Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ineffiable posted:

If they did a new covenant, I want one that's priority matching invasions into world's with already one invader.

Or make invasion as a sunbro work like that.

The idea would be that you priority match people that already have at least one summon phantom and one invader. So it's a gank busting/fair playing field covenant. Increased priority on worlds with more than one white/gold.

Sunbros invading actually does that already I believe. The problem is that with friendly fire it'd be a horrible covenant to be in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
If From gives us a dragon beast claws equivalent in the DLC, I'll forgive them for everything in DS3. There's so much rad stuff they could do with that, specially with the theme they have going with the twinkling stones of summoning illusionary dragon stuff

also, a combo that incorporated fire breath in a way that wasn't useless. Like... I dunno, ending off the combo with a burst of fire breath that you use to launch yourself backwards a bit and create distance? Or have that be the weapon art and let you cancel out of any of your combos using it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Iretep posted:

if he used flame surge to punish roll spam he could probably have killed him. sadly even when roll spam is a well known counter to dying people dont seem to get tools to punish it.

Well chaos fireball is all I can hold but obviously I'm not some sort of mlg invader

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

mastershakeman posted:

Sunbros invading actually does that already I believe. The problem is that with friendly fire it'd be a horrible covenant to be in

Really? I didn't see that it priorities ones with other invaders. Never saw anyone mention that.

If this is the case then we need to change it so red sunbros can never be friendly fired on by any red phantom and they get tainted red sun medals which can be traded to a new NPC covenant. Works enough to feel like a new covenant.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hypothetical covenant talk: my ideal covenant would simply combine Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon into a single entity with a single item. Joining gets you help with invaders and you're summoned to help others in turn. Bluecops' stumbling block has always been relying on people belonging to Way of Blue. Cut out the middleman and make it a covenant about having each other's backs.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I can't really keep up with this thread since it moves at 100000 mph, but I wanted to mention this thing. I posted in the Demon's thread this past weekend, and meant to put it here as well but totally forgot:

EC posted:

Hey, I started a Souls podcast. It's a series of interviews about how people got started with Souls games. It's called Don't Give Up, Skeleton, and I'm looking for more people to interview. If you're interested in being on the show, lemme know: dguspodcast@gmail.com or Twitter.

It's on the usual places you'd find podcasts if you want to get a feel for the show.

On topic: I went through the checklist to see what I would have to do to Plat the game, and man, gently caress this All Rings trophy. Everything else is pretty simple but all rings is a nightmare, especially since I've never once been summoned by the BlueBros or WolfBros. gently caress that.

Also :lol: at the CGSR +2 being behind NG++ Nameless King.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

EC posted:

I can't really keep up with this thread since it moves at 100000 mph, but I wanted to mention this thing. I posted in the Demon's thread this past weekend, and meant to put it here as well but totally forgot:

On topic: I went through the checklist to see what I would have to do to Plat the game, and man, gently caress this All Rings trophy. Everything else is pretty simple but all rings is a nightmare, especially since I've never once been summoned by the BlueBros or WolfBros. gently caress that.

Shoot me a message when im on steam and i can drop them all for you except the wolf ring. Also neat podcast idea, would love to be on it but im not sure if the timezone differences allowe for it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
What armor looks good with the black knight glaive? Or Gundy's halberd? I want to try using a dedicated 2 hander this run so I can play 'different.' I *hate* ultra-greatswords because they are just too cumbersome.

Abyss Watchers, Blackhand, Lorian's?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
^^^^ mornes

Ineffiable posted:

Really? I didn't see that it priorities ones with other invaders. Never saw anyone mention that.

If this is the case then we need to change it so red sunbros can never be friendly fired on by any red phantom and they get tainted red sun medals which can be traded to a new NPC covenant. Works enough to feel like a new covenant.

When I got my 30 sunlight medals by invading I was constantly in matches with other invaders. Who knows how real that is though

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

lite_sleepr posted:

What armor looks good with the black knight glaive? Or Gundy's halberd? I want to try using a dedicated 2 hander this run so I can play 'different.' I *hate* ultra-greatswords because they are just too cumbersome.

Abyss Watchers, Blackhand, Lorian's?

Maybe Yuria mask, black gauntlets, dancer chest, Lorian legs?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

FrickenMoron posted:

Shoot me a message when im on steam and i can drop them all for you except the wolf ring. Also neat podcast idea, would love to be on it but im not sure if the timezone differences allowe for it.

I'm on PS4, but thanks.

Also I can work around time zone differences. I recorded with a guy in Lebanon this past weekend, and I regularly record with guys from England and New Zealand. Send me an email and we'll work it out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

If From gives us a dragon beast claws equivalent in the DLC, I'll forgive them for everything in DS3. There's so much rad stuff they could do with that, specially with the theme they have going with the twinkling stones of summoning illusionary dragon stuff

also, a combo that incorporated fire breath in a way that wasn't useless. Like... I dunno, ending off the combo with a burst of fire breath that you use to launch yourself backwards a bit and create distance? Or have that be the weapon art and let you cancel out of any of your combos using it.

