Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
housefly
Sep 11, 2001

FunkyBean posted:

I just got this game tonight and it is so laggy it's unplayable. Is it because my ps4 is on wifi or does the game just do this sometimes?

Sometimes it just does it. But to the point where it's unplayable is rare. Make sure your NAT is open to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Call of Duty fanfic book club meet up again tonight and we learned about the horror of War in Spongebob and the Rugrats COD crossovers
:rip: Pearl and her baby

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Any of my PS4 buddies going to be playing Overwatch on PC? If so let me know and add me, Trout#1390 on b.net

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Sitting at the gas station filling up before work and I see some kid, can't be older than 6, flailing about trying to do the taunts from Blops. Particularly Swerve and Dab. I didn't care for the taunt before but now that I've seen a kid flop around in such a spastic manner I approve.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Activision knows its target audience better than anyone else in the industry, that's for sure.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Troutz posted:

Any of my PS4 buddies going to be playing Overwatch on PC? If so let me know and add me, Trout#1390 on b.net

Just sent you a friend request. I'm Javes#1152 for anyone else.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Is this going to be the week where we see contracts actually implemented? I mean, Overwatch drops tomorrow. It would make sense, right?

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

housefly posted:

Is this going to be the week where we see contracts actually implemented? I mean, Overwatch drops tomorrow. It would make sense, right?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if 3arch implemented every missing feature and gave everyone a free weapon bribe on Tuesday

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Troutz posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if 3arch implemented every missing feature and gave everyone a double weapon XP weekend the week before CoD: Infinite comes out

ftfy

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Every time I see these four letters I immediately think the person is saying "gently caress this gently caress you"

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

housefly posted:

Every time I see these four letters I immediately think the person is saying "gently caress this gently caress you"
...you mean they're not?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Glad I'm not the only one.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Kizurue posted:

Sitting at the gas station filling up before work and I see some kid, can't be older than 6, flailing about trying to do the taunts from Blops. Particularly Swerve and Dab. I didn't care for the taunt before but now that I've seen a kid flop around in such a spastic manner I approve.

just fyi those are two of the 'biggest' dance moves of the last, oh, two years and thats why they were put in the game. that kid wasnt doing taunts from blops, he was doing contemporary dance moves and i feel crazy having to explain that

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

nmfree posted:

...you mean they're not?

smdh stands for "Suck my dick, haters."

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My emblem is now the 'My Shoes. You are a dog' from these old SA photoshops

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

TMMadman posted:

My emblem is now the 'My Shoes. You are a dog' from these old SA photoshops

Still good enough to get me chuckling.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yay, I got a Marshal! :neckbeard: I am so happy, it really is a "lol no- I win" :smug: gun.

Troutz posted:

I don't understand how to snipe in this game. I just can't do it. How the gently caress do you snipe? Everyone is moving so fast. It's 2x XP and I want to prestige some sniper rifles.

Gonna upload two sniping vids on Fringe and Hunted for you, in an hour or so.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A summary guide to sniping (PC)

1. Drakon: long-range, scope in and tap fire button. mid-close range, spam the fire button and maybe scope in at some point.
2. Locus: if you are a practised quickscoper you can do that with this rifle, otherwise you will have to snipe
3. P-06: practise with the delay, once you get used to it you can now use the rifle the best way which is to fire then scope in - this gives you aiming speed of hipfiring with the accuracy of a quickscope and is ridiculously good
4. SVG: this is the actual sniper rifle but it compensates by sounding loving incredible when fired.

Advanced players - once you unlock the ELO just use every single one of them as an assault rifle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

In addition, the difference between a mouse sniper and a pad user is far, far greater than that of any of the other weapon classes.
The best upgrade to sniping on console Call of Duty is a mouse and keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duNtU59PTmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fik95i0alZc

I stand by my opinion that you should only snipe against crap players (unless you own a mouse).

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 23, 2016

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

just fyi those are two of the 'biggest' dance moves of the last, oh, two years and thats why they were put in the game. that kid wasnt doing taunts from blops, he was doing contemporary dance moves and i feel crazy having to explain that

I'm still going to believe he was attempting to do the taunts because everything should be blamed on video games and the parents who let their children to play them. :colbert:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Macys posted:

In addition, the difference between a mouse sniper and a pad user is far, far greater than that of any of the other weapon classes.

Being able to use a keyboard and mouse kind of irritates me.

