Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
People report wearing luck trinket gives you more poo poo if you open a box while wearing it.

I believe that to be highly placebo but in my games as long as I get a strength potion before the ogre I don't really care what happens because I'm always pushing through poo poo and getting mad when people waste time going down that loving pointless alley in Magnus right next to the ammo box after the two tomes & first grim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kruber's ability to carry a zweihander AND a handgun is why he is the hero the Empire needs and deserves.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Kruber's ability to carry a zweihander AND a blunderbuss is why he is the hero the Empire needs and deserves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dd they make the blunderbuss not poo poo?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It's poo poo against ogre and packmaster because it's bugged against those two enemies damage-wise for no reason in particular when in reality the Grudge Raker and Blunderbuss should be the single highest amounts of DPS in the entire game. For everything else they own.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I'll see your ability to carry all that and raise you ~75 flintlock pistols.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

KillerQueen posted:

I'll see your ability to carry all that and raise you ~75 flintlock pistols.

We settled this earlier, he doesn't so much carry them as is more made of them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

It's poo poo against ogre and packmaster because it's bugged against those two enemies damage-wise for no reason in particular when in reality the Grudge Raker and Blunderbuss should be the single highest amounts of DPS in the entire game. For everything else they own.

Actually, I think Roger and Packmasters are what's called 'resistant'. It isn't a bug, they intentionally made the shotguns weaker against them so the shotgun wouldn't be the Roger Killer 2016.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Skandranon posted:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/404559246949690495/400BAE47844FA673515492E1788A78782B495546/

Night10194 posted:

Actually, I think Roger and Packmasters are what's called 'resistant'. It isn't a bug, they intentionally made the shotguns weaker against them so the shotgun wouldn't be the Roger Killer 2016.

hosed up if true

Doesn't matter because Hagbane just 5 seconds the ogre anyway.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 24, 2016

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Skandranon posted:

I like that, but I prefer the mental image of an old man juggling pistols.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Uh oh these shotguns are actually good at something and have a distinct role, better put a stop to that with a band-aid that is not communicated to players at all

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I was wondering why packmasters were so much harder to put down than the other specials.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Digirat posted:

Uh oh these shotguns are actually good at something and have a distinct role, better put a stop to that with a band-aid that is not communicated to players at all

Especially the packmaster, which is like ground zero of the shotgun's role.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Hey we should try getting goon groups for this game going again. What is the de jure hangout thing nowadays? Steam is kind of obnoxious to idle in the chatroom because it refuses to auto-join, and it seems like most people aren't huge fans of mumble hangouts.

Should we try a Discord? Or should I just ask for admin over the Vermintide channels in Mumble and get it linked with the payday 2 hangout group to make hanging out a little less lonely? Or what let's chat on the internet here

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I do not think attempting the Grim Run with the dev on a gamepad and 2 pubbies was wise, Lunethex.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Kruber's ability to carry a giant goddamned hammer AND a handgun is why he is the hero the Empire needs and deserves.
:colbert:

I wish Kruber had a halberd though. Maybe with the elf getting a spear we might see something like that down the line. It is basically THE iconic state troop weapon.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Night10194 posted:

I do not think attempting the Grim Run with the dev on a gamepad and 2 pubbies was wise, Lunethex.

Big problem was he is in Sweden and I'm in the US. The input lag was atrocious!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Safety Factor posted:

:colbert:

I wish Kruber had a halberd though. Maybe with the elf getting a spear we might see something like that down the line. It is basically THE iconic state troop weapon.

Honestly I don't think Kruber has any bad weapons.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Can't wait for console players to get smashed on this game, it's gonna rule.\

I had fun but holy poo poo the people in that chat are clueless about the weapons in the game. Anyway for people curious, the new Saltzpyre Crossbow will fire 3 bolts at once with an alt fire, can fire 15 times maybe before reloading. The Polearm is apparently going to be a Stormvermin killer which I don't feel strongly about because the bows can do a better job than melee usually but being able to go full Shadow of Rome sounds great.

I am definitely not looking forward to that darkness & torch bullshit. Sounds extremely annoying.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 24, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't find where to ask questions and I can't watch the stream live. I just want the ask if they'll try for cross-platform to try and bolster player numbers. I know they're a small dev and probably not super experienced with the idea but Rocket League made it seem painless.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

God drat I've been hosting a game for the past 20 minutes and not a soul showed up. I checked the lobby browser and I only see two games with 1 person each in them. The game hub shows 370 people playing. For the duration of their DevStream they drew 1.5x that number thanks to the giving away of hats for Bardin. And none of them are playing the game!

Well to be fair, if they actually are, they don't pub.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I will fight rat with you, Lunethex.

