Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
If there's another opening in the goonguild, I'd love to join. Ingame as Confettish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mr Confetti posted:

If there's another opening in the goonguild, I'd love to join. Ingame as Confettish.

Hilarity and Superschaf have been gone a couple days, ask again on sunday and if they're still gone, I'll boot one for you.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
So, I'm still quite new and doing ToD. I'm stuck on Floor 50. I have a 5* Raskreia, Chris, Serendi and Deborah. I have a 4* Jenny and Mu. Is the answer to just farm characters with 1 square attacks?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Hilarity and Superschaf have been gone a couple days, ask again on sunday and if they're still gone, I'll boot one for you.

I haven't had a ton of time to play recently, but I should be more active again.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

So, I'm still quite new and doing ToD. I'm stuck on Floor 50. I have a 5* Raskreia, Chris, Serendi and Deborah. I have a 4* Jenny and Mu. Is the answer to just farm characters with 1 square attacks?

Where on earth is your Jack? If you have Jack + Jack merc, you can down the boss in 2 turns. You need Jack and his third skill maxed.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it's basically the biggest flaw with the game: Health Sponge bosses mean that you pretty much always need Jack in your party for boss fights.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I just started up this game and it's fun so far, but I've found the tutorials leave a lot of information out. I've also read the info in the newbie section on page 1 of this thread, but I still have a couple of questions:

1. Unknown Genes - I thought that these were used to recruit heroes, but I seem to only be able to use them to get DNA or whatever for heroes I already have. What exactly should I use or save them for?

2. Hero recruitment - Is it really just a case of playing through the campaign and I'll eventually get all the heroes, or is there another non-paying way to recruit heroes? Which heroes should I be investing time/effort into?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I don't have any Jack mercs, though :sigh:

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

PotatoManJack posted:

1. Unknown Genes - I thought that these were used to recruit heroes, but I seem to only be able to use them to get DNA or whatever for heroes I already have. What exactly should I use or save them for?

You can only use them to get genes for those 4 heroes, this confused me as well.

PotatoManJack posted:

2. Hero recruitment - Is it really just a case of playing through the campaign and I'll eventually get all the heroes, or is there another non-paying way to recruit heroes? Which heroes should I be investing time/effort into?

You can get many of the heroes through the campaign. Some you just get through the story, like Jin. Each island will have a thing on the left saying how many genes you need to get to recruit some heroes. So if it says 48, you do the boss' mission at higher than the lowest difficulty, and you get genes. Collect enough and you get the hero. Then you keep doing that to get more genes to level their skills.

Some you only get genes through the Honor battle, some only through Dimension Portal or whatever it's called. Some have conditions, like Sione, where you have to 100% each island. Clicking the heros and then "recruitment info" you can see how to get them.

One, Seira, you had to spend $100 of real money to get.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

I don't have any Jack mercs, though :sigh:

Add me: Somefool200 if you haven't already. I've switched my merc to Jack for now.

Just a warning for anyone who adds me, please don't set your merc to Deb or Kai. Those are way too common and really lovely mercs that I tend to remove from my friends list when it gets full.

If anyone needs a specific hero for merc just post it here and I will change to it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Somefool posted:

Add me: Somefool200 if you haven't already. I've switched my merc to Jack for now.

Just a warning for anyone who adds me, please don't set your merc to Deb or Kai. Those are way too common and really lovely mercs that I tend to remove from my friends list when it gets full.

If anyone needs a specific hero for merc just post it here and I will change to it.

I'm getting a "The requested friend cannot be found." notice when I try to add you. :(

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm getting a "The requested friend cannot be found." notice when I try to add you. :(

Weird. Are you playing on Global server?

Alternatively, you can give me your name and I can add you.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Uh, Pioneer server. Ausgoon. My ingame is WAR FOOT.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

Uh, Pioneer server. Ausgoon. My ingame is WAR FOOT.

I think the majority of goons are on global server, so rip because game data aren't cross server. That explains why you couldn't add me.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

That's loving dumb. So I have to either restart and lose Raskreia or continue where I am?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Finally unlocked Lena :neckbeard:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Helical Nightmares posted:

Finally unlocked Lena :neckbeard:

Grats. I neglected DB entirely for most of the game so I'm playing catch up now. 100 genes to go for Lena.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

That's loving dumb. So I have to either restart and lose Raskreia or continue where I am?

More or less. I don't think this game have server transfers, so yeah you're out of luck.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I don't fully understand the extraction system. Sure, I'm getting gold for my chaff, but there's this counter that says extractions will eventually get me a set item, except the count never decrements. How does it work?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Iunnrais posted:

I don't fully understand the extraction system. Sure, I'm getting gold for my chaff, but there's this counter that says extractions will eventually get me a set item, except the count never decrements. How does it work?