One of the reasons I liked console FPS gaming is because I was never good with mouse/KB controls and I liked that everyone was essentially equal using the console controllers. Sure, you could change the sensitivity and perhaps the button layout, but you still had the same device was in everyones hands.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Well, now there's money to be made on them there Youtubes! :pcgaming:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I think I need to look through my settings and turn on the option that lets my voice be heard on recordings.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Xbros, can we get a BO1 group going tomorrow? I know 4 of you have it.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

TMMadman posted:

One of the reasons I liked console FPS gaming is because I was never good with mouse/KB controls and I liked that everyone was essentially equal using the console controllers. Sure, you could change the sensitivity and perhaps the button layout, but you still had the same device was in everyones hands.

maybe you shouldn't suck?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I LOVE Summit but goddamn *sound of doritos*

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Im drunk and streaming https://www.twitch.tv/The_fuzzinator

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Streaming superior PC play

https://www.twitch.tv/rbxbot

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

This is the level of skill you have on the PC where nobody's stuck in controller slum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1nUru-ewEo

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Mister Macys posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duNtU59PTmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fik95i0alZc

I stand by my opinion that you should only snipe against crap players (unless you own a mouse).

is this some sort of joke, or are you trying to show how bad pad players are?

i guarantee you there are people a lot sicker than this who play on pad, it's just that there aren't very many videos of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns1r0sgmOeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddZ4TwpQFV8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYKh5dV_Juc

i've tried the campy trip mine style play depiced in your vids and they are just unfun compared to shooting (and missing) a lot, but playing more offensively like those ppl

orly fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 23, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

orly posted:

is this some sort of joke, or are you trying to show how bad pad players are?

i guarantee you there are people a lot sicker than this who play on pad, it's just that there aren't very many videos of them:

*edited videos*
*loving lol 1v1*- something that hasn't existed in what, five years now? Like that's a realistic depiction of real world conditions... :rolleyes:

i've tried the campy trip mine style play depiced in your vids and they are just unfun compared to shooting (and missing) a lot, but playing more offensively like those ppl

Enh, I don't have ADHD or a free ritalin prescription, and I'm not paid to try. Also, I refuse to quickscope on principal. I will not contribute to Robert Bowling's worldview at any and all costs.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 23, 2016

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Kizurue posted:

I'm still going to believe he was attempting to do the taunts because everything should be blamed on video games and the parents who let their children to play them. :colbert:
To be honest, it could go either way. The number of parents who I've sold a copy of CoD or GTA to, then they've turned around and given it to their knee-high brat isn't even worth counting anymore.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You can't really refute solid gameplay videos showing good kdr and team play with a collection of some guy's greatest hits.

Like, he has a lot of good advice on how to play with a locus (and his advice is very locus specific), but it's literally over the same streak footage shown in the third video - it's not on top of a full game where he's crushing the poo poo out of the opposition calling out enemy positions and share packaging.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I don't mind if they cherry pick their battles, but show the entire footage.
Games aren't won in a series of highlight reels; there's a lot of stuff that happens in the meantime, and how you react to it matters.
Context is very important to me. My videos are with goons, starring goons, and for goons. And gently caress anybody who hasn't paid :10bux:.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 23, 2016

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Well it's been nice knowing you all, but starting this evening I will be crushing some Overwatch on PC pretty much exclusively. Maybe I'll hop on PSN once in awhile to laugh at you controller-mashing plebs for a bit.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

TMMadman posted:

For what it's worth, you are still bound to the games settings for the most part when you do use kb/m. It really is more of a comfort thing.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

KingShiro posted:

For what it's worth, you are still bound to the games settings for the most part when you do use kb/m. It really is more of a comfort thing.

90% this, I will say KB+M gives an edge in going from precision aiming to quick turning though.

Mister Macys posted:

I don't mind if they cherry pick their battles, but show the entire footage.
Games aren't won in a series of highlight reels; there's a lot of stuff that happens in the meantime, and how you react to it matters.
Context is very important to me. My videos are with goons, starring goons, and for goons. And gently caress anybody who hasn't paid :10bux:.

This is highly important too. The best part of playing with goons is that because you paid your :10bux: you are no longer a pubby scrub regardless of KD

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Mill Village posted:

I've got BO1 - I keep trying to boost slide in it

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

I will probably be on tonight blopping it up on 360 with a couple other people so if you don't have a full party we can merge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Time to dust off the xbone (and the xim4) for good old blops? I think so!

(GT: ASaggyClothCat)

• Locked thread