Sorry about having to bail after a bit; had an important family phone call to handle and can't do that while ratting.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 24, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

RAT

KILL

KILL

RAT

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How does one find other goons for rat killing when it is time, anyway?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Hey we should try getting goon groups for this game going again. What is the de jure hangout thing nowadays? Steam is kind of obnoxious to idle in the chatroom because it refuses to auto-join, and it seems like most people aren't huge fans of mumble hangouts.

Should we try a Discord? Or should I just ask for admin over the Vermintide channels in Mumble and get it linked with the payday 2 hangout group to make hanging out a little less lonely? Or what let's chat on the internet here

yes i would like to know the same thing

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

yes i would like to know the same thing

What is your steam name, I will help you kill rats now that my family stuff is handled.

Alternately, I am in the mumble.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/id/HieronomousCoolguy/ is me, i am also Coolguy in the mumble. I idle in there 24/7 around the Payday guys so just because you see me doesn't necessarily mean I'm there, but if I'm available I am generally happy to kill a rat.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
I've not had any trouble finding a game so far, but I'm in *~europe~* so maybe it's different in NA

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
join steam group and send invites when i want to play is what I do

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Double post I'm going to kill rats now if anyone wants to join

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My new Vermintide pet hate:

'I have loot trinket, let me open all chests pls thk u'

*I open a chest*

'DID U NOT RED I HAVE TRINKET 50% LUCK ALL CHES'

No one cares man, if you want to open all the chests then you better loving get there first instead of pricking about at the back with that clanrat you made friends with.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I played Dwarf Doomguy yesterday

I am never playing another way from here on in

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

I played Dwarf Doomguy yesterday

I am never playing another way from here on in

Is this referring to the plasma cannon dwarf because that was a very helpful dwarf to have along.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

No, Lune pointed out to me that the Grudge Raker and the Blunderbuss have free shoves that actually do a substantial amount of damage (1 shove kills a nightmare slave rat, 2 kills a clan rat). Attack speed wise the shove is a bit slower than shield bash spam but is much much easier to keep up due to the easier input and if you're quick on weapon switching you can even get around the cool down. The spread has also been seriously toned down since I used it last and it was not difficult to get kills from halfway across a room.

So I had a double barreled shotgun and needed to use basically nothing else because I could shove kill my way to victory when I was not blasting rats like a man and a half.

I quoted neuDoom's rip and tear at the beginning of a level and it was never more appropriate.

That said, setting everything on fire with the Drakefires will always have a special place in my heart.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Because the devs have a problem with sharing information in the places people look to the most, a reddit popped up. The DLC will cost around $8 for three new maps. The 'torch' for the magic darkness area or whatever can only be held by one player so the party has to follow them. Thank god. I'm not carrying it. I bet you die incrementally being away from it too. No, Sienna doesn't count as a torch, she's not magic enough I guess. They still won't post a changelog because they probably won't even have their "preparatory patch" ready for tomorrow.

Either way still hyped. I'll buy the DLC so you don't have to.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Guessing only one person needs to own the maps again? If so that's a pretty good deal, assuming the new levels are as long and tough(er) than the base game's. Are the new weapons supposed to be folded into this DLC or are they coming later/separately?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It's coming with the patch or DLC, whichever. Also apparently there will be over 60 bug fixes. I may have posted this too already but they are not redesigning any weapons with this patch in case anyone was worried/hopeful.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Wow I just read the DLC page and the two new weapons only drop on the DLC maps apparently

This is in addition to the maps also having their own tomes & grims

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Lunethex posted:

I had fun but holy poo poo the people in that chat are clueless about the weapons in the game. Anyway for people curious, the new Saltzpyre Crossbow will fire 3 bolts at once with an alt fire, can fire 15 times maybe before reloading. The Polearm is apparently going to be a Stormvermin killer which I don't feel strongly about because the bows can do a better job than melee usually but being able to go full Shadow of Rome sounds great.

it sounds silly, because she already has potions of strength for dealing with stormvermin in an emergency, or killing those dudes on ramparts guarding the bell anchors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It's finally happening.

quote:

Feature Changes
The Map has been expanded: Prepare to travel outside of Ubersreik!
Added a new Fire particle effect for Bombs
Redesigned Lobby Browser
AFK-detection no longer triggers during End of Level screen
Chat can now be scrolled using PgUp & PgDn keys
Chat text size can now be changed
Chat can now be disabled: Notifications such as Player Joined, Left etc will still be shown
The F1 key can now be rebound
Enabled Pixel Snapping when running on 1920x1080 or above: This should make certain UI elements sharper
Ammo Amount is now shown for ranged weapons in the Inventory
Added an option for Overcharge Opacity
Added an option for swapping Gamepad icons between Xbox or Playstation look
Updated automatic hardware detection in launcher
Improved the push distance of Devastating Blow

