Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

NecroMonster posted:

that's just japanese voices. elphelt (i don't know about jam) sounds great in english.

people are gonna hate english jam because they'll realize that she's been speaking in a hella stereotypical "chinese" accent the whole time, just in a language they didn't understand

her translated win quotes in the revelator demo mean they aren't gonna hide it anymore like they did for the old games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
actually guys you see it's not sexist or disgusting it's really a deconstruction of the disgusting sexism in similar media

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dracula Factory posted:

I-No's english "poo poo!" when she whiffs her command grab is pretty great. I-no is a good example of what I'm talking about, she could just be a cool guitar witch but of course they had to give her 1000 belts and a garment that can't really be called a top just so old men can get a bone on to a video game.

i-nos design is really good though

musicians aren't noted for their conservative dress

Pomp fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 23, 2016

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

I-No's english "poo poo!" when she whiffs her command grab is pretty great. I-no is a good example of what I'm talking about, she could just be a cool guitar witch but of course they had to give her 1000 belts and a garment that can't really be called a top just so old men can get a bone on to a video game.

- i-no takes her design pretty heavily from the early works of real person shiina ringo

- many ladies like to play as sexy ladies as well for the same reason dudes like goku in dbz because he's hella swole, don't act like being a weirdo puritan is normal

- i-no is a character that owns up to being a sex object, all of her dialogue is either an innuendo or swearing at someone. while again characters like chun li and cammy or half the roster of mortal kombat wear non-practical clothes that give old men boners while pretending to be Very Serious Characters

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
lol i-nos design is like super consistent with her character who is actually cool and powerful and confident as opposed to say cammy who this guy is totally cool with in a game where you can practically smell the cumstains from her concept art

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Pomp posted:

i-nos design is really good though

If you had a girlfriend who asked you what your hobbies are, would you not be ashamed to show her guilty gear? If not then hopefully she'll be smart enough to get the hell out of there. And do I even need to bring up the May pirates? I totally forgot about them, yeah gently caress GG and anime games forever, im just sick of it. (cept DBZ, we all know DBZ kicks rear end).

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Dracula Factory posted:

If you had a girlfriend who asked you what your hobbies are, would you not be ashamed to show her guilty gear? If not then hopefully she'll be smart enough to get the hell out of there. And do I even need to bring up the May pirates? I totally forgot about them, yeah gently caress GG and anime games forever, im just sick of it. (cept DBZ, we all know DBZ kicks rear end).

There's the old "DBZ is good all other anime is bad" mindset I was looking for

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
makoto is just the best. She's the one fighting gal that doesn't need any "well actually" s.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
And so you see why trying to have a discussion about sexism in fighting games is a lost battle from the get-go. It's all trash and people will defend their trash tooth and nail.

Also:

attackmole posted:

then suddenly you get roped into playing games that are just schoolgirls fighting each other and wondering how your life came to this.

yeah but melty blood is good tho

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

darealkooky posted:

- i-no takes her design pretty heavily from the early works of real person shiina ringo

- many ladies like to play as sexy ladies as well for the same reason dudes like goku in dbz because he's hella swole, don't act like being a weirdo puritan is normal

- i-no is a character that owns up to being a sex object, all of her dialogue is either an innuendo or swearing at someone. while again characters like chun li and cammy or half the roster of mortal kombat wear non-practical clothes that give old men boners while pretending to be Very Serious Characters

I agree a bit with you there, which is why I'm ok with characters like Poison who are trying to be sexy, but isn't I-no some sort of immortal demon thing? And maybe that's one of the reasons I just don't feel like playing SFV anymore, Cammy is my favorite character gameplay-wise, but no amount of mental gymnastics I can do will convince me that her outfit makes any sense whatsoever.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Also calling JoJo's Bizarre Adventure bad is just asking for trouble, just an fyi

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

uh i kinda wouldnt because im not from the town in footloose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zand posted:

actually guys you see it's not sexist or disgusting it's really a deconstruction of the disgusting sexism in similar media

Yeah

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

if your girlfriend objects to you liking a thing with sexy ladies in it you're either a little bitch, dating a jealous psychotic or actually dating a man im sorry to say

I also genuinely don't get what you're ranting about with the may pirates???

