Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Despera posted:

Frozen you run that locator yet? I can assure you I'm no where near saranen/93pi

lmao is this really what you thought we meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Dalael posted:

No one cares.

No one at all.

Looking I know you are 12 and have no friends but no one cares doesn't work with replies.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

lmao is this really what you thought we meant

Im in test staging

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Oh look, 80 new posts maybe something interesting happe..... :yikes:

I miss Paco already

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

evilweasel posted:

that's the great thing, anyone who doubted (like me) just needs to read your posting to confirm

With the charisma of Sion an arrow for my heart yes?

You're clever. How do you not get this? We don't know one another which gives your little jabs about as much stinging power as Dalael.

Most of the people I do care about and who's words I do value have been pretty decent about the whole space guild thing.

The only exception being Boney who was one of the first people I came to for help when things were tough. He took a running start from the other side of the room and gave me one in the face with all the power he had. And that really stung. But that's not you and you can't do the same.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I mean you think I was scared youd gank my Titan? You guys won't have the balls to drop caps much less supers for years.

Hell you probably couldn't kill a tank less titan that dc'ed on the quafe undock.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

You're clever. How do you not get this? We don't know one another which gives your little jabs about as much stinging power as Dalael.

Most of the people I do care about and who's words I do value have been pretty decent about the whole space guild thing.

The only exception being Boney who was one of the first people I came to for help when things were tough. He took a running start from the other side of the room and gave me one in the face with all the power he had. And that really stung. But that's not you and you can't do the same.

why do you think it's your opinion i care about

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nex posted:

Oh look, 80 new posts maybe something interesting happe..... :yikes:

dont do this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dalael posted:

At this point you're not even trying anymore. You're slinging poo poo and hope it sticks.

I understand and acknowledge your valid angle of rebuttal towards forum poster whatshisname, it is very well conceived and executed. However, i believe it would be prudent to caution you regarding this specific angle, as you do have a bit of a meltdown history, friend.

:)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Shirleys logged on

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so I heard that GSF is winning by not playing eve

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

it's the only way to win

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

how does that make you feel

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

You know what's retarded about what you're saying, other than all of it?

When you say idiotic poo poo like this: "bout as much stinging power as Dalael"
It shows what kind of idiot you actually are. I've rarely if ever taken a jab at you. In fact, when you left GSF and people started dogpiling on you, I mentioned multiple times that it was completely idiotic of them to do so.

Say what you will, if there's someone here who's taken jab at others, its you.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I understand and acknowledge your valid angle of rebuttal towards forum poster whatshisname, it is very well conceived and executed. However, i believe it would be prudent to caution you regarding this specific angle, as you do have a bit of a meltdown history, friend.

:)

If you're talking about that stupid E/N post I did once then... well... I guess you're right :smith:
Which reminds me, I lost the bookmark to that, so if you have it please feel free to link it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Things have gotten really bad again. This thread is closed for a little bit. If you post in the chill thread instead, it will be chill.
I will figure out what to do with some bad, bad posts in this one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello unchill thread. I hope we're feeling good today. I'm still thinking about how to approach this thread, but I wanted you all to know I am not giving up on it. I hate giving up on things, especially people. I'm going to stick with it till the bitter end and I hope that is OK with you.

I may reopen this later tonight with a few extra rules. That is my most likely course of action.

Thank you kindly,
VG

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am going to open this thread again.

All the rules inside the OP remain. No racist/racism (which is pretty standard fare) no talk about doxxing. This involves bringing it up in any capacity, or insinuating that someone is doing it. Let us go back to a gentler, more kinder time of the world when the internet was in its infancy and the very thought of stalking someone's life via electronics was just inconceivable.

Insults need to calm down. Very much so. We're not going to dogpile on people and bring up all manner of offsite sillyness or history

We can talk about the ongoing wars and battles, but we limit it to talking about our alliances and don't make up guesses about how badly an enemy of yours you think is doing. This leads to slapfights.

We're not as chill as chill thread, some steam can be let off here, however there will no longer be any probations for breaking these rules or making the thread awful again. Instead it's going to be a ban straight off.

If we can get through the next fourty eight hours :justposting: and being better than we were, then we will all have made it!

I truly do believe in us.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

All the rules inside the OP remain. No racist/racism (which is pretty standard fare) no talk about doxxing. This involves bringing it up in any capacity, or insinuating that someone is doing it. Let us go back to a gentler, more kinder time of the world when the internet was in its infancy and the very thought of stalking someone's life via electronics was just inconceivable.

Insults need to calm down. Very much so. We're not going to dogpile on people and bring up all manner of offsite sillyness or history

We can talk about the ongoing wars and battles, but we limit it to talking about our alliances and don't make up guesses about how badly an enemy of yours you think is doing. This leads to slapfights.