Bug Fixes
Fixed crash: bad argument #2 to ‘distance_squared’
Fixed crash: rpc_sync_interaction_state
Fixed a crash related to Gutter Runners losing their target
Fixed a crash in the damage system
Fixed a crash in the lobby browser
Fixed a locomotion crash
Fixed a spawn manager crash
Fixed a crash related to health bars
Fixed a death zone crash
Fixed an exploit on The Fall
Fixed an error with German localization in Shrine of Solace
Fixed a bug where the Fireball Staff effect could be seen floating beside the staff *This wasn't a bug with the fireball staff, it was a bug with the Red staff model being too big so the particle effect was misplaced.
Fixed a bug where footstep sounds weren’t always playing correctly
Fixed an issue with Rat Ogre pathing
Fixed a bug where enemies could spawn further away than intended
Fixed an issue with enemies hitting through floors and walls
Fixed a bug where Stormvermin Patrols could get stuck
Reworked end of level flow to solve issue with game not ending
Fixed an achievement bug
Fixed a resolution issue when UI not correctly scaled
Fixed a bug where players could respawn with an incorrect amount of health
Fixed a bug where sorting of Damage Taken in End of Level screen was inverted
Fixed a bug where UI hints could get stuck on the screen
Fixed an issue where rebinding Chat to left mouse button would make it impossible to use menus (Who would ever do this?)
Fixed an area in The Enemy Below where you could end up outside the level
Fixed a bug where changing the Weapon Switch Scroll Type to Off in gameplay settings and reopening the menu would show an incorrect string as the option
Fixed an issue where the Bright Wizard Overcharge meters were slightly uneven
Fixed a respawn point on Garden of Morr
Fixed a bug where the Defeat screen could show up whilst starting a level
Fixed a localization bug in the Forge
Removed a hole in the ground where you could get stuck on Engines of War
Fixed a location where Rat Ogres could get stuck on Engines of War
Fixed an issue where players could respawn in an unreachable location on Engines of War
Fixed a graphical artifact when holding any key during the intro cinematic
Fixed a crash that could occur when entering and exiting inventory quickly
Fixed a bug where Stormvermin would attempt to swing through walls
Fixed a bug where the matchmaking UI could get stuck if you readied up quickly after closing a menu
Fixed a bug where the Innkeeper’s head could magically disappear
Fixed an odd hole on Town Meeting
Fixed an exploit on Town Meeting
Fixed another exploit on Town Meeting
Fixed a lighting issue on Town Meeting
Fixed a location which bots couldn’t reach on Town Meeting
Fixed an issue where you could see through part of the world on Supply and Demand
Fixed a bug where enemies could spawn under the floor on Supply and Demand (This was already fixed though...)
Fixed a bug where the ground was misplaced in a location on Supply and Demand
Fixed an exploit on Supply and Demand
Fixed an issue where a table could magically disappear on Supply and Demand
Fixed an exploit on Horn of Magnus
Fixed a culling issue on Garden of Morr
Fixed an odd hole on Garden of Morr
Fixed a location where you could get stuck on Garden of Morr
Fixed an issue where players were unable to pass through a specific area on Garden of Morr
Fixed a bug where enemies could spawn in the starting zone on Garden of Morr (This is not an actual problem though. They dont spawn near players but they spawn specials running up the first set of stairs you go down. WAY far away from the actual beginning and you can hear them. Pointless 'fix')
Fixed a bug where certain objects would magically disappear on Garden of Morr
Fixed a stretched texture bug on Garden of Morr
Fixed a bug where you could get stuck in the maze on Garden of Morr
Fixed an issue where you could fall through the world on Garden of Morr
Fixed a culling issue on Smuggler’s Run
Fixed some rocks that were defying gravity, also a skull
Fixed some minor glitches with Empire Soldier and Waywatcher models
Fixed a bug where the backend would occasionally return an invalid ticket error
Fixed a bug with the chaining of certain heavy attacks
Fixed a bug where Ratling gunners would fire into walls whilst tracking their target despite not having line of sight (loving finally!! But wait, how about fixing them sliding when hit with Damage over Time effects??)
Fixed a crash which could occur when opening a chest
Fixed a bug where Trueflight arrows had trouble hitting their target
Fixed a crash with the Trueflight bow

There's a whole lot of loving nothing in these bug fixes I've got to say. About 1/3rd of it looks good on glance, but regrowth slowing character movement wasn't mentioned and I wonder what this "chaining of power attacks" means. Also something about "exploits" on maps. Gee I wonder. This is coming in at 5 gigabytes so make your drive ready if you're playing. I also bolded all the parts that are good fixes with the exception of a few I had to point out were pointless because :spergin:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 26, 2016

• Locked thread