Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

InsaneMurmur posted:

I made this, values are from the games LUA files.

This video explains how the numbers work if anyone was wondering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtPxba8nBxg
Awesome, thanks :)

Is it definitely true that green/blue/orange weapons so no more damage than white ones, then? It's just that they have more trait slots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Oranges do more damage.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

Oranges do more damage.

This is definitely true. A blue hatchet will not one-shot a clanrat on Hard without a direct headshot, but an orange will definitely do it against their bodies.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm not sure where the idea that they don't do more damage came from. Green pistols can't bodyshot a clan rat on hard but blue ones can. Blue pistols can't bodyshot a clan rat on nightmare but orange ones can.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

It's been a while since I played but even the game acknowledges that higher tiers do more damage - you can observe it on the little white graphs that are supposed to show you damage etc on the loadout screen.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Digirat posted:

I'm not sure where the idea that they don't do more damage came from. Green pistols can't bodyshot a clan rat on hard but blue ones can. Blue pistols can't bodyshot a clan rat on nightmare but orange ones can.

Yeah I dunno either, but the quickest way to know is such:

Equip an orange pair of dual daggers then power attack a clan rat on Nightmare.

Then equip a white pair of daggers then power attack a clan rat on Nightmare.

The white daggers do not 1 hit kill rats with the power attack. I know that - randomly - rats will die faster than they should or in many cases rats do not die when they should. Looking at you, Ratling Gunner, and your bullshit Iron Man moments when shot directly in the head with 3 hagbane arrows so it's either rats have varying HP or weapons have random bonus damage modifiers. It's not important either way but you get the idea. The most important aspect of playing the game, like a lot of other high intensity splatterfests, is confirming your kills.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 20, 2016

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Worth noting from some random steam guide: Some specials are damage resistant, some are armoured, and the rogre is both I think. The globe rat is DR, gunner is armoured. Or something like that

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Roger isn't armored - armored means light attacks do no damage unless using a weapon with the armor piercing property. Spamming light attacks is definitely the fastest way to damage Roger in melee unless you're using a weapon with exceptionally fast charge attacks such as the rapier.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Lunethex posted:

I am sick of playing with bolt staffers.

Host migration will be the bane of me.

Bolt staff owns. But it's really best for Last Stand where the group needs as much anti-Stormvermin poo poo as possible.

Also if you're not Vegeta-ing rats with the Bolt staff's primary fire, you're doing it wrong.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Was anything important announced in that livestream a few days ago besides that the next few maps were coming out?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Mzbundifund posted:

Roger isn't armored - armored means light attacks do no damage unless using a weapon with the armor piercing property. Spamming light attacks is definitely the fastest way to damage Roger in melee unless you're using a weapon with exceptionally fast charge attacks such as the rapier.

Oh poo poo, I've been doin rogre wrong for a looooong time

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

KillerQueen posted:

Was anything important announced in that livestream a few days ago besides that the next few maps were coming out?

Bunch of "fixes"

New weapons.

I don't watch their livestreams because they aren't having me play the game for them. Though to be fair if I was playing I'd give everyone motion sickness and also probably punch the monitor for being 1080p and only capable of 60fps :kiddo:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Bunch of "fixes"

New weapons.

I don't watch their livestreams because they aren't having me play the game for them. Though to be fair if I was playing I'd give everyone motion sickness and also probably punch the monitor for being 1080p and only capable of 60fps :kiddo:

any word on what the weapons are?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Saltzpyre's getting a new crossbow and Elf is getting a polearm.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We have now manned up to playing Nightmare long levels and just had a run of Wizard's tower where twice, only one person was alive at 1 HP, but we made it through due to a Globadier wasting the slaves attacking the last ward at just the right moment.

And our wizard player got his first decent flaming sword, which he'd been pining for since learning there were flaming swords, from that victory. :unsmith:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I tried getting a session of Vermintide in tonight.

Three separate Magnus runs were the mainstay tonight. First time, crash at the swarm area, in fact everyone crashed. Second round, super speed bug crashed the game. Third time, crashed my PC :dukedog:

I :love: Vermintide.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 21, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hey guys just got my new PC and ready to earn my stripes as junior rat killer!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Bad Moon posted:

Hey guys just got my new PC and ready to earn my stripes as junior rat killer!