We're not as chill as chill thread, some steam can be let off here, however there will no longer be any probations for breaking these rules or making the thread awful again. Instead it's going to be a ban straight off.

If we can get through the next fourty eight hours :justposting: and being better than we were, then we will all have made it!

Change we can believe in.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

VideoGames posted:

:allears:

Bless you.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm glad this thread is open again!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

VG best mod.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

mehall posted:

VG best mod.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

In before all the posts sucking up to Videogames. Whoops too late.

It's cool and good this thread is back hopefully people can remain not stupid.

I'm related news I logged into eve today and did some mining because for some reason it was really fun tripping balls to the Evescape.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

vyst posted:

In before all the posts sucking up to Videogames. Whoops too late.

It's cool and good this thread is back hopefully people can remain not stupid.

I'm related news I logged into eve today and did some mining because for some reason it was really fun tripping balls to the Evescape.

i am pretty sure this is the reason everyone mines in the first place

they should make mining lasers play some Grateful Dead or Bob Marley and they'd be rich

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So today I managed to accidentally cause three of my Hobgoblin drones to target, attack and destroy my 4th Hobgoblin drone while a Gurmista Menace was shooting at me.

I wonder what would have gone through his mind watching that.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

i am pretty sure this is the reason everyone mines in the first place

they should make mining lasers play some Grateful Dead or Bob Marley and they'd be rich

I miss the jukebox. I loved making my own playlist. I'm sure I could download the OST and do it myself but :effort:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I still believe this thread is like a dam that holds back the raging river of threadshitting so that the chill thread may live downstream in peace. And every time the dam gets plugged up it leaks :v:

VideoGames posted:

So today I managed to accidentally cause three of my Hobgoblin drones to target, attack and destroy my 4th Hobgoblin drone while a Gurmista Menace was shooting at me.

Who says miners miss out on the joy of tackling their first stargate :3:

But seriously shouldn't VG be using Hornets for Guristas? Although Hobs do hit their secondary damage hole so maybe it's not a huge difference.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

vyst posted:

I miss the jukebox. I loved making my own playlist. I'm sure I could download the OST and do it myself but :effort:

Its all on soundcloud, also there is a *new* option to override the auto generated ambient music with the old music but don't know if you can choose what song to listen to that way

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

VideoGames posted:

That guy was an rear end in a top hat and the other goblins probably hated him anyway.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

VideoGames posted:

When you get a chance I've got a duder for mining fun. It's nice to have something to do when there's not an all hands on dick going on.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
how active is GSF these days? flash forming seems pretty good, but otherwise are people doing much?

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Morris posted:

I still believe this thread is like a dam that holds back the raging river of threadshitting so that the chill thread may live downstream in peace. And every time the dam gets plugged up it leaks :v:

But seriously shouldn't VG be using Hornets for Guristas? Although Hobs do hit their secondary damage hole so maybe it's not a huge difference.

Not sure if this is still the case, but Caldari drones didn't do as much raw damage as the Gallente drones would - meaning that even though you were hitting the secondary resist hole, your DPS was higher.

It's been a while since I've had to rat Guristas, though.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Landsknecht posted:

how active is GSF these days? flash forming seems pretty good, but otherwise are people doing much?

GSF is actually very active here lately. There's an interceptor fleet or bomber fleet going at most hours of the day, plus as you say there are lots of flash forms for defense gangs and Entosis hacking fleets. There's some Ninja ratting going on, plus people are doing lots more exploration than they used to do in Dek.

Honestly, the last time I rejoined I only lasted 3 months or so goofing off in Fortress Dek and making money. This is much more interesting, though to be fair I think the guys who are mostly in it to see their wallet go up may not be loving it. (Unless they have a Hurricane BPO of course)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

War Eagle posted:

(Unless they have a Hurricane BPO of course)

we're doing our best to stop that, though: https://killboard.pandemic-legion.pl/kill/54168666/

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Probably "Beep boop i'm a drone"

LeadSled posted:

Not sure if this is still the case, but Caldari drones didn't do as much raw damage as the Gallente drones would - meaning that even though you were hitting the secondary resist hole, your DPS was higher.

It's been a while since I've had to rat Guristas, though.

They still do more raw DPS, but they rebalanced drones a bit ago. Between the resists of the gurmistas menace, speed, tracking, and range of the drones, you still want to use Hornets for gurmistas. Hell, you still use caldari drones for serpentis.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 22, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Morris posted:

in my very limited experience it doesn't matter much for the small rats that attack you in highsec belts - maybe if you're using T2 drones but for T1s just buy whichever is cheaper

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Today I logged into something weird.

Fun times!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Xolve posted:

Today I logged into something weird.

Fun times!

do wardecs do something in lowsec?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

evilweasel posted:

do wardecs do something in lowsec?

Mostly just the fights on the station in Saranen. We can shoot each other without the station guns joining in on the fun.

• Locked thread