Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
overewatch isnt even a moba-lite, how is a class based shooter a "moba" now. just because blizzard decided to describe it that way because loltrash wouldnt play it otherwise doesnt mean that its actually a moba fps like super monday night combat or battleborn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I mean technically it's multiplayer, online, and you battle in what amounts to an arena, but MOBA is a terrible term that really just means DotA-like and Overwatch isn't one of those.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ranked up. Dude on my dude team goes 43k. We lose 14-16. I get 9 kills.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

the valve moba counter-stroke; goblin orifices is bad because they dont add new champs and it is basically just a game of economics. obv the team with more gold is gonna win. they need to make it so everyone starts with the same amount of gold every round.

thanks 4 reading 😜

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Overwatch is just TF2 with none of the bloated lovely nonsense, just pure skill-shooting and class abilities. Harkens back to tfc in a way.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Smithereens posted:

the valve moba counter-stroke; goblin orifices is bad because they dont add new champs and it is basically just a game of economics. obv the team with more gold is gonna win. they need to make it so everyone starts with the same amount of gold every round.

thanks 4 reading 😜

this guy gets it

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

SealHammer posted:

Overwatch is just TF2 with none of the bloated lovely nonsense, just pure skill-shooting and class abilities. Harkens back to tfc in a way.

you got that backwards, overwatch is tf2 with a bunch stupid moba poo poo

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Like what

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
For a lot of people, league is going to be the first game they played where characters get a few abilities and an ultimate. Going to overwatch, its a pretty easy reference to make, especially because they lay it out similarly. Obviously for all the old goon neckbears who played WoW or whatever, clearly ultimate abilities, players controlling a single character, and fighting over objectives in small skirmishes are not unique to mobas. But that's going to be the thought process for new and younger players, of which there are countless hundreds of thousands.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

online friend posted:

also i would play goonmans if the loving steam group didn't send out fifty announcements in the span of a minute

yeah okay buddy

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

NTT posted:

For a lot of people, league is going to be the first game they played where characters get a few abilities and an ultimate. Going to overwatch, its a pretty easy reference to make, especially because they lay it out similarly. Obviously for all the old goon neckbears who played WoW or whatever, clearly ultimate abilities, players controlling a single character, and fighting over objectives in small skirmishes are not unique to mobas. But that's going to be the thought process for new and younger players, of which there are countless hundreds of thousands.

theres no creeps and no gold and no xp and no items, it's a stupid comparison and you smell!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Overwatch: Blizzard TF2 in 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's tf2

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

exethan posted:

It's tf2

But somehow dumber. Somehow.

e: 1600 @ 1 in game

Unbound fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 23, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1.75@500

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

I recently switched to the same effective DPI as Fallen/Coldzera, around 800/900.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I lowered my sens again a couple of days ago. 1.25 @ 800

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

1.18 @ 450 master race.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

2.1@400

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sens chat is how csgo thread self-stims

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
700@9 (in overwatch)

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I posted this over in sub.io as well, but if you'e getting into overwatch and want to play with some of the cs goons, here is a spreadsheet to drop your battle.net id in to so we can all know

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g_ENlsKJ-hVaBO-73Tx9ZtMMKL7-8BH47kbG9G2q08I/edit?usp=sharing

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
1.6-2.0@400, with a dpi shifter thumb button that does 2x to my dpi until I let go.

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
Legit sens/dpi question: is it better to run a higher dpi and lower sens or does it make no difference?

Example: 2@400 vs 1@800

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

2.6@800

Played too much tf2 and now Doom to drop it lower.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OxySnake posted:

2.6@800

Played too much tf2 and now Doom to drop it lower.
I played ~500 hours of TF2 running 6@1000. :angel:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i put my sens at 2.718 @ 400

its good

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

mcvey posted:

Overwatch: Blizzard TF2 in 2016

It's so good

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

symbolic posted:

I played ~500 hours of TF2 running 6@1000. :angel:

Maybe in the future it will drop lower. When I start to go into a death spiral I will usually drop it to 2.3 or so then go back. Anything lower just isn't effective to rip and tear at imo.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

henne posted:

1.6-2.0@400, with a dpi shifter thumb button that does 2x to my dpi until I let go.

How do you find this to be? I always find the thumb-button press to be distracting if I'm trying to shoot with my pointer finger, but not being able to make a 360 without lifting my mouse has been causing me some problems lately, and I was debating this or upping it a little overall, to try and split the difference.

(1.95 @ 400)

surc fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 23, 2016

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I use it very selectively and let go as soon as I start shooting, I only use it if I need to check 180 really quick when entering a site or am not expecting anyone while running around. And honestly if I'm playing well I don't touch it

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

NTT posted:

:goonsay:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Hm, that's about how I was thinking of using it, maybe I'll give it a try. My poor push-to-talk though :(

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Pulled this off today and got accused of hacking and I'm a little proud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwagdj3mi0

Also very glad to finally be out of the novas.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
here's a handy dandy sensitivity chart to find the bast sensitivity

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/htmlview?sle=true

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Cached Money posted:

wowzers, i kinda wanna make a smurf account just to see how many hackusations i get

also the only thing overwatch has in common with tf2 and mobas is classes and teams. other than that it's not the same thing at all you fuckin dorks

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Cached Money posted:

There are more AWP kills in this video than I've had all year.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SealHammer posted:

wowzers, i kinda wanna make a smurf account just to see how many hackusations i get

also the only thing overwatch has in common with tf2 and mobas is classes and teams. other than that it's not the same thing at all you fuckin dorks

teams? holy poo poo please change cs to be a ffa dm game valve and quit making it a lovely moba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'm on a phone so it's hard to see enough at once to tell -- does that actually have a calculation to determine cm per 360 and other useful info for calibrating your mouse setup, or is it just a list of pro player sens info?

Also obviously mobas stole the idea of teams from CS in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

surc posted:

I'm on a phone so it's hard to see enough at once to tell -- does that actually have a calculation to determine cm per 360 and other useful info for calibrating your mouse setup, or is it just a list of pro player sens info?

Also obviously mobas stole the idea of teams from CS in the first place

the point was, all sensitivities are beautiful, from prof_chaos' 20 cm per 360 to legija's 110