Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FTV art, but having owned two of the FTV: Exiled's, I can confirm it looks good in foil.

I'm sticking with my german Nekropotenz from Ice Age though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I like the old art better.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Can't wait to draft around this but why the hell is it Mythic?

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Gonna guess because of complexity.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Dark Rit better be in this set at common.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Great art so far. I even like the Daze art, the only problem is it doesn't belong on Daze.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

I am actually shocked bloodbraid is still uncommon.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
What all is being fed into the char bellcher?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

I am actually shocked bloodbraid is still uncommon.

So that when it's unbanned in modern it doesn't become the next 15 dollar uncommon?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Because pack finances, history, power level?

TCC posted Charbelcher with new art. Phone posting so I can't screen cap it. That's the first modern legal card.

So far all these spoilers seem good.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Necropotence it's a very iconic and unique card, it seems like a reasonable mythic. But I guess we're going to have nothing but "drat why was this cheap card printed at Mythic? They should all be value!" and "Why was this expensive card printed at mythic? It needed to be at a lower rarity!" posts for the next 2 months anyway

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Necropotence it's a very iconic and unique card, it seems like a reasonable mythic. But I guess we're going to have nothing but "drat why was this cheap card printed at Mythic? They should all be value!" and "Why was this expensive card printed at mythic? It needed to be at a lower rarity!" posts for the next 2 months anyway

I don't see any card in this set that is going to be over 30 bucks yet... Not worth the pack prices if you ask me. Never mind Jace will be over 30.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I don't see any card in this set that is going to be over 30 bucks yet... Not worth the pack prices if you ask me.

And yet people will still crack packs like it's going out of style.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Irony Be My Shield posted:

we're going to have nothing but "drat why was this cheap card printed at Mythic? They should all be value!" and "Why was this expensive card printed at mythic? It needed to be at a lower rarity!" posts for the next 2 months anyway

I never understood this. It's gonna be a card you don't want if you're into ~cracking $$$$ packs~ anyway so it doesn't really matter if it's mythic or rare. They could've printed it at rare and it would be the same thing when you open it lol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ScarletBrother posted:

And yet people will still crack packs like it's going out of style.

I'll draft the poo poo out of this like I did with MM15.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

mcmagic posted:

So far zero Modern Legal cards...

That's okay with me.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/32973_Exclusive-Eternal-Masters-Preview.html

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
New belcher art is great at least!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Belcher Art, the only art upgrade (so far).

Is giving SCG an "exclusive JTMS preview" on reprint sets some kind of wotc joke?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

The March Hare posted:

New belcher art is great at least!

I don't need any of these cards yet but I'm liking this set a lot.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

I'll draft the poo poo out of this like I did with MM15.

I never noticed how pointy Jace's fingers are in this art.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I am goose excited

gimme that goose

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

poo poo. I just bought a playset haha.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I am goose excited

gimme that goose

Windmill slams while humming top gun music

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Poor Lotus Cobra :(

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Interested to see the commons that fill out this set for draft. Already loving what's been spoiled though.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Someone tell me when Rishadan Port isn't in the set so I can give up on MTGO completely.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

suicidesteve posted:

Someone tell me when Rishadan Port isn't in the set so I can give up on MTGO completely.

Port was a part of the initial Reddit prediction that turned out to be correct for fow and wasteland right? Should be ok.

(It won't be in the set.)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

suicidesteve posted:

That and Karakas need to be in here.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

poo poo. I just bought a playset haha.

Oh my god the flavor text is literally what everyone says whenever they play Gamble.

:allears:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Oh my god the flavor text is literally what everyone says whenever they play Gamble.

When I saw it, all I could think of was this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoR2qr0d3Gc

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Man gently caress everything else - Nimble Mongoose in pauper! This needs to be a thing! It simply has to!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mcmagic posted:

That and Karakas need to be in here.

I'd be surprised by Karakas. Waste is already there, Port almost has to be there considering it's the most expensive card in MTGO by far, and I don't think they'd want to spend too many rare slots on lands.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Samael posted:

When I saw it, all I could think of was this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoR2qr0d3Gc

I forgot about this commercial.

God drat that was 8 years ago.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

I mean the worst that could happen is you dont discard the loam you tutored :v:.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Probably no Damnation reprint and I can't get the new art cos the site is being hammered

Edit: Same art, still at rare

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AceClown posted:

Probably no Damnation reprint and I can't get the new art cos the site is being hammered

Don't worry, it's still the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Count Bleck posted:

Don't worry, it's still the same.

Deluge needs to be modern legal so badly.

• Locked thread