Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It's not like languages evolve over time or anything :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Iron Crowned posted:

I could care less about that, really.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Everyone shut up, I dropped a dice somewhere, please help me find the one, singular dice that I dropped so I can put it with the rest of my die in my bag where I keep my dices.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Uh pretty sure it's dies

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

mp5 posted:

Uh pretty sure it's dies

No, the singular form of Dice is clearly Douse

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I want to dice

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Moola posted:

I want to dice

And make julian fries?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Baron Snow posted:

how about a blood bowl team?

Long ago, the Snow Men swore an oath of loyalty to the Penguin Kingdom.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Baron Snow posted:

how about a blood bowl team?

Like, if they are made from ice cube trays won't the back of them be completely flat?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Iron Crowned posted:

It's the stupidest loving thing. With enough wrongs, anything becomes right!

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
You drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway? Is there no end to this madness???

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

moths posted:

It's the stupidest loving thing. With enough wrongs, anything becomes right!

You have to go left three times first.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Bad too. Not quite as reprehensible but still inappropriate.

how do you feel about people painting union jacks on their space barbies?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Davedave24 posted:

You drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway? Is there no end to this madness???

You have a pair of pants, but just one bra

wtf

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Moola posted:

I want to die

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

signalnoise posted:

You have a pair of pants, but just one bra

wtf

I have many pairs of pants but no bras whatsoever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Yeah same

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

jadebullet posted:

Ketchup and mustard go on hotdogs, not space marines.

Please let us know how the stripping goes. Man that paint is thick. I personally love seeing before and after stuff like this.

OK, I finally finished stripping the paint off this marine!

He spent a good while in nail varnish remover, which pretty much melted all the plastic, and got rid of most of the paint (middle photo)

I then put him in Dettol for another few weeks. Took him out today and gave him a good scrub (rightmost photo). There's still a tiny bit of blue on him - it just will not come off. I have no idea what 13 year old me painted him with to basically weld the blue paint onto him!

I now have a load more miniatures soaking in Dettol...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Amphigory posted:

He spent a good while in nail varnish remover, which pretty much melted all the plastic, and got rid of most of the paint (middle photo)

I then put him in Dettol for another few weeks. Took him out today and gave him a good scrub (rightmost photo). There's still a tiny bit of blue on him - it just will not come off. I have no idea what 13 year old me painted him with to basically weld the blue paint onto him!

I left a couple old metal marines in Simple Green for a few weeks and there's still flecks of red stuck to them. FWIW Simple Green won't dissolve plastic parts of models as well.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Amphigory posted:

It sounds like you're in the UK.

Order some Biostrip

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Colonial Air Force posted:

I have many pairs of pants but no bras whatsoever.

Take the hint man.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Amphigory posted:

A while back I painted a mini that had been in this state of condition for a project that never really materialized. Me and a guy on LAF wanted to do a big thread where people stripped their awful "first mini I ever painted" caliber Marines and then painted them to a modern standard in the same color schemes the awful ones had but life got in the way.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I was at a modeling (cardboard tanks, plastic planes, whatever) show yesterday and apparently they have a jj (<13 years) category for hams painting. The second place winner looked like something that will need a bath in a few years.

The first place winner was a guardsman that was neatly blocked out in base colors.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I forget that I follow Dakka on Facebook but I get these autogenerated posts that make it worth it:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Amphigory posted:

If you're stripping metal look for plastic weld/dichloromethane on eBay or your local hobby shop. Strips acrylics in minutes.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

TTerrible posted:

It sounds like you're in the UK.

Order some Biostrip

Z the IVth posted:

If you're stripping metal look for plastic weld/dichloromethane on eBay or your local hobby shop. Strips acrylics in minutes.

Thanks guys. I have about 10 guys sitting in Dettol now, but back at my Mum's I have loads of marines and orks, and if there's a quick and less stinking way to strip them I'm all for it

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Amphigory posted:

Thanks guys. I have about 10 guys sitting in Dettol now, but back at my Mum's I have loads of marines and orks, and if there's a quick and less stinking way to strip them I'm all for it

Don't put anything plastic in it or it will dissolve as well!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

SRM posted:

I forget that I follow Dakka on Facebook but I get these autogenerated posts that make it worth it:

Keywords brought to you by someone who knows their target audience.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Keywords brought to you by someone who knows their target audience.

Citie Fight, Titti, Titts... all the keywords of a 14yo Hams!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Biostrip is completely safe on plastic. Wonderful stuff!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

JcDent posted:

I was at a modeling (cardboard tanks, plastic planes, whatever) show yesterday and apparently they have a jj (<13 years) category for hams painting. The second place winner looked like something that will need a bath in a few years.

The first place winner was a guardsman that was neatly blocked out in base colors.

That's pretty sweet actually sure they won't be some of the fantastic prize winners you see but it's kids having fun

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014
So, about a year ago, I got a Blood Angels tactical squad box. Now, what do I do with this? Naturally, I stick on a bunch of Beastman bits that a friend had on them because I wanted to make some cool, independant, only-slightly-feral weirdos who take stuff from their enemies.

And then I PAINTED them.

This one stands out as being the worst of the lot.

I'd like to say I've improved since I painted this guy, but only slightly.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
How old are you?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
What the...I don't even... ???

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014

MasterSlowPoke posted:

How old are you?

Old enough to know to thin my paints. I'm not proud of it, either.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Might I offer two pieces of advice?

1) use more than 2 colours. But not as many as I did in my own submissions to this thread.
2) THIN UR PAINTZ.

Honestly though, fair play for posting. Stick at it and you will improve. And its better than bare plastic. Unless you enthusiastically convert bewbs onto everything, in which case I look forward to your future efforts again gracing this thread!

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014
This was before I even properly decided on a color scheme (If I get more Blood Angels, I'll do red/gold/purple in some combination). I'm really not proud of the job I did on, like, my whole tactical squad.

Good thing I play Guard now and don't have to show that disappointment to anyone I'm playing against.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SRM posted:

Won't writing "Warhammer 40,000" like that with the comma mess up his tags?

Search for:

warhammer 40
titti

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
So finding 15mm Hueys is a bitch, so someone has put these beauty's on ebay.

Badly painted yes, but not the worst the tread has seen, and only £20 for 6! wait....

They are converted pencil sharpeners!

The worst part is part of me wants to buy them and see how much work it would be to convert them into usable models. I'd have to figure out how to make a flight stand though.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just stick a pencil in them?