There are 5 separate blue bars, one for each star rank.

How much the blue bar fills depends on the rarity of the item. If you're only extracting normal (white) items, then the thing will barely move. The higher the rarity (pink>orange>blue>green>white), the more it will fill up and when it fills up completely, you will get a blue stone that will spit out a random platinum item with a low chance of it being a set item. If you fill up enough bars, which is what those numbers represent at the lower left, you will get a red stone which will only spit out a set item.

Grinding set items will also fill in the bar A LOT more but it's generally not worth doing because they might rework even the shittiest of sets later.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

There are 5 separate blue bars, one for each star rank.

How much the blue bar fills depends on the rarity of the item. If you're only extracting normal (white) items, then the thing will barely move. The higher the rarity (pink>orange>blue>green>white), the more it will fill up and when it fills up completely, you will get a blue stone that will spit out a random platinum item with a low chance of it being a set item. If you fill up enough bars, which is what those numbers represent at the lower left, you will get a red stone which will only spit out a set item.

Grinding set items will also fill in the bar A LOT more but it's generally not worth doing because they might rework even the shittiest of sets later.

The important thing to know is, if you have the mats to spare, the most cost effective way to build alchemy gauge is by raising normal items up to blue and then extracting.

About the new event shop: Buy all your daily poo poo. You can neglect the coocoos if you don't need them, but I'd grab them anyway. In the limited section, the order is: Sweet & Scary Chocolate Warrior > Dasomier Battle Suit (Mass Production Type) > Perfect Genes > Power of the Ancients > Nepthys Adventurer.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
TL;DR

Guild Raid coming soon

Stay in the Guild and Participate in Battle of Honor once per day so we maximize the rewards.

Guild Raid Update Pre-Events #1!

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/6085-Guild-Raid-Update-Pre-Events-#1!

quote:

Guild Raid Update Pre-Events #1!
Taking RPG to the Next Level #SRPG

Greetings Lords, this is Fantasy War Tactics support team.

As mentioned in the recent Developer’s Note, there will be three different guild update pre-events!

One! [Join a Guild and Get Soul Gear Summon Shards!]

▶ Event Period: (Thurs.) – 06.01 (Wed.)

▶ How to Participate: Join a guild! The number of members of your guild will determine the rewards!

* Please stay in a guild until 06. 02 (Thurs.) for event participation*

▶ Event Rewards:

Guild Members 1 - 5: Soul Gear Summon Shards x10

Guild Members 6 - 10: Soul Gear Summon Shards x20

Guild Members 11 - 15: Soul Gear Summon Shards x30

Guild Members 16 - 20: Soul Gear Summon Shards x50

*What is Soul Gear Summon Shard?

It’s a shard that can be crafted to Soul Gear Summon Piece (The details will be notified through the future patch note)

▶ Result Announcement: 06. 07(Tues.)

▶ Event Notes

1) Event rewards will be based on the number of guild members on 06.02 (Thurs.)

2) You will not receive the rewards if you leave a guild during 05.19(Thurs.) and 06.02(Thurs.)

3) The rewards will be delivered through inbox and will be discarded if not received within 48 hours of delivery.

4) If you have already joined a guild, you will automatically be participating the event.

Two! [Racing to the Top! Battle of Honor Participation Event]

▶ Event Period: 05.23 (Mon.) 00:30 am (UTC+00) – 05.30 (Mon.) before the BoH season ends

▶ Event Note:

The number of members of your guild that participate in the Battle of Honor will determine the rewards! * Please stay in a guild until 06.02 (Thurs. ) for event participation*

▶ Event Rewards:

BoH Participation 5 or more members: 1★ Guaranteed Set Item Capsule x3

BoH Participation 10 or more members: 2★ Guaranteed Set Item Capsule x3

BoH Participation 15 or more members: 3★ Guaranteed Set Item Capsule x3

* The rewards are not cumulative.

▶ Result Announcement: 06. 07 (Tues.)

Event Note:

1) Event rewards will be based on the joined guild upon 06.02 (Thurs.) server maintenance.

2) Each capsule gives one set item..

3) The rewards will be delivered through inbox and will be discarded within 48 hours of delivery.

Three! [2x EXP & Gene Fragment Event!]

