Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

LingcodKilla posted:

Dude that chaise is bomb.

Ethan Allen floor display, on closeout, bought it for $12xx delivered. It's going to cost more to ship to west coast than the total i paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Wanamingo posted:

On sale for :10bux: at my local grocery store

:hfive:

The peppermint is the best one too, especially if you're out hiking. Ticks hate that stuff and will leave you the gently caress alone if you bathe in it beforehand

Frank Dux
Jun 19, 2005

A whole lot of these.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

OSU_Matthew posted:

:hfive:

The peppermint is the best one too, especially if you're out hiking. Ticks hate that stuff and will leave you the gently caress alone if you bathe in it beforehand

Hell yeah.

If you use the unscented diluted in water, you can spray it on a good number of plants and a lot of bugs will leave them alone.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of boat shoes, I bought these.

Top photo was obviously an early design. This is the final product, same packaging though.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I much prefer the original design. The current ones are truer to the poster, but the smaller woman and wonky nose hardly seem worth it. The soles and blood splatter on the ankle are a nice touch though.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Tim Whatley posted:

Top photo was obviously an early design. This is the final product, same packaging though.

Like the other guy said, I understand recreating the movie poster on the shoes, but Lord-Almighty the toe end of a shoe is already in a shark shape. They practically design themselves.

Someone good at Photoshop should do a mock-up of what the 'correct' way is.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I agree with that, but they don't look that weird in person.

There's a few other designs:
http://www.journeys.com/search?keywords=sperry+jaws

(Sperry proper has been pretty much sold out since they announced them. New England FTW.)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought some books. Even though I don't have that much time too read

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The local Movie Stop is going out of business and they have all new DVD/BR at 20% off and used at 40% off.

There was nothing new I wanted or needed, so I upgraded my DVD copies of Pulp Fiction and Apollo 13 to BR.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

Someone broke that poor sharks nose.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Digital Jedi posted:

Bought some books. Even though I don't have that much time too read

Good thing you didn't buy any rambling books that go on forever and ever

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tonight I am going to buy Overwatch.

Tell my family... hello.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Tonight I am going to buy Overwatch.

Tell my family... hello.

We'll see you in three months. :patriot:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Tell my family... hello.

What makes a make turn neutral?

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004
Touch It.. No I dont want to... TOUCH IT!

Wanamingo posted:

Decided my pillow game needed a bit of a shakeup

Do you have a link for this?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

DaRealAce posted:

Do you have a link for this?

http://www.amazon.com/PharMeDoc-Memory-Foam-Pillow-Cooling/dp/B016E4TLV4/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

We have a very political relationship.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I spend about 10 hours a week commuting so Audible sales are very hard for me to resist.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I spend about 10 hours a week commuting so Audible sales are very hard for me to resist.

While probably an epically long audio book, Richard Rhodes' "The Making of the Atomic Bomb" is a fascinating read - a detailed, thorough history of how the Atomic age came to be.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

colas posted:

A half a press

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

MeatwadIsGod posted:

SPQR is really, really good.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I got some Edy's Outshine fruit popsicles. They're delicious, and apparently they smell good to dogs.

E: my wife thinks the strawberry rhubarb is good, but my tangerine ones are kickass.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

CaseFace McGee posted:

I got some Edy's Outshine fruit popsicles. They're delicious, and apparently they smell good to dogs.

E: my wife thinks the strawberry rhubarb is good, but my tangerine ones are kickass.

Dog should be in the cute thread.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I rented the new Doom game at Redbox the other day and I got a little obsessed so I bought it just now. $35 shipped on eBay in a generic jewel case. Almost certainly stolen, but who am I to judge?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Had to get some pills for the dogs:

Had to get some new lightbulbs for the lizards:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ArmZ posted:

i looked on the spec sheet, the pedals are actually alloy. dumbass.

The bike in the photo has plastic pedals so excuse me for believing that a company willing to photo their goods would actually put the correct supplied parts on for a photoshoot.

And the pedals supplied are alloy? Wow, that makes them worth a whole $5 more than the plastic ones and fits perfectly with the rest of the lovely Chinese alloy parts they supply the bike with. :allears:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
decided to get some good headphones since the teacher's room at my school is stupid huge and filled with people who talk constantly. Also to use in cafe's and at home when the baby is sleeping and I need to get some work done

I hope they are as good as what I've read

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

KingColliwog posted:

decided to get some good headphones since the teacher's room at my school is stupid huge and filled with people who talk constantly. Also to use in cafe's and at home when the baby is sleeping and I need to get some work done

I have had a pair of MDR-V6 for almost a year now. They are almost the same as the 7506. They sound great and are very comfortable. Good purchase.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
We used those at the radio station, they're classic workhorse cans. I personally found my ATH ones more comfy, but that's purely personal preference.

You'll love those.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

TotalLossBrain posted:

I have had a pair of MDR-V6 for almost a year now. They are almost the same as the 7506. They sound great and are very comfortable. Good purchase.

I got an ancient set of beat-up MDRs from a garage sale, I used them until they literally fell apart. Even though they were in terrible shape, they still had great sound and were very comfortable even though the ear pad coverings were flaking off from age. If they still make them like that, then it's a solid purchase.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

88h88 posted:

The bike in the photo has plastic pedals so excuse me for believing that a company willing to photo their goods would actually put the correct supplied parts on for a photoshoot.

no it doesn't

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

CaseFace McGee posted:

I got an ancient set of beat-up MDRs from a garage sale, I used them until they literally fell apart. Even though they were in terrible shape, they still had great sound and were very comfortable even though the ear pad coverings were flaking off from age. If they still make them like that, then it's a solid purchase.

I had a buddy give a pair to me. They were probably the best headphones I ever had, and I used them till they broke as well. Gonna replace them with some V-Moda's soon!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ArmZ posted:

no it doesn't

Why are you trying so hard to white knight a company selling $250 dollar bikes for a grand, man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1cGtj66lOI

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

88h88 posted:

And the pedals supplied are alloy? Wow, that makes them worth a whole $5 more than the plastic ones and fits perfectly with the rest of the lovely Chinese alloy parts they supply the bike with. :allears:

They are most definitely alloy, but I agree with you they skimped on some of the parts. The parts skimped on are the ones most immediately replaced by anyone who rides more than a few miles a day. Those alloy spindles won't hold up to poo poo.

Got this turntable to go with the TV as they are both high resolution audio compatible. I also liked the built in Phono EQ for line out functionality.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

KingColliwog posted:

I have the same ones. It took me a little while to get used to sound they produce (the high end frequencies can be a little annoying at first), but now I love 'em.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

This, but unonionronically

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This, but unonionronically

A lot more MDs and lawyers smoke the reefer than you know, in my experience.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

We've been using various Sony MDR's at our video production studio and in the field since the 90's. I think the pair I'm using right now I've had at least 12 years. If the earpads ever start crumbling you can get velour replacements which I recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Even though it's a generic store brand, it's better than name brand like breyers, and dreyers. They put tons of cookie dough in it, and its soft and fresh.

I let it sit for 15 minutes, because it brings the flavor out, and I like when it's partly melted.

No i'm not fat or diabetic (yet).