I want a dragon version of beast's embrace real bad

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
No pubbie why are you so dead set on summoning a full squad for Nameless King this is why you haven't beat it yet..

e: dead

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

mastershakeman posted:

^^^^ mornes

When I got my 30 sunlight medals by invading I was constantly in matches with other invaders. Who knows how real that is though

where were you invading though, somewhere that's already high traffic, like road of sacrifice or catacombs or irithyll after pontiff, or somewhere that's relatively less busy like cotd or smoldering lake? if you were invading areas that are already lower traffic and still getting invader-bros more often than not with the sunlight invasions, that's a pretty cool anecdote.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So yeah...since covenant poo poo is super annoying due to auto summoning ones straight up not working - does anyone want to coordinate on banging out trophies?

We can password up, invade each other, etc. Plus drop rings, etc.

I finally have ONE character getting summoned for Watchdogs but it's like once every couple of hours if that. Still can't get a bite as Darkmoon/Aldi.

I am on PS4 and have several chars at differing places, with varying degrees of completion for spells/pyros/miracles/rings.

I'd like to Platinum this, but it sucks that poo poo is gated behind covenants which straight up just don't work and drop rates for farming are STUPID.

So yeah....anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I am available on the east coast of the US just about in evening or any time on the weekends.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think passwords do anything for invasions?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

HaB posted:

So yeah...since covenant poo poo is super annoying due to auto summoning ones straight up not working - does anyone want to coordinate on banging out trophies?

We can password up, invade each other, etc. Plus drop rings, etc.

I finally have ONE character getting summoned for Watchdogs but it's like once every couple of hours if that. Still can't get a bite as Darkmoon/Aldi.

I am on PS4 and have several chars at differing places, with varying degrees of completion for spells/pyros/miracles/rings.

I'd like to Platinum this, but it sucks that poo poo is gated behind covenants which straight up just don't work and drop rates for farming are STUPID.

So yeah....anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I am available on the east coast of the US just about in evening or any time on the weekends.

Dogs and Allbitch are no poblem to farm from mobs (wolf grass from the bonfire by the little bridge with three spawns, aldrich goop from aldrich bonfire stairs), vertebrae takes a while of coordination purpling to wrap up, bluebro rewards cannot be grinded realistically in any way. I recommend waiting for patching.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

EC posted:

The only trophies I have left are the All Rings, Linking the Flame, and the "You got all Trophies" Trophy. I'm in NG++ trying to steamroll my way through now, then just backfill and grab all rings, but I am not looking forward to a NG++ NK fight.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
One day I will play a proper build and actually try to do well at PvP. This is not that day. Today we incompetently purple-bro as Johnny-no-pants with a big axe and no shield.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm slvl 135 and I can't walk 5 steps without getting summoned as an Aldritch. And not even into honorabau duels, either. Legit defense invasions. It seems like at that level everyone knows to pop a seed, because it just ends up being the absolute best clusterfucks :v:

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
I have a mound-maker question!

I joined mound-makers before killing the Cursed Greatwood, and then spent this weekend farming up my first 10 shackles. However, that cage carrying hollow in Undead Settlement is now decidedly less docile and insist on attacking me with his saw instead of carrying me to the cave where I thought I turned in shackles.

What gives? I never attacked that hollow, so why is he being a dick? Where do I turn in my covenant items to get my rewards?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I have a mound-maker question!

I joined mound-makers before killing the Cursed Greatwood, and then spent this weekend farming up my first 10 shackles. However, that cage carrying hollow in Undead Settlement is now decidedly less docile and insist on attacking me with his saw instead of carrying me to the cave where I thought I turned in shackles.

What gives? I never attacked that hollow, so why is he being a dick? Where do I turn in my covenant items to get my rewards?

Teleport to treeballs's bonfire. Alternatively, jump into the big hole at where you first met him (it's not a fatal drop).

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm slvl 135 and I can't walk 5 steps without getting summoned as an Aldritch. And not even into honorabau duels, either. Legit defense invasions. It seems like at that level everyone knows to pop a seed, because it just ends up being the absolute best clusterfucks :v:

PC or PS4? Cause I'm 120 and have only been summoned for Alrich Faithful once. (I should specify, I'm on the PS4)

Fire Barrel fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 23, 2016

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Fire Barrel posted:

PC or PS4? Cause I'm 120 and have only been summoned for Alrich Faithful once. (I should specify, I'm on the PS4)

PC, and it was sparse before the area, but once I beat Pontiff and started making my way up to Aldritch, I got summoned constantly. I've always been one of the lucky ones with summons though, having never had problems with Darkmoon or Wolfbros when I was going through NG, either.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Teleport to treeballs's bonfire. Alternatively, jump into the big hole at where you first met him (it's not a fatal drop).

