Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Eonwe posted:

i would not want to be a twitch anything

I think if you have like less than 50 users watching, your name doesn't even show up on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Brannock posted:

235 minutes

Don't forget to add stoppage time for the server being melted.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Atoramos posted:

Starting to read through all the lore and every hero feels like classic Metzen. Ahh Blizzard:

Tracer: Was 22 when she was a test pilot and put into the timestream. All I'm saying is maybe you don't get your youngest member to test new technology.

Its way easier to get people to do insanely dangerous stuff when they're still young, stupid, and believe themselves to be invincible.

*scrawls overwatch logo on the floor in own blood, chanting "Cheers, Loves! My sanity's gone!"*

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Radical posted:

i got a blizzard sticky notepad with my copy of The Frozen Throne as well, nice to see they brought back a classic

I'm still using the one that came with my Warcraft 2 box.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If the game was coming out a 4pm EDT then it would be out in less than 1 hour but it isn't so we have to wait even longer still.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DrPlump posted:

If the game was coming out a 4pm EDT then it would be out in less than 1 hour but it isn't so we have to wait even longer still.

gently caress timezones

And also time in general, really

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I'm gonna go back to pretending this game has no lore whatsoever

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Adonis Gunther posted:

Guitar Hero controller Genji main, checking in.

Steel Battalion controller D.Va, checking in. :smuggo:

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Overwatch in 4 hours. My body is ready.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Atoramos posted:

Starting to read through all the lore and every hero feels like classic Metzen. Ahh Blizzard:

Genji: Slacker who moped about after the Hanzo fight until Zenyatta was like 'hey it's ok to be half-bot'.
Hanzo: Wait, didn't Genji's story explicitly state that Overwatch is an enemy of Hanzo's family?

the family/crime syndicate has booted both hanzo and genji out, genji for being a lazy jerkoff and hanzo for being :smith: after dealing with genji

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

BR0ME0 posted:

Steel Battalion controller D.Va, checking in. :smuggo:

lmao if you're not using a pair of joysticks n64 star wars podracer style

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I haven't seen this much whinging about Blizzard writing since the D3 launch.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Abroham Lincoln posted:

gently caress timezones

And also time in general, really

Ok, TRACER!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brosnan posted:

You already know Goonsgarden illuminati will be all over it.

i have a feeling we'll have like a group of 9 or something stupid lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Brannock posted:

235 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0fIi3H-es

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What is the Mercy group? I want to be in that group.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jastiger posted:

Gearbox has always been bad. From Half Life: Opposing Force

Your very first sentence man, come on. :colbert:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i look at this competitive team-based shooter and think, yes, but what about the tragic backstory of hero archetype 'sniper'? I want to feel a deep connection to what in other games would be a gun i choose from a drop-down menu. i want to feel their struggles as my own and carry the weight of reaper's choices as i open a loot crate and dress him up like a mariachi

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Minrad posted:

the meimei thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775648&pagenumber=46&perpage=40#post460121607

if you want a cool avatar just watch the thread and someone will post one, probably.

Nice!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Wangsbig posted:

i look at this competitive team-based shooter and think, yes, but what about the tragic backstory of hero archetype 'sniper'? I want to feel a deep connection to what in other games would be a gun i choose from a drop-down menu. i want to feel their struggles as my own and carry the weight of reaper's choices as i open a loot crate and dress him up like a mariachi

This game promised me heroes, not classes, and by god I intend to collect. :colbert:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Petitioning to add these two videos to the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3o7WHJU4p0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bE5NILPrMg

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Game releases but in excitement you rewind time to beforehand and have to wait even longer.

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

Doing drugs to pass the time until I can do drugs and play Overwatch. :420:

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I feel like I might join the dork side and finally be the bad Reaper every match deserves now that the game's actually launching and I can blend in with all the other bad newbies.

Either that or Zenyatta, the other hero I suck as and thus never got to play.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

speaking of d3, the new wow expansion brought back the concept of <area boss monster taunts you impotently from off screen>

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

kaleedity posted:

speaking of d3, the new wow expansion brought back the concept of <area boss monster taunts you impotently from off screen>

This has been in every WoW expansion that I remember.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Can you imagine how terrible it would be if they let the community make hero skins the way CS:GO lets people make weapon skins?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

I think if you have like less than 50 users watching, your name doesn't even show up on the list.

Your name absolutely does show up. I've seen people on the list who only had six viewers. You're just not going to be near the top. :v:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

If you don't like tropey-as-gently caress cartoon writing, I don't know what to tell you here in A Blizzard Subforum.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

kaleedity posted:

the family/crime syndicate has booted both hanzo and genji out, genji for being a lazy jerkoff and hanzo for being :smith: after dealing with genji

Oh that really wasn't clear, the official page suggests Hanzo is still part of the syndicate and is the brother most-enthusiastic about being a crimelord.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

GlitchThief posted:

If you don't like tropey-as-gently caress cartoon writing, I don't know what to tell you here in A Blizzard Subforum.

When does Reaper get his redemption arc?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
blizzard writing has always been, to me, charmingly bad

it isn't trying to be deep

its basically just 'here are some dudes, this is how we get them to fight in the coolest/quickest manner'

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

Thoughtless posted:

Either that or Zenyatta, the other hero I suck as and thus never got to play.

First game I ever played I picked Zen and got a 15 man killstreak. I thought he was completely overpowered.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Thoughtless posted:

This has been in every WoW expansion that I remember.

like in the middle of every instance? I think old-strath had it when you were following arthas around but it happens in literally every instance and most zones now.

GlitchThief posted:

hey I want it to be at least power rangers tier, not USA dubbed power rangers tier

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Adonis Gunther posted:

First game I ever played I picked Zen and got a 15 man killstreak. I thought he was completely overpowered.

He is, but don't tell anyone.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Adonis Gunther posted:

Not surprised. And that's like asking Satan to protect your babies. (Sorry Gaben!)

Do we know the price of a loot box yet?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I wanna leave work right now and go watch the bnet launcher for three hours while poo poo posting

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Adonis Gunther posted:

I was the same way with Hanzo. Killed a shitload of people with him in my first match and thought ezmode.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Imagined posted:

Can you imagine how terrible it would be if they let the community make hero skins the way CS:GO lets people make weapon skins?

Pretty good if they decided to have any kind of standards, since that's always the killer to systems like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

I was the same way with Hanzo. Killed a shitload of people with him in my first match and thought ezmode.

Ah, I used to play Rust, so Hanzo feels pretty good with his hefty arrow hitboxes.

edit: :smith: when I no longer play a game that isn't even out yet.