Guild Raid - Dark Fortress 1 of 2

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/6068-Developer%E2%80%99s-Note-#10-%96-Guild-Raid-Dark-Fortress-(1)-–-Synopsis

quote:

Developer’s Note #10 – Guild Raid Dark Fortress (1) – Synopsis
Developer’s Note #10 – Guild Raid Dark Fortress (1) – Synopsis

Hello, this is JK from FWT development team.

Today, I will be talking about probably the most anticipated new contents, “Guild Raid – Dark Fortress.” The developer’s note on the guild raid will be divided into two versions as there is a fair amount to be discussed.

Developer’s Note #10 – Guild Raid Dark Fortress(1) – Synopsis
Developer’s Note #11 – Guild Raid Dark Fortress(2)– Main Features – coming soon

Dark Fortress entails a different story line from that of World Conquest.

Dark Fortress

Story
Lord and his companions encounter a particularly strange-looking sword that is stuck in the ground on their grand mission to world conquest. Feeling clueless at such a bizarre sight, Lord and his companions nevertheless decide to move on and continue on their journey. Then, the sword transforms into an even stranger female figure, equipped with shiny armor. The lady introduces herself as Soul Gear OOO and desperately asks the lord to become her master to stop Deimos.
Soon, Lord and his companions start heading towards the Dark Fortress, which is occupied by Deimos and other six soul gears under his control. These soul gears under Deimos’ possession are not human beings and can be revived again and again upon their deaths. The battle against these soul gears look grim as they become stronger and stronger after each revival..

(Deimos)

The final boss of the Dark Fortress, Deimos, was once an emperor of the Ancient Lagrangian Empire, known to have been a war fanatic at the same time. How could he possibly resurrect in times of New Ellian Kingdom?

Soul Gear
Soul gears were created by the Lagrangian Grand Wizard Epsilon under the reign of Emperor Deimos, with soul stones that are said to possess great strength. These gears have their own consciousness and draw potentials of their masters to the maximum.

However, Deimos corrupted their consciousness, turning them into battle machines of mass destruction. Alas, after becoming complete monsters, these soul gears started drinking blood and collecting revengeful spirits of the deaths. In these times of grim hours, there was one soul gear that did not fall into the darkness of corruption..

Soul Gear Monsters Development Concepts

After watching his Soul Gears fall into corruption one by one, the Grand Wizard Epsilon felt great agony with disappointment and despair. Then, just before his death, he created the final Soul Gear.
Her features mirrored the looks of human beings but she was created only to fight the other soul gears; she sleeps when they sleep and rises when they rise.

This is all for the synopsis of the Dark Fortress.

There are three major things we considered the most while developing the guild-raid contents.
① Participation: The users should be able to participate every day and receive rewards accordingly
② Convenience: Should be easily played as it is on a mobile platform. At the same time, it needs to have features to strengthen SRPG characteristics.
③ Cooperation: Competition between guilds needs to be rightly promoted.

For more development intentions and different features, I will be back with the next Developer’s Note #11-Guild Raid Dark Fortress(2).

Lastly, as we have been receiving many suggestions and opinions on the event shop in the past few weeks, there will be a 10 million gold (!!) event shop from tomorrow. There will also be various guild raid pre-events so we hope that many of you participate!

Thank you

*The update schedule will be notified on the next patch note*
** Some of the names of boss monsters might change upon the update**

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010
Speaking of guilds, can I get an invite to the goon guild if there is room? Name is DonTrump

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
Sounds like Enough interest to start a second guild?I would like to get in on this guild event

Saitorr
Dec 23, 2008

YES THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES IN BOTH COLOR AND LENGTH
I just started playing this and would be interested in a guild...

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
I'm also interested in a second goon guild.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
I would be down for a second goon guild as well.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Ugh, I need to get my 3* sets in order.

I currently have:

Mad Guitarist Full Set x2 (One is on Bearman)
Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian. One full set and extra Tiger Hood (dodge stat)
Super Ranger: Pink Full Set (currently on Chenny)
Shadow Corps Full Set (currently on Gillan)
Muzaka, Seira, Raskreia, and Frakenstein wearing their unique sets
Black Crescent Full Set (currently on Carrot)

Current 5*s I use:
Bearman
Chenny
Deborah
Gillan
Jack
Muzaka
Seira
Unknown
Serendi
Nirvana

Any advice on who should get the other Mad guitarist set, tiger claw tribe guardian set, and possible swaps?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

Ugh, I need to get my 3* sets in order.

