Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Watching deadpool a second time, I still liked it.

I suspect I will watch it again a couple more times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw Green Lantern in the hopes that Deadpool would get made. :wtc:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Watched this for the first time. Had avoided a lot of information about it. It seemed to match, for better or for worse, Deadpool comic books. There were some fun jokes and some cool action scenes, but the thing just reeks of trying too hard and an over-reliance on immaturity. Perhaps I'm not the audience for something like this, but a lot of the jokes were just needlessly cruel or crass without much cleverness.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

well why not posted:

Perhaps I'm not the audience for something like this, but a lot of the jokes were just needlessly cruel or crass without much cleverness.

Yeah, I don't think Deadpool is your thing.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

And yet, still leagues ahead of ol' Kev Smith.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I saw Green Lantern in the hopes that Deadpool would get made. :wtc:

You did it wrong then, because if Green Lantern had been a hit they'd have made the sequels Reynolds was contracted for, and Deadpool would have been totally off the table.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My logic was, if he became a big enough star he would've had carte blanche to do whatever he wanted.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Kind of like when Affleck got to ruin Daredevil AND Batman.

(Although none of the 80 bajillion flaws with Green Lantern are Ryan Reynolds' fault)

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Kind of like when Affleck got to ruin Daredevil AND Batman.

(Although none of the 80 bajillion flaws with Green Lantern are Ryan Reynolds' fault)

You could say the same thing about Batman vs Superman.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Plucky Brit posted:

You could say the same thing about Batman vs Superman.

That's absolutey correct, none of the 80 bajillion flaws with Batman v Superman are Ryan Reynolds' fault

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A lot of people think Affleck is perfect as Batman.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He's pretty dang great.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The MSJ posted:

A lot of people think Affleck is perfect as Batman.

A lot of people think Trump should be president, too.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A lot of people think Trump should be president, too.
Crazy billionaire willing to watch the world burn as long as he leaves his mark? Hmmm sounds familiar ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSFEaxJiVuE

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Picked up my Blu Ray and movie is still amazing. And holy balls, the gag reel is amazing.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:pray:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes? Yes.

I watched Deadpool at home, kind of expecting to find it crass and try-hard. I ended up liking it a lot.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I believe I mentioned earlier that he also voiced Deathstroke/Slade, lending a bit of an injoke, as well as looking about right.

It's great that people are actually campaigning to be in the sequel.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BizarroAzrael posted:

I believe I mentioned earlier that he also voiced Deathstroke/Slade, lending a bit of an injoke, as well as looking about right.

It's great that people are actually campaigning to be in the sequel.

Now that it's the biggest Fox franchise, how many X-men do you think will show up in the sequel, and how many of them will be crossovers?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Now that it's the biggest Fox franchise, how many X-men do you think will show up in the sequel, and how many of them will be crossovers?

I'm guessing "as many as they want." They'd probably even change the actors and have Deadpool joke about it.

Supposedly they don't want to make Deadpool 2 into a huge extravaganza movie though, which is probably the real limitation to how much crossover madness they do.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Technically so does Stephen Lang :goonsay:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Isn't Cable not really old, he's just got white hair for some reason besides his age?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The descriptive audio track on the Blu-Ray is hilarious, especially the opening shot.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
My own personal choice (mostly because I've been watching Banshee and Generation Kill)

That jawline is amazing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I'm okay with this if he bulks up a fuckload. I don't know if he'd want to ingest that much HGH at his age, though.

Unoriginal Name posted:

My own personal choice (mostly because I've been watching Banshee and Generation Kill)

That jawline is amazing.

Really, a Banshee actor and not Langley Kirkwood?

Dye the hair white and you've basically got Cable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Unoriginal Name posted:

That jawline is amazing.

That's not his real voice, is it?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Ron Pearlman is great but he's also 66 years old, and Lang is 63. Anything is possible, but that seems to be kind of pushing it?

Then again Deadpool is by design insane so who knows?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Poala Bear posted:

What if... Every scene they just cycled a different actor for Cable? Even Kiera.

I still stand by this.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Isn't Cable not really old, he's just got white hair for some reason besides his age?

Well which version of Cable are you talking about? He does so much time travel that his actual age is ambiguous at best, and that's before taking into account the fact that he's died and come back a few times (and in a few different ways). But even when he's forcefully grown at an accelerated pace from a baby his hair goes from brown to white very quickly- whether this is a manifestation of his mutant powers, stress, a side-effect of the accelerated growth process, or he's just prone to premature graying isn't something that has really been addressed to me knowledge. I'm pretty sure his "default" is just defined as being a mature but physically robust man who is older than his father.

LGD fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 20, 2016

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Poala Bear posted:

I still stand by this.

They all have to have the same voice though. Alternatively, they all use their actual voice, but for different actors. So Lundgren's voice out of Perlman's face etc.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Poala Bear posted:

I still stand by this.
All Cable actors do all of the scenes. These are arranged into different versions that are distributed to different theaters, Clue-style.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fish Noise posted:

All Cable actors do all of the scenes. These are arranged into different versions that are distributed to different theaters, Clue-style.

The studio refuses to acknowledge this and insists Cable is played by Kiera Knightly.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Nope, he's got a normal voice in Banshee. He also does a good job being physically imposing as gently caress.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Thor Björnsson (or whatever his name is) (The Mountain #3 from GoT)

Grey Wig

Costume

Done.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I was taken aback when I saw him in the first House of Cards episode and he had a normal voice. He just is Godfather in my mind.

"Fun" fact: he's the weirdo in orange who kidnaps that family in Unbreakable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

I was taken aback when I saw him in the first House of Cards episode and he had a normal voice. He just is Godfather in my mind.

"Fun" fact: he's the weirdo in orange who kidnaps that family in Unbreakable.

Whaaat? That's amazing.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Thor Björnsson (or whatever his name is) (The Mountain #3 from GoT)

Grey Wig

Costume

Done.

Too bad he can't act like at all.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
So after watching again, I finally realized what the musical cues in some of the scenes reminded me of: Blue Monday, by New Order. Never goes past 4 or 5 notes, but it certainly seems to influence that cue.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm reading myself some Deadpool & Cable and I hope they just go with that exact plot of the first ten or so issues for the sequel. Maybe condense some of the secondary characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my one gripe with Deadpool the movie is that, while Ryan Reynolds is pretty good in the role, the whole "spurting-out-random-crass-words-when-surprised" side gag is so mid 2000s

• Locked thread