Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

Why are people so obsessed with overwatch beta player death statistics

I've never seen this with any other game

jokes never die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I don't have a favorite character in particular yet, just a few I like playing less than others.

Which is probably for the best because based on my beta experience 90% of the time I'm going to have to fill the tank or support role because everybody else wants to be their special waifu.

Help Im Alive posted:

Nobody's "obsessed", its just there was on reddit post about it and a lot of people shared it and/or are talking about it because its kinda weird or funny. :shrug:

You've never seen it with any other game because its weird and random, which is why people are talking about it. Its not a thing people "obsess" about over every game or anything. You're over-thinking it.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^^ I actually like Tank and Support the most, especially Lucio/DVa/Symettra, mostly because my FPS mechanics are kind of garbage.

Help Im Alive posted:

Because we didn't know that if they died before a game released before now, they wouldn't get to play Overwatch.

Now we do.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

Can you imagining dying before getting to play the release version of Overwatch? That would for sure be the worst day ever

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Raged posted:

I have no self control. Also bought Total War: Warhammer

Creative Assembly is the electrified cupcake.

Or is it Lucy with the football

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Help Im Alive posted:

the sheer size of this playerbase is a fun thing to try to wrap your mind around

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who wants to argue? Where can I download the latest aim esp hacks?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Raged posted:

I have no self control. Also bought Total War: Warhammer

It's pretty neato.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

PerrineClostermann posted:

Huh, so they included a copy of Jaina for Heroes of the Storm. There's nothing special with it, right? I already got her in that game's box set.

yeah its just a free hero. GIve it to a friend who plays hots and doesnt have her.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Creative Assembly is the electrified cupcake.

Or is it Lucy with the football

CA has shown off a ton about the game and given it to streamers and all kinds of stuff early so they can show off unscripted gameplay as well. Apparently the multiplayer is kind of poo poo but everything else has been pretty positive.

There now in 48 hours you can formally say "I told you so."

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Tenzarin posted:

Ask those C9 guys.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Tenzarin posted:

Good news friend. Blizzard removed "aiming" from most characters. Overwatch is post-aim gaming

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Help Im Alive posted:

I want someone from ISIS to post on the reddit saying "None of you will make it."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

foutre posted:

^^^ I actually like Tank and Support the most, especially Lucio/DVa/Symettra, mostly because my FPS mechanics are kind of garbage.

I'm caught in a very frustrating position where I'm better at FPS than most of my friends who are buying Overwatch, but because I'm better I'm also more familiar with the game mechanics and the characters and I've played more in beta, so what ended up happening in the open beta is they'd all pick Reaper or Genji or McCree and only that character, and then I'd be forced to play Reinhart or Mercy or Lucio, and then I'd have to stand around healing them or shielding them while watching them suck at shooting things knowing that I could actually maybe hit something once in awhile.

At least in TF2 people who couldn't aim tended to gravitate towards Medic or Heavy :smith: In this it feels like people who can't aim choose McCree or Widowmaker more often than not. Blizz messed up by making them look too cool and appealing.

Ah well, it should sort itself out in the full release after awhile, more a problem with them being really unfamiliar with the classes during beta.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

Xguard86 posted:

How do ps4 goons usually coordinate games? The goon community on PSN or discord? I feel like the forum is too slow for catching people

join the goonerwatch psn community, friend

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm caught in a very frustrating position where I'm better at FPS than most of my friends who are buying Overwatch, but because I'm better I'm also more familiar with the game mechanics and the characters and I've played more in beta, so what ended up happening in the open beta is they'd all pick Reaper or Genji or McCree and only that character, and then I'd be forced to play Reinhart or Mercy or Lucio, and then I'd have to stand around healing them or shielding them while watching them suck at shooting things knowing that I could actually maybe hit something once in awhile.

At least in TF2 people who couldn't aim tended to gravitate towards Medic or Heavy :smith: In this it feels like people who can't aim choose McCree or Widowmaker more often than not. Blizz messed up by making them look too cool and appealing.

Ah well, it should sort itself out in the full release after awhile, more a problem with them being really unfamiliar with the classes during beta.

I have that same issue. I've started just saying "gently caress it, someone needs to do damage. it can't be on me to do it all" and swap to a damage class. Generally that either guilts someone into picking up the other role or they recognize that even without help I'm doing more than they were so maybe I'm worth healing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zorodius posted:

Good news friend. Blizzard removed "aiming" from most characters. Overwatch is post-aim gaming

Can you frame this into an argument, I don't know how to talk to you.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Tenzarin posted:

Can you frame this into an argument, I don't know how to talk to you.

If you have to aim to do well in this game I don't know what to tell you smh

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I admire your efforts to support your friends as they improve their fps skills

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Knifegrab posted:

If you have to aim to do well in this game I don't know what to tell you smh

Who needs to aim if you have a turret?

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
I wouldn't mind if someone at Blizzard tripped and accidentally hit the on switch right now.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

it'd be really sad if I died in a car accident on the way home

because my family would miss me

dont be #350, gently caress that

I went outside increasing the risk of dying because I was hungry and I drove to get some food and came back and I was real careful and paying attention to the road and buckled my seatbelt. If some rear end in a top hat was gonna t-bone me in the face and paralyze me if I wasn't killed... I already had a plan *puts on driving gloves and puts toothpick in mouth while tugging on my tiger sukajan jacket*

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Go switch-flipper!! GOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmmgx_jPlKI

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Tenzarin posted:

Who needs to aim if you have a turret?

#agreed. If you aren't playing as Toblerone what's even the point?

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Just thought I'd get this out there now, gently caress you for having the skin I want

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

dont be #350, gently caress that

I went outside increasing the risk of dying because I was hungry and I drove to get some food and came back and I was real careful and paying attention to the road and buckled my seatbelt. If some rear end in a top hat was gonna t-bone me in the face and paralyze me if I wasn't killed... I already had a plan *puts on driving gloves and puts toothpick in mouth while tugging on my tiger sukajan jacket*

for all you know you might have choked on your food and your hell is that you wont get to play OW. :ohdear:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So the new character will have an ability to eat dirt to heal?

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Talking to a friend right now whose friend died from complications due to sickle cell anemia. Guess what? he was looking forward to Overwatch. Add one more to the count fellas

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HardDisk posted:

for all you know you might have choked on your food and your hell is that you wont get to play OW. :ohdear:

omg, I was eating the food on the way back! I was being insanely reckless and tripling my chances of dying before Overwatch was launched!!1 :wth: :byodame: :wth:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Troutz posted:

Talking to a friend right now whose friend died from complications due to sickle cell anemia. Guess what? he was looking forward to Overwatch. Add one more to the count fellas

:eyepop:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Free Cheese posted:

Just thought I'd get this out there now, gently caress you for having the skin I want

will suck dick for pharah skin

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Help Im Alive posted:

will suck dick for pharah skin

That ones not bad. but I like the new raptorian better.
They both look very gundamy. The zone of enders anubis one is great too.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Troutz posted:

:eyepop: holy poo poo that sucks

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

omg, I was eating the food on the way back! I was being insanely reckless and tripling my chances of dying before Overwatch was launched!!1 :wth: :byodame: :wth:

stay safe food ghost.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
People have died Blizzard.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blizzard I am dying! Please turn the servers on so I play one quick match before I d

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DrPlump posted:

Blizzard I am dying! Please turn the servers on so I play one quick match before I d

man how lucky it is to hit that post button just when you croak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Got my workout and wank done. Just gotta watch Orphan Black and Veep and I'm all ready for a full day of overwatchin'.