Whoops, the game's dead dude, sorry.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Weird, I logged 15 hours in the past two weeks according to Steam. And they've got the DLC dropping this week or next.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bardin's two handed axe is real goddamn good, too. I think maybe I just have a thing for axes.

He could use dual-axes as an additional melee weapon. I need more chopping.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ugh, how am I supposed to get better playing the stupid loving elf if it's always the level 300 playing her? I can't get used to her single target damage when I'm so used to Kruber's room clearing swings.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The key with the elf is that you're a skirmisher. You want a buddy with a big weapon or a shield to keep some of the heat on him while you scurry around the outside of the fight and mow down enemies he's got under control. She can do her own thing, but she and Saltzpyre excel when they don't need to take as much time out of slaughtering to defend.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The game's not dead but it can difficult to find a full group doing exactly the mission and difficulty you want, unless it's magnus on hard. Hopefully the DLC brings some new players in and old players back.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Use Sword & Dagger + Hagbane, be the best character in the game.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

To the surprise of nobody

Splitting their team for a console release was a huge mistake because reports have come in of controller usage being faulty as hell in the game. They can't hope to release a decent product there if the main version is suffering so bad. I crash, literally, and on average, every two-four hours and this is the only game that somehow can crash my whole PC. When people die, it usually crashes, you get the idea.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 23, 2016

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Don't die.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I don't like to be too much of a negative nancy about Vermintide just because it wasn't my bag, but it does seem like Fatshark has really dropped the ball in terms of post-release support. Most of the stuff they've added, like the shrine, or last stand mode, feels less like "woo free DLC!!" and more like basic features being added that maybe should've been in at launch. The shrine and the (still?) upcoming quest system definitely should've been, anyways.

I'd say the idea that a smaller team like theirs could handle maintaining this game on PC while releasing it for the xbox one had to come from publisher interference, but as far as I can tell Fatshark published the game themselves, so I dunno. Just a bit too ambitious, perhaps?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I don't seem to have as many stability issues as others report in the thread, but trying to port it over before the PC version was fully fleshed was probably too ambitious. Hoping the DLC is fully cooked on release, but we'll just have to see. I still enjoy it though and the horde mode can be fun if you get a decent group together. And for finding missions, it really does seem to be a matter of timing. I can always find some, but to run cataclysm or heroic modes it takes showing up at the right moment.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I've never had problems with groups because I just play with people from my Steam Friends.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I rarely have issues with just hopping into higher difficulty games since most players aren't that bad. Occasionally you get some though that aren't so hot though and drag down the game pretty quickly. I've noticed those players, though, are far more common in the last stand mode.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Luckily it ain't too buggy for me. It will occasionally fail to load a level but never crashes the whole machine. Also have yet to not find a game, and if no one is playing a map I'm willing to play I just host and have a full match in 5 mins anyway

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The way the game will not stop giving me Bardin crossbows is extremely triggering.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

If it has master crafted and ammo holder/scavenger + bloodlust it'd be a fine weapon though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh, you misunderstand: I already have a Bardin crossbow with that, as an orange, and so getting 6 successes or whatnot, getting a crossbow, hoping it's for Saltzpyre this time...then wham. Bardin.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Awwwwww yeah, luck trinket. Now to find out how the hell luck works!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

KillerQueen posted:

Awwwwww yeah, luck trinket. Now to find out how the hell luck works!

It just affects the rate at which cursed dice spawn. Aka: it's bad

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Coolguye posted:

It just affects the rate at which cursed dice spawn. Aka: it's bad

Welp, it's only trinket I've got in ages, so it's going on anyways!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
In that case: you're doing gods work

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I heard from a guy I was playing with that it affected sack rat spawns. He said this as we got a rat on every run that evening and he claimed to be wearing dual luck trinkets.

Hax or confirnation bias?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Conratnation bias.

Also, right after complaining about getting so many crossbows I immediately roll an orange Bardin gun. This is the first Bardin gun I've gotten in months.

Go Bardin.

• Locked thread