Whoops! I didn't realize Greatwood opened a new bonfire. I think I homeward bonered out after that one. Thanks!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Whoops! I didn't realize Greatwood opened a new bonfire. I think I homeward bonered out after that one. Thanks!
Every boss opens a new bonfire, which leads to silliness like Dragonslayer Armor's being literally in sight of Archives' bonfire. It IS convenient for various shortcuts, so no real complaints here.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

My first invasion was after Pontiff's bonfire. I was deliberately baiting it so I could get a chance at a Giant's Seed so I can complete my Solaire cosplay. I got invaded by two people - a regular invader and an Aldrich.

I even got a bluecop to boot! Too bad he sucked and got killed quickly by mobs. The regular invader decided to attack the Aldrich a bit for fun (and probably to whittle down his estus, which didn't really work) and then BSS'd out of there.

The Aldrich was a parry-baiter using a BKGA. After a drawn-out struggle, he finally got to one-shot me since he had the Hornet's Ring.

I can see why people are turned off by invaders, since many of the ones you encounter have weapons and items far beyond what you would have at that point in the game (regardless of how upgraded the weapon is). I got my Giant Seed though, so cosplay success!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fhqwhgads posted:

PC, and it was sparse before the area, but once I beat Pontiff and started making my way up to Aldritch, I got summoned constantly. I've always been one of the lucky ones with summons though, having never had problems with Darkmoon or Wolfbros when I was going through NG, either.

On the PS4 none of my characters have been summoned (ever) for Watchdogs or Cops, but from level 65 to 75 I never stopped being summoned as a faithful.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

LuiCypher posted:

My first invasion was after Pontiff's bonfire. I was deliberately baiting it so I could get a chance at a Giant's Seed so I can complete my Solaire cosplay. I got invaded by two people - a regular invader and an Aldrich.

I even got a bluecop to boot! Too bad he sucked and got killed quickly by mobs. The regular invader decided to attack the Aldrich a bit for fun (and probably to whittle down his estus, which didn't really work) and then BSS'd out of there.

The Aldrich was a parry-baiter using a BKGA. After a drawn-out struggle, he finally got to one-shot me since he had the Hornet's Ring.

I can see why people are turned off by invaders, since many of the ones you encounter have weapons and items far beyond what you would have at that point in the game (regardless of how upgraded the weapon is). I got my Giant Seed though, so cosplay success!

Yeah it can be unbalanced sometimes but at the same time, I know invaders are turned off because they keep invading world's with 3 or 4 phantom and host and usually get stun locked in a corner.

So the invaders will be as ruthless and twinked as possible because they need to be ready to take down more than 2 guys if necessary. And they live and breathe pvp.

If I know it's just me and the host, I'll try to be fair and make it fun for both of us.

If there's a gank squad, I will do anything it takes to whittle down your numbers. And ultimately if I fail, I'll just black crystal out so they don't even get the satisfaction of stun locking me to death.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Dazzling Addar posted:

I believe somebody did some research and found that without FP, you still get the animation, but your iframes are reduced or removed entirely. Could be useful for general mobility purposes if you want to rock out in heavy armor. Now I'm curious, actually. Can you quickstep while over 100% encumbrance/in Iron Flesh?

Quick stepping backstab fishing or bleed building with daggers + iron flesh is a semi-popular gimmick.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Next time you kill Pontiff, spend all your souls, equip Way of the Blue, summon a guy (trust me, you'll need him), then use the Finger.

Push forward, don't wait in the arena, try to actually finish the area.

Good luck. (it's insane and so much fun)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Well from my last play session I can see this game's going all in on the nostalgia. I found a dungeon beneath Irithyll that opened with a jump scare and shoved me right into Tower of Latria PTSD. So I backtracked and finished Irithyll instead, even managed to take out the Pontiff on my first attempt. The next area went something like this.

"Hey this architecture looks pretty familiar"
"Hey, this bullshit archer setup looks pretty familiar"
"Uhhhh is this the Darkmoon area? Ha, if that's what it actually was then if I went out this door I would have seen an elev- HOLY poo poo"
"HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo"

That was my experience, thanks for reading

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

Next time you kill Pontiff, spend all your souls, equip Way of the Blue, summon a guy (trust me, you'll need him), then use the Finger.

Don't forget to pop a seed, too for maximum carnage.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wrapping up NG with my sorcerer - just had NK to deal with. I've also been picking up all the slabs I can get but honestly, besides my MLGS I can't think of anything else I'd bother upgrading.

I'm not one of those who reaps the benefit of dealing 1000+ damage per CSS and then calls sorcery garbage, but it does suck that you have so few viable options. Less than a handful of spells and only one weapon with decent innate int scaling. Are there any weapons with wonky hidden scaling that stand out crystal-infused?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

lothric knights are never not terrible, no matter where they're at

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Simply Simon posted:

I'm glad that I did a ton of co-op and invading in NG so that I started NG+ with just under 200 embers. Gonna be a shitshow of entertainment after Pontiff.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wr9JvXtd9F0

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
His poor keyboard

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

hahahahah
this is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How do you guys like the Immolation Tinder?

Goofy that it can't cast pyromancies.