Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

when SSRIs came out, the manufacturers had no idea about brain zaps. they fully tested it , but brain zaps happen on such a small percentage of people that none of their trials found any.

and yet every broke brained person in yospos who takes ssris has experienced them. you're all soooo special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
did we collectively give up on badass consumer grade hologram technology in favor of this bullshit? I can see 100x more uses in projected holograms that everyone can see and interact with instead of dumbass goggles that give you seasickness

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

this current iteration of vr will be big compared to previous attempts, but it sure as poo poo won't be the earth-shattering revolution in gaming, media, EVERYTHING that over enthusiastic nerds claim it will be

at this point it is mostly a way for miserable gamers to purchase more poo poo in an attempt to validate their existence, to make themselves feel better by saying "i own something that you don't"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

and yet every broke brained person in yospos who takes ssris has experienced them. you're all soooo special

yes, i too am getting mad at the mentally ill, because i'm cool and good

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sagebrush posted:

the navy had me on 225mg of effexor a day. i tried to come off that poo poo without stepping down and a day after not having any i could barely stand up because i was so dizzy. as i tapered off, i got zaps, shakes, and vertigo like crazy. it took about 6 months or so after my last pill for me to finally not feel any side effects. gently caress that poo poo never again.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

zap your rear end

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

SO DEMANDING posted:

this current iteration of vr will be big compared to previous attempts, but it sure as poo poo won't be the earth-shattering revolution in gaming, media, EVERYTHING that over enthusiastic nerds claim it will be

at this point it is mostly a way for miserable gamers to purchase more poo poo in an attempt to validate their existence, to make themselves feel better by saying "i own something that you don't"

GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE!

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
sadbrains make it sound like doctors don't really know what pill or how much will work for any given brain, so they just cycle through different pills and doses until something works, but hopefully half-lives and contraindications don't become a problem before then, and hopefully u don't run out of pills or decide to quit cold turkey and have a psychotic break!

what if instead of rebalancing the brain chemical soups, ppl fixed the problem and not symptoms? idk, i'm no doctor or patient, maybe discovering confronting and accepting things is hard, or some ppl brains so hosed they either gotta eat pills or live in a monastery

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
there's a reason you should see psychologists and psychiatrists - any one part on their own is not enough. the psychiatrist hopefully gives you compatible meds which give you the strength to actually function in daily life and give you the ability to communicate effectively with your psychologist instead of being a blubbering mess the moment you start thinking or talking about your issues.

mental health is hard to understand looking in from the outside, don't be assholes

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

man up. broke brain bitches. buy Apple products.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BONGHITZ posted:

man up. broke brain bitches. buy Apple products.

this brings me pleasure, kevin

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a whole forum for wallowing in self pity , and it ain't this one.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Dodoman posted:

there's a reason you should see psychologists and psychiatrists - any one part on their own is not enough. the psychiatrist hopefully gives you compatible meds which give you the strength to actually function in daily life and give you the ability to communicate effectively with your psychologist instead of being a blubbering mess the moment you start thinking or talking about your issues.

mental health is hard to understand looking in from the outside, don't be assholes

Yes, take the brain-damaging substances we discovered accidentally that nuke the delicate neurochemical equilibrium first THEN talk to a psych. YOSPOS > Apple 2016:I want to get my cock ripped off in perfect crystal clear 8k VR by my hare

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I smoke hella weed for my brain problems and am a proud owner of many Apple, Inc. products.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Dodoman posted:

i agree. i thought the point of the pills was a temporary way to get u up and out of ur depressed ooda loop and open to expressing urself and confronting ur issues and attacking the disease not the symptom with the steady hand of a trained professional by ur side, but it sound like just as many ppl take the pills forever instead of just for a quick boost to open u up for dissection

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

There's a whole forum for wallowing in self pity , and it ain't this one.

Agreed. Mental health FuckTards begone to elsewhere to continue this line of discourse or prepare to be probed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

edit: Apple is good

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i like apple computer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

it sucks

Triglav posted:

i like apple computer

Fail.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

Smythe posted:

Agreed. Mental health FuckTards begone to elsewhere to continue this line of discourse or prepare to be probed

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
how about them apples?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

10.11.5 was just released and it's quite good.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Get an avatar. Or smythe give him an Apple AIDS Crew one.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Im a clumsy idiot and scratched the hell out of my small edition. I was trying to use it while getting dressed and dropped it and in my attempt to catch it I accidentally stepped on it and slid it face down along the floor. that's my apple product update for May 22nd 2016

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

has this ever happened to you

THC posted:

dropped it and in my attempt to catch it I accidentally stepped on it and slid it face down along the floor

well now there's not being a clown, by oxyclean

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
No problem with that screen scratch buddy. Just replace your $2 tempered screen protector with another one!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the upshot is most of the scratches are over the FaceTime camera so my acne-ridden skin and terrible oral health are partially masked by blurry shots

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

THC posted:

Im a clumsy idiot and scratched the hell out of my small edition. I was trying to use it while getting dressed and dropped it and in my attempt to catch it I accidentally stepped on it and slid it face down along the floor. that's my apple product update for May 22nd 2016

thought mental illness chat was probateable?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I smoke hella weed for my brain problems and am a proud owner of many Apple, Inc. products.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

THC posted:

I don't usually say this because they are for babies with no motor skills but perhaps you should consider getting a case for your phone

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

The Management posted:

vr is going to be big, it's a legit thing. but not the walking around an empty room, tethered to a pc version. it's going to be a couch thing, and it will be social stuff, not video games.

i thought this until I actually used a vive. Room scale VR is actually real cool. gently caress the couch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Amethyst posted:

i thought this until I actually used a vive. Room scale VR is actually real cool. gently caress the couch

I'm planning on using VR to gently caress the couch. Literally.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Going to live out my days as a pillow humping sissy. Oculus strapped to my head with my nazi fetish ASMR videos streaming until im completely depleted of my useless and unwanted seed.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Smythe posted:

Going to live out my days as a pillow humping sissy. Oculus strapped to my head with my nazi fetish ASMR videos streaming until im completely depleted of my useless and unwanted seed.

for the most part, same

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
timothy, release the new notebooks. Mrs. Forstall's old MBA needs replacing bad

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Triglav posted:

i thought the point of the pills was a temporary way to get u up and out of ur depressed ooda loop and open to expressing urself and confronting ur issues and attacking the disease not the symptom with the steady hand of a trained professional by ur side, but it sound like just as many ppl take the pills forever instead of just for a quick boost to open u up for dissection

right? like these pussies who take insulin all their lives instead of having their pancreas man up and start making that poo poo.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

wouldnt it be that their pancreas made too much and broke? at least type 2

idk i dont hospital

insulin seems to be the biz to go into tho. so many new customers and you can just crank up the prices a few percent every month cuz all the other suppliers are doing it with u

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Scott Forstall posted:

timothy, release the new notebooks. Mrs. Forstall's old MBA needs replacing bad

aside: maybe forstall was actually good? like a bunch of the skeumorphism was bad, but as I recall the main reason he got canned was jony didn't like him and they wanted a fall guy for maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

DuckConference posted:

aside: maybe forstall was actually good? like a bunch of the skeumorphism was bad, but as I recall the main reason he got canned was jony didn't like him and they wanted a fall guy for maps

don't know about those rumors, but jony's software legacy is a system full of over-engineered, over-gestured, and over-flattened crashy apps

i just don't see the discipline anymore, and if that was forstall's doing, then yeah he was good

• Locked thread