them from doing the slicing lockbox missions.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

cams posted:

Slicing.

If making credits is your goal then Bioanalysis/Scavenging/Slicing is where it's at. Bio and Scavenging particularly have the best return on investment because you can harvest plentiful open world nodes on Zakuul for no cost. Slicing gives the Mission Discoveries as mentioned and it's purple mats are needed in large quantities to make Augments. Every other Mission Skill is a buyer's market.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Slicing.

If making credits is your goal then Bioanalysis/Scavenging/Slicing is where it's at. Bio and Scavenging particularly have the best return on investment because you can harvest plentiful open world nodes on Zakuul for no cost. Slicing gives the Mission Discoveries as mentioned and it's purple mats are needed in large quantities to make Augments. Every other Mission Skill is a buyer's market.

Even this, understand that you're probably only going to make any profit at max level - with leveling so simplistic and fast now, with gear easily obtainable through Heroics and crystals added to the removal of the need to gear companions, there's not a lot of demand for lower level crafted gear. The days of making "mad money" doing crafting are pretty much gone. You'll always make money with grade 9 purple slicing mats since people always need augments made, but other than that it's pretty much just augments and augment kits.

I still recommend Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy on at least one toon if you plan on doing any endgame activity so you can make your own stims and medpacs. After that, I'd probably go Artifice as there is a variety of useful things they can make (Relics are still pretty in demand, and dyes for pretty princess dress up, and you can always make augmentation kit components which sell for a fair amount for how easy they are to make).

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm taking treasure hunting and underworld because i like the crit opportunities moneywise and i want to be farming rank 5 companion gifts at all time, so yeah. slicing will be a good 3rd one so i can aim for special missions if i feel like it.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

cams posted:

i'm taking treasure hunting and underworld because i like the crit opportunities moneywise and i want to be farming rank 5 companion gifts at all time, so yeah. slicing will be a good 3rd one so i can aim for special missions if i feel like it.

If you want to farm rank 5 gifts investigation has faster returns than the other mission skills. An influence 1 companion returns in 6m58s with investigation compared to 13m39s with underworld. I don't know if that makes it worth it though.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Some of the heroics are more a pain in the rear end than they are worth. There are two in particular I'm going to skip from now on. Kill Valen Korek on DK and kill the escaped jedi (Something like that) on Tatooine. Too many people at once trying to kill too few slowly re spawning targets or just a painfully slow re-spawn as is the case with Valen Korek. It might not be so bad if people would group up for it but much of the time they don't want to.

I wish they would make them instanced or at least speed up the re-spawn rate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wyatt Derp posted:

Some of the heroics are more a pain in the rear end than they are worth. There are two in particular I'm going to skip from now on. Kill Valen Korek on DK and kill the escaped jedi (Something like that) on Tatooine. Too many people at once trying to kill too few slowly re spawning targets or just a painfully slow re-spawn as is the case with Valen Korek. It might not be so bad if people would group up for it but much of the time they don't want to.

I wish they would make them instanced or at least speed up the re-spawn rate.

Swap to a PvP instance, MUCH less competition.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Thanks. Didn't even think of that. I'll try it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
If anyone is coming back or just wants a free week of preferred status click this link and make me happy. http://www.swtor.com/r/GhM4pb

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Referral links don't give you preferred status. You need to have either been a subscriber or bought something from the cartel market for that. Referral link gives you 7 days sub if you WERE a subscriber along with some unlocks like third crew skill slot. If you're f2p it gives you some XP boosts along.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Medullah posted:

Referral links don't give you preferred status. You need to have either been a subscriber or bought something from the cartel market for that. Referral link gives you 7 days sub if you WERE a subscriber along with some unlocks like third crew skill slot. If you're f2p it gives you some XP boosts along.

Ah, my bad.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

Regardless, you should still click a link and give the referrer some free funbux + get yourself some free poo poo and a week of sub status. On that note, shameless shilling with my own link:

http://www.swtor.com/r/TkMbdV

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Is there a decent amount of goons still playing this game? Thinking about re-subscribing but I don't want to play alone because loneliness scares me

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I like to play this game

E::goonsay:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

My goons, is there any way to get the old raid OPS shells? Or have they all been deleted?

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Siegkrow posted:

My goons, is there any way to get the old raid OPS shells? Or have they all been deleted?

At level 65, turning in the heroic mission boxes to Odessen alliance vendors gives you a crate with a random piece of bound-to-legacy adaptive shell (5 sets per class), so with some patience you can eventually collect full sets.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Kinda weird that we're a little more than a week out from the next chapter and no pack preview on Dulfy yet.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Chickenwalker posted:

Kinda weird that we're a little more than a week out from the next chapter and no pack preview on Dulfy yet.

Here's a preview for ya:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Here's a preview for ya:

that should be fun. hope he's an enemy

• Locked thread