I currently have:

Mad Guitarist Full Set x2 (One is on Bearman)
Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian. One full set and extra Tiger Hood (dodge stat)
Super Ranger: Pink Full Set (currently on Chenny)
Shadow Corps Full Set (currently on Gillan)
Muzaka, Seira, Raskreia, and Frakenstein wearing their unique sets
Black Crescent Full Set (currently on Carrot)

Current 5*s I use:
Bearman
Chenny
Deborah
Gillan
Jack
Muzaka
Seira
Unknown
Serendi
Nirvana

Any advice on who should get the other Mad guitarist set, tiger claw tribe guardian set, and possible swaps?

either put full Tiger Claw on Serendi or Carrot (assuming a dodge build) or put a two piece each on two BoH characters. Put the other mad guitarist on Unknown unless you're saving him for Sweet & Scary Chocolate Warrior (Run him out into enemies and fire his second skill, watch the carnage.) If you put tiger claw on Carrot, move the black crescent set to Unknown, and bump Mad Guitarist to Jack or Muzaka. Muzaka's set isn't that great, and I just bumped mine in favor of OUTER SPACE.

Remember that, assuming you can gather the points, you're about to get another 1 star, 2 star, and 3 star set, plus the nepthys set if you want it. I've been informed that in spite of the lovely wording, the bonus on Mass Production Daso actually doesn't go away until the end of your second turn, so it's actually a significant set.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

either put full Tiger Claw on Serendi or Carrot (assuming a dodge build) or put a two piece each on two BoH characters. Put the other mad guitarist on Unknown unless you're saving him for Sweet & Scary Chocolate Warrior (Run him out into enemies and fire his second skill, watch the carnage.) If you put tiger claw on Carrot, move the black crescent set to Unknown, and bump Mad Guitarist to Jack or Muzaka. Muzaka's set isn't that great, and I just bumped mine in favor of OUTER SPACE.

Remember that, assuming you can gather the points, you're about to get another 1 star, 2 star, and 3 star set, plus the nepthys set if you want it. I've been informed that in spite of the lovely wording, the bonus on Mass Production Daso actually doesn't go away until the end of your second turn, so it's actually a significant set.

Oh right, I forgot to mention that. Unknown is currently wearing the Sweet & Scary Chocolate Warrior.

Thanks. Looks like I'll go with:

Tiger Claw --> Serendi
Mad Guitarist --> Jack

Nice to hear that Mass Production Daso lasts til the end of second turn. My first one has been sitting in my inventory for awhile.

Jarmotion
Jan 9, 2006
Lotek Ronin
I just picked this game back up and I'd love to get in on a guild for this event. name: Tipton

edit: I'm an idiot and wrote the wrong name.

Jarmotion fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 23, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Incidentally, there IS a discord for this game, a couple goons are already in there. https://discordapp.com/invite/0v5zyWP7gaVXNFfw

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
Starting a second guild. Name is Overflowtax

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Finally got Lena!

Also had a ton of scissor materials laying around since I wasn't actively leveling any of them up. Managed to get Lena to 5* immediately.

Only had enough p-genes to get her 3rd skill to 5 though :(

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Welcome to end game hell. Any hero outside of story mode and ancient coins are a complete pain to skill. :suicide:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So when do you guys use these tank characters that aren't Jack? Like I can see using other dps characters during coocoo dungeons because of their paper/rock/scissors element, but tanks that aren't Jack confuse me.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

So when do you guys use these tank characters that aren't Jack? Like I can see using other dps characters during coocoo dungeons because of their paper/rock/scissors element, but tanks that aren't Jack confuse me.

Bearman's gimmick is that he can force the enemy to attack him with his third ability. Great for manipulating the AI.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Bearman makes everything attack him instead of the rest of your team. If you run aoe heroes, all enemies will bunch up around Bearman for easy nuking.

Raboff is when even your tank can't tank the damage, so instead you disarm the enemy for 2 turns. You probably won't use him normally, but he's really good in ToD Hard and PvP.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Nobody groups up enemies for you like Bearman.

Nobody tanks Rock enemies like Raboff, and his 2 round 75% area effect disarm is one of the best status attacks in the game.

Chris, sadly, is pretty pants even after getting buffed.

Muzaka is a giant can of assbeatings in basically every way, with stays way better than a tank should have, a damage/regen aura, and three fantastic attacks, all of which can hit pesky diagonal enemies. He's also the only tank with useful reach.

Lance is generally only used for paper coocoos, but his 100% taunt effect is occasionally really useful, as is the fact that he has 6 move and swampwalk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

[Fifth Week of May, Black Coocoo Capsules Announcements]

:eyepop:

An actual good week of capsules. All 3 1* sets looking good and same goes for 4* sets. 5* capsule is probably the only one I wouldn't pull.

• Locked thread