Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

If someone managed to beat me in street fighter while they're also beating their meat at the same time, I wouldn't even be mad, I'd be really impressed

"Please teach me Sensei!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"100 thread replies? Oh it's boob discussion."

It's not like there's anything better to talk about when it comes to SFV.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its ok to enjoy things that contain aspects you disagree with ideologically like for instance i love the music of Young Thug but irl i fully discourage rudeness to bitches

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Elphelt is lovely and I say this without having even played Guilty Gear Xrd

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Elphelt is lovely and I say this without having even played Guilty Gear Xrd

all jokes aside tho

gently caress her

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol the bottle isn't even close to the reason she's so drat powerful, it's mostly just a good close slash and an ok, if awkward, anti-air.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Jack Trades posted:

"100 thread replies? Oh it's boob discussion."

It's not like there's anything better to talk about when it comes to SFV.

Sad but true....

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Laura's voice is incredibly inappropriate

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

get in

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

lol the bottle isn't even close to the reason she's so drat powerful, it's mostly just a good close slash and an ok, if awkward, anti-air.

its mostly just how dumb the hitbox to hurtbox ratio is on that normal, again, gently caress her

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now post the slayer one

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'd get in. :smug:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

its mostly just how dumb the hitbox to hurtbox ratio is on that normal, again, gently caress her

It's kind of, sort of, got to be. It's her only real anti-air normal and it isn't one she has complete control over the use of, being a proximity normal. It also lacks upper body invuln.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BIOHAZARDOOOOO!

I'm not trying to join in on hitbox discussion. I just like that button.

EDIT:

BIOOOHAZARDOOOOO!!!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

good buttons please me

so you might wonder what I'm doing in the street fighter V thread lmbo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

It's kind of, sort of, got to be. It's her only real anti-air normal and it isn't one she has complete control over the use of, being a proximity normal. It also lacks upper body invuln.

bro

bro

gently caress

her

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

bro

bro

gently caress

her

Literally.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

so you might wonder what I'm doing in the street fighter V thread lmbo

Obviously talking about Fighting Game of the Year Street Fighter V

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lets just make this the lesser xrd thread because sfv is dead

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Well that cS does lead into half screen + corner carry into unblockable set up, or if, god forbid, she hits you with the cS in the corner, a 250+ damage shotgun loop.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

Laura's voice is incredibly inappropriate

Brazil can't even get the racist accent other emergent countries get for free nowadays, it sucks. :smith:

Jack Trades posted:

BIOHAZARDOOOOO!

I'm not trying to join in on hitbox discussion. I just like that button.

EDIT:

BIOOOHAZARDOOOOO!!!

It's okay, but YAKUZA KICK tho

whyimplayingfaokonow.jpg

Also token SFV discussion: ...we still have no official confirmation on who is the next DLC character or when it's gonna come out or anything, right?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

they got naruto in my guilty gear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If recent trends hold true it will probably be may 31st

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dias posted:

Brazil can't even get the racist accent other emergent countries get for free nowadays, it sucks. :smith:

It's okay, but YAKUZA KICK tho

whyimplayingfaokonow.jpg

Also token SFV discussion: ...we still have no official confirmation on who is the next DLC character or when it's gonna come out or anything, right?

Yakuza kick is the Akiha one where she crosses her arms and loving boots you in the nads

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

does chipp still scream random japanese words during his special moves i always loved that

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

does chipp still scream random japanese words during his special moves i always loved that

he also yells poo poo

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Goetta posted:

Do any people who are like poo poo tier Bronze like me maybe want to do a lobby some evening once a week to dick around and practice in? I added people from the spreadsheet to my list but I don't think most people really even look at that in game usually.

Weekly, semi-organized poo poo-tier sparring lobbies would be cool and good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Goetta posted:

Do any people who are like poo poo tier Bronze like me maybe want to do a lobby some evening once a week to dick around and practice in? I added people from the spreadsheet to my list but I don't think most people really even look at that in game usually.

Yeah

Cfn rocsfeather

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

NecroMonster posted:

yeah and the joke works way better now that the game has english voice acting

no more KISS MAH AYUSS though

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Love to talk about fighting games with my fellow goons. One of my favorite posts in this thread was written to the effect of " :iamafag: i bet sf5 guile can't do flash kick right after sonic boom like he could do in the old games lmbo" That post is extremely good to me because not only is that normally an incredibly retarded assertion, but due to the low charge times and insane recovery on sf5 sonic boom, the sf5 prediction also ended up false - and apparently guile is still garbage anyways? :raise:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

I-No is pure and cute.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Dang it i saw hundreds of posts and thought maybe the character got announced. Nope we've become GGXRD.

Not that GGXRD is bad at all in any means...

But goddammit capcom you could at least say what fighter is getting released.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you are not happy with SFV's Ryu you should try another, stronger Ryu.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

But goddammit capcom you could at least say what fighter is getting released.

It's kind of weird since it's probably Balrog + some Capcom guy said there was a playable version of him back in like December so you'd think this month's release would be a lot smoother than the past two

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I loved smash for years growing up, but I went to one tournament and vowed never to go back, now there's some people that would make all of us seem normal.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Seriously go watch any ol smash stream and at least 1 guy playing looks like he strangled a hooker a couple hours ago.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
That's not really news to anyone ITT

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

boxcarhobo posted:

all jokes aside tho

gently caress her

Elphelt owns man

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

wait smash players smell bad and smash is boring as hell to watch?

did anyone else know about this because it's news to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

If you are not happy with SFV's Ryu you should try another, stronger Ryu.

:yeah: