Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

X-O posted:

You like Darkhawk because Darkhawk is rad. Now that Moon Knight has been brought back in recent years and it looks like Cloak and Dagger might have a resurgence due to an upcoming TV show that makes Darkhawk my number one bottom tier character I want to get some love in the comics.

I'm pulling for Sleep Walker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scaramouche posted:

That's a loving deep cut. I just checked Marvel Unlimited and he's not even listed in their "Search By Character" list. He was fascinating as hell to twelve year old me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey they brought Slapstick back! :haw:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Skwirl posted:

That's a loving deep cut. I just checked Marvel Unlimited and he's not even listed in their "Search By Character" list. He was fascinating as hell to twelve year old me.

I remember buying Sleepwalker #1 because of that oil slick-looking foil cover it had (yay, '90s!). I really should look into whatever became of Rick and Sleepwalker.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No dont

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scaramouche posted:

Sleepwalker was in the last Fantastic Four run last year. It was a good use of him as well.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Basically it sounds like everybody is pulling for a resurrection of the League of Losers from Marvel Team-Up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sleepwalker should always be a guest character in other people's books, or else some writer will try and reinvent the character and kill his supporting cast and flip his powers upside down and god knows what else.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Basically it sounds like everybody is pulling for a resurrection of the League of Losers from Marvel Team-Up.

I always am. That is my poo poo.

That's kind of what Deadpool has going for him now anyways.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

PicklePants posted:

That's kind of what Deadpool has going for him now anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqqs4h4M7c

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DC Super Heroes: Busy Bodies

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Teenage Fansub posted:

This seems like it would make kids feel bad about themselves.

"Oh, you can see and hear? That's cool, but you don't have x-ray vision or super hearing. You probably don't even have cool goggles!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

NECK

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zeeman posted:

This seems like it would make kids feel bad about themselves.

"Oh, you can see and hear? That's cool, but you don't have x-ray vision or super hearing. You probably don't even have cool goggles!"

It's an opportunity to slip some cool shades on 'em at that moment and get them into Plastic Man.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

"Kid, do you even have a neck? Yeah, that's what I thought!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bursts into room panting and sweating

Did somebody say Sleepwalker? :shobon:

I loving loved Sleepwalker.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 21, 2016

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Duke Igthorn posted:

I miss superior foes :(

Then you are not reading The Fix.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dunno, I like both, but there's a tonal difference. One features clowny bad guys trying to make a living while being scumbags. The other has supervillains.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
In this week's Star-Lord, where the Collector makes Kitty and Peter confess what made them break up on his makeshift talk show. There are a ton of great background gags, but I loved his studio audience:

I recognize Doop, Starfox, and zombie Dirk Anger, but the rest are eluding me.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Jim the Nickel posted:

In this week's Star-Lord, where the Collector makes Kitty and Peter confess what made them break up on his makeshift talk show. There are a ton of great background gags, but I loved his studio audience:

Watcher and Silver Surfer off to the right.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I recognize Captain Albion and Gatecrasher, but don't know about the rest.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
who is the green gorilla and the pink not-Gentleman Ghost?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jim the Nickel posted:

Is this a new Collector? I could have sworn he was an old guy who attempted to have dignity. (Did Thanos kill him? I think he might have.)

This guy feels like Mojo to me. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He got moviefied

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The bird sitting on Gatecrasher's shoulder is Hard Boiled Henry.

from Excalibur #42

e: Now that I'm apparently reading Excalibur again, here's the greatest ever onomatopoeia for an exploding bathroom from the next issue.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 21, 2016

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Adnor posted:

I recognize Captain Albion and Gatecrasher, but don't know about the rest.

Between the gorilla and Doop is Dirk Anger from Nextwave. Did Watcher get un-killed?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
There's an entire species of Watchers, right? That might not be The Watcher, it might just be a Watcher.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Since we're naming every audience member, I suppose I'll be the huckleberry to point out Starfox next to Captain Albion...

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Choco1980 posted:

Since we're naming every audience member, I suppose I'll be the huckleberry to point out Starfox next to Captain Albion...

Pretty sure that huckleberry posted the picture in the first place, champ.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

ManiacClown posted:

I remember buying Sleepwalker #1 because of that oil slick-looking foil cover it had (yay, '90s!). I really should look into whatever became of Rick and Sleepwalker.

My buddy and I got a copy too, but we never read it. Opening it would ruin the value!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

PFlats posted:

My buddy and I got a copy too, but we never read it. Opening it would ruin the value!

Well, you could have gotten three or four of the couple dozen copies the store had, read one, and kept the rest for their collector's value. DUH!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Dimension Nazi doesn't sound like too great a place.

Spider-Gwen #2

And for some reason Drax being all like "whatever...fine" when he decides to kill Thanos slays me.

Drax #1

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's done it before, it's just repetitive at this point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
killing a dude who death definitely does not want hanging around isnt much of an accomplishment. thanos has probably killed himself at least once to try to woo her. by killed himself i meant suicide, of course. with the time gem involved he has ended up murdering himself a whole lot too, so clarification is necessary.

thanos is a weird dude.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

goatface posted:

He's done it before, it's just repetitive at this point.

It's his reason for existence. Literally.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
And how would you feel if your reason for existence had been shown to be a largely pointless endeavour due to the revolving door policy that the afterlife offers? Dude should work on his hobbies instead, branch out a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Drax can't help himself, the drive to kill Thanos is hard wired into his genetics.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

killing a dude who death definitely does not want hanging around isnt much of an accomplishment. thanos has probably killed himself at least once to try to woo her. by killed himself i meant suicide, of course. with the time gem involved he has ended up murdering himself a whole lot too, so clarification is necessary.

thanos is a weird dude.

You'd have to be weird to finish 2nd whilst competing for a lady's affections to fuckin' Deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You'd have to be weird to finish 2nd whilst competing for a lady's affections to fuckin' Deadpool.

Girls don't like dudes who are obsessive and clingy, it's that simple.