Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
This guy looks like he should be in some basement playing halo and eating doritos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

13Pandora13 posted:

This guy is so goddamn uncharasmatic Yara's incredulous "you're going to seduce the dragon queen?" is the most believably delivered line this season.

I'm already predicting/hoping Euron gets Doraned at the beginning of the next season

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
How big of a population are we talking here for the Iron Isles?

I get the picture of a thousand ships with enough crewmen for a dozen.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn show Euron sucks.

Gonna be a lot of disappointed people expecting him to be the new Red Viper lol

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Cutting directly from Tyrion getting the idea to send for the High Priestess of the Red Temple of Volantis to her actually standing there in Meereen is one of the more egregious timesaving shortcuts the show has done, really

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

How big of a population are we talking here for the Iron Isles?

I get the picture of a thousand ships with enough crewmen for a dozen.

I get the picture of a thousand ships being built by a dozen crewmen quick enough to catch up with Yara and Theon's headstart.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Jorah the Andal with the Flaming Arm.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Mouse Dresser posted:

Well, I actually cried at "Hold the door."

gently caress, man. Poor Hodor. :smith:

Does someone have that gif of Mohinder of Heroes holding that door shut while the power rave is happening behind it?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Jesus In A Can posted:

Jorah the Andal with the Flaming Arm.

Jorah the Andal gives all the white walkers greyscale.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
"His name is Brandon Stark. It's quite complicated really, he can time travel now, I dunno"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
You know I can't believe I'm saying this but van Houten's scenery chewing actually fits a cultist fanatic, whereas Kinvara seems a little bit too tame and unimpressive.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Okay the shot of the army of White Walkers was pretty dope. At first it just looked like a forest on a mountainside.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So about this scene, did the Night's King know that Bran was gong to get bored and do some unsupervised greenseeing and so he timed his arrival perfectly or has he just been outside the tree chilling for a year hoping?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

I get the picture of a thousand ships being built by a dozen crewmen quick enough to catch up with Yara and Theon's headstart.

I hope that in a few episodes they have a Euron scene where he goes down to the docks to inspect his fleet and finding nothing gets told that he should have noticed there aren't any loving trees to chop down.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

poo poo, he goes by playground rules

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

This is the spoiler thread

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That episode was real bad yall

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RC Cola posted:

This is the spoiler thread

I realized.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So about this scene, did the Night's King know that Bran was gong to get bored and do some unsupervised greenseeing and so he timed his arrival perfectly or has he just been outside the tree chilling for a year hoping?

He is supposed to be Daenerys' counterpart, so accordingly he is just sitting there doing nothing instead of marching South as he should be.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
"Hold the door" was bad enough on its own, but having the actor actually morph that into "hodor" within the same scene so quickly was just insulting. GRRM is an absolutely terrible author and I'm ashamed I ever liked this series.

Moltke fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 23, 2016

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

So I guess we are just supposed to accept that Hodor has always been older than Ned Stark

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
WTF was that Brienne x Tormund bread crumbs! We want a full fledged story and it's own spin off series ala "Will they or won't they?"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Linguica posted:

So I guess we are just supposed to accept that Hodor has always been older than Ned Stark

lol I didn't even think of that.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

There was always something inherently funny about seeing Max von Sydow just sitting around surrounded by treebranches. I'm sad to see him go.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lol the behind the scenes featurette has D&D confirming that the night king is "absolute evil" so I expect a whole lot of bitching and moaning coming soon

e: hahaah D&D SAYS HODOR IS CANON

HODOR IS GRRM CANON AAAAAAHAHAHA

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lezard_valeth posted:

WTF was that Brienne x Tormund bread crumbs! We want a full fledged story and it's own spin off series ala "Will they or won't they?"

You'll have to wait for the Jon Snow series

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Hahahahaha that ending, like holy poo poo were they trying to be emotional because like...miserable failure.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
So I guess Ghost gets killed next week.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I dunno, I was really sad to see Hodor die. My brother is mentally challenged so I've always had a soft spot for those kind of characters.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Moltke posted:

"Hold the door" was bad enough on its own, but having the actor actually morph that into "hodor" within the same scene so quickly was just insulting. GRRM is an absolutely terrible author and I'm ashamed I ever liked this series.

Linguica posted:

The fact that these are what you two are focusing on may, uh, be pretty convincing symptoms of sociopathy...:stare:

Great episode. I'm genuinely sad about that last scene.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Linguica posted:

lol the behind the scenes featurette has D&D confirming that the night king is "absolute evil" so I expect a whole lot of bitching and moaning coming soon

e: hahaah D&D SAYS HODOR IS CANON

We allready knew it was canon based of stuff grrm has said in the past.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah, the hodor stuff was fine.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

There was always something inherently funny about seeing Max von Sydow just sitting around surrounded by treebranches. I'm sad to see him go.

Yeah, although admittedly they kind of wasted him, which is a shame.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Linguica posted:

your weird.

also if they were just gonna do that idk why they bothered with max von sydow instead of getting some dude with 10% the fee and a higher tolerance for bullshit to do cool bloodraven makeup on

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Majorian posted:

The fact that these are what you two are focusing on may, uh, be pretty convincing symptoms of sociopathy...:stare:

Great episode. I'm genuinely sad about that last scene.

you're honestly telling me that the only authorized opinion is to be crying about a character death despite how lovely the writing and scene were?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
man am I worried about Winds of Winter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Majorian posted:

Yes how dare they not cry at FantasyCharacterNº356's death! Clearly these two guys need to be behind bars for the sake of all mankind.

• Locked thread