Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Are you going to shop at Goodwill like some kind of poor, or are you going to man up and make your own belt out of whatever you have laying around????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A real man would just staple his pants to himself.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

thebigcow posted:

Are you going to shop at Goodwill like some kind of poor, or are you going to man up and make your own belt out of whatever you have laying around????
Go out there and kill an animal, skin it, tan the skin and make your own belt you lazy bastard.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Belt tip: Just be so fat that all your jeans are tight and you won't need a belt.

That is one downside to losing weight, I have to buy a new pair of jeans every month and gently caress paying $50 for a decent set so I'm just wearing $20 wranglers for the time being. Fashion! Haven't had to wear a belt in years and now I do.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Cage posted:

Belt tip: Just be so fat that all your jeans are tight and you won't need a belt.

That is one downside to losing weight, I have to buy a new pair of jeans every month and gently caress paying $50 for a decent set so I'm just wearing $20 wranglers for the time being. Fashion! Haven't had to wear a belt in years and now I do.
I just made a post yesterday about needing to sell a bunch of pants for that exact reason. I started the year in 42s and am now comfy/almost-loose in 36s.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ill take your jeans. The Automotive Insanity of the Traveling Pants. I started at 52 and I'm at 44 now.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Just take your fat jeans to your tailor. What, you don't have a tailor? HOW GAUCHE!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Cage posted:

Ill take your jeans. The Automotive Insanity of the Traveling Pants. I started at 52 and I'm at 44 now.
I said sell, not give.
Send me a pm, I'll inventory what I've got and give you first choice.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thanks but thats ok, wrangler jeans aren't half bad these days and they won't fit a few weeks from now.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
For sale: 44x30 husky cut jeans. Slight cheeto staining on outer right leg. Only washed once. $35 shipped

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I hope nothing for anyone in AI breaks/fails/gets sick for the rest of the month, or the rest of the year.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

KozmoNaut posted:

Wouldn't a cheap belt from a Goodwill or something be cheaper?

Yeah but they don't come in 30-packs and also make excellent prank material. Ziptie someone's legs to their chair... or to their other leg... or to someone else's leg... or put them on your buddies CV shafts and driveshafts. The list goes on.

Also apparently some goons would need to use two. Daaaamn.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Cage posted:

People spend more than $20 on jeans?

Why?

Jesus, they're work pants. Buy cheap jeans, beat them to death, then buy more cheap jeans.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

kastein posted:

Yeah but they don't come in 30-packs and also make excellent prank material. Ziptie someone's legs to their chair... or to their other leg... or to someone else's leg... or put them on your buddies CV shafts and driveshafts. The list goes on.

Don't forget about licking your finger and sticking it in their ear.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

kastein posted:

That's true, but I prefer OneSeals for those applications. They're used for securing shipping containers.

Once tightened, they will not come off under any circumstances, you have to cut them off with an angle grinder or a bigass wire cutter. Or bash them off with a crowbar or something, but people tend to not like that option.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Liquid Communism posted:

Why?

Jesus, they're work pants. Buy cheap jeans, beat them to death, then buy more cheap jeans.
My work jeans are the same as my going out jeans because my work is cool and good. :coal:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Liquid Communism posted:

Why?

This. Even the &20 jeans last for years for me. Once they get holes they become the working-on-car pair, and I get a new pair for daily use.

Decided to just get an add-on receiver and remotes for the garage door opener, since it's a nice screw-type, and working well beyond the radio deafness. Would have loved one of the shaft mount ones, but $$.

I then used the $$ I didn't spend on the garage door opener to buy a new AV receiver, since my 10-year old Harman-Kardon decided to stop routing HDMI. It only had two HDMI anyway. Even the cheapest one (which I got, pretty much) have at least 4. And aren't weird about displaying the OSD on HDMI, and other stuff like that. The HK will likely become a garage stereo.

Will contribute to the CSB fund when I'm at a real computer. That seriously sucks.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
$20 jeans till the day I die. You can take your ~RAW DENIM~ that you insist must never be washed, and your designer jeans, and cram them up your rear end :butt:

It's great because I don't even really care if I tear them open on something at work or in the junkyard, they just become official wrenching clothes instead of regular everyday clothes I forgot to change out of before wrenching.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Successfully punched self in face with a 3/8 long handle ratchet last night. Hit me dead on the bridge of my nose. Amazed I didn't break it.

In better news, I just booked rooms for my trip to Japan... in 8 days. Ugh. Last minute planning is biting me in the rear end.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I don't normally hang out in here, but crossposting for those that don't follow my dutchoven bus thread.

cursedshitbox posted:

You guys rule, its seriously amazing. that link went on to some of davids online/irl friends and its gone kinda bonkers.

Confirmed hit and run. Ongoing investigation. I'm going to the scene in a few and talk to some shop owners to get camera feeds.
some poo poo left David for dead. this, this ain' very nice. :fuckoff: :commissar:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I don't normally hang out in here, but crossposting for those that don't follow my dutchoven bus thread.

You get em CSB. I'll bring the aluminum bats.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Levi 559s or bust. Hard to tear, look nice and last me years for ~$35 on sale, ~$25 if I find 'em at an outlet mall. :colbert:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
A lot of cheap jeans don't stretch, which I need for riding bikes. If I get non stretch jeans that fit my thighs, then the leg openings are too loose and catch on the chainring.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hope they nail the rear end in a top hat that hit him.