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dracula Factory posted:

i have never in my life dated a woman, or man for that matter, who cared idk what's going on over in dracula factory land

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dracula Factory posted:

I don't have a GF

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

makoto is just the best. She's the one fighting gal that doesn't need any "well actually" s.

what about when her shirt explodes open showing her bra when she gets stunned

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"play a good game? b, b, b, b, but it's anime! and hard. I'll stick to this really lovely game tooth and nail instead thank you. Now who wants to play some League of Legends?"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

darealkooky posted:

I think being a sex-hating puritan is the new normal with kids these days

Wasn't talking about gender politics in video games banned on the games forum because its such a toxic, stupid subject or has it just gotten so prevalent that they gave up trying to stop that?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
to expand, maybe don't date or hang out with people who make you feel ashamed for your interests

namaste

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think being a sex-hating puritan is the new normal with kids these days

If you believe this I've got a bridge to sell you

Unless your definition of "kid" extends into middle/late 20's

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's been a pretty restrained conversation, really

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

darealkooky posted:

I also genuinely don't get what you're ranting about with the may pirates???
Aren't they all like 14 or something and not real 14, anime 14 with giant tits and stuff. Smells like pretty standard japanese pedo-bait crap. I'm a child rape victim, so I'm pretty sensitive to these things. Imagine how pissed I got when I found out about that fire emblem dragon girl.

-A69-
Apr 2, 2009
Real talk: since sfv likely usnt getting fixed anytime soon, should I just get Xrd now or wait for Revelator? The wife wants to get into good games and I'd rather teach her on a good game than a broken one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

darealkooky posted:

what about when her shirt explodes open showing her bra when she gets stunned

That's not makoto's fault, leave her alone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

May doesn't have huge tits

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

darealkooky posted:

If you believe this I've got a bridge to sell you

Unless your definition of "kid" extends into middle/late 20's

it does sadly. I don't think you're a grown rear end adult until you got your own place, having to pay bills and taxes and working at a real job. (writing blogs or recording lets plays is not a real job)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh cool, he doesn't actually know anything at all about the may pirates despite criticizing the game for their existence. cool, good.

also, was that some "the japanese are all pedos" i detected there?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

-A69- posted:

Real talk: since sfv likely usnt getting fixed anytime soon, should I just get Xrd now or wait for Revelator? The wife wants to get into good games and I'd rather teach her on a good game than a broken one.

revelator comes out in less than three weeks

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
even i think the sexuality of GG is fine and im the most humorless man hating feminazi in cultural marxist city

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

Aren't they all like 14 or something and not real 14, anime 14 with giant tits and stuff. Smells like pretty standard japanese pedo-bait crap. I'm a child rape victim, so I'm pretty sensitive to these things. Imagine how pissed I got when I found out about that fire emblem dragon girl.

I'm very sorry to hear that, but I think you'll find that all the may pirates that are sexualized are the ones that are clearly adults

johnny, the boss, isn't a pedo, he's anime robbin hood using his adopted family of orphans ala peter pan, any weird pedo overtones you find in this rest entirely on you. Although I thought this was about character design, not stupid story stuff that doesn't matter?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Pomp posted:

to expand, maybe don't date or hang out with people who make you feel ashamed for your interests

namaste

Gonna second that.

-A69- posted:

Seeing as Rev is 2 weeks out, just do that. Xrd is still like 30 to 40 depending on where yoi get it.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

-A69- posted:

revelator comes out soon but the core gameplay is a direct transfer outside of like one new system mechanic and xrd has a really good tutorial mode, so you could get over that "oh god what do I do???" phase by the time the game actually comes out so you don't get completely ruined day 1

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I played FANG all weekend. Bronze league owns, if zoning doesn't work and my fraud rear end can't cr.mk/cr.hk my way to victory there's always a chance you can just spam the gently caress out of st.HK and win. Boobs are cool. Laura is a good char.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

oh cool, he doesn't actually know anything at all about the may pirates despite criticizing the game for their existence. cool, good.

also, was that some "the japanese are all pedos" i detected there?

see this post is exactly what I'm talking about, have fun with your japanese animes, they seem to bring you joy. Just don't get all bent out of shape when other people are put off by it.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

actually both of these characters (ino and goku) are just parts of Male Power Fantasies. try again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

even i think the sexuality of GG is fine and im the most humorless man hating feminazi in cultural marxist city

It's completely ridiculous looking top to bottom so it's hard to care. SFV is weirder to me because they look somewhat like plastic molds of real people so Laura and R Mika's insane proportions are jarring and mildly off putting.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dias posted:

yeah but melty blood is good tho

Melty Blood somehow has less objectifying character design than 99% of all fighting games despite being based on an erotic visual novel. Japan is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Do any people who are like poo poo tier Bronze like me maybe want to do a lobby some evening once a week to dick around and practice in? I added people from the spreadsheet to my list but I don't think most people really even look at that in game usually.