Does he have any sort of medical insurance to help cover the expenses?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

kimbo305 posted:

A lot of cheap jeans don't stretch, which I need for riding bikes. If I get non stretch jeans that fit my thighs, then the leg openings are too loose and catch on the chainring.
Any recommendations? I'm buying new jeans every 6 months to fit my thighs, getting annoying.

Anyone have any info on longevity of Dodge engines? 2008 caravan with the 3.8L engine. Maintained according to schedule and currently has 180k, we're wondering how long they usually last. 90% or more miles are interstate going back and forth to dog shows. She's just worried it's going to hit 200k and blow up leaving her stranded somewhere.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
These jeans are pretty cheap and really comfortable, but they don't come all that big. I think there are other styles of their stretch jeans that do, though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

NitroSpazzz posted:

Any recommendations? I'm buying new jeans every 6 months to fit my thighs, getting annoying.

Not at the moment. There was a Kickstarter brand that I went with and was really happy with despite the price, but they've since gone to button flys, which is ridiculous.

I can't really recommend Calvin Klein Rockers, cuz they're very thin fabric and very skinny despite being stretch.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I usually buy Lucky brand at the local outlet/Costco. ~$35 on average, but I keep tearing out the inseam where the legs meet up. Thankfully my brother discovered iron on patches. Even if I only get a few more months out of them, it's worth the couple bucks per patch. My longest lasting set of jeans has been some old Levi 501(?)'s. I've put those through hell for over a decade and the button finally tore out last month.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Cage posted:

Just buy smaller and smaller belts.
This doesn't work as well if you tuck in your shirts though.

I'm not buying smaller jeans until I lose more weight (unless I just need pants because another pair got a hole or something), just smaller belts.
I'm on belt #3 for the year.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

nm posted:

Just buy smaller and smaller belts.
This doesn't work as well if you tuck in your shirts though.

I'm not buying smaller jeans until I lose more weight (unless I just need pants because another pair got a hole or something), just smaller belts.
I'm on belt #3 for the year.
I have scissors and a drill, who buys smaller belts?

As a fatty your waist shouldn't be on display anyway, no one wants to see that.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I'm ricing out my Volvo and I literally do not give a gently caress. Gotta get that poo poo out of my system sometime.

Also I'm going to pick up an orphan baby goat on Wednesday that needs to be bottle fed. :3 I can't wait!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Cage posted:

I have scissors and a drill, who buys smaller belts?

As a fatty your waist shouldn't be on display anyway, no one wants to see that.

At some point, the tail gets too long and I don't wanna cut it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Noise Complaint posted:

Also I'm going to pick up an orphan baby goat on Wednesday that needs to be bottle fed. :3 I can't wait!

Can you feed them with cow milk or is there goat formula, like kitten formula?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Can you feed them with cow milk or is there goat formula, like kitten formula?
Goat's milk has less/no lactose, so that might be A Thing To Consider when feeding your baby goat.

Baby goats are adorable, please post pictures (I'm sure you were planning on this anyway, NC).

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goats are just all-round lovable animals, in my experience. They can be kinda loud, though.

The smell can be an issue, but I'm sure baby goat will get used to it :rimshot:

E: Listen to this cute little bugger :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq7ZrUBlcQA

But that tends to turn into this as they grow older.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 23, 2016

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Bought a new lawnmower. It's a cheapish OHV 4 stroke but according to the manual doesn't need oil changes (and has no drain plug) as it just uses oil and you add more.

Honestly don't know if it's smart or lazy but it probably does help people who don't "drain" but know how to add.

The manual calls for synthetic too , as does the new trimmer I bought. I'll probably buy some but it's so tempting to use these machines for all the odd non synthetic engine oil I have lying around.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Every lawn mower I've ever had didn't have a drain plug, but still necessitated oil changes every season. Cue me dumping the mower upside-down and nearly always missing the first half-quart in the drain pan.

Weird that a new one is just total loss. Must not be a Cali model.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Most mowers do have a drain plug, but it's only accessible from under the deck. http://www.briggsandstratton.com/eu/en/support/faqs/~/media/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions/Engine/Images/oil_drain_vertical_duo.ashx

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Simple fix: buy a reel mower. Easier if you have A.) a small yard, or B.) someone to do it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Here's Briggs and Straton's press bit on it:

quote:

How does Just Check & Add™ Work?
There are two major reasons consumers usually need to change their oil:

Debris has gotten into the oil, causing it to get dirty, and dirty oil causes wear on the engine
And through regular running of the engine, the oil heats up, causing it to breakdown and create sludge.
The Briggs & Stratton EXi engine uses an automotive style paper air cleaner element that features a press-fit element design to keep dirt out of the engine. And an improved oil fill tube with extended flange protects the tube from debris during routine oil checks.

Additionally, the Overhead Valve Design of the EXi engine, and its innovative scroll design and cooling package, means the engine runs cooler, reducing the oil temperature. And cooler oil means slower decay and breakdown of the oil.

Briggs & Stratton EXi Series Engines. Engines made easy. Just Check & Add™. Never Change the Oil.
https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/innovations/push-mowers/exi.html

:D

scuz posted:

Simple fix: buy a reel mower. Easier if you have A.) a small yard, or B.) someone to do it for you.
I bought one when we bought this house which has a fairly small yard and really wanted to love it but it was a pain to use and didn't cut well. Finally threw the towel in and went gas everything.

• Locked thread